SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

UPDATE: 9000 Traveling Daylily Posts!! Wow!

mamabirrd
17 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one of more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Yay! We finally made it to 9000 posts!

Sorry for the long delay.....mamabirrd was very green last night and went to bed early.

Okay, next person to post gets something special in honor of our 9000th post. Good luck!

HUGS,

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Comments (101)

• juspeachy
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Morning everyone,

Paul,
    I heard back from Deni.
    here is the e-mail she sent...

Hey Jo,
    Thanks so much for sending the posts...The last few days have almost seemed like old times.
    As for Paul's suggestion, I have it in there and still nothing. Oh how it sux to be me. :(
    Hugs
    Deni

Any other ideas? I sure don't. =(

Shirley, and Gloria,
    that kitty litter cake is a hoot. it really does look real.

thanks for all the nice comments on my little darlins =)

Canna,
    too true on the # of syllables, and don't forget the name should end in a vowel, not a consonant. if it ends with a vowel, then you can stretch the name out, and build in intensity if neccessary. like Mahleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    grins

Bambi,
    nice box of goodies. enjoy

Debbie,
    big hugs

Cindy,
    Beautiful pic, (as usual,smiles)
    Good to see you. Your pics always make me feel better, so pretty.

Well, have to run,
    big hugs to aall,
    Jo

and Paul,
    your boys are very handsome lads. Gonna be heartbreakers. =)

• pchanggeo
    17 years ago

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for all your comments about my boys. They are great... but growing up too fast :-).

Oh Debbie...perfect man... if you talk to my DW, she would tell you I'm lazy and inconsiderate like all the husbands in the world... LOL.

Jo, can you ask Deni if she's receiving my emails? I'll send her one right now as a test. Also, if she can email me the exact error message (copy and paste) she gets when she tries to get to GW, that will help.

Bambi, great box.

Laura, please let me know if you received info about the Secret Santa Swap.

Thanks,
    Paul

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 11,600 Traveling Daylily Post

Q

Comments (36)
    Hi gang - thank you all again SO MUCH for your support!! Herb is walking again & gaining some strength, has nerve damage in his back so my giant of a man is puny right now, but walking!! I got a weekend job taking care of cats at a big boarding kennel nearby & actually get paid to pet cats. Healing. God is good. Paul, I truly loved seeing your photos - awesome, incredible & majestic Colorado tour you gave your boys AND us. I got to drive through CO once, all I saw was the admittedly fantastic & spiritual views from the interstate & a wonderful diner in Denver where I had the best Denver omelet of my life. Carol, I know you Washington people are used to cool & wet, but it was 110 degrees here the other day, and it hasn't rained here since the beginning of June, so you are actually lucky... I've been feeling very lucky with the daylilies this Summer - the heat has given me oodles of rebloom scapes so I'm going to get to enjoy flowers all this month, too, meaning I'm enjoying daylily blooms for 5 full months this year! AND I got several very promising seedlings, some gorgeous faces that appear to have good branching & bud counts. My favorite has to be an Awesome Blossom x Create Your Dream kid: lavender with purple flames & knobby purple edge. And my 2008 Linda Beck x Bobby Martin seedlings ALL bloomed, just 6 buds each, but they ALL looked like both parents - have high hopes for them. Melinda, our Sunkissed Temptation's registration is now pending & it is going to be introduced at the 2012 National Convention in Ohio. The fan I kept has increased to 5 fans since I mailed yours, sent up a rebloom scape AND has 3 proliferations growing on the first scape! Hope yours is doing as well. Hope all of you are well, cool & happy, Love Marea
    ...See More

Travelling Daylilies 5400 posts!! Send a daylily...

Q

Comments (100)
    Shirley, I'm a Medical Technologist. Since most people have no idea of what that is, here is a short explaination. 4 years college, 1 year intership. I work in a hospital laboratory. We are the people who set up the blood for transfusions, microbiology (find out what bacteria you have), all the blood tests when you have your blood taken (hemoglobin, Blood sugars), urine tests, stool tests, sperm counts, Cerebral Spinal Fluid, any fluids from your body get tested by us. We also help draw blood, but please don't get us confused with the Phlebotomy team, they only draw blood for a living. I enjoy my job and the people probably because I work part-time. When the kids are done with school, then I will be full-time. Dawn, I grew Kong Mosiac Coleus from seed this year. It didn't do so well for me, probably since I had it in partial sun. Can't wait to hear more about the Lu'au. Well, today is our 22 wedding aniversary and hubby will be working very late. But we will celebrate this weekend. Also, I'm covered with poison Ivy. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how I got it. But then I put 2 and 2 together. Hubby and son were at the cottage for several days, so I let Ahi the cat sleep with me. HE is an outdoor/indoor cat. I bet he had it on his fur and the rest is history, or the rest is on me. The worst patch is on my neck where he loves to rub. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to Poison Ivy. I scratch and scratch. I'm trying really hard not to scratch my neck and face. (silent scream) Dawn, since you are into coleus, I thought you might get a kick out of a no-name coleus that did great for me. Pic is on the front porch. Grew this one from seed also. (Grow all of mine from seed). And since we need a Daylily picture, here is Knights in White Satin with tall red salvia and Rudbeckia gloriosa. This is KIWS last bloom. :o( And since I just have to post a picture of this Rudbeckia, I'm not sure what it is called. Took me all summer to fall in love with it. Now I will be sad to see it go. Now I need to go back to SCRATCHING! Sharon
    ...See More

Travelling Daylilies 5300 posts!! Send a daylily...

Q

Comments (100)
    gloria an outside garden wedding is just so perfect. what a great way to honor your daughter in all your hard work, and show it off at the same time!!!! to start with - either a local church, the firehouse hall or a local funeral home will rent (the church if you are active should just allow) for a nominal fee, the chairs and tables. they don't deliver, but a friend with a truck or a van comes in real handy. as for table covers, if the tables are the long ones, i would make my way to a linen warehouse and buy flat sheets in (assorted) colors or patterns. they can be used later on for the same purpose or for bed linens after being laundered. some of these you can get (especially the irregular ones) for just a few bucks each. or in the alternative, a bolt of fabric for a great price. as for centerpieces, we are working on my nephew's, which is outside. we are using ball jars, ribbon and/or wire and hanging beads around the throat, filling with wildflowers, grasses, greens, hosta -- whatever is growing. the ribbon will hang down and curl, as will the beads. real easy to do, and you cut the flowers that morning. i suggest if you use this method, experiment with it just to see how full, or not you want it. if you had more time, i would tell you another method of thse ball jars (or even coffee or smaller cans) that's one of my favorites. a turkey breast and a ham sliced down, can be served at room temp. hot roast beef or meat balls in a crock pot. a tray of ziti. or maybe some friend/baked chicken and then veggies and of course salads - i'm sure a friend or relative will offer to help ya or bring a dish. the wedding cake should be quite simple. it doesn't have to be that $700 cake from the bakery (and i am a baker that gets $700 for cakes!!! LOL) a sweet, simple large one or a two-tiered cake that gives the bride and groom something to cut for the purpose of picture (and it also should serve as dessert) and decorated with fresh flowers, and then some side cakes and cookies or pies or whatever. or in the alternative, you know those round pans that have the large circle in them - not bundt ones, but ring pans? two of them, side by side offset of each other, like a lopsided figure eight, representing their union, and in the middle fresh flowers. you can just google for edible flower information if you don't already know this. simple tea sandwiches are nice addition too. use cookie cutters in the shape of hearts or something else appealing. fresh veggies that you cut yourself -- not those overprices ones from the market because they did it and marked it up by 200%, cut them the night before, rinse real well and put in ziplocks...don't dry them so they stay fresh and perky. just shake them dry the next day before you plate them. prepare what you can ahead of time, you would be surprised there's no time that morning for anything. pitchers of iced tea and lemonade, coffee and hot tea. i'm not much on alcohol, but that's where the money comes in and to me, are you coming to put a load on, or are you here to share in our special day? just have plenty of ice. and also pitchers of ice water. slice lemons or limes or even cucumbers iand put in pitchers of water with lots of ice. very refreshing especially when you are outside. everything you use should be disposable, unless you have enough plates and glasses to go around and want to be be doing dishes for the next couple of days. chinet is a good one, it's sturdy. have smaller cocktail napkins or smaller plates for desserts. let the bride's table be a smaller one, for just the two of them to set it apart from everything else. ideas will flow as you start. if there are a bunch of kids, i'ld make a tray of PB&J sandwiches, with the crusts cut off. they can eat and run and play. also, when it came to desserts, i'd make sure there were cup cakes for them. heck for that matter, if you have stacking cake plates, cupcakes can be the bride and groom cakes as well. that's a big thing anymore. also, depending on the kids, if they are there, fill a llaundry basket with cards, some games or bubbles or sidewalk chalk so they are occupied. place a few "picnic" blankets around. i don't know your property situation, as to where you can keep the food, maybe there's a deck or an outbuilding or something with electricity. you will have to figure on that. if your reception is going to run into the night, be prepared. get out those twinkle christmas lights and string them around before hand. add candles in ball jars (with sand in the bottom). based on the number of people, the one thing i might consider is renting a port-a-john. the ones you rent for outside functions are nice. you can even hook up your outside hose to a make shift sink inside so there is running water. just make sure you remember a healthy dose of TP. keep a basket full of some essentials in there too so people don't have to bother you for bandaids, feminine products, hand cream .... you'll know. also, if this is what you are doing, a basket of popourri or scented candles burning in there - up high remember if there are kids. someone invited has to have a digital or otherwise camera and takes nice pictures, all the daughter should be obliged to do is pay for the development or that digital card or maybe that person wants it to be their gift. i'm sure there are other things that others could chime in about, but this is off the top of my head. me personally, i would never waste all that money for a wedding. i'm not cheap, but i would rather get a new appliance or a repair to the house or buy a zillion dollars worth of flowers before i would spent that money just for one day. with all the gorgeous staionary out there and do it yourself invites and no need for that RSVP by return mail - what a waste of postage and paper! Call me, or my designated person, talk to me, tell me you can't wait to share in my day. there's so many beautiful creative things one can do for simplicity yet beauty and wonderful memories. as for paying for a wedding planner...that shouldn't even come into play. that's a waste of money IMO. i would just make sure you have one person aside from yourself that is responsible and designated as your right hand man to keep a watchful eye and be an extra set of hands. if she's a gardener, as a thanks at the end, or the next day, dig something up she's been eyeing for quite some time as your thanks for all her help. come on ladies and gent(s) chime in with your thoughts. my 14 cents on a hot, humid sunday morning. looks like i'll be doing housework today! (does sorting seeds count as housework???) have a great sunday everyone.
    ...See More

