SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mareas_gw

update: 6700 plus traveling daylilies posts !!

mareas
18 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing our November "thankful" swap - and so far the most loved box received was Jo's box to Diane...

As Our Canna said:

Comments (100)

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi All,

Here I sit, Just got over DH having 11 day's off, & we are both still alive:)Back to work for him....Thank God!!!!!Spent a really crappie Friday, I could not get baby D, as the twit with no brain thought the roads were to bad!!!!!!! HELLLLLLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy,
    Congratulations.

Susie,
    Love your new kitchen.

Dianne,
    I wish I could help. Sorry, We all want the best:)

Jo,
    I am calling you, you have my eBay password, I can help you....:)Anita Not time to grab the siggy

• ellenh
    18 years ago

Jo - I just got your message, are you ok now? I'm not going to email you since you said it's not working. Hope Anita was able to help. I'm on ebay constantly, let me know if there's anything I can do.

Hi everyone - gotta got to sleep - Holiday's over :( School day tomorrow.

Ellen

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 9400 posts! traveling daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Good Afternoon Everyone! I think I am beginning to feel better because I no longer need my "friend the bucket." Sounds like everyone had a great time with the game on dogs . About the only one I got right on the first try was the color of collie........hehe I had one for 17 years! Happy belated birthday to anyone I missed. I wanted to share a picture of the wonderful box Carol sent me. Sorry it is dark, but see how well the picture of the wolves turned out. The card was beautiful carol, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm glad I don't have to go to work til tomorrow night at 11 then after my shift I'm off till Friday night. Dawn, I enjoyed seeing your baby collage. Isn't it the greatest feeling when baby is moving all around, and just think, it is a feeling we can only try to describe but I don't think there is a word that can describe it. Anita, Maleah is beautiful, and I love her red hair. Boys will be knocking down your door, and the phone will be ringing off the hook before you know it. I being lazy again today. I might sit and cross stitch for a while I've been working on a project called I LOVE ANTIQUES , COLLECTIBLES & COUNTRY THINGS. Now who else is having a baby? I hope I didn't miss anyone and if I did please forgive me. LIFE IS GOOD, Annie
    ...See More

UPDATE: 11,600 Traveling Daylily Post

Q

Comments (36)
    Hi gang - thank you all again SO MUCH for your support!! Herb is walking again & gaining some strength, has nerve damage in his back so my giant of a man is puny right now, but walking!! I got a weekend job taking care of cats at a big boarding kennel nearby & actually get paid to pet cats. Healing. God is good. Paul, I truly loved seeing your photos - awesome, incredible & majestic Colorado tour you gave your boys AND us. I got to drive through CO once, all I saw was the admittedly fantastic & spiritual views from the interstate & a wonderful diner in Denver where I had the best Denver omelet of my life. Carol, I know you Washington people are used to cool & wet, but it was 110 degrees here the other day, and it hasn't rained here since the beginning of June, so you are actually lucky... I've been feeling very lucky with the daylilies this Summer - the heat has given me oodles of rebloom scapes so I'm going to get to enjoy flowers all this month, too, meaning I'm enjoying daylily blooms for 5 full months this year! AND I got several very promising seedlings, some gorgeous faces that appear to have good branching & bud counts. My favorite has to be an Awesome Blossom x Create Your Dream kid: lavender with purple flames & knobby purple edge. And my 2008 Linda Beck x Bobby Martin seedlings ALL bloomed, just 6 buds each, but they ALL looked like both parents - have high hopes for them. Melinda, our Sunkissed Temptation's registration is now pending & it is going to be introduced at the 2012 National Convention in Ohio. The fan I kept has increased to 5 fans since I mailed yours, sent up a rebloom scape AND has 3 proliferations growing on the first scape! Hope yours is doing as well. Hope all of you are well, cool & happy, Love Marea
    ...See More

update: update: traveling daylilies (photos 11)

Q

Comments (45)
    You really lucked out Paul. Nice stuff! Those can't be current pics of your yard, are they? I thought you lived in WA or OR and had some frost by now. So, I'm juust a tad jealous if you can see that now! You know the one draw back with my elph camera is I frequently get the icon telling me my camera is shaking. Even if holding it very still. The high wind causes problems with focusing but they might make a similar model with some type of stabilizing feature to minimize this. I take many out of focus pics. The 2 below are examples as they were taken on horseback and the first with 12 X magnification as I was far away. Marea, Since you asked for a horse pic I went out in 39 degree weather for the first ride in a while. Shiloh was too full of energy and naughty. Here is the corn harvest here. Don't be fooled by the small size of these blue wagons. They are really big- 3 will fill a semi truck full of corn. and here if my hubby having the time of his life! If he wasn't so tired he might smile more. The combine is quite large also if you are standing up next to it. So- anyway- this should counts as a horse picture! BTW Marea, The lily garden idea with semps sounds groovy! You are the semp queen! I just found a photo/ art web place called redbubble.com. Some lovely and some weird art there. A warm bubble bath sounds dreamy right about now... Karen
    ...See More

UPDATE: 9000 Traveling Daylily Posts!! Wow!

Q

Comments (101)
    Evening all, Well apparently my ISP has been having some problems....i havent been able to get on for days. busy signal. they are experiencing techinal problems....unknown fix date. however, when i told them im cutting service today, i can get in. who knows when next though. Shirley, OH i will keep your Dad in prayers. i hope they find whats wrong soon try and keep his spirits up. Susan, why do i need Ceasar Milon at all? ive got you. :) Big smiles. thankyou for all the info, esp the biting. i had assumed that was teething lol but even that hasnt been too bad. for info- she is a good kitty, has all shots, not spayed but has appt next fri. and given all your info i am really lucky actually. the biggest problem is kneading (sp?), her obsession to do so, and why oh why must this be done at 3 am??? its a ritual with her, started a few weeks ago. ok i could act about dog interaction too but will save. Annie and Anita...oh my word.12...32.....and i have such troubles with one. Annie, would love pics when you get again. i got my camera as a santa gift. ask for one with not too many buttons. wish mine didn't have so many. i spent weeks figuring out closeups and now cant take any others. :). and Anita...maybe the barn is why we get so many dumps. hadnt though of that, not that i can get rid of it. they usually dont get this far alive though :(. Canna, your Ziggy is beautiful. OK onto daylilies..... Marea, aw how i would have LOVED to hear petit on growing better daylilies. bet is was inspirational. :). as it is...we have an interesting speaker Nov 12th....Gil Stelter. Oddly enough, his "specialty" is crossing new hybrids with hemerocallis fulva "the ditch lilly". ive heard hes getting great things and cant wait to see for myself. Sharon. spiny Sea Urchin here came out like the pic you see. what i didnt like was the constant color break in the sepals. that was the best pic i could take. but mort morss and a couple of other here were worse. thrips, lack of water, new here, who knows? take it for what its worth (all have not been here long), but the winner for garden beauty in this class was Spacecoast Sharptooth. spines and a beauty to knock you over. (pic prev posted) if you want one thats been here longer, heres a surprise... Crown of Creation. Registered double, it never does here (im not the only one in this area) awesome every time. Bambi, the good news is that if ive bought it, the price will plummet! mark my word:). i usually buy at least a few years out though...with a few hybridizing exceptions, expect at least 20% per year. more earlier. Anita, getting is even better than need lol. im on a limit this year and trying to stay there though. 2o is what i can fit at leat with the current spots open. Shirley, at least thus far, spiny su has made small fans here. it is small here too, but keep your fingers crossed. One more pic. a couple of people asked earlier if crosses came out the same, or how different they can be. the pic is of two of the same....Bill Munson x Lace Cookies. the one on the left is a huge flower (8"?) but ugly version of mommy, the one on the right i really liked, looks likes daddy quite a bit, but i thought it had some edge potential. of the 3 others, 2 non-descript yellows, and one even uglier version of Bill Munson. This outcome is typical imho. but occasionally, you can get one that looks nothing like neither parent as well. Cindy Gloria & Paul, what beautiful families! G, you do not look a thing like i pictured....are you a movie star too?
    ...See More
  • brittneysgran
    18 years ago

I'm so disgusted I put on 4 pounds just during the Thanksgiving Holiday. But I did attend 5 huge get togethers. They started on Sunday and ended on Saturday.
    Now I will have to starve to get it off.

Cindy-Ohhhh post a picture of little Noah. He was almost born on Thanksgiving Day. Seems like everyone is having boys here lately. Out of the last 20 babies born that I know of only one was a little girl.

Diane-Wish I could help you out on that baby furniture. Do you know who makes it? I can get furniture from Broyhill at cost but it would probably cost you a fortune to get it shipped to your home. The Broyhill factory is in Hickory, NC. I have got to get serious after Christmas and order a new couch, chair and entertainment center. My boss said he don't know how much longer Broyhill will have their Hickory office. One of the truck drivers picks it up for us and brings it right to us. My Boss's daughter got married this year and got all new furniture from broyhill. She got some really nice stuff without all that marked up prices. Ernie (My boss) worked at Broyhill before he came to Zickgraf.

Jo-What can I say....You outdid yourself lady. You are definetely a precious person going the extra mile for Diane's box. See you found your Brian plants. Thanks for sharing the poem with us it was beautiful. I have several of the irises on your want list. I will let you know which ones they are.

Susie-Love your kitchen you will have fun decorating it now. I loved the movie Silver Bells did you?

Carol-Love your newest siggy. Definetely the cutest.

Anita-Sorry you didn't get Baby D on Friday. Hopefully soon though.

Cody-I actually asked for a load of top soil one Christmas and I was told NO too. I said well that is what I really want.

Marea & Barb-Nice pictures. I think it helps us get through the long winter with our pictures. I find myself continully looking at all pictures saved on the computer.

Back to work for me. Lunch is over and way toooooo much work to do.

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Hi everybody, I've been unable to do anything on GW forever. My computer was so slow but only on this site. I didn't realize it and called tech support and they finally said it was my computer. I unplugged it last night for a storm and surprise today it is working fine. Get that!

We were under a tornado warning last night for several hours but our home was spared. Some of our neighbors just 2 and 3 miles up the roads weren't so lucky. There was a lot of damage to 8 homes just up the mountain from us. I guess we've very lucky that we are in a valley. I was terrified and DH was outside looking for the tornadoes. I couldn't get him to come back in. What's with people who think they need to see if one's coming? My thought is that if you can see it you're too late to get under cover!

Dian, you may check around at other stores for the same furniture and find it somewhere else on sale. I looked at all the coupon/discount sites that I have bookmarked and none of them even showed Toys 'R us having furniture. Good luck. We bought our granddaughter some very nice furniture and she never even slept in the bed. She slept with mom and dad and then when she got big enough to sleep alone they wanted her to have a queen sized bed.

Anita, sorry your brain dead EX (thank God!) DIL is being such a PITA. Hopefully as time passes and anger fades things will get much better. You have a lot of people praying for you.

Barbara, your ferns look so green and healthy! I can't believe they're spore grown, you're doing good girl! The little pink escargo look like tiny rose blooms. It's beautiful.

Veeja, I love your siggy! I only wish I could have done it first. ;-) Shh, we won't tell Mama G what it is we love about it.

Dawn, my beauty berry bushes are pretty now too and the leaves are ugly. It seems like they are every year when the seeds are at their best. If you get them to sprout for you let me know how you did it. I have several of the shrubs but I've read that they are very hard to transplant.

All of the flowers are beautiful. Gloria, the ones you sent Dawn look so much like our centerpeice on Thanksgiving. We went to our son's and had dinner with his family and his in-laws. It was really fun and there was wayyyy too much to eat as always.

I enjoyed the other poems here too. They were all great. This is a wonderful group and I enjoy reading what each of you is up to. Keep it coming!

Nancy

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, still some more bugs to work out on the 'puter, but I have e-mail, and I can connect, still a roundabout route, but I am here.

CAROL,(and everyone),
    All Dec. Secret Santa boxes MUST be out no later than Dec. 10th. You need to get them out by then so your partner can receive them before Christmas. PO gets very busy, and they might be delayed.

Carol,
    Yes, I would love a siggy with the dahlia "Just Peachy"
    and the fancy victoriana type writing. Thank you soooo much. Your a sweety.

Ellen,
    My e-mail is working, maybe you could contact me and offer some suggestions, to work those last little bugs out.

Anita,
    Thank you my best buddy. I was gonna call you if I couldn't get it going. I really appreciate your offer.

Nancy,
    So glad you came through your bad weather safe and sound.
    I feel bad for your neighbors though.

Barb,
    Your mystery rex is very pretty. I went to a huge plant sale here last year. The one vendor there had the most fantastic rex begonias, they were just awesome. I didn't end up with any however, there were so many other things I wanted even more. I got a red lace leaf Japanese maple for $12, it was very nice, and raised locally, so it will do well here in my zone. I got many other awesome plants as well. I just wish I had more money, I could have easily gotten many more. (grin)

Shirley,
    I decided I wasn't gonna even "try" to diet right now. But, right after Christmas I am going on a diet "big time". About the iris, thanks, looking forward to it.

Cindy,
    BIG CONGRATS. Yes, post a picture of that new little guy, so we can all ooooh and ahhhh.

Dianne,
    I have also checked on the web, I cannot find anything except deals for online. Have you tried looking online for it? Maybe if you can find it online, you might get a deal of some kind. I know they often have internet only specials. I typed in "coupon Babies R Us" and found several things for online only. Maybe you can find something you can use.

Well, today is going to be a very busy day, my grandkids are coming and we are gonna bake Christmas cookies, and make paper chains, and foamie handprints to put on the tree. We will trace each ones hand, put their name and the year on it, and make a tree ornament out of it. We hope to do this every year, so we can see how much they have grown. So, I had better get moving,

have a great day all,

big hugs,

Jo/juspeachy

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Ok Jo, here are two trys one is just peachy other is kerri blue
    {{gwi:1311985}}
    {{gwi:1311986}}
    had a little trouble cleaning up just peachy, I also have one with blue text if you would like. hope one works for you. hugs carol

• veeja11
    18 years ago

those were a little large here is another try
    {{gwi:1311987}}

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Carol-Like that last one you did for Jo.

Cindy-Happy Belated Birthday. Got caught up in the holidays and missed your Nov. 25th Birthday. Hope it was extra special for you.

Also Cathy's was the 23rd and Becky's the 22nd. Happy Belated Birthday to both of you too.

• juspeachy
    18 years ago

Hi All,

WHERE IS EVERYONE??????

Carol,
    thank you, thank you, I love the little one, (actually, I love the big one too), but you are right, it is a little large.

I just got home, and stopped by to say hi to everyone,wow, this thread is kinda slow. We normally talk wayyyy more than this.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF OUR NOVEMBER BIRTHDAY GIRLS AND GUYS.

C'mon, please post your.... MUST HAVE RECIPES FOR CHRISTMAS

thanks,
    have a great night everyone,

hugs,

Jo/juspeachy

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Cherry Yum Yum
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 cup milk
    1 tsp vanilla
    8 oz cream cheese
    1 small box (2 envelopes dream whip)
    1 1/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
    3/4 stick marg.
    1 can cherry pie filling

Mix first 3 ingredients until creamy and add cream cheese and vanilla. Mix cracker crumbs & marg. (Use only 1 cup of cracker crumbs) in bottom of bowl. Spread 1/2 of cream cheese mixture over cracker crumbs. Spread cherry pie filling over cream cheese mixture. Spread last 1/2 of cream cheese mixture next. Use 1/2 graham cracker crumbs for top. Chill 3 hours.

Sorry Jo will try and get a few more sent to you later.

• User
    18 years ago

Good morning, December 1!
    Remember to send out your Christmas swap packages by the 10th.

dian57/Dianne

• namso
    18 years ago

Good morning all,

The 10th????????????? egad, im such a procrastinator :(. best get in gear.

Noah pics coming soon:).

Nancy - glad to hear you are safe. & nice to see you posting again :).

Barb - that is so cool. ferns from spores!

Carol - love those siggys :)

Jo - on planting seeds in Jan - got to clarify so i don't get you on the wrong tract; really too early to start if you don't have to. These first ones get very spindly. in this zone, if i could plant them all at the end of Feb/beginning of March or outide in spring I would.
    plus I don't think it makes any difference in bloom time. For me, the transplanted seedlings just sit there doing absoutley nothing all summer. only when the temps cool down in early sept do they start to show top growth again.
    Is this anyone else's experience?

Marea - now i need a Jane Trimmer lol. beautiful.

Sharon - happy to try the pollen trade again.

Mephistopheles X Clarification (purchased seed)

• namso
    18 years ago

Oh Shirley and all, thankyou for the belated b-day wishes :). It was a great one.
    Cindy O

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Hello Ladies and Gents, I must appologize to Anita as I have not sent her November box out yet. It will be going out today but I guess I will have to get put in the corner. There has just been too much on me this month. It is finally starting to improve but I am sooooo far behind it will be next year before I get caught up. I also want to appologize to Dawn, Mama bird for not getting her box posted on here sooner. This is a list of what she sent me in a most wonderful November box.
    Friends pillow
    Marjolien Bastin Bracelet
    An old sunflower sculpture, beautiful hand painted by Dawn.
    Sunny day Bluebird
    Buttermilk Soy Candle
    Coleus Canina and Sauromatum venosum Indian Giant
    Plant markers always an excellent gift!
    turkey hand shovel, very cute even though it was given for something I didn't want. LOL
    Caryopteris
    Apple cider pumpkin soap
    Hogwash soap
    Victorias secret Ultra Moisturizing hand and body creme in Love spell scent, divine!
    Home made spice cake tea bags, can't wait to try these
    And something that will make you guys all wish you got my box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A 25$ gift certificate to Roycroft Daylily Nursery!!!
    I have looked over the catalouge and I am telling ya, I maynot ever be able to decide from their beautiful selection of Daylilies. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Mamabird!! I will enjoy this box for a long time and the daylily that I pick I will certainly share back with you when It is large enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Tanarae

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

I am alive but barely, went to dr. yesterday got meds.. just the flu junk, but my goodness its got me bad..
    will write later, hurts to look and see words... someone sent me a prince in a hotel.. tell him to drive here... am too sick to go.. need back rub and tea! im freezing! later g

• mareas
    Original Author
    18 years ago

"hurts to...see words..." that sure sounds like that nasty ol' flu - poor Gloria! By the way, G, I was all misty-eyed about your Thanksgiving flower sending adventure. Bless your heart many times over.
    10 days to Christmas Box Deadline - YIPES. But luckily my secret partner has updated her GW lists - hooray!
    I'm sorry I've kept you guessing, secret sender, but if it's not listed on my pages - I want it!

Annie - HAVE to tell you that that parent to child poem is just awesome. And so are those desserts!

Dirtpig/Jean ~ I loved your siggy! ['cept for the blue not being around the "j" part...]

Barbara - Your Rex Begonia is stunning. I will happily find something you like to trade you if you get division enough to send me one next year??

I got a Christmas present already! My DH gave me a Brother computerized sewing machine - and I did my first paid sewing alterations today. Another part time job - just what I needed... Got 4 already - got to stop this.

Jo and her grand kids & those handprint tree ornaments - isn't that just like a Hallmark moment or what? Thanks for the sentimental grin, Jo!
    ~m'

• budsnblooms
    18 years ago

Hi All,

I haven't been on-line much lately but I have finally caught up with reading the post. I have been shopping for my December partners gift. A few more things and I will have it together.

Cindy, Marea, G....Thanks for checking...Just been busy with holiday and family things. I've had a lot of company in the last month. Things will quieten down now for a little bit until Christmas.

I love all the picture's everyone is posting.
    >

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Shirley, my Grandma used to make your Cherry Yum-yum, but we now call it 'Grandma's Fake Cherry Cheesecake.' LOL We use cool whip instead of the dream whip. And we don't add the vanilla, so I will have to try that next time. (Oh, and if I'm lazy, I use the premade grahm cracker shells in the store, but homemade tastes MUCH better!) Other than that it is the same. I absolutely loved it as a kid!! My son even asked for it for his birthday cake one year. :o)

A new month and I get to start a new cross of daylily seeds. I've been going through them this morning and I have choosen . . . a cross from my own garden . . .
    (Buzz Saw x Victorian Lace) x Voodoo Dancer - 2 seeds. I believe I sent some of these out to those of you who asked for seeds.

Thought I would post their pictures so you can dream with me.
    Voodoo Dancer - black double
    {{gwi:1311989}}

Buzz Saw x Victorian Lace
    {{gwi:1284043}}

Jo and Cindy, I've started just a couple seeds in Nov. the last couple years, just for fun. And Cindy is right, there really isn't a good reason to do that. One time the cross did grow a lot more than the other crosses and I really had big hopes it would bloom that first year, but nope, it still took 2 years. Just like the other 70% of my seeds. The other 29% took 3 years and I still have 2 spiders that have not bloomed (in the shade though).

Gloria, please get better.

'Happy Belated Birthday' to Cindy, Cathy and Becky.

Tan - wow, a great box!

I think I finally have everything for my 'Christmas Package'. So I'm off to put it all together. What Fun!

Jo, do we open these as soon as we receive them, or do we have to wait for Christmas? I'm like a kid - I don't think I would be able to wait for Christmas. :o)

Have a great day everyone!
    sharon/tma

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Good morning everyone!

Hope you are not waking up to weather like mine. A few inches of snow overnight....still snowing with very blustery winds. Temps. are supposed to be around 29 or 30 for our high today. Poor DH, I feel so bad that he has to work in this mess. Many Masons work seasonally, but his company works year 'round. I bundled him up real good. : )

Debbie, so good to hear from you! We've missed your posts. Love your butterfly! It looks iridescent.

Gosh, did I miss all those birthdays? So sorry ladies!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO CINDY!!!
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO CATHY!!!
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO BECKY!!!

Hope you had a great day.

Cindy, congratulations! Show us some pics of Noah if you can.
    Last year my Callicarpa berries lasted a pretty long time, but I can't remember exactly. I will keep better track of them and keep you updated.

Marea, you know, i've always loved yellow in the garden. And yellow Daylilies are great.....one of my favorites is good 'ol 'Happy Returns'. It's such a nice yellow.
    Yellow is also a good combo. color. I love it with purples and blues especially.
    Loved the poem Canna included.

G, hope you are feeling better. I would send you my personal masseuse if I had one. : )

Barb, those snail pics are great!!!!! I really enjoyed looking at them. Yes, the indoor water gardens really help brighten up days like today. Here in the office I have a little piece of tropical paradise next to the snowy window. : )
    I love, love, love that mystery Rex Begonia. More fabulous pictures.
    I'd love to trade someday for that one too. I have several, and will take some pics next trip out to the greenhouse.
    Congrats. on the ferns. They look great.
    Love your pictures, keep them coming.

Dianne/Jo........I can't even describe how lovely that poem is. Jo, you did a beautiful job. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Dianne, thanks for the reminder about the Christmas swap packages. Mine is in the works and will be out before the deadline. : )

Tanarae, SO happy you liked your Nov. package. And i'm assuming your gift cert. came, so that's good. I was wondering if you got it. No apologies needed about not posting, as I know you had alot to deal with last month. I hope you have a much brighter December and are able to come and hang out with us more. Enjoy everything!

Sharon, ooooooohhhhhhh, I'm dreaming about the cross and I think it's going to be gorgeous.

Nancy, I haven't tried to start any seeds from the Beautyberry in the past, but would like to give it a try this year. I'll let you know what method I use and what happens.

Sue, your kitchen looks very nice. And it certainly doesn't look small to me. It's so nice and bright, which is something I don't have. My next home with have tons of windows in the kitchen. That seems to be a new trend. They are installing less wall cabinets and more base cabinets to allow more room for windows. Have fun in there!

I should show you guys before and after's of my kitchen. You'd fall off your chairs, lol. You wouldn't believe the mess we started with.

Annie, very nice poem. I will save that. That cheesecake sounds soooooooo delicious. I might have to put on my bakers hat and give it a try.

Mary, I forgot to tell you how much I loved your friends poem. I printed it out and had it laying on my dining room table at Thanksgiving. It's great! Still on my fridge.

Just want you all to know that i've heard from our dear Susan (aka Axelrose) and she is still in the process of moving. She is truly a special friend. She couldn't take all of her plants to her new home and she sent many of them to come live with me. They arrived in a HUGE microwave box!!! It was packed full.
    Thank you Susan. I promise to take good care of them.

Anita, how's things? Hope she doesn't come up with another excuse this week. I'm sure baby David misses his Gram.

Canna, I have an ale to tell you about, but can't type the name here. Kind of offensive, lol.

What a busy week it's been.

Tuesday my sister and I traveled to my Grams to do some holiday decorating. We put up about 180' of fresh, white pine garland with bows outside on her fence and decks. It was lots of fun. I took my camera, but i'm a dork and forgot to take pics.
    Wednesday I took my mother to see Patti Page at the Palace Theatre in Greensburg, PA. Does anyone here know her? We played her Christmas album all the time when I was little. "I wanna' go skating with Willie........."
    Yesterday I spent the morning at the dentist. I broke a molar and had to get it fixed. I had a very state-of-the-art procedure done and the beautiful porcelian veneer was custom made by computer in fifteen minutes! He was able to save my tooth, so the porcelian just sort of fills in the broken spot. So cool.
    Today we are going to dinner with the inlaws/grandparents. A belated Thanksgiving get-together. The Back Porch Restaurant in Speers, PA. One of my favorite places.

Well, I want to get some housecleaning done so I can put up the trees tomorrow. Talk you all later.

Happy Friday!!!!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Hi All:)

Quick check in, so you all know I am alive:)

Happy belated Birthday to: Cindy, Cathy & Becky. Sorry I missed them, Hope you all had special day's.

How are we all doing for getting things decorated for Christmas?
    Hope we do the pic's again this year, as last year had to much going on to decorate, But I sure am going to this year.

Tana,
    I was more worried about you, than the Nov box, glad to see you are OK:)

Dawn,
    Yes I awoke to the same crap & it is still coming down well:(
    Actually I would prefer not to have baby d this weekend, as I have a living room FULL of Christmas decorations waiting to be put up. I WILL take him, if the juge says so today though, have court this afternoon, Lawyer wants to get her for contempt of court, I asked he give her another chance, but I do have pic's of her street last weekend (have a friend that lives 2 blocks from her) that shows not a drop of snow.

Will play better catch up, when I have more time.
    Have a wonderful day all.

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Just spent all morning putting together the Christmas box. And don't you know it, I realized I had forgotten to buy something! &*&&^%$%%# But I wrapped it all up and sent it out anyway. I will send apology later to my Secret Christmas friend. Oh, it was fun though. Snow outside (even though it is only 1 inch), Christmas music playing and me singing with it, presents and wrapping and tape all around me. Yes! I think I'm finally in the spirit. Just got back from the post office. It had a long line, kind of surprised me.
    I hope to decorate the house a little today, but have to take the son to the ortho. soon.

What is this about pictures of decorations?

sharon/tma

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

SOMEBODY... ANYBODY.... GO BUY GUN... IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ON SALE... I WILL REIMBURSE YOU THE FULL PRICE... SHOOT ME! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO SICK.. IS THIS WHAT GETTING OLD MEANS? MY NECK, MY KNEE CAPS, MY INSIDES OF EVERY PART OF MY BODY... NEVER EVER BEEN SO SICK.... WHEN ONE STOPS, THEN SOMETHING ELSE KICKS IN.. HOW CAN I FREEZE AND SWEET TO DEATH... HUSBAND PUT LOTS OF BLANKETS ON MY LEGS.. THE WEIGHT MADE THEM FEEL BETTER? oH lORD... I THINK THE WEIGHT OF MY OWN BODY HURTS MY SIDES.. SLEEPT ON SOFA LAST NIGHT... NO, LAZY BOY CHAIR... DONT HAVE SOFA.. PITCHED IT OUT WEEKS AGO... PADS ON MY FEET HURT...

JUST A FAST NOTE TO LET YOU ALL KNOW I AM DOING BETTER......
    GLAD MY PARTNER DOESNT KNOW WHO I AM SHED BE WORRIED.. SHED HAVE REASON TO BE WORRIED....
    BUT I GOT A BOX HERE ALMOST FULL.... OH WHERE IS OPRAH WHEN YOU NEED HER?

• mareas
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Merry Christmas Sharon! I'm doing the same thing today - Hark the Herald Angels Sing... I think your November seeds cross IS gonna be fabulous!
    Look at this one:
    {{gwi:1311992}}
    I discovered it is a cross of two daylilies I own - guess which two daylilies are going to live in a bed alone together?? This question would be an Official Ding Ding if I could post photos to my yahoo emails...

HELP NEEDED: I don't have the correct address for my secret partner - if you have everybody's info PLEASE email me when you read this?? I'd love to get my box mailed today...

Gloria - Im glad you feel better today - keep going on that healing part! Hey, carbon monoxide poisening gives those same symptoms - make sure you go outside and breath as often as you can, just in case, ok? Marea

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Here is my mother's fruit salad recipe. I hope ya'll like it!

Mom's Fruit Salad

3 bananas, sliced
    1/2 lb seedless grapes, halved
    4 ounces maraschino cherries, halved
    1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
    1 can mandarin oranges, well drained (may use fresh oranges)
    2 golden delicious apples, cut in chunks
    2 cups mini marshmallows
    1 pint fresh whipping cream
    almond extract (just about 1/8 tsp.)
    14-16 servings

Put all fruit in a large pretty bowl, whip cream, adding sugar to desired sweetness, pour cherry juice into the cream for color and flavour as desired and add about 1/8 tsp. almond flavoring. Mix fruit with the whipped cream, refrigerate until ready to serve.

Nancy

• skohler
    18 years ago

Gloria Hope you will be up & around & feeling back
    to Normal by the weekend :))) WHATEvER NORMAL IS :)))

I LOVE MY KITCHEN Now I can't seem to stay out of it.
    Tomorrow I will be starting my Holiday candies &
    Cookies .
    will post the reciepts soon .

Oh my xmas box went out on thurday :)))
    susie

• mareas
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Help please? Susie and nancy, didnt you read my post?? marea

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Here is my DH's favorite Christmas Dessert.

Italian Cream Cake

1 stick butter
    1/2 cup Wesson oil
    2 cups sugar
    5 eggs, separated
    1 cup buttermilk
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 cup shredded coconut
    1/2 cup nuts, chopped

Icing:

1-8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
    1 stick butter, softened
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 box powdered sugar
    1/2 cups nuts, chopped fine

Cream butter, oil and sugar. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir baking soda into buttermilk. Add sifted flour into batter, alternating with buttermilk mixture. Add vanilla, coconut and chopped nuts. Beat egg whites and fold into mixture. Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch cake pan or 3 8 or 9 inch layer pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool and ice.

Icing:
    Beat cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and nuts. Continue to beat until of spreading consistency.

Microwave Vanilla Cream Pie & Variations

This is a breeze to make! We love cream pies but I have arthritis and a lot of times I don't feel like all the stirring it takes to make a cream pie the traditional way. This cuts out all of that! The taste is exactly the same, delicious! This recipe comes from an old Tappan O'keefe & Merrit Microwave Cooking Guide.
    1 baked 9 inch pie shell
    1/2-3/4 cup sugar
    3 tablespoons cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cups milk
    3 slightly beaten egg yolks
    2 tablespoons butter (or maragaine)
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Meringue
    3 egg whites
    1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
    6 tablespoons sugar

1 9inch pie Change size or US/metric
    Change to: 9inch pie US Metric
    20 minutes 5 mins prep

Mix together sugar, cornstarch, salt and 1/2 cup milk in a 1 1/2 qt. casserole until smooth. Stir in remaining milk.
    Microwave on HIGH for 5 to 8 minutes or until thickened.
    Stir occasionally the last half of cooking.
    Beat a little of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, then add the egg yolk mixture to the remaining hot mixture.
    Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
    Stir occasionally. Blend in butter and vanilla. Pour in cooled baked pastry shell. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Seal around edges. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes. *If microwave has a browning element, brown as desired.

Variations:.
    BANANA CREAM PIE.
    Follow Vanilla Cream Pie recipe as directed except slice 2 medium bananas in the bottom of the 9 inch baked pastry shell. Pour vanilla cream pie filling over the bananas. Top with meringue.

BUTTERSCOTCH CREAM PIE.
    Follow Vanilla Cream Pie recipe as directed except substitute the granulated sugar with dark brown sugar and add 3 tablespoons butter instead of the 2 tablespoons butter.

COCOA CREAM PIE.
    Follow Vanilla Cream Pie recipe as directed except add 1/3 cup cocoa in Step 1 and increase cornstarch to 1/4 cup.
    (I use the larger amount of sugar for this one.)

COCONUT CREAM PIE.
    Follow Vanilla Cream pie recipe as directed except add 1 cup coconut to cream pie filling and sprinkle 1/3 cup toasted coconut over the meringue.

I bake my meringue in my gas oven just because I prefer it that way.

I haven't tried this but copied it from Recipezaar, my favorite recipe forum. I thought it may come in handy with some of the recipes that call for Cool Whip and you don't have any. I'm going to try it myself.

Just Like Cool Whip Recipe #81374
    Why buy Cool Whip, when you can make it for yourself, cheaper too, and just as good as the real thing. Although I have never tried it, but I imagine that the mixture could be frozen until ready to use. (note: bowl chilling time, includes prep time) Also, do not double the recipe, as it will not thicken properly.
    1 teaspoon gelatin
    2 teaspoons cold water
    3 tablespoons boiling water
    1/2 cup ice water
    1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
    3 tablespoons sugar (or more if desired)
    3 tablespoons oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups (approx) Change size or US/metric
    Change to: cups (approx) US Metric
    1 hour 1 hr prep

1. Chill a small bowl.
    2. Soften gelatin with 2 tsp cold water, then add the boiling water, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool until tepid (almost room temperature).
    3. Place ice water and dry milk powder in the chilled bowl.
    4. Beat at high speed, until mixture forms stiff peaks; add sugar and vanilla, still beating, then oil and gelatin.
    5. Place in freezer for about 15 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator until ready to use.
    6. Stir just before using, to retain creamy texture.
    7. **NOTE** do not double recipe or the mixture will not thicken. also, 1 tsp PURE vanilla may be added if desired.

Sorry I forgot to wish all the birthday girls Happy Birthday too so Happy Birthday to Cindy, Cathy and Becky. I hope this was your bestest ever and you got everything you wanted!

Happy weekend to everyone!

Nancy

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Gloria, you aren't sparkling, feel better, none of us here will shoot you we all love you too much.
    Fantasy fudge
    3 cups sugar
    3/4 cup marggarine
    2/3 cup evaporated milk
    1-12 oz bag semi-sweet choclate
    1 7oz jar kraft marshmallow cream
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    ( optional 1 cup chopped nuts)
    Combine sugar margarine and milk in heavy 2 1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
    continue boiling 5 min over medium heat stirring
    remove from heat, stir in choclate until melted. add marshmallow cream nuts and vanilla, beat until blended. pour into 13x9in buttered pan let cool.
    a delicious fudge. I sent out my christmas pkg should be there by now. happy hollidays everyone

• mareas
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, i get finally get it, then. If you women are really that mean as to ignore me - i dont think you know the first thing about christmas. personally speaking..
    You got your christmas wish, tho, i won't post here again. marea

• barbamaman
    18 years ago

Gloria - please get better - we all depend on you! Here's a grin from our Marie. For you.

{{gwi:1311993}}

YES!Her daddy thinks she'll have brown eyes - those are blue eyes for sure, don't you think?

My mystery Rex is almost certainly Marmaduke (thanks Cody!) We'll see if I can propagate a bunch. Last year I divided it and it just staggered - I think leaf divisions will be more humane!

Jo, here's a recipe...no laughing now, it's GOOD!

White Trash

6 C Rice Chex
    2 C dry roasted peanuts
    2 C candy coated chocolate (red and green?)
    4 C broken pretzel sticks
    1 1/2 lb melted white dipping chocolate

Pour melted white chocolate over dry mixture (all but candy coated chocolate). Stir to evenly coat. Add candy coated chocolate. Immediately pour out onto wax paper covered cookie sheet. Cool. Break into pieces.

And a little country:

Sweet Potato Biscuits

2 C flour
    4 tsp baking powder
    3/4 tsp salt
    1/4 C butter
    2 C mashed cold sweet potatoes
    1/2 to 2/3 C skim milk
    extra flour for kneading

Preheat oven to 400.
    Mix together dry ingredients. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives. Stir in sweet potatoes, mixing really well. Add milk a little at a time just until you have a soft dough. Knead pieces lightly on floured board just until you can roll and cut them. Cut into rounds. Spray or grease a pan, put the biscuits in, bake 15 min.

Cold Cherry Soup

1 #3 can tart pie cherries
    1 qt water
    1/4 C sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 stick cinnamon
    1 T cornstarch
    1/2 C sour cream

Boil cherries, water, sugar, salt and cinnamon for 10 min. Blend cornstarch with some cold water, add to cherry mixture while stirring. Remove cinnamon. Chill. Serve with sour cream stirred in at the last minute. Serves 6.

Garlic, Parsley & Cheese Treats FOR YOUR DOG!!

2 C shredded cheddar cheese
    1/4 C butter
    1 1/2 C wholewheat flour
    1/4 C milk - approx.
    1 T chopped garlic
    chopped parsley - lots
    Parmesan cheese

Cream cheese and butter. Add flour, milk, garlic and parsley. Knead. Roll out using Parmesan cheese to prevent sticking. Cut into shapes (we use dachshunds and cairn terriers.) Bake at 325-350 abt. 45 min. til firm and golden brown. Keeps well in a canister.

Date Upside-down Pudding Cake

Mixes and bakes in the same pan - don't even grease it!

Preheat oven to 375. Set the kettle on to boil.

Snip 1 C pitted dates into 9" square or round baking dish. Add 2 T butter. Pour over 1 C boiling water. Stir to melt butter and soften dates. Add 1 egg, 1 1/2 C instant type flour (or 1 1/2 C regular flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt), 1/2 C sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 C broken walnut pieces. Beat with a fork til mixture is well blended, abt. 2 min., scraping bottom of pan with a rubber spatula after 1 min of beating. Smooth batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 C brown sugar. Slowly pour 1 1/2 C boiling water over all. Bake at 375 abt. 40-50 min. til done.

Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream piled in center. Serves 9. Rich!

• namso
    18 years ago

Good morning all, quick check in. off to shop.....

Marea, sent you an email. and i love that dl pic.

G, hope you are feeling better now :)

Barb, great pic of Marie. what a beautiful grandaughter you have.

Ok, heres the promised pic...from the proud aunt.
    Noah
    {{gwi:1311995}}

Try to catch up on rest soon...:)
    Cindy O

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Cindy O. - Noah is beautiful!!! Was he a C-section? He looks so perfect.

Barb, and your Marie has the most beautiful smile. And the hair looks kind of blond. I think she will be blond with blue eyes and an eyecatching smile! Both my kids ended up with brown eyes and they turned pretty darn fast.

Gloria, I know it was a typing error, but you had me snorting into my coffee this morning . . . you sweet instead of 'sweat'. I'm going to use that from now on. chuckle I do hope you get better fast. Just before Christmas is a terrible time to get sick.

Marea, OMG, love the daylily! Is Forbidden Desires one of the parents? I'm so glad you got your answer.

Nancy, I'm having Christmas at my house this year and was looking for a new salad recipe, I think I might use your Mom's Fruit Salad. :o)

I will be Christmas shopping by 10am. Christmas Tree shopping after that. At a Christmas Parade later (my Marching Band daughter will be in it). They do the parade at twilight, ask people to do 'lights'. It's kind of a 'sad looking' parade in the dark. We are a small town . . . who do they think we are "Walt Disney World" with their Electric Light Parade? Ah, well, it is the only Christmas parade we go to and it only lasts for a short time. But it will be cold tonight. Burrrrr!

sharon/tma

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

I promised a long time ago a picture of my Marching Band daughter.
    {{gwi:1311996}}

sharon/tma

• skohler
    18 years ago

marea
    I read your post but didn't understand what you
    you was asking & really didnt think you was asking
    me for anything I sure don't mean to exnore
    anyone although my mine dose not taken in everything that I read Sorry Don't know what to blame that on yet:((

as for seeing a picture up above about a seed cross
    honestly I cannot get the picture :((
    & I know nothing of how to cross pollenate yet I'm very New to this forum & lots to learn yet .

as For Giving the address of who you are to send to for the xmas swap I don't know who you are sending to BUT
    If you send me the name I will Be happen to send you an address if I have it .

Marea Please Don't leave the forum just because Nacy & I didn't see your post or understand the post there are others here also I for one am sorry if I hurt your feelings It was Not done in spite that is not my way and hope you know that .

please let me know what I can say or do to help you .
    I wish to let you all know that I do try to read all the post but I guess I do over look a few & I don't
    mean to exnore anyone .
    well I have some baking to do today . so I wish
    Everyone a very nice weekend.
    susie

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

The new babies are so cute, and Sharon your daughter looks so grand/elegant in her uniform. Shelby tried the sax when he was in Jr. High but didn't keep it up.

I've been working 12 hr shifts and have not had much time to be on here.

Susie, Love the look of your new kitchen

CindyO, I think as of right now my favorite hosta has to be Tiffany's Godzilla and Carriage Wheels, but then in an hour from now it will be different I'm sure.

To all the daylily pros, I was pretty proud of the fact I planted some daylily seeds that were marked Wilson Spider x Exotic Love. Two of them germinated and grew. Of course I can't remember who sent them to me in a trade, but maybe this year they will bloom.

Barb, I've never tried growing ferns from spore. How hard are they to do?

Anita, sorry you didn't ge babyD for the holiday.

I have a guestion?????? and I know the deadline for sending out the Christmas package is the 10th, but... I'm waiting on a couple of items that I ordered, and they were postitive it would be here by the 10th but no later than the 13th. I will wrap it up, send the package out by priority mail with delivery confirmation the day they come. Will I be put in the corner for this? If so, I understand, but...then what do I do to get out of the corner.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

marea
    i would guess forbidden desires x magic amethyst, but i've been wrong before so i'll also through in fd x clothed in glory and fd x darla anita!

annie
    the 13th should be fine if they're not here by the tenth, although i'm not in charge. just as long as you let you partner know if you're sending late.

barb
    marmaduke is super easy to grow from leafe cuttings, in fact i have 10 leaves propogating right now!! marm seems to be one of the few begonias that i can acutally grow!

cody

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Beautiful babies, my children say they are done, so no more sweet baby smell for me. Jr graduates this year, so does Clarissa. I for one love you Marea, don't go. I didn't have an addy list so couldn't help. loved your crosses tho.
    hugs carol
    p.s. gloria did you get the asprin I gave you?

• mareas
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Public apology here - I'm sincerely sorry about my tantrum.
    (I'd been emailing people for 2 days trying to get help & no responses, and then was ignored here too so I got all hurt - should have shut off the puter and took a walk, huh?)

Cindy & Sharon - beautiful babies indeed!

Cody, you ARE the answer man! That flower (Eva Lynn Cupchik) is out of Forbidden Desires by Clothed in Glory and I hope to have hundreds like it in a few years...
    marea

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

yes i got the asprin you gave me but i kept staring at it for 15 minutes... i felt the pill was kjnocking the ice cube off the head and i was wondering why.... see, i am soooooooooooooooo deep in wisdom that even the simple things cause me to deeply ponder them....
    now as for my spelling.... you al surely know i can spell..

its the typing i have trouble with
    i look at the keys so when they dont do right i dont know,,,, and i always love to make folks snort in their coffee...

i use to do it to dirtpig alot..lol

carol, mu daughters first cookie exchange as a grown up is happening today... i am not cooking, so i cme in here and my husband is miking that recipe of yours...

we have awesome huge cookie exchanges... both my sons come, and one is single... friends ect, she is going to take it over and i am glad..... oh the work... as they all have grown up its really divide out well.... the oinly thing left thats all mine now is Christmas eve!!!! and ill fight for that one.... its so specail.. but my kids are havng a time... its so sute to see..

oh back to thebed tho i am feeling lots and lots better..

annie..
    nothing will happen to you... if you ever get sent to the corner and you will not this month... all you have to do to get out is send ME chocolate!!! lots and lots of chocolate.... but i know you and i know your an awesome tradeer,,,

I was late with jaes box as i had ordered things from ebay... i sent it way late but i knew my heart so i didnt send me to the corner.. i did go buy me chocoalte tho just in case... grin

hugs gloria
    ps my son had to rent a boom to get him tall enough to put lights on his house.... it cost him 160.oo!! hello???? grin

• barbamaman
    18 years ago

Annie -

This was my 1st ferns-from-spore adventure! I just followed directions exactly and waited patiently and there they came! The spore was from a GW trade and I've since gotten som Jap. painted fern spore which I'll get started probably the beginning of Jan. They take awhile.

If you want the directions, LMK.

I've already clogged up the page here with big grandbaby pix. :-) Babies are great!

Noah is a very beautiful baby! Just a little rosebud perfect tiny boy.

Back later --- love to read all the posts!

Barb

• raggedyann161420
    18 years ago

Gloria, I'm glad you are feeling better, thanks for the compliment, and thanks for letting me know I wouldn't get sent to the corner this month. I will have to stock up on chocolate just in case for future bribery.

Marea, Oh I'm guilty, I saw what you typed, but wasn't for sure excactly what you wanted. I would have sent you the addresses that I have, but never received an e-mail from you. Do you still need them? I would also miss all the pictures you and others have been posting. Although I don't have alot of daylilies, You sure have helped me add to my want list! HOSTA, IRIS, and DAYLILIES OH MY!

My son's favorite dessert is Cheesecake.........and yes, here is another one.

Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

This is nice rich holiday desert, but the mint flavor adds a cool refreshing contrast to the creamy chocolate-studded filling

2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 38 cookies
    ½ cup butter ( must be butter, no substitutes)
    2 - 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
    1 cup of sugar
    1/3 cup green creme de menthe liqueur
    3 eggs
    3 8-oz cartons of sour cream
    1 cup 6 oz. miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
    1 oz semisweet chocolate
    1 teaspoon shortening

COMBINE crushed wafers and butter in a medium bowl; toss gently. Press mixture on bottom and 2 inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.

FOR FILLING, beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, till combined. Beat in creme de menthe. Add eggs all at once, beating on low speed just till combined. Stir in sour cream till combined; stir in the 1 cup of minature semisweet chocolate pieces.

POUR filling into crust-lined pan. Set the pan on a shallow baking pan on the oven rack. Bake at 375 for 50-55 minutes or till the center appears nearly set when shaken.

REMOVE springform pan from baking pan. Cool cheesecake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Use a small metal spatula to loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool 1 hour; cover and chill at least 4 hours. (Cheesecake may be made ahead and frozen, tightly wrapped, for up to 1 month)

FOR TOPPING, melt the 1 oz of semisweet chocolate and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat. Drizzle chocolate atop chilled cheesecake then chill till set, slice and enjoy!

I think all the recipes have been great and have been coping and pasting them to another folder then printing them off just in case. I just love copy/past feature!

OH yes, and here is another of Shelby's favorite. Well all food is his favorite. He takes after me.....if something is edible I will like it. But have to control myself because I gain lbs.....so very easy. Doesn't take me long to put on extra pounds.

