SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mareas_gw

Travelling Daylilies 5300 posts!! Send a daylily...

mareas
18 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Travelling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

To Earthly Delights - a hearty welcome to our newest family member! Please post and introduce yourself?

Gloria said she will announce our August swap partners on Monday 8/15 - this month we will send 2 daylilies to 2 assigned people in the group...

In the meantime - please post more photos and updates !

Comments (100)

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Earthly - I got it. I had them all ready to mail from work and our computers went out so I did not retrieve the e-mail until I got home. They will definetely go out tomorrow. I will put your info on our traveling daylilies sheet.

Does anyone on here live near cape cod? I am going on a Diamond Tours vacation in Sept. to Cape Cod, Marthas Vineyard and several other places. Awesome deal and could not pass it up with gas prices so high. Paid $600.00 for 8 days 7 nights with 15 meals included and tickets to all the places we will be going while in the New England States. Lots of family and friends going so should be lots of fun. I do think we are going to early for the changing of the leaves though. September 11th is awful early. Our leaf color here peaks around the middle of Oct.
    Hoping someone can let me know for sure.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

dang shirley, that's a great deal for that trip. i would have jumped on that as well.

safe travel and have the greatest time enjoying your surroundings and making new memories.

i love the changing of the leaves. i do a train excursion upstate that is really neat. also do the drive through the endless mountains/southern tier to capture the change. it's one of my favorite times of year.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 9500 Posts! Traveling Daylilies

Q

Comments (101)
    Good morning, Just wanted to stop by and update you all on the latest calamity.... Early yesterday a.m. DH & I were cleaning one of our birdies houses when I had this little suspicion of something being not quite right. I ended up calling my doctor and was told to head to the hospital. DH was already freaking out at this point and I was doing my best to keep him calm (shouldn't it be the other way around??). I was admitted to Labor & Delivery around 9:30am and got all hooked up to the monitors. My doctor was in shortly thereafter and did an exam. By about 10:30 I got the news that I was having contractions....very regular ones at that. The good news was that I wasn't dilated at all. But I was starting to thin out. They hooked me up to the IV and said they were going to keep an eye on things. Some of the contractions were pretty strong and at one point only 3 mins. apart! I was given an injection of Terbutaline along with 20mg. of Procardia. At first it seemed to be slowing things down a bit, but the contractions started intensifying again. I received another bag of IV fluid and 10 more mg. of Procardia. It was looking like I was going to have to stay the night. A few hours later my doc decided that the meds. had helped slow them down enough to allow me to go home for the night. I am due back at the office first thing this morning to see if there has been any change in my cervix. Please keep your fingers crossed that it is still closed!! I'm on Procardia every 4 hours, including at nighttime. I also got the wonderful news that I will be spending the duration of my pregnancy on bedrest. That's a tough one to swallow, but I will follow doctor's orders. DH is going to have to take over around the house. I am allowed to move from bed to chair to bathroom and back to bed again. That's about it. At least I will still be able to work at my desk a bit. Doc said no babysitting, so i'm pretty sad about that. My neice is just so precious and I hate not being able to take care of her. It's really tough because everyone works and my poor Sis Jenna is going to have to scramble to work something out by Wednesday. I'm also sad that I won't get to see a whole lot of the action over at the new house for a while. But, the baby is the most important thing right now and that is what i'm focused on. Baby Talon is doing wonderfully and was just perfect yesterday. His hearbeat and movements were monitored all day and he got an A+. : ) That made me feel much better. So anyhoo, i'll try my best to keep you updated on what's going on. Today is 32 weeks and we really need the baby to stay in there a while longer. Shirley, I LOVE that bunnies & chicks pic and really wish I could join in the Easter swap. It looks like i'll have to sit out of the swaps until probably June or so. : ( Jo, i'm so glad you are back. Take it easy and don't work too hard outside. Take lots of breaks....just sit & enjoy. Marea, still waiting for ya'! Hope you are happy in the new house. Melissa, Spring Fever has got a hold of me too. It's going to be hard to sit & watch the weeds grow for the next couple months. Annie, I did a double take when I saw the pic of your book. I have the same one! My Mom got it for me for Christmas and it's really a beautiful book and just wonderful to show off your pressed blooms. So sweet of you to give it away. I need to catch up a bit more, but I have to get ready to go. Sure hope this appointment goes well. Hugs to all, ~Dawn (mamabirrd)
    ...See More

UPDATE: Traveling daylilies 5500 send a daylily

Q

Comments (3)
    Earthly...I'm so glad you liked your box. Your thank you is so gracious, it makes me want to send you another box:~) We're down to the wire for our Sept. Swap: Here is the list: Gloria Marea JoAnn Debbie Maryanne Jean Mary S Ellen Carol Dianne Cindy O Shirley Susie Deni Jaye Carmen Dawn Sharon Sherry B Cathy Mary B. Cody Sherri R. Anita Have I forgotten anyone. If I don't hear from anyone else by tomorrow morning, this is the list I will give Gloria. This is 24 of our 34 members. I heard that Georgia has been hit by a tornado or tornados today. Say a prayer for Gloria, Jaye, and Carmen and their loved ones. They are our sisters from Georgia. I haven't heard from Deni who is our sister from Mississippi since just before Katrina hit. Does anyone know about her and her family? Keep all in your thoughts and prayers. One other thing. We used to type our names, a slash, then our GW names. Most got away from this practice, but it may help our new people put names with GW names. If you think this will help, you are encouraged to do this at least until everyone gets to know each other. Debbie/budsnblooms
    ...See More

UPDATE: traveling daylily angels 5500 send & get daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Hey ya! I hope everyone had a nice long weekend to enjoy. Beautiful weather here! Sherri, wish I could keep her this size. MaryB, a diagram for you :). Lots more stuff in there not pictured. Brugmansia 'Creamsickle' three blooms on a heat stressed plant and Coleus 'Lava Rose'- my favorite coleus this year. My business is slow as expected when starting out. I have a partial website (go figure?), my license, business cards. Made a bag with my logo on it that I carry around. I have about 6 websites going right now. Enough to pay the business bills. BTW, Gloria I have a bill for you coming your way today :). Love ya, Hottie! CindyO, you are about 350 miles for me, well duh, I guess you already know how far. I would love to come! I can drop my back seat in the Blazer and make lots of room, but I would have to leave the kids with you so I could haul the loot back home. Love that seedling of yours! I just picked the last of the seedpods yesterday. Now we have about 1000 seeds to figure out where to plant. Marea! YAY, a tropical! Diane, got your test email. Debbie, happy B-day! Miss Susan, have you and Dan gone off and got married without us? The Stapelia you sent me last year is about to bloom any day now. I may be cussing you soon :). Anita, your in my thoughts. Deni, if you can read this, you are the most thoughtful and generous soul! ~Canna
    ...See More

UPDATE: 9000 Traveling Daylily Posts!! Wow!

Q

Comments (101)
    Evening all, Well apparently my ISP has been having some problems....i havent been able to get on for days. busy signal. they are experiencing techinal problems....unknown fix date. however, when i told them im cutting service today, i can get in. who knows when next though. Shirley, OH i will keep your Dad in prayers. i hope they find whats wrong soon try and keep his spirits up. Susan, why do i need Ceasar Milon at all? ive got you. :) Big smiles. thankyou for all the info, esp the biting. i had assumed that was teething lol but even that hasnt been too bad. for info- she is a good kitty, has all shots, not spayed but has appt next fri. and given all your info i am really lucky actually. the biggest problem is kneading (sp?), her obsession to do so, and why oh why must this be done at 3 am??? its a ritual with her, started a few weeks ago. ok i could act about dog interaction too but will save. Annie and Anita...oh my word.12...32.....and i have such troubles with one. Annie, would love pics when you get again. i got my camera as a santa gift. ask for one with not too many buttons. wish mine didn't have so many. i spent weeks figuring out closeups and now cant take any others. :). and Anita...maybe the barn is why we get so many dumps. hadnt though of that, not that i can get rid of it. they usually dont get this far alive though :(. Canna, your Ziggy is beautiful. OK onto daylilies..... Marea, aw how i would have LOVED to hear petit on growing better daylilies. bet is was inspirational. :). as it is...we have an interesting speaker Nov 12th....Gil Stelter. Oddly enough, his "specialty" is crossing new hybrids with hemerocallis fulva "the ditch lilly". ive heard hes getting great things and cant wait to see for myself. Sharon. spiny Sea Urchin here came out like the pic you see. what i didnt like was the constant color break in the sepals. that was the best pic i could take. but mort morss and a couple of other here were worse. thrips, lack of water, new here, who knows? take it for what its worth (all have not been here long), but the winner for garden beauty in this class was Spacecoast Sharptooth. spines and a beauty to knock you over. (pic prev posted) if you want one thats been here longer, heres a surprise... Crown of Creation. Registered double, it never does here (im not the only one in this area) awesome every time. Bambi, the good news is that if ive bought it, the price will plummet! mark my word:). i usually buy at least a few years out though...with a few hybridizing exceptions, expect at least 20% per year. more earlier. Anita, getting is even better than need lol. im on a limit this year and trying to stay there though. 2o is what i can fit at leat with the current spots open. Shirley, at least thus far, spiny su has made small fans here. it is small here too, but keep your fingers crossed. One more pic. a couple of people asked earlier if crosses came out the same, or how different they can be. the pic is of two of the same....Bill Munson x Lace Cookies. the one on the left is a huge flower (8"?) but ugly version of mommy, the one on the right i really liked, looks likes daddy quite a bit, but i thought it had some edge potential. of the 3 others, 2 non-descript yellows, and one even uglier version of Bill Munson. This outcome is typical imho. but occasionally, you can get one that looks nothing like neither parent as well. Cindy Gloria & Paul, what beautiful families! G, you do not look a thing like i pictured....are you a movie star too?
    ...See More
  • gloriab3
    18 years ago

Dang.... I get on here and think Im gonna tell Mary B this and this one that and by the time i get here i cant remember squat... hummm

yes, sponcers are the ones that asked if you could join.... how awesome Maryann seems to have three...

Then there is the W.K.I.A.A BOARD ( women knowing information in all areas)
    these women always help me.... they are Marea, Canna, Debbie, Mary, Dianne,

Then there is one inforcer, like the fbi, or a bouncer if we need one.... her name is susan, and she bounced to the back and only shows up when a good fight needs to be fought... love you susan... and no girls i have not heard from her...

then there is Dawn and.... woops... gotta run, dogs barking, mail here... boxes of daylilies I ordered.... yeahhhhh no more time,,, hugs g

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

i THINK i BEAT MAREA..... YAHOO,,,, MARY you WON.... YAHOO...

MARYS CAME IN THE MAIL TO ME TODAY..... YAHOO

i WAS READING A EMAIL FROM MARIA AND SHE SAID SHE GOT HER BOX OF DLS.. i FREAKED AND THOUGHT OH NO........

SO I FLEW HERE... mARY i THINK YOU WON!!!!! MORE LATER GOT TO OPST!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• mareas
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I just received my 2x2 box from Dianne! Holy Kalumba!! She made me cry. I was blessed with a df of BRIAN LEE !! She also sent me MAGIC DAWN - I'm getting out my maracas - and TWO beautiful clumps of fancy Hostas (Invincable & Blue Cadet) AND my very first Clinique product - deep comfort body butter, which I needed badly after this summer of getting sunburned repeatedly watering daylilies! Dianne, you're the BEST! Eternally grateful, marea

But, wait! Look what showed up in my email inbox!! Its our beloved MISS JULIE!! (I sure hope these photos are OK for you, Deni!) and I remember that little Angel being sent to her...
    {{gwi:1298814}}

{{gwi:1298815}}

{{gwi:1298816}}

So while I was doing photos Gloria sneaked in here and posted! Well, Dianne wins my prize!!

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

I got Daylilies today from Mary B.. Yahoo :-)
    She sent daylilies
    Street Urchin
    Plum Perfect
    Siloam David Kirchoff
    and an unknown sedum..how did you know I love
    sedums..LOL
    All are new to me.Thank you so much.Big Hugs

So is it a tie ?

Happy happy..joy,joy
    Dirtpig/Jean

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

MARY YOU DID WIN..... FOR THE FIRST BOX OF DLS POSTED.... YAHOO, WAY TO GO MARY!!!

HERES A PHOTO OF WHAT YOU WON.....

GO TO EBAY...

GO TO EBAYFLOWERSFORME123

GO LOOK UP THE DAYLILY CALLED ???? wow!!!!! EMAIL ME AFTER YOU HAVE FAINTED! dONT YOU JUST LOVE SURPRISES!
    iS THAT NOT AWESOME! bIB ON WHAT EVER ONE YOU WANT.... ILL TAKE IT OFF AT THE END! gO SHOP.... i KNOW THE GIRL WHO RUNS THAT!

i GOT A AWESOME BOX TODAY FORM MARY.... AND DONT BE OFFENDED I LOVE THE DAYLILYS BUT KNOW WHAT I LOVE ALMOST MOREE IS THAT CUTE LITTLE YARD SIGN THAT READS.... PLANT YOUR DREAMS HERE...
    TOOO CUTE
    HETE IS WHAT SHE SENT ME
    CHICAGO ROYAL ROBE
    PENNYS WORTH/ASIAN ARTISTRY
    SILOAM BABY GIRL
    AND PALE YELLOW A NO NAME SO ILL NAME MISS MARY!

aND YES mARY STARSTRUCK BLOOMED AND IT WAS AWESOME!

mARY MAKES THE CUTEST CARDS.... pLEASE SELL ME YOUR RABBIT ONE MARY!!!! OR MAKE ME SOME FRONTS pleASE.............. PLEASE...
    THEY ARE SOOOOO CUTE!
    OK iM OFF HERE SO mAREA DOESNT FIND ME.... WOOOOOOOO
    SHE'LL BE HOT.....

SHE WAS PLANTING HER DLS FROM DAINE...
    i PUT MINE IN WATER AND WAS TAKING A BREAK HERE...

LOVE YAH DIANE! LOVE YAH MAREA!
    HUGS TO ALL.... XOXOXOX SNEAKY PETE.../GLORIA

• mareas
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Gloria....you nut. I'm happy for Mary!!
    Magnificent Mary who also sent ME "Starstruck" - is there a better yellow daylily? I doubt it..

• skohler
    18 years ago

Hi Ladies :)))
    I just recieved Notice from justpeachy that I have been excepted into the traveling daylily group & I'm so excited.
    you might say my addiction is as bad as the rest of you that is why I'm here :)) to try to get help :))

I have many many irise named & unnamed to trade .
    also many many many daylilies to trade for others .
    going to share a few picture of the daylilies as soon as I get my new camera. as for hostas I have one that is just huge & has the best smelling flower smells like honey suckle or gardina .

{{gwi:1298817}}

I don't have a name for it I recieved the plant as a gift from a freind about 3yrs ago or so , but every year I get over 10-15 plants from it to share.

As for myself I love the simple life of gardening.
    now that the factory has been sold I retired early & loving it.
    I take care of my 92 yr old father Along with all the yard work & being the cook, maid & bottlewasher , but I still find time for my computor friends :)))
    anyone wanting a list of my daylilies please ask .
    I must tell you that I have a few more exspencive ones . the same as many of you may have & that i will only trade them for others of equal value :))) .

well i really don't want to bore any of you all with my life , lets get on with the rest of the stores .
    thank you all for voting me in .
    sue

• ellenh
    18 years ago

Guys,

I have too much to do, I'm trying to do too many things at the same time. I got my names wrong, how could I do that??? Shame on me! No Dianne, I don't confuse you and Mary, honest! Dianne - I'm so sorry, my box came from you not Mary. How could I be so confused. Life it too full and too busy. Gloria, please note, I said it wrong! Dianne sent me a wonderful box! So fast too. Gloria, please correct!!!!

Ellen

• User
    18 years ago

I'm glad both Ellen and Marea are pleased with their boxes. When I first read Ellen's posting I went, "HUH?" and figured she did a too-much-on-the-brain typo.

Treasure Brian Lee, hope he performs to perfection in your gardens! Love you both, Dianne

• marybz5ny
    18 years ago

Hi all,
    Welcome to our newest friend, Sue. Coming to our group for help with your daylily addiction? What a laugh - we will only dig you in deeper. And speaking of digging you in deeper, did I hear you say you have only one hosta??? Well, we can help you with that too. Tell her all about how it goes CindyO.

Cathy and Marea, Thank you for sharing current pictures of our sweetie pie Miss Julie. I swear Cathy, how she seems to have grown in just a year! She is obviously thriving with you.

Jean, happy to hear that your box arrived so quickly. That sedum isn't an unknown. I found the plant marker I had made for you after I mailed it. It's 'Rosy Glow' sedum.

Earthly, where exactly do you go when you say train and driving trips for the leaves changing upstate and southern tier. I am in upstate NY and grew up in the southern tier. Are you northern PA? Could it be that we are somewhat close?
    I still makes frequent trips to see my Mom to the southern tier (only about 2 hours from me and less than 1 hour from PA border).

Ms G.,have I told you how great it is to have you back posting again. We were lacking that "whirlwind" quality while you were gone.

Better go make dinner. Can you believe family wants to eat AGAIN?
    MaryB

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

a big FAT thanks to Mary as my box arrived today.
    in it were plum perfect, siloam david kirchoff and street urchin. three i didn't have until NOW!!!!!! also included were lily of the valley, which i love. it's actually may's flower...my birth month.

thank you so very much mary, i appreciate it. looking forward to the grace these beauties will add to my gardens and their blooms for years to come.

regards,
    earthly/maryanne

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

welcome sue, nice to see ya here. hope you are well.
    (i too have swapped with sue who sends nice healthy hardy plants).

mary, i have relatives up around mansfield, pa and elmira, ny, so i travel up there with some frequency. a while back i considered moving up that way, but then plans changed. we are all going up in the next few weeks as my nephew is getting married. i'm actually right outside philadelphia, so it's a good 4 hours for me.

as for the train, that's an excursion through the jim thorpe area in pa.

one of these days i'd like to do a new england leaf tour.

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

HA HA HA....
    YOU ARE SO FUNNY!
    WHO IN THE HECK WON THIS THING? mARY OR DIANE... SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME?

PLEASE....

MAREA YOR CAMERA IS TOO DIE FOR.. LOVE THAT STARSTRUCK PHOTO! i HAVE ONE TOO FROM HER....
    mAREA CAN YOU PLEASE FLY OUT HERE AND TAKE PHOTOS NEXT YEAR! GRIN

WELCOME TO THE NEW GIRLS... WELCOME WELCOME....
    HANG ON AS WE ARE GOING TO START OUT NEXT SWAP SOON AND I KNOW YALL ARE ANXIOUS...
    GOTTA KEEP THIS GIRLS ON THIER TOES...
    i USUALLY GO TO MY SONS AND WORK FROM HIS HOME BUT TODAY i DID NOT.... LONG STORY... AND HE CALLS ME AT 7 AND SAYS i HAVE DAYLILIES THERE.... i YELL PUT THEM IN WATER.... HE YELLS TOMMORROW... oh I DONT THINK SO.... I YELL YOU PUT THEM IN NOW OR ILL COME AND SPEND THE NIGHT...
    AS WE SPEAK THEY ARE IN A FULL TUB!!!!

OH.... WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING... ITS AWEFUL
    MY DEAR DAUGHTER... IS GETTING MARRIED, SHE DOESNT KNOW YET... SHE HAS HAD A RING,,, SHE IS EXPECTING A FORMAL WILL YOU MARRY ME ON THEIR SECOND ANNIVERSARY OF WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME....( IF I KNEW NOW WHAT I KNEW THEN)
    SHE HAS A I PROMISE TO GOD ILL MARRY YOU DIAMOND... BUT NO BIG ONE... YOU KNOW LIKE ALL GIRLS WISH FOR...

HER B/F COMES OVER TODAY AND SAYS HE HAS NO MONEY FOR WHAT THEY BOTH WANT.... SO, HE IS GOING TO TAKE HER TO THE JUSTICE AND HIM AND HER( MY ONLY DAUGHTER) ARE GOING TO STAND IN A COLD ICKY ROOM AND DO IT..... THEN IN A YEAR THEY WILL HAVE THE CERAMONY.... i WANT TO THROW UP..... THROW UP THROPW UP THROW UP...

THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOO IN LOVE, YES THEY ARE ... BUT SHE HAS SCRAP BOOKS FULL OF IDEAS SINCE FOREVER ON WEDDINGS..... AND NEVER EVER ..
    WELL, I AM RAMBLING.... i AM JUSY SO DISAPPOINTED FOR HER... SO... ENOUGH i KNOW

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT jOEY? gAY? JAY? sUSAN?
    OK GOODNIGHT....

• pins2006
    18 years ago

I just wanted to send a big Thank You to the group for voting me in! Just to tell a little about myself, I am the mom of a 20 YO son who has just joined the Air Force and goes to basic on November 20. I have a 17 YO daughter who is President of her high school. We're so thrilled with her as she is LD and has a light speech problem. While she struggles with school, she is a true leader. I credit Girl Scouts with that. My dh teaches Psychology at the same school.

As for my gardening interests (passions), I love daylilies, hostas (especially the minis and ruffled edged ones), irises, hydrangeas, and I've just gotten into clematis that grow through my hydrangeas and dahlias. The pride of my garden is a Penny Mac hydrangea that was given to me from Penny McHenry herself. It's huge and just beautiful.

I can't wait to start swapping with the September swap. I know I'll learn a lot and have lots of fun here. Thanks again for letting me join.

• ellenh
    18 years ago

Good Morning everyone!

Gloria - Dianne won! sorry for the confusion

To our new friends, Hello, but I want to point out one of our old rules, which I really need - and that's that you sign your name at the end of your post. that's we can all get to know your first names. That's for us who have bad memories and need reminders a few time before we remember.

Earthlydelights - where in PA are you? I'm about 1 hour from Philly in Jersey. There's a swap on Oct 1 that I want to go to that's even closer to Philly than I am - right by the Burlington Bristol Bridge. If for nothing else, come to see the garden. I just went to go visit Steve who's hosting the swap along with his wife Melody and they are the most amazing gardens. He has a lot of rare plants and tropicals. He and his wife cultivate about 2 acres of gardens and it is obvious that they must do NOTHING else in their spare time. I didn't get to see everything in the four hours we were there and really want to go back to see the rest.

Gloria - can you talk DD's BF into waiting until they have money? Sounds like she'll reget not having a ceremony. Oh and I agree with Mary - boy we missed you!

Sue, I just smelled my first fragrant hosta at that amazing garden I mentioned and I'm on the hunt for one!

Ellen

• mary_s
    18 years ago

Hi everyone, I am back on! I have been having the same trouble that Deni described only intermittently! Sometimes I just cannot get on our traveling daylily forum. Now that is discouraging!
    I got my package from Cody! He sent a big 3 fan plant of Prairie Moonlight. He had sent me one like it last spring in a trade so I just put them together for a big clump!

Gloria LMK if I won...I never usually win anything. I am usually way too late for the DingDingDing contests!I checked your (friend's) site and am not real sure which daylily you are talking about! So glad Starstruck did bloom for you and Marea. Also, what bunny card are you so crazy about? I could be persuaded to do more!

Don't let me get started on daughters! Mine just went back to college (YEA) It was a difficult summer!

Again, Welcome to the new members!

Mary_s

• pins2006
    18 years ago

Sorry, folks, for not signing my name. Are there written rules that I can look at so I'll won't stray again? lol

Carmen

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

i got my box from marea yesterday. she sent aztec priestess and beloved deciever! thanks doll!
    cody

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I received my 2x2 box from mary s yesterday, red magic, bonanza, artic snow, pennysworth, an unnamed yellow and orange, I am hoping to get my boxes out by monday, pups are draining me, even at every 6 hrs feedings, better than three but still have a runt that has to have every 6 hrs. I want sleep!! here the little darlings are.Welcome Sue and pins

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Welcome to the newbies.

Carmen - Where do you live in Ga? I used to live in Atlanta and now live in N.C. Go back to Atlanta quite often, love the shopping down there.

Carol - Love the puppies if I lived close I would adopt one, I like the one with the black on his face.

Shirley

• skohler
    18 years ago

Thank you all for the big welcome & my addiction is getting worse I have just ordered 26 more plants 2-4-1
    sale so I get 4 fans of each plant for the price of one :)))

anyway one of you gals wanted a clump of my hosta more than happy to share will trade for daylily ,Irises other than purple , anyone have any candy lilies ?
    dk blue or purple ??

well its time to get the grass mowed back in 6 hrs .
    susie

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

Ok I want to go to that cottage to that lake! I am ready NOW!!!!