UPDATE: 8900 Traveling Daylilies! Happy Fall!

Q

Comments (111)
    Hi! Windy raw weather here, taking down leaves and nearly whole trees! Our weatherman says we get 2 Novembers here this year. Ah, but it is a VERY satisfying year to be following the OSU Buckeyes season! They did it again today - looks very like a championship year. Annie, so good to hear from you again. You always write such interesting posts. Susan - thank you so for the brugs and daylilies - they all look good. We'll have a brug forest if all my cuttings grow this year. I lost many last year - chose a poor medium and let some dry out - so I kept extras this year, and of course, they're all growing! 3 new varieties, tho, and that's always fun. Cindy - I love your seedlings! That little one is going to be awfully cute! Shirley - thanks for the photos! What a cute bunch you all are! Dawson is adorable. Don't you wish we could get these kids all together for a playtime? They'd have a blast! No great news here. Anybody wants some of my state quarters, besides Debbie, speak up or they'll end up in parking meters! Barb
    ...See More
  • juspeachy
    17 years ago

Paul,
    (just got home from work)
    I sent your message on to Deni.

Jo

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Oh how wonderful it feels to have you all back:) DENI!!!!!!WE NEED YOU BACK TOO!!!!!

Just stopped by to read what's new for today.

Jo,
    How, Please tell me how you get Avy Ann?? CONGRATULATION'S.

G,
    What can I say, of all things it could be, it was YOU keeping yourself out, silly, But I still love ya..

Paul,
    Great job on getting G back in, Wonderful looking lad's, I sure have missed seeing them, I could go for an Orchid fix too!!

Cindy,
    I LOVE that TL DL, beautiful pink, needs to be on my NEEEED it list.

Bambi,
    What a wonderful welcome box, Wish I was new:) I am one of the originals.

Debbie,
    Good to be back, I have missed you guys so much.

Shirley,
    Did you get my E-mail about the Spacecoast? If you look at my list don't go by the top one, I don't have that updated yet, I hope to sun, Really neither is correct, but the bottom one has the SC on it. I need to add a ton of other new ones I have gotten.

Dawn & anyone else involved with TNN #! have any of you heard anything?

DH is on his way home with pizza, I just don't feel like cooking, so gotta go get comfy, Have a great night everyone:)Anita

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Good morning everyone.

I am playing catch up again, so please excuse me if I do not address you at this moment.

** The reason for this post is to let you all know that I have the list of the questionnaires. So if anyone needs it, or someone else used to do this job and wants it back, please let me know. Also, the list is not complete. There are several that I have nothing for. If I understood correctly, even if you are not in the Secret Santa Swap, would you please fill one out? That will help in future swaps to get you something you would like or perhaps have been wanting. The following are people I have nothing for. I will be sending the questionnaire to you today. Please put your full name and GW name at the top, because I am not the best at organization, so any help you can give me will be GREATLY appreciated!
    MaryB
    Angie
    Anita
    CathyC
    MaryAnne
    JanetLee
    Karen
    Annie
    Jaye
    CindyO
    MaryEllen
    Sherri
    Cody
    Tana
    Laura
    I think that is complete but will double check to make sure. Thanks, Susan/Axelsrose

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Congratulations to Sharon & Jo. They are the winners of the Name That Baby contest!!

Great job everyone. That was fun. : )

I have been feeling great for 2 whole days!! Trying not to get too excited yet, but i'm hoping the morning sickness is gone. That would be so wonderful.

Paul, DH may have a little sympathy m/s. As my belly grows he keeps getting more nervous and is looking greener every day, LOL. Poor guy. He also asked me to only buy salad stuff when shopping today. He's been eating for all three of us. ; )
    Your boys are just so handsome. Great costumes! Your younger boy looks like he's been pumping alot of iron, LOL.

Anita, nothing on the TNN front. I'm still waiting patiently. tap, tap, tap, tap, tap............

We had pizza too (taco w/ salsa & sour cream), and when I opened the fridge this morning at 4 am to get some yogurt the styrofoam container of salsa came flying out and spilled all over my good rug with crows on it. It is not machine washable, so I was outside, in the 25 degree weather, hosing chunks of tomatoes & onions off of it. I think it all came out.

Susan, emails on the way to you....

Bambi & MamaG, i've had 2 emails to you bounce back. ??????

Deni & Meghan, glad you are still with us. Paul is doing a great job trying to help you find a way to get back.

Cindy, great guesses....I like Drake too. Thanks for our DL fix. : )

Dianne, still waiting for those pics of your yard and your neighbors new landscaping. : )

Last night was our fist night in the 20's. Yucky kucky. I still have some things to wrap up at the pond and I hope things didn't freeze up too bad.

Here's a few pics from over at the new house.....

This was on brick delivery day a few weeks ago:

{{gwi:173591}}

There's my darling hard at work in the doorway to my office. You can see all the windows and how much light I will have in there. Finally, I will be able to grow houseplants!

This is the front of the house showing the almost complete blockwork. It will be totally finished this weekend, along with drainage, waterproofing, & backfilling. We should be ready for inspection on Monday and the framing can begin! Fingers crossed!

{{gwi:173589}}

This is a BEFORE pic. It may look like a mass of weeds & weed trees to you, but really it is a nice pile of topsoil that was excavated early in the year when we were putting in the driveway......

And then AFTER mamabirrd took her backhoe to it:

That is a "roughed-in" garden. I cleaned all the weeds away and sorta' shaped it a bit so I could at least get the rest of my potted perennials in the ground before winter. Not bad for my first time operating that machine. ; )
    The edges need cleaned up and I plan to place very large rocks around the border. Hopefully it will look nice by next Fall.

Well, the sun is shining so I better get moving. Lot's to do today after I get back from shopping.

Happy Friday!!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Cindy, Treasure of Love is great. You know I'm in love with the pinks! Good choice for a girl.

My choice for a daylily for a boy is

Knights in White Satin

Are you sick of seeing pics of my Big Kids yet? Just had to post this last minute 'going out trick or treating' for my kids.

Rob said all his friends were saying they were not going out Trick or treating. Then he and one friend decided on 10/31 to go ... a few friends overheard. So when Rob met his friend, there were 2 boys there too. LOL They are 15 yrs. Rob is 6'2" now, I kind of think he may be finished growing. He is a caveman.

Meg was going to a last minute 'party', and decided to hit a few houses on the way with a friend. She was still 17 on 10/31, but I told her no more next year. LOL

Notice the crow in front of my daughter. Got that at Micheals a couple years ago. Finally I put it in a place where the little kids could see and touch it, they loved it. Of course he is missing an eye now, but, hey, thats what kids do, right? Next year I'm sure he will be missing the other one if I let those little hands near him. :o)

click on pic to see bigger version.
    {{gwi:1302845}}
    I can't belive I have a child who is 18 years old! Meg wanted money for her BD, so at first we gave her a card with 18 one dollar bills in it (Joke, $18 dollars for 18 wonderful years) ... she is so great, she said how cool and thanked us. Then we handed her another card with $32 in it. Her smile was a little bigger. LOL

sharon

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Good day All:)

Congratulations Sharon, way to go!!!

Dawn,
    I sure can relate to a move like that, I got a brand new rug for in front of the kitchen sick a few years back, the next night my Brother flipped his plate of spaghetti on it!!!!

Canna,
    Not sure how I missed your post on Doug, glad to see he was OK, Hopefully the 18yo will be much more careful driving.

Susan,
    I will get that back to you the first of the week, I'm getting Baby D today so I'm sure I wont have time to concentrate on it, Yes when you have them all together I would love to have a copy,

Sharon,
    I love your Idea, wonder how Joey would fell to get a card with $24.00 for his B-Day, I'm sure he would be happy on the outside:)

Paul,
    Not sure if you can help me or not, I changed from AOL Dial up to AOL Broadband, now I keep getting NOT RESPONDING Errors, do you think it is the AOL or my old computer?

Off to get busy!!Have a great day all, :)Anita

• dirtpig
    17 years ago

Brought this in the house for the winter.Its was in bub,but never firgured that it would bloom.Thinking it would drop all the bubs being inside.But to my suprize it bloomed beautifully.This was for Susan and bloomed three different this summer.

Welcome Laura...hugs

Congratulation Mary B on your win..smiles

Welcome Back Mamabear and Anita...BIG HUGS

Now where is your beloved Deni?

Dawn house is looking great..love seeing all the pictures of it..and I so want a backhoe....hehehe

LOL...love seeing all the halloween pictures of the kids.
    So much fun.

Daylilys are gorgeous too...makes me want spring already and its not even Dec yet...Oh its going to be a long winter.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello so you all know I'm still with you...Smiles

Jean/Dirtpig

• pchanggeo
    17 years ago

TGIF!

Everyone, I've communicated with Deni about her problem. It's nothing we can fix... it IS a problem with her ISP (internet service provider). I've never heard of an ISP limiting what site you can and cannot go to, but apprently that's the case. Seems ridiculous to me. Deni is writing emails and making call to have her ISP fix the problem so all we can do is hope that they get some common sense quickly.

Anita, I don't know about AOL, but that sounds like your connection is not all that good.

Well... I figured out my emails to Shirley (verizon) and Laura (comcast) are not going through from my hotmail. I hope no one else. If you have not received your Secret Santa information, please let me know and I'll send the info from a different account.

Susan, are you compiling the questionnaire? I started working on something that I'd be happy to send to you for review if you'd like. It's a webpage with clickable links to everyone's info.

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend. I think I'll set up my greenhouse this weekend.
    Paul

• namso
    17 years ago

Evening all,

Dawn, what a great boys name too!

Susan, i filled one out awhile ago. im boring and dont change much :). can someone send to me if i need to update? i did not retain a copy of me.

Sharon - love that Knights in White Satin....oh boy, that looks like a huge flower. love the big ones. thats hitting my want list for sure. heres my boy daylily pick:

Big Ross, blooming on a single scape on a sf.

Marea/Sharon....oh that Bridley Greeson looks lovely. ive been hot to get some Bass Gibson seed but the price is just too high......:(:(

Marea, oh i wish i could do the cards/calenders. someone from my club already does though. and theirs are very nice.

Dang, was catching up but dinner is on. must go. try again tommarrow.

Cindy

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

AHHHHH!!! Nothing like seeing men at work... I just have a thing for construction men! Where are the tool belts? They need tool belts! Dawn could you get one of them to pose for you in a tool belt for me? *big grin*

Canna

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

*giggle*

• llbean
    17 years ago

Well Hello everyone. Ahh finally Halloween is over.. I made our costumes and so I a, glad the rushing is all done.
    Thanks al for the welcome. I have loved reading all the baby name post. Cool names. here is a picture of Max and I for Halloween.

a href="http://photobucket.com/"; target="_blank">{{gwi:1302849}}

and this one is for his third birthday pictures..

{{gwi:1302850}}
    He's really into trains right now so I took him to this place here in Michigan and had his pictures taken. Not sure how I will decide.
    Paul~
    Beautiful boys... Well, handsome.. Also, I got the secret santa info, and now I am just waiting to get everyones list..
    So have a great weekend.
    Laura

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Morning All,
    Laura, awesome pictures. I don't know how I would decide between the 2 pictures either so I guess I would have to pick BOTH! Your Max is a handsome guy also. Why is it that all the Traveling Daylilies have beautiful children???
    I've started forwarding all the completed TD questionnaires to you. Sent 12 this morning. Let me know if you didn't get them.

Cindy, LOVE 'Big Ross'. Another one for the wants list. Ahhh.... it just never ends with you and you making me want.....

Dawn, so glad you are feeling better! Thank you for the new house construction pics. I am loving following the progress. Oh, and I'm with Canna - I could go for a "men in toolbelts" picture right about now!

AND DAWN - Thank you so much for my 9000 post prize that I received yesterday. I LOVE IT. I'm not sure if this may also be what you are sending out for the baby name guess prizes so I will wait on telling everyone about it until I hear from you, but just know it's a GREAT prize!

And Paul, talk about handsome, I think your boys get cuter everytime you post a new picture. Yep, definite up and coming heartbreakers just like Jo said. You know, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a picture of your daughter. Is she at the age now where she won't let you get one of her? Please post one soon. Thanks for moving things around to allow Laura to also do the secret santa swap.

Hi Jean, always nice to see you post. I had one of my brugs bloom after bringing it indoors too. But, the leaves and buds are now dropping fast, and I'm fearing the return of the spider mites.

Jo, can you post your home remedy again for the spider mites?

Susan, will try to get the questionnaire done tonight. Sorry!

Better get a move on. I'm working towards being really late for work!
    MaryB

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Hi everyone, long time no see.:) I have been buried in Grammar and hating every minute of it. But fortunately, I only have two more tests and I can get back to a normal life.

Cindy, you just need to switch your winter vacation to a mid-summer vacation so I can come visit with a shovel while you are gone.:):):) Love that Big Ross.

Sharon, you're the lucky one, you live too far away.:) But I love that knights in white satin and who is that hiding in the back???

Mary, did you ever get your ankle mended?

Love the kitty litter cake. I think it is by far the best halloween prank food out there.:)

Canna, glad that your hubby is ok. and I have often wondered if they would write tickets for that.
    I am also with you on that tool belt pic. Now we know why Dawn got pregnant when she did.:)

Dawn, I love the baby names and the stories behind them.:) It is amazing to watch the progress of your house.

Dirtpig, I love that flower. What is it?

Anita and Gloria........WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Laura, welcome aboard.:) You two look adorable in your costumes, and I love that side shot of the two of you. It would be perfect printed in black and white for the wall.
    Not sure what it is about the trains these days, but it seems all of our kids are into the trains in this group.

Susan, I need that questionare again, please. With all the e-mails coming in here, lately, I don't know where it might be. I thought it was just for the santa swap.

Well, hopefully, I didn't miss anyone or anything.:) Sherri

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Morning all,

Susan,
    thank you for reminding everyone of the questionaire.Not sure if everyone got it when i sent it out a couple weeks ago. I double checked the list, and I didn't have any bounce back, but that means nothing when you are dealing with cyberspace.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND ME A COPY SO I CAN PUT IT ON OUR TD. DISC.

Canna,
    How did I miss that your DH was hurt in an accident? I read all the posts. Glad he is ok. big hugs

Laura,
    The pics are so cute. You both look so happy in the halloween pic.. Love 'em.

Hi Sherri,
    How ya doin' girl?

Gloria,
    where are you? Hope you aren't sick? Did Anita give you her nasty tummy bug? (grins)

Hey Anita,
    SO VERY GLAD YOU ARE BACK WITH US.
    Big, big hugs

MaryB,
    I use my large hand spray bottle(the kind you mist plants with indoors) fill it 7/8 full of lukewarm water, 3-4 drops joy dish soap, and fill the rest of the way up with hydrogen peroxide. Shake gently to mix, and it's ready. It works great for me. Hope it works as well for you.

Cindy,
    OMG that Big Ross is FANTASTIC. Love it, gotta have it. Going on my want list for sure.

Canna,
    Love the pic of the military guys with their sign. Too cool!!!

Paul,
    thank you so much for trying to help Deni. But, even though we didn't get her on, you at least have pinpointed the problem, so maybe she can get them to do something.

Well, time to get ready for work,
    hope I didn't miss anyone,
    big hugs to all,
    Jo

• mamabeargloria2007
    17 years ago

is it me... or does anyone else think that laura looks like a movie star?
    has anyone told you that??? i cant pull up the name but man she looks so familuar.....

we are getting our fmaily photo taken today.... so i has my hair done.... were all wearing blue jeans and white shirts... it will be fun.. outdoors by the colorfull trees... so pretty this year.

thanks for the book info. i had to force myself not to go there before i posted.... am on my way now.... i NEED A GOOD BOOK.... off i go, better than going to russia.

does nayone have a recipe for sugarfree bannanna bread, tried and true.... am in such a cooking mood.... let me know... hugs gloria

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

I got off my long stretch of working yesterday morning but went to the doctor with my sister. They have found some swollen lymph glands in her chest area, but said her blood work looks good, and will get back to her when the last test comes back. Now Im off till Monday night, I will work 10 hrs, and off till Friday night. I picked the shift I have because I love the long stretch off. You would think I would get more done than I do, and I might now that the yard work has about ended. I cant wait till spring.

Sherri, buried in Grammar, hehe, been there did that, hope you do well.

Dirtpig, yes, what is that flower?

Paul thanks for all your help and your boys are handsome I know when they get older the telephone is going to be ringing off the hook with all the girls calling.

Cindy I love the Big Ross, OMG will have to put that on my list of wants. This reminds me to update my page. Dang, there are no pictures of Raggedyann and Andy left on it.

Laura,your little guy is so cute! I love clematis; I have no luck with them. I know they like their feet cool, but love the sun, so all the information and suggestions you can give me would be much appreciated.

Canna, like nice picture of the military guys Could you tell me how do my raggedyann signature you did for me?

Im glad to see everyone again, and wish Deni was.

Anita, I love your Pooh.

Dawn, I hope your morning sickness is letting up some and your new house looks huge, Im so happy for you.

I better get off here to do some house cleaning.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

P.S. I will work on the questionaire today.

• namso
    17 years ago

Good afternoon all, more catchup...

Wow, Big Ross is very popular. im glad many of you liked the pic. it was one of those in the garden that just made you melt on sight. i hope he is a very fast increaser.

another new one i liked, cool eye
    Witch Stichery
    {{gwi:1302851}}

Barb - go BUCKEYES!

MaryB! how could you keep us in suspense on your prize??!
    do let her tell Dawn.

MaryS/Mary Ellen....i think you guys are having the same on/off weather we are. right now its just bbbrrr cold. and our leaves just fell off, not a color year at all. the burning bush color has been just awesome though. anyone else notice?

Jean, wow. no idea what that flower is but its lovely.

Anita, so glad your back :). most of my daylily wants start with the word NNEEEDDD lol. should be a line. hoping you got a barrelfull of pics to share too.
    no TNN news :(.

Jo, you as well. Hugs.

Laura, aw those pics are great.! Happy belated 3 to Max.

G, wish i could help.

Susan, i finally got a chance to check out your dogs and cat pics. wow. you are a pet lover!. just beautiful. thanks for sharing. heres one of mine...someone dumped her, can you believe it? she even likes daylilies. she bats them, she eats them, and just after this pic, she was in the water with them. i dont care though. i like her.

i wish their was a Ceasar Milon (sp?) (LOVE that show) for cats too. ive never had a cat before, and well the older she gets, the more she is not a dog :)

Marea, forgot to mention i loved you Crystal Blue Persuasion ..and still blooming...im So jealous.

Dawn, Glad you are feeling better. wow..great construction pics. looks like you are moving along very quickly. and love the new bed....looks just right for daylilies to me :):):). had to laugh, my first daylily bed (it was not at the time), started with the driveway topsoil. and its lined with rocks. for no other reason than we kept finding the rocks digging and needed to put them somewhere.

Shirley, did you get a pic of that cat litter cake? id sure like to see. sounds cool. and those new lap/la iris are looking good. thanks! keeping my fingers crossed. your pics are so beautiful i think i may have found a new addiction if i can learn to grow them. Sherri told me where i should plant them when she was here, so hopefully i got it right this time.

Bambi , you have good daylily taste :). tried to find another pic with as nice of form and edge as EMM and darn it...dont think it exists here lol. love that one.

Sharon, love the big kid pics too:). you have such a nice family. i say let them trick or treat as long as they want.

Annie, hope you get the pics back. loved your page.

Sherri, can you are out of the grammer book for a sec! heres one for you
    Spiny Sea Urchin
    {{gwi:1302853}}
    Hope i didnt miss anyone...not intentional if i did. at least things are slowing down now.

Gossard fans, the 07 intros are online.

Cindy

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I GOT MOVIES!!!I have Marea's Paul's and mine. do I send mareas and pauls to marea or mareas to her and pauls to him? gotta take a little time to watch them, a couple of pauls got 100 on rotten tomatoes. An angel included bulbs in my box, lilies, tulips crocus plus more. thankyou pokey. can't wait to see them in the spring. dh is off today and tomorrow we are eating popcorn and watching movies, Laura you and son are beautiful. hugs carol

• blacktulip_wi
    17 years ago

Evening everyone,

I just received Gloria's beautiful box - tons of great stuff!

In the box was an absolutely gorgeous 10" x 13" stained glass picture of irises and foliage...it's done in shades of pink, mauve, peach, blue, lavender and various shades of green...just the kind of thing I love. I'm hanging this beauty in my living room window. THANK YOU GLORIA! JUST PERFECT!

A copy of Fine Gardening magazine that has an excellent article on orienpets

box of Russel Stover chocolates - my favorites chocolates!

cute lil' pair of Mama & Papa Pilgrim bears for Thanksgiving

super cool BRIGHT, BRIGHT GREEN garden gloves - I always lose my gloves out in the garden and waste more time trying to find them...I won't be losing this pair!

Dutch irises in purple & gold - I'm going to force them this winter along with some hyacinths

Stargazer lilies - never had them before but have always wanted some!

Mojave lilies - very pretty pink & yellow Orientals

Scilla bulbs - love this little guys - rabbits hate them!

Chionodoxa bulbs - never had these before but they look really pretty

Callas Lily bulbs - Regal, Flame, lavender & white - I'll store the bulbs in a cool dark place for the winter & plant outside in the spring...I've got a place picked out for them already

Again, thank you Gloria for a wonderful box! I'm so glad you're back!

Dawn - I don't know why any of your emails to me bounced back...the ISP I have is local & pretty rinky-dink...I do know that I often don't receive the Group emails.

Canna - The military pic was just great...those army guys are pretty clever after all...lol!

Cindy - Keep posting those fabulous daylily pics; Treasure of Love, Knights in White Satin, Big Ross (this one was posted on the Spiderdaylily Group a year ago), Witch Stichery & Spiny Sea Urchin are stunning. Once the prices fall on these babies (and I know it won't be soon) I'd like to grow them all.

Everyone have a good night,
    Bambi

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Morning all,

Since I work nights I have a hard time sleeping. I must have woke up 10 times before 4a.m. so I said to heck with it and stayed up.

Cindy, love your new kitty! I'm a keeper of twelve and love them all. I lost all the pictures of them when the computer went down, so I'll have to take new. I'm asking Santa for a new digital. I've got one that a friend gave me, and don't get me wrong I love it. It just takes me a while to figure it out. Oh yes, do keep the pictures coming I really enjoy looking at them.

That goes for each and everyone of you Please keep those pictures coming. It will give me some color to look at till spring arrives again.

I can hear DH walking around, maybe he smelled the coffee....lol.

It sounds like everyone is getting great boxes!

Hope everyone has a great day,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Morning everyone,

Cccccchhhhhhillllllyyyyyy out this morning. Brrrrrrrrrr

CANNA,ANGIE,ELLEN,
    Sent you an e-mail yesterday, did you get it? It didn't bounce back, but i got no reply.

Dawn,
    Your house is coming along fantastic. All I can say is WOW. It will be so beautiful. So glad you are feeling better(whispering here)

Gloria,
    I think she looks a little like Sandra Bullock(Speed. practical magic, miss congeniality)
    What kind of books do you like? I usually read books that make me laugh. Author Pat McManus is hysterical. Even the titles of his books are funny, "Never sniff a gift fish",
    "They shoot canoes don't they?", "Rubber legs, and white tail hairs", just to name a few. I have several of his books. I still have to get the one titled, "Real ponies don't go oink" If you like to laugh, try one of his books.
    Can't remember which one it is in, but he has one, that has a chapter entitled, "The skunk ladder". I laughed so hard, I cried.

Bambi,
    NICE box of goodies. You will love the chionodoxa, they are just beautiful. They will go dormant, like daffs, so plant other things around them.

Carol,
    Now that you have the movies,I guess we won't hear from you for a while huh? (grins)

Cindy,
    Spiny Sea urchin is fantabulous. And your little helper is adorable.So cute.

Sherri,
    So glad you were able to unbury yourself long enough to stop by and say hi. Good to see you posting. hugs

Has anyone heard from Cody lately?
    Been a while since he posted, and I haven't gotten an updated questionnaire from him.

Well, I am off to clean the house. We have "baby stuff" EVERYWHERE. I need to corral it. I think it is multiplying after the lights go out. Blankets, diapers, diaper bag, clothes, stroller, bassinett, bouncer, changing pad, and on and on. (big grins) Just need to get DD a bit more organized, and it will be fine.
    Have a great day everyone,
    big hugs to all,
    Jo

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Well good morning everyone,
    I think I have finally caught up. Good Grief!

Ok first order of business,
    Anyone needing questionnaire, please email me or post here. I will resend them to you. So far I have Sharron and Jo that need it. They will go out today.

Paul, Yes, I have the questionnaires. I am not very computer smart, I can function enought to do emails, ebay and GW, but that is about it. I still have not completely figured out how to post pictures here, so the point is, that if you would like to take them over, please do. Or if that was a job that belonged to someone else, please please feel free to take the job back. I just did not want them to get lost.

Jo, Let me know what you need for the cookbook. I remember that we were sending recipes, but that was a long time ago. I never knew what happened with it. Would love to help any way I can.
    Also, the author you were talking about sounds great, I will have to check it out.

Welcome Laura

Welcome home Gloria and Anita!

Congrats to Sharron and Jo for the fantastic baby name guesses!

Gloria, when did you send the box? It is not here yet.

Shirley, with as many cats as I have, I have to ask, may I please get the recipe for the Cat Litter Cake???

Canna, Glad DH is ok. Sorry about the truck. I know that is maddening at best. I talked to Dan, he said that the ticket should be dropped as soon as you can prove you have insurance, or atleast in Indiana it is that way.

Debbie, I have a back up members list but it does not have Laura's info., if you need it. Have a good time, and thank you!

Dawn, I have been having some bounce back emails too. Also, I am glad you are feeling better. Hope the worst is behind you! I am glad to see the house is coming along so well. Backhoe :( I want a backhoe! And the yard to use it in!!!

Jean, All is good, glad to see you peeking your head out again! I remember sending you some Brugs, but do not remember what. What is that one? I glad it did well for you!

Cindy, are you having kitty troubles? LMK, I have ALOT of experience with kitties, I would be happy to help. You are right, they are totally different creatures than dogs, but equally as fun, in their own way. They act different, think different and respond different.

The picutures are fantastic. I love seeing the people here and what their part of the world looks like. I have not traveled much and I very much enjoy seeing everyones pictures. Thank you! And.... Please send more!!!!!!

Dan and the dogs are doing the feed me dance, so I gotta go. Have a great day all and please be safe!

Susan/Axelsrose

• mareas
    17 years ago

...the feed me dance... !!!

Annie - SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU POSTING again! I think of you often with a smile because of all the beautiful items in my home that you've sent me!

Clematis: I have 2 now - both from dormant bulbs this Spring & both @18" single vines. 'Fireworks' & [forgot]. So far so good. I am waiting with baited breath for more clematis talk. I should find time to go to all those different GW forums...

Paul, i have been wanting to load your inbox with photos of all the dear little succulents you sent me, but have refrained. Every little snipet you sent has become a growing happy thing in my windowsill - so jazzed! My plumeria is being a parlor plant in warm dim light - couldn't think of what else to do w/o a basement or greenhouse. Am i gonna kill it this way?

Jean/dirtpig! awesome photo! wish i could come take your green thumb course. I still haven't figured out Brug culture yet, please keep showing showing me those incentives!

CindyO - as always, your artful daylily photos have driven my appreciation to new dimensions. Did i talk to you about auditing Petit's Garden Judge class in July? What i realized immediately is that he gives courses in his flower descriptions. What i heard first & foremost from his class was what he said in his talk & slide show w/Peat for the Region 8 meeting later: join us in creating better daylilies! So then, i got some 'Bridey Greeson' x Petit's 'Regal Procession' seeds to see if i can...
    *grin* ~m'

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

* note on cats
    Cats are almost obcessive groomers. When a cat, especially one that you do not know well, asks to be petted, consider it a complement. Your hands are full of sweat glands, to animals they are scent glands, spreading your scent. A lot of feral cats, when you can get close to them, will smell of your hands and then back off. That is because of the intense scent on your hands. Anyway, when a cat asks to be petted it has accepted you and accepted your scent. As you are petting them you are spreading your scent all over them. It is a complement.
    Just as when they are rubbing against your leg, they are actually marking you. They have scent gland on their faces. Again, it is a complement.
    On biting. Young cats often will bit when petted, especially when petted and scratched around the back and tail. This is not aggression, even if they are switching their tails and smack at you. It is am immature sexual response. If you have ever seen cats breeding, it is quite violent. Much squawling, biting and what looks to be fighting. When old enough, spay/neuter the cat. It will take about a month or so for the hormones to leave the cats body. The petting on the back and tail can be misunderstood as a sexual advance by you, how forward! In time that should pass. If it continues, confront the cat. Do not back off, say NO in a stern tone and keep eye contact. If this is a really young cat, you can even us a tap on the nose. When I say tap, that is exactly what I mean. Simply take the pad of your index finger and touch the tip of the nose, quickly, as though taping your finger on the conter. Cat noses are very sensitive. No harsh hits here, you can cause damage.
    When a cat has chosen you to be their person, and that is how it happens. Cats are quite able to live on their own with out human help. You will never own a cat. But when they have chosen you and there are problems, such as aggression, there has probably been a communication problem between you and the cat. Find the miscomunication and you can solve the problem.
    Not using the box. First have the cat checked by the Vet for urinary problems. Male cats are very prone to problems as they have a tiny uretha. As cats are not developed to eat dry food, cats are hunter. Stones and crystals are not uncommon. Even crystals can be a big problem especially in males, as the crystals and mucus from inflamation can cause a blockage. Look for infections and blood, straining to urinate, frequent trips to the box, wetting outside the box, licking themselves too often. Try the conventional routes, the meds prescribed by the Vets may just do the job. If not, them have the cat rechecked. If the cat is not getting relief from cysitis, not a blockage, that is another matter, then there are holistic medicines available. I have recently had a cat with this problem, Ezra aka the Moose. Went to the Vet I used to work for, did two rounds or meds, no real help. I then went to my Dr. Pitcairn's book and found Mercurius vivus, follow the directions of 1 pill every 4 hours for 4 doses. This gave him relief. No other doses have been needed, so far.
    If the Vet says there are no medical problems, they will probably go over possible problems like unclean litter box( I have two large boxes, rabbit cage bottoms) that I clean twice a day. All 17 of my cats are spayed/neutered so there is no marking. Dislike of the litter, some to not like scented litters. Things like that. Punishing a cat for these behaviors will probably not help, only hurt your cause. Kicking the cat out, well is really not fair to the cat. In all the cats I have known, well over a hundred ( before I was out of high school, my mother had placed 90 some strays, then I started), I have only met a small handful that did not want or could not be house cats. While cats can manage on their own, their life is difficult and cut very short, besides the obvious dangers there is Feline Leukemia that is highly contageous and fatal. So finding the problem so it can be addressed, is the best answer for all. There are also feline behaviorlists who possible can help, if needed.
    On the note of feline diseases. Depending on the Vet you will here differing opinions on FIV, feline aids. It is not contageous to humans and I have living proof that cats with FIV can live with other cats without infecting them. I have two FIV cats that live, eat, and drink with all the other cats. One, Rastus, has been with me for about 7 yrs. He was involved in the raising of Knight and Eva. He has had free run of the house his whole life, and intereacts with all the others. The others test negative, I have tested them. So if you are considering putting a cat down based on the diagnosis of FIV alone, don't. It is not a death sentence. Yes, his immune system has been compromised. Yes, his lifespan will probably be shorter than normal, but as of yet, he shows no sign of the disease. Caleb is the other. He is fat and sassy. Very healthy. Don't give up on them. Trust your gut and trust your cat, they will tell you what to do.
    Also, on a last note. Do note rule out holistic medicines. They can be a valuable tool. I pulled a pound puppy out of distemper on the holistic approach alone. I used it along with modern meds on a pound Collie who was in full blown distemper, hard pad and all. It took three months, but Shaina did recover. So, if you are not getting the results with modern medicine, do not rule out other forms. I have also use chiropractics and acupuncture on my animals. I have found them to be very effective.
    OK, enough of my animal lecture, I am going to bed. Looking around the livingroom, Cole and I are the only ones who are still up anyway and he is trying to break into the pizza box! Gotta go! Goodnight.
    Susan/Axelsrose

• User
    17 years ago

I've made a decision. My living room HAS to be done once and for all. Walt's agreed to help paint after the holidays.

Anyone good with furniture arrangements and color coordination? Please check out my living room and offer brutally honest opinions:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg1109310310563.html?12

Dianne

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Gloria, when I saw Laura's picture I thought of Debra Winger, but now that Jo has brought up Sandra Bullock, I think she is a cross between the two. (smile)

Sherri, the name of the daylily behind Knight in White Satin is 'Little Red Dragon' (Dan Trimmer, 1999). She is a beauty and my first red eye/edge daylily, looks great next to Knights in White Satin I think.

Dawn, as usual, thanks for posting the pics. Your office is going to be SUNNNYYYYY! Lots of room for plants, but they will have to be non-poisonous with that little one running around.
    Starting today, hubby and I are going to redo the master bath. I cried and begged to hire someone for the job, but no, we get to do it ourselves. Maybe I will take a before and after pic. :o) A friend told me I need to be a 'yes man' while we are doing it to keep the peace. LOL

Cindy, how well does Spiney Sea Urchin get its spines for you? Beautiful picture by the way.
    Oh, and your new kitten is just cute as can be. She was in the water .... chuckle! Cats are different things to you at different times in their lives, just like children. You learn to love each stage.
    Susan gave us some great information on cats, thanks Susan.

Marea, you are most definitly going to be creating better and beautiful daylilies with those Bridey Greeson seeds. :o) In a couple years we should compare flowers (I think yours will bloom b/f mine though. :o( )

Annie, good to see your posting.
    Sharon

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Morning all!

I don't think I have showed you my newest furbaby. This is Ziggy. He popped out of the bushes in our yard one day in June and decided to adopt us. He was soooo tiny when he showed up. He is an absolutely gorgeous kitty! He is super soft and we have determined that his daddy had to be a raccoon with that tail he has! Also, he doesn't shed! Someone asked me if he was a Ragdoll, and he sure does have the characteristics of one. He does have one weird quirk about him...he likes to suckle on a certain frog fleece blanket like a baby.

This is one of his favorite sleeping positions.

Laura, your Max is a handsome little guy! And, I love your pictures! I like the second one the best. Thank you for sharing your pics with us. I wish SOME of us would show their faces, GLORIA and SUSAN. After 2 years, you would think we would all know what each other looks like!

It got down in the 20's a few nights last week and finally toasted the gardens. Now the fun part of cleaning it all out. We had three DL's with scapes when they got zapped by the freeze! This was a great year for rebloom. I contribute it to the fertilizing we did this year.

Bought a new washer on Saturday. Better go break it in!

Canna

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi,

Dianne,
    I had just stopped by to read, but saw your post. I LOVE doing this kind of thing. Have been helping my friend Terri with this exact thing.

Have you considered a "chair rail". If light is needed, you could do the top of the wall in a light gold, or cream, or you could do a faux finish (sponge or rag 2 or more colors) then you could do a border, using some of the colors in your furniture (you can paint your furniture lighter colors to compliment, they are very dark, and if your aim is to lighten, you really need to redo them) again, you can use faux finishes. There are some really good websites that tell you how to do these, if you can't find one, LMK and I can send you a link. They are very easy to do. Back to the border, you can do a very simple border of just a stripe of several colors, using maybe a darker gold as the background, and adding stripes in several widths. Or, you can choose a "theme" for the room, and then incorporate it into your border. You could also do a smaller version up at the top in place of moulding. But, whatever you choose, use your colors in it to "pull your room together" If you think the room needs to look larger, get a large mirror on the wall, paint the frame to match or compliment your chosen decor. When you paint the furniture, make sure you do all or most of it the same. It would be ok to do one piece a bit different, but not a lot different.If you have just 2 large pieces, make sure they are the same, and then do the smaller ones the same as well, just to keep continuity. Choose your window treatments to pick up several of your colors, again, to "pull the room together" Make a few throw pillows out of the same fabrics to match window treatments.
    Since you are waiting till after the holidays, you have lots of time to play with color schemes,so, "Think outside the box". You love bright colors, go with that, don't think conservatively. Put what you like in there. Make it yours.You can always do cream walls for light, then do a border with color. Make a slipcover for your couch and loveseat if neccessary. JoAnn's has patterns for them that are easy. Paint your furnitue in bright happy colors. Throw pillows and window treatments too.
    Get lots of fabric swatches and paint chips, mix and match, and go with what you love.

E-mail me, I have lots more ideas, or call me, we can chat, I am home by 4;30 most nights,will be home this weekend.

gotta run, time for work,
    hugs to all,
    Jo

• mamabeargloria2007
    17 years ago

well.... I have know for awhile that this group can change a persons life... thats why i love us so much.... so i took sharons suggestion and went on ebay and bought the books cannas suggested.... i now own.... rocky road to roamnce..
    smitten
    seven up
    to the nines
    ten big ones
    hard eithgt
    man hunt
    love overrbaord
    back to the bedroom
    one two and three... and so ask me if i am jazzed...... i got one that is a first addition....I also found three differtn ones , not th same author.... im feeeling fullfilled now... grin!!!! what fun to find them all.... and bid and win!!!!! yahooooooooooo
    i eneded up at barnes and noble last night and saw some of the books i paid a buck for for over 20.00 each...... tooo fun!

susan, great info on cats..... i really enjoyed reading that.... all my animals always pick me... my lastest kitty picked me and adores me and waont leave alone if im sitting down..... she hits my hand to pet her.... hits me i tell you... its so cute!!!!!
    She is black and white and about 6 months old... the vet said she was very sweet!!! but ofcourse.....
    shes good and listens to the word no very well, dont let her on my counters.... other than that she can have free rein....
    arm and hamer cat littler is the best stuff.... now its not a cake... but its good! grin
    id like two cats as i love to watch them play.. but before the wedding i did get wood floors, and her and amber are stratching them up playing... help!!!! any advise...
    off to read.... the lady at the book store told me she had 80 books waiting for her to read... good grief!!!!

hugs to all....

• llbean
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments.. Twice I have been asked if I was reated to Sandra B.. Before my hair got chopped and donated it was Shania Twain and now.. Well Jennifer Love Hewitt, soooo. If you have any dead people that you need to talk to DON"T CALL ME...
    Paul~
    I just want to make sure that you got my information?
    If not email me and I will send it out.
    I love all the pictures that everyone is sending.. Cats.. Cute but I am a dog person. I know...
    My dog is only as big as a cat.
    Well off for now..
    Beans

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Canna,

Do you know how long it took me to figure out how to post my signature picture you made for me. LOL

Thanks so much again,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Oh Duh Annie, I am sorry! I read that you needed help then forgot to help you! Glad you were able to figure it out.

Canna

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Canna,

I forgot to tell you nice kitty you have there. Gotta love those furbabies.

