SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: 9500 Posts! Traveling Daylilies

brittneysgran
17 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one or more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Shirley

Comments (101)

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I haven't had a spare second to get on the computer but wanted to let you all know i'm thinking of you....

Shirley, i'm so sorry about Jade. That is so very tragic and I feel so bad for your DH. It wasn't his fault. Hope your DD is doing okay. Hugs to all of you.

Wonderful pictures everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I plan to get my entries in before the deadline.

By the way Karen....when is the deadline?? Is it Sunday?

I have been so pressed for time and today is no different. I have so many errands to run this morning. It's also our first Spring-like day and supposed to be in the 50's and mostly sunny. I'd really like to make some time to work outside. Then I have to meet DH over at the new house later this afternoon. We are starting the roof.

I'll try to get back here tomorrow a.m. to catch up.

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    I'm sorry to hear about Jade please let your DD and Dh know I am thinking of them. It is so hard to lose a family pet.

Dawn, I bet you are busy with getting things ready.

I've got a plugged up kitchen sink, and I have to run and get something for it, but I will be back later.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 9400 posts! traveling daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Good Afternoon Everyone! I think I am beginning to feel better because I no longer need my "friend the bucket." Sounds like everyone had a great time with the game on dogs . About the only one I got right on the first try was the color of collie........hehe I had one for 17 years! Happy belated birthday to anyone I missed. I wanted to share a picture of the wonderful box Carol sent me. Sorry it is dark, but see how well the picture of the wolves turned out. The card was beautiful carol, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm glad I don't have to go to work til tomorrow night at 11 then after my shift I'm off till Friday night. Dawn, I enjoyed seeing your baby collage. Isn't it the greatest feeling when baby is moving all around, and just think, it is a feeling we can only try to describe but I don't think there is a word that can describe it. Anita, Maleah is beautiful, and I love her red hair. Boys will be knocking down your door, and the phone will be ringing off the hook before you know it. I being lazy again today. I might sit and cross stitch for a while I've been working on a project called I LOVE ANTIQUES , COLLECTIBLES & COUNTRY THINGS. Now who else is having a baby? I hope I didn't miss anyone and if I did please forgive me. LIFE IS GOOD, Annie
    ...See More

update: update traveling daylilies (pictures 9)

Q

Comments (42)
    Hi all! Thought I would come by and bombard you with a few pics. Paul, I want to go on vacation with you. B.B. COLLINS (named for a neighbor of mine hybridized by a neighbor of mine :) BORDER SENTRY CALYN AND CAITLYN CHEROKEE BEAUTY FORESTLAKE POINT LACE INQUIRE WITHIN KING OF MASKS ORGANIZED CHAOS REIGNING PINK LEMONADE ROSE PARFAIT SHRIMP AND GRITS Dakota grooming a scape for his first time entering a daylily show Dakota winning Best Youth Award with FOOLED ME. He was a half point from winning Best In Show overall. I was proud as punch! Kids at the Knoxville Zoo last month. Us at neighbor's house. Maleah in the neighbor's garden. View of the Smoky Mountains from neighbor's garden. This garden is like a half mile from my house up on a ridge. The couple who owns it are dentists. The wife is from Vietnam and is the neatest person. We first met them a few weeks ago and never knew they were up there on the ridge behind our house. She grows the yummiest veggies! Ok, I am done for today :). ~Canna
    ...See More

UPDATE: 11,600 Traveling Daylily Post

Q

Comments (36)
    Hi gang - thank you all again SO MUCH for your support!! Herb is walking again & gaining some strength, has nerve damage in his back so my giant of a man is puny right now, but walking!! I got a weekend job taking care of cats at a big boarding kennel nearby & actually get paid to pet cats. Healing. God is good. Paul, I truly loved seeing your photos - awesome, incredible & majestic Colorado tour you gave your boys AND us. I got to drive through CO once, all I saw was the admittedly fantastic & spiritual views from the interstate & a wonderful diner in Denver where I had the best Denver omelet of my life. Carol, I know you Washington people are used to cool & wet, but it was 110 degrees here the other day, and it hasn't rained here since the beginning of June, so you are actually lucky... I've been feeling very lucky with the daylilies this Summer - the heat has given me oodles of rebloom scapes so I'm going to get to enjoy flowers all this month, too, meaning I'm enjoying daylily blooms for 5 full months this year! AND I got several very promising seedlings, some gorgeous faces that appear to have good branching & bud counts. My favorite has to be an Awesome Blossom x Create Your Dream kid: lavender with purple flames & knobby purple edge. And my 2008 Linda Beck x Bobby Martin seedlings ALL bloomed, just 6 buds each, but they ALL looked like both parents - have high hopes for them. Melinda, our Sunkissed Temptation's registration is now pending & it is going to be introduced at the 2012 National Convention in Ohio. The fan I kept has increased to 5 fans since I mailed yours, sent up a rebloom scape AND has 3 proliferations growing on the first scape! Hope yours is doing as well. Hope all of you are well, cool & happy, Love Marea
    ...See More