Carol... I like the puppy showing us nothing but his back side.... I too would love one! gosh, we are saps... daughter b/f brought her to my house a puppy( she waits here for her work... so in he comes at 9 and says her baby, you have wanted a puupy and this man just walked up and said here... hes sick but you and mom ( MOM????) MOM>>>> lol... can take him to the vet..( side note.. momm paid for vet, d/d didnt have money> go figure....
    anyway... puppy either has bad flle bites or mange... now??? hes not a he, hes a she... d/d/ b/f said she was a he..( need prayer) its so funny! she comes running out of the vet mom the vet said bla la bla and its a girl mom its a girl! I said jennifer i want a girl grandbaby( have three boys) not a girl dog...

long story short... puppy is toooooo cute... really black lab ish and hasnt left me all day... so sweet and towers so i know shes been hit.... also used the bathroom real well... both outside and inside.... so well inside that I am gagging and cant clean it up.... i cant,, so i am in the back... puppy, amber( my dog) and me... and kitty.
    I am praying they, dd and bf come get their baby soon and clean up ..well you know....

Carol and shirley.... are you excited....

oh and mary and dianne both can be winners...as who can tell either one no? not me...

but here is the deal...

I can fill up boxes for you both.... but i am thinking id like you to pay for shipping is that cool.... here me ladies when i saw it will be well worth it... well.... ill send yah like 12 dls... hows that for being awesome! Im not gonna look at your lists... im just gonna send....
    i have some awesome no names if you want them... purple with orange throats, and one purple with ruffles, and lost tags galore.... remember the hurrican of last year? yep....

now miss carol and shirley you may want to tell me if there is anything special you all are looking for?????

mary,,,
    I want some of them bunny ccards bad.... bad..... bad..... they are too cute//// so you can just stamp and ill make the cards if you want.... please please...
    i swear I still have that last one( which was my first one on my desk....

diane can anyone buy brian lee????
    important that you answer that one....

diane emailed me this morning... so correct this girl, full of wisdom..... now i am glad dd and her bf are not going to want tons of money from me for a wedding.... and on the day they do this, get married at a ugly old dark jail cell of court house.... ill be at the lake in that cottage.... me and m7ms... ingore the loud noise that may be a cross between lion grawls... and elephant crys....( no jokes there ladies!)

im off .. for more lylsol spray.... where are those two???

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Ok, when is the actual deadline for mailing the 2x2 boxes?
    thankyou carol

• budsnblooms
    18 years ago

Welcome Sherry, Sue, Maryanne and Carmen. I have everyone's information for the members list, except for Carmen's. Please e-mail me your Name and Address, GW Name,
    E-mail addy, and date of birth (so members can wish you a happy birthday). I will send you a list of our members with the same info on it. If anyone else needs a copy of the list let me know. Or if you just want the addresses for our new member's, I'll send just that.

Would anyone mind if I contacted our missing members to see if they are returning to the group? I hate sending them e-mails they don't want if they can no longer participate. One of our missing member has let their e-mail box fill up so everything is bouncing back anyway. Probably has a new e-mail addy and has abandoned the old box. If anyone knows of a way to contact GayGay, please check with her to see if she plans on returning to the group.

The members who have not been in contact in weeks or month are:
    Susan/Axelsrose (I think she will be returning so I won't send her one yet)Hope we hear from her soon.
    Becky/BecDav
    Joey/Joeypack
    Gay/GayGay
    Jaye/TakingRoot
    Cindy/Cindylu
    Janet/JanetLee

What do you think? I don't want any of them to leave our group, but I don't want to keep sending e-mail to someone who doesn't want it either.

Carol...I don't think there has been an actual deadline set...but usually the box should be sent out so that the recepient can receive it by the last day of the month. I think it was the 15th when G. said 2 weeks so although 14 days would be the 29th, it is close enough to the 31st that it really doesn't matter.

Carmen...As far as official rules, I think I read earlier, that Marea had the rules saved on her computer but lost everything when her computer crashed. Did I get that right Marea, or were you talking about something else?

I hope everyone is well and that weather conditions are more favorable in everyone's region than they are in mine (severe drought).
    Debbie/budsnblooms

• marybz5ny
    18 years ago

Good Morning All,
    Welcome to our group Carmen!

I came home last night to my awesome box from Shirley. Inside were 5 new daylilies:
    Spanish Masquerade
    Frankie's Fantasy
    Pink Super Spider
    Pakistan
    Border Sentry

Thanks so much Shirley. I know this must have been hard for you since we just did that huge daylily trade. You're great!

Jean, please post a quick note and let us know you are okay. We had a storm move through our area last night and I heard the weatherman say that this same storm system was responsible for 22 tornados touching down in Wisconsin in a 24 hour period.

Carol, I just love the pups. I know you're tired but they look like they're worth losing a little sleep over. I think if we all lived close you'd have no problem finding homes for them all.

Deb, I would like a copy of the members list once it's updated with all the new names and addresses, PLEASE. I think it's a good idea to contact some of the ones we haven't heard from in a long time. Hope they're still with us. Maybe just busy in their gardens.

MaryAnne, Elmira is not *TOO* far from me - maybe a couple of hours. It's VERY CLOSE to Jo and Anita though.

Marea, forgot to say earlier thanks for the kind words. Now, you know I love you all, but I have that extra special soft spot in my heart for My Marea. I think we all agree she's one in a million.

Time to get a move on.
    MaryB

• User
    18 years ago

Gloria, no Brian Lee is not for sale. At least by me. If you want to contact John, the man who hybridized the plant, he'll give you more information. I can send you his email address. It's okay with me if he sells them, I just can't bring myself to accept money.

Let me know how much postage you want. Are you still dealing with Paypal or would a paper check in the mail be better? Or should I just send Danny and Walt to clean your carpets?

I think we should let the summer end and take a roll call for everyone who wants to continue with the group. Some people may be away and will return when the weather cools.

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Carol, Ohhh, those puppies are so cute!!!! Hubby says we can't have any more dogs. :o(

Gloria, My hubby and I got married at the courthouse. It was something that we both wanted and yes, we had No money. I borrowed the wedding dress. Yes, I wore it to the courthouse and got LOTS of looks. lol People there were so happy to have a HAPPY OCCASION happen at the court. The wedding ring was an old inexpensive one of hubbies mother. (I still wear it with pride).
    My Mom cried when I told her what we were going to do. Dad in all his wisdom said, "It's their wedding." They came to the wedding. The honeymoon was at the same cottage we just bought from my Dad.

We have had a VERY happy marriage for almost 22 years now. I have NEVER regretted the way we got married. It is the love that counts. Our marriage has ended up being more of a marriage than many that are big and expensive and in a church. If I sound a little defensive it's only because I get asked ALOT if we regret not having the traditional ceremony. We have the money to offer our children a traditional wedding, but whatever they chose, we will be happy for them. They will have found someone they love and are willing to spend the rest of their life with, that is the blessing that God has bestowed upon them, not the big fancy wedding.