Peppermint -Mocha Coffee

6 cups of brewed coffee
    4 squares of Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
    1 1/2 cups of hot milk
    1 tsp. peppermint extract
    8 peppermint sticks

POUR coffee into a large saucepan. Add chocolate; cook on low heat for 5 minutes. or until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.

ADD milk and extract; stir until well blended. Garnish each serving with a peppermint stick.

To make a peppermint-coated rim, moisten rim with wet paper towel then dip in crushed peppermint candies on a sheet of waxed paper. Let stand inverted until ready to fill with coffee.

Life is Good,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I noticed our Marea didn't have a siggy so here is a everyday and a holliday one for you Marea

hope you like them whoops gotta make tweety smaller.
    hugs carol

• skohler
    18 years ago

Marea
    also sorry for I didn't recieve no emails from you .
    when it comes to advice about the computor :(((
    I can just barely fix mine own let alone tell someone how to do their's :((
    I trully wish I could help as for addresses I do have addresses & if I can fine your email I will try to send you what I have .
    the list is on the way to you .

well I wanted to get some baking done today but that didn't work out Had to go watch the parade in town with
    my friend Judy then we went to the new coffee pub :)))
    what a treat that was they were given samples of free coffee I think I have a coffee buzz is that possiable :))) ??? I'm sure I won't be going to bed any to early .
    anyone have msn want to chat tonight :))) ???
    well I hope everyone has a great evening time to fix supper soon .
    susie

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!!!! Been cleaning house and putting out Christmas decorations. I'm having a Christmas cookie party Tuesday night so got to get my house in order. I went to two last year and had the most fun so I'm hosting this year. You bake two dozens cookies and swap cookies with others. We also play a game exchanging pins (brooches). I love Christmas time.

Marea-Love your daylily picture. Love you and glad you found your address. You are always on the ball getting your package out early. I'm almost ready though.

Sharon-You have a beautiful daughter. I know you are proud of her. I had two nieces who played in the band. My daughter took after me and only wanted to play sports.

Cindy-Bet you can't keep your hands off of little Noah. What a little doll. Babies are definetely a gift from God.

Nancy-I have made the Italian Cream Cake and it's delicious. I definetely want to make your Mom's fruit salad. I love those salads.

Gloria-Glad you are getting better. Our weather here was so ugly today. Cold and misty rain all day.

Barb-Will probably make your recipe white trash for my party. Will have to get the ingredients. Marie is a beautiful little baby.

Annie-I love cheesecake also. I thought about starting a home based business baking cheesecakes at one time. A business acquaintance from Mississippi sends us a cheesecake each Christmas and he buys them from a lady who started the business in her home. She has around 35 to choose from and they are all delicious.

Debbie-Glad to see you posting again.

Bed time......night all

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

Marea,
    The raccoon siggy from Carol is perfect for you! Reminds me of that great pic of the little feller' down in the basement. Wasn't that in the house you were wanting to buy? Or did buy?

G, so glad you are on the mend. Just lay there and eat cookies. : )
    My pretty flowers are starting to fade a bit and i'm sooo sad. They have looked so beautiful on the table and I will be sad to see them go. I have been trying to prolong their life by keeping them cool and giving them lots of water. I printed out the picture I took of them and put it in a little frame here on my desk so I could enjoy them forever. The frame was a gift from Carol. : )

Love the babies!!!! Great pictures....thank you so much for showing us.

Sharon, your DD is so pretty and looks so nice in her band uniform. Of course, I love the feather in her hat. : )

All the recipe's are so awesome. We are going to have the best cookbook!
    Reminds me that I forgot to finish my divider page. Jo, I will get that to you soon. I need to add a few Christmas recipe's as well.

Dirtpiggie, where are you? Are you too cold to type, lol.

It is pretty cold here and will only get worse all week. Most days, the highs will be in the 20's. I bundled up yesterday and worked outside ALL day. First thing I did was round up all of my birdfeeders and gave them a good cleaning. Then I got them all filled up and put back. I went through so many pounds of seed yesterday. I asked Santa this morning if he would bring me lots of different kinds of birdseed for Christmas. I even told him where to go to get a good deal on the best kinds of seed, lol.

Then I fiddled around with more Christmas lights. I've been putting them up for weeks now. I'm just about finished........only 2 more windows to do. I will try to remember to take a picture tonight.

Yes, everyone please share your decorating photo's. I haven't even started my inside yet, and will hopefully get at least one tree up today.

I remember Jeans pic last year.......her place looked gorgeous. Loved that new, red paint!

Well, I better get moving. The game is on at 1 o'clock and i've got alot to do between now and then. This game is pretty important.....GO STEELERS!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• ellenh
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!

I've been going nuts getting ready for the holidays - not decorating, shopping, etc - I sell toys & such and haven't had time to breath!

Anita - I'm sorry that you didn't get to see Baby David for Thanksgiving - can she "owe" you extra time for Xmas????? Like the whole xmas holiday? I have to apologize for not posting my picture yet about your wonderful Thanksgiving gift. I really loved it!...

For everyone here's a pic of what Anita sent me:

{{gwi:1311999}}

I loved it - especially the something special: the froggy bird feeder (sorry Gloria). I know it's not a very good pic take my word for it that it's really cute. What's missing from the pic is the chocolate mints - gone by the time the picture was taken one day later.

For those who I owe brugs to - the weather has changed from mild to snowy. Do you still want me to ship them out or root them & send them in the spring? Sorry I've delayed. How did the weather change so fast. I've already go the brugs in water that I'm changing every day and some are developing roots already.

Dawn, when you're finished - can you put up my lights? I haven't had time to even start.

Gloria - hope you're feeling better :(

Cindy - Aaaaaaawwww how CUTE!

Marea - glad to see you're not leaving us. If I had seen your plea for help, I would have sent you the address. I keep all of them.

Last night we stayed up real late getting stuff ready to sell, DH opened up our barn door and I saw snow - a solid inch or two of snow. Doesn't start to feel like Christmas is coming till we have snow. Considering we don't get a huge amount of snow here, sometimes Christmas just doesn't feel like it's time for Christmas yet.

Gotta go - NNEEEEEDDDDD coffee - and who was asking? - yes you can get a coffee buzzzzzzzzz.

Ellen no time to make a siggy :(

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

ellen
    can you keep the ones for me till spring? i had to throw the ones from paul away, they must have froze. even with changing the water twice a day they rotted fast!!
    cody

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

That's too bad, Cody. I have some rooted, so I'll get you replacements in the Spring.
    Ellen, please keep mine till Spring also, if you don't mind. It's fine for me to receive plants here, but who knows where they go in between here and there.

Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Paul

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

good morning everyone.

i know i haven't been around much since joining, but in spirit i am with you all.

just wanted to say that i received my december secret santa package. should i be posting about it here, or will there be a special thread for it? it seems everyone is still talking about their november package. i'll come back later to hear a response and then i will post my very special thank you to a very special person :)

regards,
    earthly/maryanne

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Ok marea here they are smaller and susie you need a xmas one

anyone else need one plmk thankyou carol