Travelling Daylilies 5400 posts!! Send a daylily...

Q

Comments (100)
    Shirley, I'm a Medical Technologist. Since most people have no idea of what that is, here is a short explaination. 4 years college, 1 year intership. I work in a hospital laboratory. We are the people who set up the blood for transfusions, microbiology (find out what bacteria you have), all the blood tests when you have your blood taken (hemoglobin, Blood sugars), urine tests, stool tests, sperm counts, Cerebral Spinal Fluid, any fluids from your body get tested by us. We also help draw blood, but please don't get us confused with the Phlebotomy team, they only draw blood for a living. I enjoy my job and the people probably because I work part-time. When the kids are done with school, then I will be full-time. Dawn, I grew Kong Mosiac Coleus from seed this year. It didn't do so well for me, probably since I had it in partial sun. Can't wait to hear more about the Lu'au. Well, today is our 22 wedding aniversary and hubby will be working very late. But we will celebrate this weekend. Also, I'm covered with poison Ivy. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how I got it. But then I put 2 and 2 together. Hubby and son were at the cottage for several days, so I let Ahi the cat sleep with me. HE is an outdoor/indoor cat. I bet he had it on his fur and the rest is history, or the rest is on me. The worst patch is on my neck where he loves to rub. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to Poison Ivy. I scratch and scratch. I'm trying really hard not to scratch my neck and face. (silent scream) Dawn, since you are into coleus, I thought you might get a kick out of a no-name coleus that did great for me. Pic is on the front porch. Grew this one from seed also. (Grow all of mine from seed). And since we need a Daylily picture, here is Knights in White Satin with tall red salvia and Rudbeckia gloriosa. This is KIWS last bloom. :o( And since I just have to post a picture of this Rudbeckia, I'm not sure what it is called. Took me all summer to fall in love with it. Now I will be sad to see it go. Now I need to go back to SCRATCHING! Sharon
    ...See More
  • barbamaman
    17 years ago

Shirley, how sad. Poor sweet Jade. Dobes are lovely dogs! Tell your husband it's all right; these things happen. It's a risk you take if your dogs run loose.

Your deck looks great! Very inviting.

Annie, I'm glad your sisters and BIL are better. Tell them we wish them all the way well.

Beautiful cross stitch!

Canna - your B&W photo is such a hoot! I mean, not just the tossing of lethal sharp things, but the guys, the woods, the whole photo! It alone deserves to win something!

Dawn - Your house is just beautiful! You DH loves you a lot to be out in that awful cold we had making kitchen, bedroom, baby's nursery, fireplaces, views out all the windows...what a comfy place it is going to be.

Here's all I've gotten done lately. I ended up sewing the whole drape by hand because I couldn't move that lovely heavy cotton thru the sewing machine. It's lined in white, insulated linen-look lining.

New drapes

And when I have to lie down, I listen to NPR and knit.

Mohair lace glove

Size 1 needles, wispy thin mohair/silk...I thought these gloves would be fun to do, but useless in winter. They are incredibly lightweight, but extremely warm...isn't that weird? Lacy holes and all, the mohair fuzz traps air and makes it warm. Now I'll have to make a hat. The color actually is eggplant/aubergine, not the lilac my camera caught.

Sweet dreams to you all,

Barb

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

Paul, I didn't know you painted!!! Thanks for showing me that flower art!

I want to thank you guys for making this so easy for me.
    Looks like Canna is just 36 hours away from the prize. Go Canna!

It is too nice to be in here. So I will check back when the contest is over Sunday night.

I just cleaned up what I could find of the garden at our library under the snow and put down some PREEN there. I saw a few siberian iris leaves greening up.

It must be spring- walmart is puttng the greenhouse up in the parking lot!!
    lol!
    Karen

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

Thank you all for your well wishes. I'm feeling much better but still not running a race.

Karen, I'm so glad you mentioned the Preen. That is a must for me to get done by me or DH and I sure hope it keeps all the weeds at bay.

It's nice that most of the folks that were under the weather are feeling better now.

Today was so beautiful! I have different types of daffs blooming all over and other kinds just waiting to pop open very soon. A few hyacinths are blooming too and several more budded out. There are a few lilies popping their ears out and the daylilies are beginning to emerge. Of course the irises here never go completely dormant. Oh, and the forsythia is in bloom. I can't believe that spring has nearly sprung. I'm beginning to hope already and I know living in the south that we will have at least a couple more cold spells before it's really here.

Paul, your picture is very nice. I remember those pretty cards you painted before and they were great.

Barb, your curtains are gorgeous! I can't believe you did that all by hand. Whew! what a chore but I know you'll be even more proud having done that.

Karen, your painting is beautiful! Wow, we have so much talent around here.

Shirley, I love you deck. Your DH did a good job. I'm also sorry about Jade. My dad ran over my nephew's dog and it really hurt him too. I wasn't killed but limped and had a bad hip afterwards. They felt so bad they kept him in the house with them after that. A BIG dog! lol

Annie, that cross-stitch is teriffic. I've done so many and then I'll put it all away for quite awhile and get bored and drag it back out, give lots away then buy more. I'll bet you have done that too. I started in the mid-80's.

Have fun all, hugs,
    Nancy

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Good Morning to all!

Sorry, I know several have emailed me, I will get back to you soon. I have been sick. Sneezing, coughing, congestion, temp jumping all over, couldn't sleep and a very inconvenient nose bleed at the Walmart checkout! All I could do was stand there with a rag at my nose looking like a idiot. Apparently I did not look enough like Rudolph, with my red raw nose! Had to reschedule several customers and I am backed up, again. Am working my days off to catch up. I wonder if I will ever get caught up! Sorry for the delays, I'm trying.

I HAVE GREAT NEWS! FOR THOSE OF YOU NEAR ME IN INDY..... FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS I HAVE WATCHED THE SANDHILL CRANES FLYING NORTH AND TODAY, I WOKE UP TO A COUPLE HUNDERED GRACKLES IN THE TREES! HOORAY! THAT MEANS WINTER IS ALMOST GONE! WATCH THE SKIES, THERE COMING HOME! YIPPPEEE!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! We did nothing special, as I am in a complete state of denial about turning 40! So I have decided that someone make a mistake or just flat lied to me, because it is not possible for me to be 40!

Have a great day!
    Susan

• mareas
    17 years ago

Hi everybody - this is my last post from Ashland - going to finish my coffee and pack up computer to go into the uhaul ... It took two whole days but we got all 3000 plants into the truck on 6 plywood/2x4 shelves that Herb made. The cats are all in wire dog kennels and today we go.

Karen, any chance you could extend your deadline a week? I wanna play too...

Love & prayers for all - including dear departed Jade.

Marea

• dirtpig
    17 years ago

Waving hello to all...just checking so you all know I'm still alive....smiles.
    And I'm telling you all that Anita is a nut...heheh.

Hugs to all,Jean/Dirtpig

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Hi all, Annie did I miss your post telling us if our valentine friends liked their gifts, I am curious, I made a mistake and sent my pal candy with sugar am I in trouble?Canna glad you are helping to save the redheads, we thankyou. she is a doll, does she have the reedhead peronality? dawn it is getting close. hope you have a nice easy delivery hugs to all

• budsnblooms
    17 years ago

Here is my ugliest/tackiest pictures.

1. The worst/tackiest container planting ever done. I don't think any explanation is needed.
    {{gwi:1250848}}

2.The worst front door entry ever seen.

This is the door to an old chicken coop that I use to store my pots and planters in. No greenery though...do dead weeds count?