Everyone would be surprised how nice the civil ceremony at a courthouse it. Very serious and meaningful.

Wish them well and give them your love.

Sharon

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Hi all,
    Just a quick check in to let you all know I am thinking of you, Nothing has changed other than more court dates for Joey & the little %%%%H wont let me see Baby David, I am calling a layer Monday.

WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS:)

Well, back to work the wedding is 8 days away. Will read post later to catch up.
    Anita

• mary_s
    18 years ago

Good Morning. A front went thru and cooled things off so it is really nice out....good gardening weather! I should be outside but just had to check in!

Cute puppies, Carol. Glad you got your package so quickly!

Gloria, I cannot believe I actually won something! Let me know what I owe for postage and I will get you the money. I am still trying to figure out which bunny you like. That could be one I borrowed from a friend and I think I remember who. Let me see if I can track that down. I do have several other bunny ones, too. Loved your dog tale...I "inherited" a Beta fish from DD and a turtle from DS! I am still caring for both because I am such a softie when it comes to animals!

Anita, I sure hope things work out so you can see baby David again. I know how much you love that little guy!

Did one of you new members mention a hosta-addiction. Now we need to do some serious talking!

TMA...Love the lakeside cabin! We are seriously thinking of getting a place at Lake Okoboji...about an hour away!

I have to get out and do some weeding! Coffee is all gone! No more excuses!
    Mary_s

• dirtpig
    18 years ago

Just checking ...alls fine here.
    All that weather and no rain,:-(The lake suck up most the
    bad weather up or pushs it out around us.
    Welcome to all the new members :-)
    Off to work..sorry boxs will go out next week.
    Jean

• skohler
    18 years ago

hi ladies :
    well trying to get a few of my daylilies named that are not named & I'm finding that very hard to do for many look identical to another with another name DUHHHH >

{{gwi:995340}}

like this one is not anywhere to be found I hope one of you can help with a name.

as for hosta I trully don't have much shade but I would love some dk green or dk blues :)))
    to put around my big tree down in front :)) they will have some morning sun .

as for the couple getting married Mom Please if your fine with the marriage maybe you can suggest to them of getting a minister to come to your home for an outdoor cerimony I catered my own wedding with my Mom :)))
    cost me less then $200. had 80 guess very simple but very pretty & everyone had a ball even down to the water fight :))) kids & old was in on it :))
    that was back in the 70's but we just did my niece's
    agin very simple but a wounderfull time. no water fight .
    if you want a copy of our wedding planner I would be happy to send it to you .
    tips of the trade:))

well it is nice to get to know a few more gardeners :))
    can hardly wait to get a fix for this adiction ,
    hope its soon :)))

susie

• budsnblooms
    18 years ago

Susie...Check out Kwanso Double and see if that is your mystery plant. Your idea about an outdoor wedding sounds great. Gloria and her family live in Georgia and what a beautiful place to have an outdoor wedding (I've seen photo's of her house, indoor's would be nice too:-))). What do you say G...are you physically up to the challenge yet? Just remember K.I.S.S.(lol)It would be great and mean so much to your beloved daughter and future SIL. Plus she can use many of the plans and ideas she has been holding on to. Really does sound like a good solution. Don't we have a member who has just finished planning a wedding??? I won't mention any names but maybe she will volunteer some ideas????

Debbie/budsnblooms

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

i received my second package today from shirley, and what a wonderful package it was. in answer to your question shirley, no, i don't have any of these -- but now i do!!!!!

shirley was kind enough to send me
    pakistan
    ruth griffin
    layers of gold and
    spanish masquerade

also included in my box was a pair of heavy duty work gloves.

shirley, thank you so much. what a wonderful assortment to add to my growing addiction, i mean collection.

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

MaryB and Earthly so glad you got your daylilies. It was so hot here today. I guess this was the hottest day of the year so far and I went to an even hotter place (Atlanta Ga). Whew I don't envy those people in Georgia, too hot down there for me. Glad to be home but the air conditioning has not cut off in hours.

Debbie - I think Susie's daylily looks like double or maybe even triple kwanso also.

Gloria - As far as daylilies I am looking for, I have some listed on my gardenweb want list.

Anita - Sorry to hear about the situation with your son and his wife. I know of a pastor who had to take his ex-daughter-in-law to court for visitation rights. He won too, has his grandson 2-3 weeks every year. I think that is sad when a mother/father won't let someone see a child they care about. Hang in there.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

it's so sad when an adult uses a child as a pawn to get back at another person without realizing that the one that suffers the most is the child.

another digustingly hot day here today and it's supposed to be worse tomorrow, but things are looking good for mid-week. i don't like being cooped up in the air co but i am thankful I have it.

in such a short period of time, i have received quite a few daylilies i did have and i'm so thrilled to be a part of this group. thanks again for the invite :) i'm doing my best to get my boxes out on monday.

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

oh my gosh..... where is my brain!!!! an outdoor wedding...

oh my gosh..... thats exactly what Jennifer wanted! exactly!!!
    I am soooooo excited! Its all i can do to breath... where is my brain..

sharon you ofcourse are correct, I hate it when i know the truth and wallow in the mom thing... you know? Im not realy a wallower.... but this last year has been a real doozie....
    thats the perfect solution.... perfect... my head is flooding with ideas.. now i just have to invite bf over for lunch to make sure he knows first that im not butting in... im not you know...( guilt guilt)
    oh soooo fun!

PLEASE SEND ME THOSE WEDDING TIPS... PLEASE
    SOOZIE!!!!!

NOW... i HAVE EXCELLENT NEWS ABOUT DAYLILIES AND GREAT PRICES... I KNOW I CANT DO THIS ON HERE SO ILL GET WITH DEBBIE, TELL HER THE SCOOP AND SEE IF SHE MASS EMAIL ALL..

i GOT ACCEPTED TO GO TO A WHOLESALERS GARDEN IN NORTH CAROLINA. mY HUSBAND IS GOING TO TAKE THE DAY OFF AND WERE DRIVNG UP THERE AS THEY USUALLY CHARGE 2.00 PER PLANT FOR SHIPPING... BUT HEAR ME WHEN I SAY THIS.. THEY ARE WHOPPER FANS.... MORE NEWS TO COME... WELL... WHAT THE HECK.... ARE YOU THIHNKING WHAT i AM THINKING??? YEPP... EMAIL TO FOLLOW.
    iLL EMAIL DEBBIE NOW..... AND A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS HELPING...