Going to take a short nap before going into work tonight, then I'm off again till Friday night.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon,
    Maybe next year the kid's can have a Halloween party, now you have lots of great ideas for it.
    I live so far out I don't get any trick or treaters, used to have lots of friends bring kids, but they have all grown up now:( Missed you too:)

Debbie,
    E-mail that says membership list: do not copy this one, what is missing on it?

Dawn,
    WOW, Your house is moving right along, DH asked if you had the foundation done yet, as that's what he does, only they are pre made walls, with a 30 year no leak guarantee, had you gone that rout he probably would have been the one coming to your land to set them, cant remember the PA location but the company he works for is out of PA, it's called Supperior Wall's.

Jean,
    B-E-A-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!!, How do you get your Brug's to bloom 3 times in your zone? I'm lucky to get a second flush on mine, Susan sent that one to me too, It is now over my head.

Paul,
    Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking, I need to get them back up here & fix it, it's driving me nut's!!! Your idea of doing everyone's questioners on a web page is absolutely wonderful, cant wait to see it done:) Trying to keep things straight, Our Secret Santa Swap, when do we send? Sorry I'm a bit confused

Susan,
    It's good to be home:0), Oh the Brug you sent me a few years ago was just breathtaking this year, I still can't remember the right name for it, but I know it came from you:0 It is over my head, DH tried to tell me I needed to cut some of them back this year before taking them to the basement, I declined his offer:) Maybe in the spring I will take some cuttings of some, but I'm not whacking them all back cuz he thinks they are to big! Thanks for the cat lecture, Great info, You have confirmed my cats own me:)

Canna,
    Ziggy is so sweet looming:0) Love how they just pop out, seems they never pop back though:)

Mama G,
    Happy reading & the best part is after your done if you don't pass them on to a reader here you can always put them back on eBay:)

Ellen,
    Did your cable company trash your morning garden shows, or is it just mine has lost their mind's, My HGTV no longer has ANY garden shows on in the morning:(

Cindy,
    WOW Big Ross, puts the meaning in BIG!!!! Love it! Think I might change that NEEED to GETTING this Daylily:) although Spiny Sea Urchin will have to remain on the need list till the price goes down a bit, Love that one too, Your Kitty is so cute, I can relate to the dumped, that how at one point I ended up with 32, YES 32 cat's, my neighbors have a barn, NO COW'S NO FARM LIFE WHAT SO EVER, but when people dump cats they dump them at my neighbors next to me & for some reason they always come to my house, I am down to 2 cats both neutered & have given away MANY homeless cats in the past 4 years after to deciding to keep the 2 I have. Have tons of Daylily pics to share when I have the time to upload them, I stopped using my one camera for baby D a long time ago, as I could not post them, so when I have time I will upload some I took this past weekend of him.

Canna,
    Put the little construction boy down & come out with your hand's up:) Many woman have that feeling, Mines not all that sexy when he comes home covered with calk everyday, & he don't wear a tool belt either, but I still love him:)

Sherri R,
    WOW, you are still with use, Great to see you:)

Annie,
    I love my Pooh's too, Dawn made them for me a long time ago, I need to hint to her about a winter Pooh:)

Sun is warming things up outside, so I think I might do some cleaning up for a bit & then come work on my questioner, Have a great day all. Hope I did not miss anyone

P.S Dawn,Hint,Hint, hint, hint heck I'm begging:) I LOVE this pooh & my Spring Pooh, when you have time PLEASEEEEE, could you do a winter Pooh for me?

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Go Vote!

I'm Canna...and I approve this message.

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ask and you shall receive. : )

I'm working on some others for you to pick from.

Today is my first day babysitting! I can only type when baby is napping. : )

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• pchanggeo
    17 years ago

Hello everyone.
    Canna, yes I voted this morning. Lots of interesting propositions on the ballot here in California. It was fun last night trying to explain to my son why you shouldn't vote based on what they tell you on TV...LOL.

Laura, I'm not sure which info you speak of, so maybe I didn't get it. I got the acknowledgement that you received my email about Secret Santa, and that's it.

Carol, go ahead and watch the movies, then send both mine and Marea's to her. She can watch mine if she wants and send it on to me when she's done.

Okay, here's the rest of the family at my daughter's elem school graduation:

{{gwi:1302856}}

Thanks,
    Paul

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Paul-What a beautiful family you have....Shirley is very beautiful and your daughter looks just like her. Thanks for sharing. I try to remember what everyone looks like when I see pictures posted.

Gloria-Now we know what you look like and Paul.

Carol-Could your husband make a picture of all of us if we posted a picture of us? Like the one he did with us in our hats in the Bloomin Friends group. Would love to have a copy of one.

Canna-I voted last week in our one stop voting. So glad I did it has been so ugly and rainy today.

Anita called and left me a message on my answering machine that her computer is in the shop and she can't post until she gets it back. Wish I could have talked to her. Jo can you e-mail me her telephone no.? Thanks in advance.

Cindy-Love that daylily Big Ross but of course I would it's a spider. I got spiny sea urchin this year but it doesn't look too good. It was so tinnnny when I received it, sure hope it lives.

My Dad is still in the hospital. Sure hope they find out what is breaking him out. He looks like he has the measels. He begs to come home and it just breaks your heart.

Shirley

• namso
    17 years ago

Evening all,

Well apparently my ISP has been having some problems....i havent been able to get on for days. busy signal. they are experiencing techinal problems....unknown fix date. however, when i told them im cutting service today, i can get in. who knows when next though.

Shirley, OH i will keep your Dad in prayers. i hope they find whats wrong soon try and keep his spirits up.

Susan, why do i need Ceasar Milon at all? ive got you. :) Big smiles. thankyou for all the info, esp the biting. i had assumed that was teething lol but even that hasnt been too bad. for info- she is a good kitty, has all shots, not spayed but has appt next fri. and given all your info i am really lucky actually. the biggest problem is kneading (sp?), her obsession to do so, and why oh why must this be done at 3 am??? its a ritual with her, started a few weeks ago.
    ok i could act about dog interaction too but will save.

Annie and Anita...oh my word.12...32.....and i have such troubles with one. Annie, would love pics when you get again. i got my camera as a santa gift. ask for one with not too many buttons. wish mine didn't have so many. i spent weeks figuring out closeups and now cant take any others. :). and Anita...maybe the barn is why we get so many dumps. hadnt though of that, not that i can get rid of it. they usually dont get this far alive though :(.

Canna, your Ziggy is beautiful.

OK onto daylilies.....

Marea, aw how i would have LOVED to hear petit on growing better daylilies. bet is was inspirational. :). as it is...we have an interesting speaker Nov 12th....Gil Stelter. Oddly enough, his "specialty" is crossing new hybrids with hemerocallis fulva "the ditch lilly". ive heard hes getting great things and cant wait to see for myself.

Sharon. spiny Sea Urchin here came out like the pic you see. what i didnt like was the constant color break in the sepals. that was the best pic i could take. but mort morss and a couple of other here were worse. thrips, lack of water, new here, who knows? take it for what its worth (all have not been here long), but the winner for garden beauty in this class was Spacecoast Sharptooth. spines and a beauty to knock you over. (pic prev posted)
    if you want one thats been here longer, heres a surprise...
    Crown of Creation. Registered double, it never does here (im not the only one in this area)
    {{gwi:1302857}}
    awesome every time.

Bambi, the good news is that if ive bought it, the price will plummet! mark my word:). i usually buy at least a few years out though...with a few hybridizing exceptions, expect at least 20% per year. more earlier.

Anita, getting is even better than need lol. im on a limit this year and trying to stay there though. 2o is what i can fit at leat with the current spots open.

Shirley, at least thus far, spiny su has made small fans here. it is small here too, but keep your fingers crossed.

One more pic. a couple of people asked earlier if crosses came out the same, or how different they can be. the pic is of two of the same....Bill Munson x Lace Cookies.
    {{gwi:1302858}}
    the one on the left is a huge flower (8"?) but ugly version of mommy, the one on the right i really liked, looks likes daddy quite a bit, but i thought it had some edge potential. of the 3 others, 2 non-descript yellows, and one even uglier version of Bill Munson.

This outcome is typical imho. but occasionally, you can get one that looks nothing like neither parent as well.

Cindy

Gloria & Paul, what beautiful families! G, you do not look a thing like i pictured....are you a movie star too?