{{gwi:1250849}}

3. The tackiest/funniest gardener picture ever. I swear it isn't me or anyone I know, but I thought it was funny and it was outside, so maybe he's a gardener.
    {{gwi:1250850}}

4. The worst garden color combo. This is of my daylily holding bed. Its full of weeds and the daylilies are planted in alphabetical order so there's lots of color clashes.
    {{gwi:1250851}}

5. Open Class- Needs to be garden oriented and a hoot.
    I thought this upside down container was weird. It cost $89.95 and all I could say when I saw this picture was....
    why? Why would anyone want to stoop to pick their tomatoes, and who in the world would pay that much for this silly thing?
    {{gwi:1250852}}

Thanks Karen, this has been fun.

Debbie

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Evening/night

Shirley, DH pulled your name out, and I will get it out for you this week.

Carol, Ronnie loved the package you sent, and I don't know what he like the best the the candy or the paper. I did post that both, myself and staff were just in awe of the generosity of you guys. Those pacages were stuffed and my "kids" got more in the packages than they did at Christmas. I also posted that Thank-you notes were sent out, well they were put on the mailbox, and one of the clients that has an obsession with mail took them back off. Staff found some of them when deep cleaning for STate inspection. I'm assuming you did not get yours and , I will get another out to you tomorrow; I do apologize for this.

Nancy, I'm glad you are feeling better, and yes, like yourself I have cross-stitched forever.

I will post more tomorrow, I'm heading out the door to go to work.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• cody_mi
    17 years ago

hey boys and girls,
    just checking in. i officially moved to georgia a few weeks ago. it's really hard to adjust. i'm in sugar hill, about 25 minutes south of gloria. i left everything i knew and loved to come to a state where i know 6 people so that i could maybe make a better life for myself. so far i'm regretting it horribly, but i can't say that to anyone. people are taking bets on when i head back for michigan, waiting for me to fail. it wouldn't be so bad if i could have brought my gardens with me. i had to settle for a few houseplants and a hydrangea from my uncles funeral. i'm going to try and start over down here and i keep reminding myself that my plants aren't gone, they're just 'in storage' at my parents house. i don't believe i'll be doing any hybridizing this year at all. i hesitate to do anything where i'm staying since my roommates want to move into atlanta in august and i'd hate to have to give it up again. i'm thinking about just buying plants that i want, potting them and then shipping them to my parents place in the fall. i'm hoping that when i finally start working (tomorrow at o'charlies) that things will get better. i'm also looking into joining the daylily society and maybe a gardening club so at least i can continue to learn and maybe even go back to school. sorry for all the whining.

• marozeckinj
    17 years ago

WOW! Lots of new people. Any chance you dear old friends would have me back? I am back and it's been a LONG time. I have a lot of catching up to do. Read thru about 200 posts last nights. Dawn is having a baby?!?!?!?! See what you miss when you go away forever. Please let me know if I can get back in the group (begging on hands and knees). I owe Jean some stuff from the last actual thing I participated in.I didn't forget and I promise they will be on their way as soon as it is a little warmer!

Let me know guys I miss ya all!

Melissa

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

sniffel sniffle, crawl crawl, spit spit... hi couch cough, oh yes, i am just fine.... sniffle sniffle...

hey hey cody... hi i know right where you are at boy!!!!! dont move to atlanta... your in an awesome part of ga. atlanta wayyyyy to expensive!

YOULL love it!!!! come to dahl;onega,,, its so pretty... drive around.. always new stuff to see and do...
    love o charlies... the potato soup... o h the bread rolls.... oh yummmm youll make good tips... your in a good area..... keep in touch!!!!!!

Give it some tome... been to the mall? great gardens all around atlanta... especailly in the spring.... when its not so hot!!!

youll love us here! have fun,. enjoy!!!

melissa.... how goes it girl!!!!!!!
    have you talked to dirt pig..... if its cool with her its cool with me....

where yah been girl!!
    off for more kleenex.. and whiskey... for the throat you know??? grin!!

• TakingRoot
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Just checkin' in to let ya' know I still here....
    What GREAT pictures.....
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    Cody, WELCOME to GEORGIA!! In the 70's today....
    Will post a bit more later...
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jaye

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dawn-Wow starting the roof, it will really take shape now.
    I can't wait to see the house all finished.

Barb-Love your drapes, you are so talented.

Jean-Anita a nut...No not our Anita...