AND MISS MARY... THEY ARE THREE BUNIES. TWO FACING FRONT AND THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE HAS ITS BACK TURNED... IS THAT YOUR FRIENDS? MINE SAYS THANKS
    THE LAST ONE YOU SENT HAD A TAG.. SAID THINKING OF YOU... TOO CUTE GIRL TOO CUTE! OFF TO EMAIL,,,, HUGS TO ALL
    GLORIA

PS CATHY.... THOSE PHOTOS OF YOUR DAUGHTER ARE JUST TOOO SWEET! WHAT A DOLL SHE IS... A DOLL...

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

we're not all ladies!!

• skohler
    18 years ago

ladyies & GENT"S :)) thank you all for the info
    on my daylily sure will go chech it out :))
    gloria before I can send you the freebie tips I need to know the following please email me the info .

how many guess you would like to invite? you can proble have up to 250 cost you about or less than $500. :)))
    everyone loves a party & your kids can have a great party.
    I usually get paid for my input but I also enjoy given
    freebies :)))
    there are other info I need so please email me .
    the Wedding planner
    susie

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

gloria

an outside garden wedding is just so perfect. what a great way to honor your daughter in all your hard work, and show it off at the same time!!!!

to start with - either a local church, the firehouse hall or a local funeral home will rent (the church if you are active should just allow) for a nominal fee, the chairs and tables. they don't deliver, but a friend with a truck or a van comes in real handy. as for table covers, if the tables are the long ones, i would make my way to a linen warehouse and buy flat sheets in (assorted) colors or patterns. they can be used later on for the same purpose or for bed linens after being laundered. some of these you can get (especially the irregular ones) for just a few bucks each. or in the alternative, a bolt of fabric for a great price.

as for centerpieces, we are working on my nephew's, which is outside. we are using ball jars, ribbon and/or wire and hanging beads around the throat, filling with wildflowers, grasses, greens, hosta -- whatever is growing. the ribbon will hang down and curl, as will the beads. real easy to do, and you cut the flowers that morning. i suggest if you use this method, experiment with it just to see how full, or not you want it. if you had more time, i would tell you another method of thse ball jars (or even coffee or smaller cans) that's one of my favorites.

a turkey breast and a ham sliced down, can be served at room temp. hot roast beef or meat balls in a crock pot. a tray of ziti. or maybe some friend/baked chicken and then veggies and of course salads - i'm sure a friend or relative will offer to help ya or bring a dish. the wedding cake should be quite simple. it doesn't have to be that $700 cake from the bakery (and i am a baker that gets $700 for cakes!!! LOL) a sweet, simple large one or a two-tiered cake that gives the bride and groom something to cut for the purpose of picture (and it also should serve as dessert) and decorated with fresh flowers, and then some side cakes and cookies or pies or whatever. or in the alternative, you know those round pans that have the large circle in them - not bundt ones, but ring pans? two of them, side by side offset of each other, like a lopsided figure eight, representing their union, and in the middle fresh flowers. you can just google for edible flower information if you don't already know this.

simple tea sandwiches are nice addition too. use cookie cutters in the shape of hearts or something else appealing. fresh veggies that you cut yourself -- not those overprices ones from the market because they did it and marked it up by 200%, cut them the night before, rinse real well and put in ziplocks...don't dry them so they stay fresh and perky. just shake them dry the next day before you plate them.

prepare what you can ahead of time, you would be surprised there's no time that morning for anything.

pitchers of iced tea and lemonade, coffee and hot tea. i'm not much on alcohol, but that's where the money comes in and to me, are you coming to put a load on, or are you here to share in our special day? just have plenty of ice. and also pitchers of ice water. slice lemons or limes or even cucumbers iand put in pitchers of water with lots of ice. very refreshing especially when you are outside.

everything you use should be disposable, unless you have enough plates and glasses to go around and want to be be doing dishes for the next couple of days. chinet is a good one, it's sturdy. have smaller cocktail napkins or smaller plates for desserts.

let the bride's table be a smaller one, for just the two of them to set it apart from everything else.

ideas will flow as you start.

if there are a bunch of kids, i'ld make a tray of PB&J sandwiches, with the crusts cut off. they can eat and run and play. also, when it came to desserts, i'd make sure there were cup cakes for them. heck for that matter, if you have stacking cake plates, cupcakes can be the bride and groom cakes as well. that's a big thing anymore. also, depending on the kids, if they are there, fill a llaundry basket with cards, some games or bubbles or sidewalk chalk so they are occupied. place a few "picnic" blankets around.

i don't know your property situation, as to where you can keep the food, maybe there's a deck or an outbuilding or something with electricity. you will have to figure on that.

if your reception is going to run into the night, be prepared. get out those twinkle christmas lights and string them around before hand. add candles in ball jars (with sand in the bottom).

based on the number of people, the one thing i might consider is renting a port-a-john. the ones you rent for outside functions are nice. you can even hook up your outside hose to a make shift sink inside so there is running water. just make sure you remember a healthy dose of TP. keep a basket full of some essentials in there too so people don't have to bother you for bandaids, feminine products, hand cream .... you'll know. also, if this is what you are doing, a basket of popourri or scented candles burning in there - up high remember if there are kids.

someone invited has to have a digital or otherwise camera and takes nice pictures, all the daughter should be obliged to do is pay for the development or that digital card or maybe that person wants it to be their gift.

i'm sure there are other things that others could chime in about, but this is off the top of my head.

me personally, i would never waste all that money for a wedding. i'm not cheap, but i would rather get a new appliance or a repair to the house or buy a zillion dollars worth of flowers before i would spent that money just for one day. with all the gorgeous staionary out there and do it yourself invites and no need for that RSVP by return mail - what a waste of postage and paper! Call me, or my designated person, talk to me, tell me you can't wait to share in my day. there's so many beautiful creative things one can do for simplicity yet beauty and wonderful memories.

as for paying for a wedding planner...that shouldn't even come into play. that's a waste of money IMO. i would just make sure you have one person aside from yourself that is responsible and designated as your right hand man to keep a watchful eye and be an extra set of hands. if she's a gardener, as a thanks at the end, or the next day, dig something up she's been eyeing for quite some time as your thanks for all her help.

come on ladies and gent(s) chime in with your thoughts.

my 14 cents on a hot, humid sunday morning. looks like i'll be doing housework today! (does sorting seeds count as housework???)

have a great sunday everyone.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

gloria,

one other thing, you might want to word it to the guests that it's an outside/lawn ceremony and reception so that the ladies wear the proper shoes.