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Paul, you have a beautiful Daughter and Wife! and your not too bad either, if I can say so. LOL

Cindy, thank you so much for the information on who is 'toothing' the best for you. Any other information in that area I would love to hear. Both Crown of Creation (and a Rice daylily on top of having teeth, wow!) And SC. Sharptooth are going the 'most wanted list'.
    Your picture of Crown of Creation looks a lot like Bass Gibson. :o)

Shirley, sure hope your Dad is doing better.

Super fogggy here today, kids are watching the tube to see if school is delayed.

Sharon

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Cindy-Oh that Crown of Creation is so ruffled, very pretty.
    Wish you lived close I would have you come and talk to our Garden Club about daylilies. I have really enjoyed that group even though they don't have that many plants they do alot of beautification to the town. We are going to make wreaths and hang them around town next week.

Anita called me last night again and I believe we talked over an hour. Anita when you get your computer back and read this thanks for the phone call. Enjoyed our talk.

At work so I better get busy, thanks for the concern over Dad.

Shirley

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Mornin' all!

Just come back from having some dental work done. Do you know how hard it is to drink coffee with half of your mouth numb?

Paul, thanks for showing your pic! What a good lookin' family you have! Go AH-nold!

Gloria, ABOUT TIME! You look sorta what I pictured you as, but with longer hair. I figured your beautiful daughter took after you :). But, I still can't get the image of my neighbor lady in the old neighborhood named Gloria also. She would bang on her upright piano and belt out southern gospel hyms while her whitie tighties hung on a line of her front porch to dry.

Shirley, I saw that Heath Shuler is heading to Congress from your district. He played college ball here. Back in the skinny days when I belonged to a gym, he was a member there too, so I saw him alot. Geez, he is like 7 foot tall! Or, maybe it's just that I am short.

Cindy, great comparison of the results of the same cross can be. The yellow one is nice!

I don't think I have told you guys what all Doug and I have been up to on the daylily club front. In September, we were voted in as Doug for President and I the Vice-President. I am also currently the Treasurer and Webmaster too! In June, after our Regional Summer Meeting, our Pres and Vice-Pres up and resigned, so we had to take office immediately. We had no one to run our September meeting, so I stepped up and organized it. We had a potluck dinner at my inlaws and a really good auction. We have another meeting on Saturday and hopefully will vote in a new Treasurer to take my place. As VP, my job is to create the programs for every meeting. In January, we will have Lee Pickles joining us. He is a hoot! Maybe he will tell us a few blonde jokes. I have also recently became the Region 10 (KY and TN) webmaster and revamped the whole website. I am pretty excited about that and I hope it brings me some work.

Doug and I decided not to go to the Hybridizers meeting in Myrtle Beach this Thanksgiving. So for once, we will be home. We are still going to attend the Mid-Winter Symposium in Chattanooga in February. We are not involved this year, so we will have to pay are way this time, boo hoo! BUT, we are leaving the children at home and gonna kick it up and party down! Whoo hoo!

Alrighty, I am done yackin'.

Later,
    Canna

• mamabeargloria2007
    17 years ago

hi,.. wow yall have tons going on in your lifes.... miss canna.... whew....
    Paul, your fmaily is awesome... and yes miss cindy, how could you picture me anything other than a movie star look a like..grinning big here!

ok does nayone have the cds of grays anatomy season one and two.... if not ill do the ebay thing, if so can i borrow them???? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    we have not watched one ... and i ahve a yearning to see what the big deal is.... ok? please answer! thanks

im still cathcing up wiht wedidng bills so all imput is appreciated!

heres a good question for you.... what if your very best freind anounced they were moving away....? The type of friendship that is the "glue" that holds you together??? you know that kind of friendship????
    advice needed! and be thankfull for what you had is not working..... grins...tears...grins... tears...

oh..ps... bambi
    you can plant the callas now.. they grow inside awesomely... put them in window planter, full sun..you'll be amazed.. so glad you liked your box...
    stain glass my faviort thing.... i have one di made me, a flower hangs in my window,,,,,
    so glad it arrived ok..packed in mag. and bulb bags.. grin...
    enjoy!!!!

tears, grin, tears tears tears...

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Shirley thoughts and prayers are with your daddy, give him a big hug, if everyone posts their pic my dh can put them all togeather if ya want. a group photo is fun. we are drowning here in wa state, I am not near a river so am fine. luckily my dh covered my pot ghetto with plastic so they are all fine, I plan to sell lots of them in the spring. a pot with one orange lilly in it sells for 5.00 at the grocery store so I potted up a few of my extras can put 3 in a pot for 5.00 and still make daylily money, paul your family is beautiful, you are handsome, your movies are great exotica was a bit confusing tho. hugs to all

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

WOW! Gloria and Anita are here again! Deni's problem sounds fixable - maybe just a change in ISP would be the simplest. I'll have to write here a note.

Such great pictures! I'm so far behind, I don't know where to begin.

First - WELCOME, Laura!!!!!!!!! It's so very nice to meet you! I love your Clematis project. I plan to add 1 more a year, but the deer are even more numerous and hungry this year, and lean over a picket fence to trim Clematis and roses in our walled garden. I added the atragene 'Foxy' and good old C. vitalba last year. We have lots of woods and shade.

We've been raking leaves and clearing gutters, lifting tender bulbs (by the way, doesn't "lifting" sound so much easier than it really ever is?), rooting cuttings, doing the last plant trades before we freeze up for sure, cutting wood for the stove...

Susan sent me some wonderful things! Cuttings of 3 of her Brugs, including Axelrose! gotta have that one, and a bunch of Epis, my first. Everything seems to be rooting just fine, tho the Epis seem to keep it a secret whether they are planning to live or die...

Great to see pictures of everybody - wonderful costumes! It's true, Paul, those boys are just awfully cute! Your daughter also. They do grow up fast, don't they?

I'm just going to check in today, so you know I didn't move to Vladivostok or anything. We've been driving back and forth to Mark's place trying to get everything inventoried, cleaned, sorted, repaired, etc. etc. It should be all done before too long.

Back soon, love you all. Beautiful flowers, as always!

Barb

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    Wow, did we fly through these last 100 posts or what? It is so nice to see some of these older members back again -
    Jean, Annie, Susan, Dianne, Canna, Debbie, and ofcourse getting Anita and Gloria back on was just icing on the cake!

What is this talk that there is a picture of Gloria somewhere? Was there an email that I missed? Oh please, someone forward to me!!!

Paul, thanks for posting your family pictures. Your daughter is beautiful too! You have such a nice looking family. I'm emailing you when I get off from here. I do have Laura's address info for you for your webpage, but did not get a questionnaire from her. I believe Susan may have sent her one to fill out but maybe she just sent back to Susan? Did you get the copy of your own original one that I forwarded on to you?

Susan, did you get back the completed questionnaire from Laura? If so, could you forward to Paul, Jo and myself? I believe Jo is also trying to gather them all together to put in a complete file for us. I know, I know - still need to update mine! Never enough time in my life anymore!

Jo, you should be getting mail today if you did not already get it yesterday. Are you enjoying this beautiful weather we're having? It's killing me that I've had to work every day and am getting home just as it's getting dark. Still have things to do outside ofcourse!

Barb, always nice to see you come by. I hope that things ease up soon for you in regards to clearing out Mark's place. I know that's been a long difficult process for you.

Cindy, thanks for that comparison picture. Wow, it's hard to believe that those two blooms have even one common parent, let alone both being the same. Am I correct in saying that these blooms can even be that different from the same seedpod, right? The yellow one is a keeper! I've also heard that seedling blooms can be quite different - better if you keep them around and let them bloom a second year. Is that so or do you cull your ugly ones the first bloom year?

Gloria, I am so sorry to hear you are in distress over a friend possibly moving away. That is very sad and I have no great words of wisdom for you to make it easier. But, if you are truly great friends, you both will find a way to remain that way - phone calls, emails, visits to each other.

Shirley, how is your Dad doing?

Dawn, can I tell about my 9000 post prize?

Better get some things done before work. Seems the earlier I get up, the more there is to do....
    MaryB

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone:)

Got my PC back last night, long story:( Don't have time right now, Thought I would have time to catch up some of my old E-mails this morning, NOT!!!!!!

Shirley,
    Thank you so much for posting for me:)

Someone thought 5:30am would be a good time to get up today:)
    Anyone that don't know him, this is the light of my life, My Grandson David
    11-10-06
    {{gwi:1302859}}
    Will catch up later, :)Anita