Love you Anita...I owe you a telephone call..DH told me the night I got home from volleyball that you had called
    but it was so late I was afraid to call. I have been spending every afternoon cleaning up flowerbeds and hauling mulch.

Melissa-Glad you have returned to the group...Welcome again

Susan-40!!!!! You are still young...Sorry to hear you have been sick. Winter is almost over so maybe all this sickness can be put behind us.

Marea-Whew 3,000 plants to re-plant. Looking on the bright side you can really design and re-arrange all the plants this time. Some of my beds need that done to them.

Annie-Yeah I won, can't wait to get that beauty. Kiss your sweet DH for me. He did good picking my name.

Cody-You did it....A life changing experience..I did not like Georgia when I first moved there but I grew to love it. The last place I lived before we moved back to NC was in Duluth, exactly where the Gwinett Mall is. They had everyone move and built the Mall.

Jaye-I might just run into you some time. I still yard sale alot in Atlanta. If you have a yard sale sign up and I pick that week-end to be down there you just never know.
    I have so many people to take this year. They see and hear about all my good deals and they beg me to take them. It is fun though.

DH is getting over the death of Jade as we are. It really hurts him when Dawson (almost 3 now) asks where Jade is. We told him but he doesn't understand about death.

Off to work out at Curves.

Shirley

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Just checking in so you know I'm still alive:)

Welcome home to the lost angels:)

Annie,
    Thank you for the thank you card, I hope we can do it again..

Jo,
    Sorry about Sat, we did not get home till around 4pm, I knew it would be to late by then. weather is warming up, but it looks like we are going back to the cold soon, but not for long, hope to see you soon.

Jean,
    Nut Me?? No way:)

will play more catch up later, need to get things done around here.
    Have great day all.
    {{gwi:24643}}

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Just checking in so you know I'm still alive:)Having issues with this &$*&^ computer again.

Welcome home to the lost angels:)

Annie,
    Thank you for the thank you card, I hope we can do it again..

Jo,
    Sorry about Sat, we did not get home till around 4pm, I knew it would be to late by then. weather is warming up, but it looks like we are going back to the cold soon, but not for long, hope to see you soon.

Jean,
    Nut Me?? No way:)

will play more catch up later, need to get things done around here.
    Have great day all.
    {{gwi:24643}}

• marozeckinj
    17 years ago

Thanks Shirley & Anita. I am waiting to hear from Dirtpig that I can send her what I owe her, and then as long as no one else says no, I can come back! I am glad to see so many familiar names still here!

Susan can't be 40, it's just impossible!

Will check in later to see if dirtpig has checked in.

Will try to update my member page about my "adventure" so anyone who is curious can find out what's been going on.

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

Belated so not in competition form susan-

cat. 1

command to add

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

cat.2

command to add

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

cat. 3

command to add

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

cat. 4

command to add

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

cat. 5

command to add

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

As I promised, I am announcing the winner today.
    Id like to thank you for participating. Loved the funny pictures. I bet the rest of the group did as well!
    Marea, Im sorry you didnt have enough time. I gave everyone a week, which is more time than a ding -ding competition. ;-0 Im sorry if you didnt get your mail, or to the forum in that week.

Susan also was sick and didn't get hers to me on time to post. Loved 'em tho!
    Debbie, I WAS able to get the 5th pic to open the today just not the day I asked you for a resend.
    Ok This was a tough one.
    Canna wins the painting, although it was very close!
    I will have to get a poster tube to mail it to you, Canna. Im using the addy on our files so if thats not current LMK.
    Welcome Cody and potentially Melissa!
    I will go back to being my quiet self now,
    Have a great spring!
    Karen

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Oh boy I won! YAHOO! I will add it to my beginning one of a kind botanical prints I have. Awesome, thanks Karen!

Welcome back Melissa and Coty! Coty, welcome to the south!

~Canna

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Hi everyone!

Congratulations Canna! I loved your pics. : )

I really wanted to get my pictures posted but i've been so busy with things I just didn't get the chance.

Marea, I cannot wait to hear about your new place. When I read your final post from Ashland it kinda' made me sad, but all full of hope & excitement for you too. Sure hope all is well and looking forward to your next post.

I can't wait until my final post from Wyano. : )

Susan, hope you're feeling better and that your busy work schedule eases up soon. And prayers continue to head your way for your dear friend and her family. : ) I can't see your pictures. : (

Cody, so glad to hear from you and hope you'll continue to post and keep us updated about your new home. How are you adjusting to the climate change so far???

