SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lornas

New to Bluebirds

Lorna Secunda
14 years ago

About 2 months ago I installed a bluebird house on my back fence. 2 weeks ago I notice two bluebirds checking it out and entering the house with bits of grass etc. I checked and had a nice little nest built. The next day viola, 1 egg. I had a new egg every day last week until there were 4 eggs. I read about sparrows and installed monofilament on the box and it seems to have deterred any hosps. I ordered a sparrow spooker and unfortunately I didn't get it untill the 4 eggs were laid. The birds are in and out of the nest but haven't laid any more eggs. The weather was horribly cold and stormy this past couple of days so doay I finally installed the spooker over the nest box with the streamers just brushing to top of the roof. The pair watched me intently install this then once done..they fluttered around and finally the female went into the box. I am going to watch for the next hour or so and as it is breezy i hope they have accepted the spooker. I just want ot make sure that I haven't scared them away so that they abandon their nest???? please advise, thanks!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH