SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohsoblue77

Strange things going on around here, again!

ohsoblue77
12 years ago

Well guys, the bluebirds moved to my other nestbox pair, layed like a centimeter of nest material down, then layed an egg! The thing was basically on the nestbox floor!

I was so nervous, thinking it would fall out and break! It was towards the edge of the door! I carefully put it in the center.

So I thought "wow, they really were urgent to lay, huh?

So anyway, I put my sparrow spooker up and used an old, clean bluebird nest, and carefully took the egg out, put the nest in, then returned the egg.

At dusk I stopped by it again and saw a piece of grass sticking out of the hole. I'm thinking "What in the HECK is going on NOW?!" The bluebirds now appear to building OVER the egg!! IF this IS indeed them. Because the swallows next door have tended their nest, the spooker is up, and the egg is still intact!

So what do you guys think is going on?? Does my pair think another pair of bluebirds came and built over their nest and layed an egg?? The egg is buried in the bottom of the nest. If things go as usual, there will be another egg layed tomorrow. So I guess I shouldn't have put that nest in there? I was just worried about such a loose clutch of eggs on such little of material! Looks like the HOSP took over AS SOON as the Bluebirds were ready to lay again! Go figure!!!

Will investigate more tomorrow

~Tim~

Comments (19)