Melissa!!!! Long time no see! Really wonderful that you came back and I hope you stick around forever this time. Yes, i'm pregnant. Less than 9 weeks to go until my sweet baby arrives. Please tell us what has been keeping you so busy. HUGS!

Jaye, how are the Brugs? Are you still growing them?

Hi Anita! How is DH doing?

Hello Jo! Hope you can stop in to update us soon. I've been sending thoughts & prayers your way. Hope you are feeling better.

Dianne, how is mom-2-b doing?

Shirley, speaking of yard sales, i'm planning to have one in about a month if all goes well. I have so much stuff to clear out and I really want to get it over with before the baby comes. I'm going to hopefully have my sister here to help me. Not sure if I should do 1 day or 2? I haven't had a yard sale since I was little and used to help my Gram with hers. Any tips?

Debbie, wonderfully funny pics. : )

MamaG, are you better yet? What's new down your way?

Angie, any garage work get done yet?

Jean, have you thawed out yet? ; ) I saw that it was pretty warm up that way. How is Bird Bird?

Lisa, how are you doing?

Barb, love the gloves, drapes, & everything you post. : )
    Yes, my DH is the best. When all this hard work is done he will deserve a long rest. I can't wait until he can sit on the porch with his favorite cold drink and enjoy our little Talon, surrounded by our woodland beauty. He works too hard.

Did I tell yinz that we are taking "Childbirth & Beyond" classes? Today is our 2nd class...6 all together. We love it! I never thought it would be this interesting. We learned alot last week. DH said it is going to definately help him to relax when the big day arrives. : )

I can't believe how fast this 9 mos. is going. I'm doing good, but very tired and suffering horrendous heartburn. I started some garden clean-up this week but trying not to over-do.

Our roof is coming along. The trusses were delivered and we'll be ready to put them up any day. DH is stick-framing the center part of the house and has the rafters on the front part pretty much done. This was a shot taken late yesterday afternoon when some of the bracing was coming off...

(Notice the yellow sunflower seed birdfeeder?? Thank you Sharon....the birdies are enjoying it. Kinda' looks all lonely out there on that mountain of dirt, lol.)

Our windows are supposed to be arriving on Friday already, but I don't think we'll have them delivered out here just yet. Our pal at 84 Lumber knows the Anderson guy pretty well and they said they'll hold them for us for up to three months. Let's pray it doesn't take that long, LOL.

I babysat my sweet-pea neice yesterday and will have her again on Friday. She is starting to talk already!! Ma ma ma & Da da. My Mom watches her on her day off and she usually does a "photo shoot" every week. Monday she did a St. Paddy's Day theme and had lots of great props. I'll have to show you a pic. : )

I know i've missed some of you and I apologize....it's hard to keep up with so much going on. You're all in my thoughts.

Who wants to start posting some Spring bloomers??? All i've had so far was a single, solitary Crocus bloom. One little, tiny yellow flower. : )

Hope you all have a nice rest of the week!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

PS: If you haven't checked out the co-op's I mentioned before there is a really good Shrub one going on now. Variegated Forsythia, several different Viburnum, Buddleia, etc. Let me know if you don't know where to find it.

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

An extra hug going out to Sharon.....I saw your post over at the other place on the co-op forum. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.
    HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• cheerpeople
    17 years ago

Well that's a bummer Susan, It took me 20 minutes to get your pics here and even tho they are visible on my mac at home I see they are not visible on windows. :(

Can you just email them thru TD to our little group off the forum?

I did try. Maybe another non-Mac group member could do it for you? The whole time I was loading my pics my 7 yr old was complaining I wasn't playing cards with her.

Karen

• budsnblooms
    17 years ago

I wanted to stop by to tell everyone that my e-mail is not working. I have contacted Bellsouth but got a message that they are aware of the problem with the e-mail and do not know how long it will be before service is restored. This may have something to do with the merger of bellsouth with AT&T.

I will check the forum everyday, so if there is anything you need or want to tell me you will need to post it here. I'll let everyone know when my service is restored.
    Debbie

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Hello everyone!