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Hi All,

Just checking in for a quick moment. I know I have been M.I.A. for quite some time but I have not forgotten about all of my favorite people and I hope you have not forgotten about me!

Life and WORK and grandchildren have kept me QUITE BUSY with very little time for gardening these days. This is actually the first day I have had to go out and pull 'weeds'....lol. (how about it just happens to be one of the HOTTEST days we've had).

A BIG WELCOME to all the newest members!!! This is a wonderful group of caring, sharing and loving people!

My daylilies have not done so well this year, anyone have any suggestions? The vegetable garden didn't do so well either. Maybe too much rain or maybe I have them all in the wrong place? The hosta's did well, though. So I plan on digging all the DL's up and relocating them whenever I can find some time.

My hours at work have gotten a little better but still working 13-15 hour days.

I hope to participate in the next swap time permitting.
    I will try to post more often....

LOVE YOU ALL and hope everyone has a Positive and Productive Day!!

Jaye

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL MISS SHIRLEY! i LOOKED AT YOUR LIST AND ALMOST FELL ASLEEP TRYING TO GET TO THE END OF IT!
    tHREE DLS THAT I HAVE YOU HAVE FOUND.... THE GOOD NEWS IS i HAVE ONE YOUR LOOKING FOR....( THANKS YOU gOD) AND ONE SOMETHING ELASE.. AND ILL FAKE THE REST.... PICTURES OF YOUR YARD ARE NOW A MUST!!!! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN COLLECTING? MERCY! i SAW ALOT YOU HAVE I WANT!!!! LIKE HALF YOUR LIST!
    IS YOUR LIST UPDATED? IF NOT DONT TELL ME... AM VRY EXCITED TO THINK I HAVE SOMETIHING YOU MAY WANT!
    NOW ON TO FIND CAROL....
    ITS ROASTING HERE.... jAYE HI GIRL.... YOR RIGHT.... OH AND I SAW SOMEONE LIVES IN nORTH cAROLINA.... HAVE YOU HEARD OR SEEN OF BLURIDGE BUTTON DAYLILY FARM? PLEASE ANSWER...
    HUGS TO ALL...

CANNA????
    dAWN??? HELLO?

jAY DID YOU FEED YOUR DLS?

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

cAROL... i HAVE YOUR LIST BUT THEN I SAW YOU SAY YOU HAVE 100 COMING IN..... SO... IS THIS LSIT CURRANT?

AND SHARE HOW YOU GOT 100 DAYLIES IN ONE WACK....? AND SHARE YOUR HOME NUMBER.. GRIN... WE ALL JUST MIGHT LIKE TO CMOE VISIT.. WITH SHOVELS...

GROUP QUESTION!!!!!

HOW MANY ACREAS DO YOU LIVE ON ( i HAVE TWO)
    BYE HUGS GLORIA

• namso
    18 years ago

Quick check in again....

Winning boxes out to Shirley, Deni and Marea in am. Hope you like :).

Had a great time Sherri (who came down again for our club meeting/sale/auction)!!!!!! I suspect I don't know who is more tired right now.

Mary B= bad influence :). One addition is enough...or so I thought. Had a daylily weekend. Next maybe hosta. Will email you this week. Do need to get that one to you anyway.

G- six acres...mostly weeds :).

Know Im missing people...hope to catch up soon.

Cindy

• budsnblooms
    18 years ago

Jaye....Welcome back. I thought you had left us and was ready to check to see if you wanted us to stop sending e-mails. I hope you get to participate in a swap next time too, but even if you can't, just drop in and say hi every once in a while/more often if you can.

Gloria...I haven't received an e-mail from you yet and now I'm chomping at the bit to know what this great thing is???? I live on a 286 acre farm.

Heads up Dianne, your box is going out tomorrow. I hope you are pleased.

For the new people...We do have 2 males, Cody and Joey, and we're very glad to have them. Joey hasn't been stopping in lately and I sure do miss reading his posts and sharing his plants.....COME BACK JOEY..

Becky...you were one of my very first partners...miss you too.

Janet's new grandbaby must be keeping her really busy. I hope all is well and we hear from her soon.

Gay and Cindylu...We miss and want to hear from you also.

Susan...PLEASE HURRY BACK...

Missing old friends,
    Debbie/budsnblooms

• skohler
    18 years ago

gloria
    you can recruit a few of your family memebers to help you
    with a luncheon by bringing a dish to pass ,as you would for a family reuion , they can recruit a friend to take pictures & one to be a disjocky for dancing on the lawn , have everyone bring there own blankets or lawn chairs .
    keep it simple but personal for them .

susie

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

vent time, again!!
    where do people on this forum get off having the attitude they do. i'm a good trader, i've had a few that i admit, i messed up. usually becuase i'm in a hurry. i approached someone with a proposal for a trade and the email i got i was told that they would need to approve the quality of my plants and that i would have to send a 'goodly amount' for plants in a four inch container. and then i was informed that if they didn't meet expectations they would be returned and i would be billed any extra postage i incurred. is it just me or is that quite out of line? i've been burned several times, i have stated that i ask for references but thats mostly to discourage bad traders. i do my best to be fair, which is one reason i prefer to recieve first. anyone else get anything like this?
    cody

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Cody, I think that so many people got burned last year that they are trying to be more cautious this year. They are trying to come up with ways to weed the bad traders out. But it doesn't sound like that person will be trading much.

Cindy, I think that I get the prize for more tired. :) That drive home about did me in but I was so excited to see what I got that I stayed up half the night looking up plants. I just have to tell you all some of what i got, won't bore you with all of them.... I brought home well over twenty new ones. :)
    Cindy was kind enough to share her Shallow waters and Darla Anita to name a few. I bought Stormy reflections, heavenly island magic and morts masterpiece. They were my auction wins that I got at awesome prices. :) She has the best inside info on great places to shop daylilies. :) I believe the rest of what I bought were spiders. Don't know what phase of my addiction I will be in next year. :)
    You know we forgot to tour those hosta beds....guess I will have to come back. LOL Sherri