Dawn your house is really taking shape! Isn't it time for another belly picture? I imaging Talon's little space is getting a bit crowded by now. I'm glad you and your DH are having fun at the classes.

Susan happy belated birthday,

We had to replace a drain line in the kitchen, and now wouldn't you know it, the thingy in the toilet needs to be replace. At least that won't take as long to fix nor will it be as expensive.

Shirley your cross stitch will be going out tomorrow or Friday morning on my way home.

Gloria, hope you are feeling better, and I'm sending you an e-mail.

I have two more nights then off til Monday night, work 10 hours and off again til Friday night.

I owe, I owe, so I better hit the road.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• marozeckinj
    17 years ago

OK here's the deal. I just took ONE STINKING HOUR explaining where I have been, only to close the window without saving it! GRRRRRRRRRR. Ok long story short my cancer came back went thru two more rounds of chemo and gained 60 freaking pounds. I look like a blimp. Stress from having a sick mom effected Shelby's diabetes and she was in and out of Childrens Hospital for about two months. DH got fired from his job because he was taking too much time off to take care of his family. So he gets pissed and changes all of their passwords. They are shut down for a day and press charges. Lack of jobs forced us to move out of state to DH's moms to get back on our feet. All seems to be better now except we are waiting for a trial date for DH (it's been 13 months already!) We are back in our house but I have no clue what is going to come up in the yard, tenants didn't have green or even brown thumbs so nothing got watered. But I see lots of little green sprouts and I am very encouraged!!!!!!

So that's the mystery of where I've been. I hope you guys will have me back. I have missed talking to you all! DD and I started some seeds tonight. It was 80 yesterday and they are calling for snow tomorrow!

Congratulations Dawn! I am so happy for you. You sure have a lot going on right now.

Will check in when I can

Melissa

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Thanks Dawn, she was a good friend from years ago, we stayed in touch through email and letters mostly. She died of colon cancer. She noticed blood in her stool in her late 30's and mentioned it to her Doctor several times and even did the FOB (fecal occult blood) test, but since she was realitively young, he said she must just have had a tear or her period. Of course by the time they found it, she had cancer in many places. She was a special person, loved by many.

OMG, your house is really coming along. I had to chuckle when you said you were trying to clean out the house and the garden ... sounds like that cleaning frenzy lots of people go through just before they have that first baby. Only 9 weeks ... how exciting!

Marea, HURRAY, you are moved. Whew, that was a long one! Let us know the new address and how you are doing in your new place.

Congrat Canna on winning Karen's beautiful picture!

Got to run,
    sharon

• luvmybulbs
    17 years ago

Hi everyone- Welcome back Melissa-sure sounds like a rough ride, kep your chin up girl.

Cody at least you are in a warmer climate.

Marea thanks for the pictures.

Nancy glad you are feeling better.

Dawn I always look for your new pictures, it is so neat seeing the house come along.

I still have no garage work, my buddy has about 3 more weeks of physical therapy, it isn't getting around to good yet. I went out into the yard a few days back and shoveled out some weeds, my legs are still sore, I am so out of shape.
    My boys are driving me nuts, last night Cole (8) stapled his two thumbs together-do ask me how, boy was he crying!!

Well off to do some work.

Angie

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Marea????
    Please post, sorry I missed your call, will try calling you back.
    Hey all Marea is in her new home, now she just needs o post so I know she is OK

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone!!!

Wow, so much to catch up on!!!

I am sure i will miss someone, I didn't write down any notes. =(

Susan,
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
    Still saying prayers for Marie.

Shirley,
    I am so sorry about Jade. I know your DH is feeling terrible. My dad ran over our cat when I was young, he felt awful for weeks. But, it wasn't his fault, so give him a hug to help him feel better.
    Your deck is just gorgeous. I love it.

Dawn,
    Wow, the house is really moving along. Glad you are doing well. Can u take maloxx or rolaids? That is what they gave me, but I don't know if they do that any more, since it is nearly 30 yrs ago now. =)

Jaye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! So glad to see you back!!!
    Hugs

Melissa,
    Sounds like you have had it rough. Hang in there girl, looks like things are slowly looking up. Sooooo glad to have you back.

Cody,
    Go visit Gloria,
    She will cheer you up and make you like Georgia. =)

Debbie,
    Those calves are just so darn cute. No way could I ever be a farmer. I wouldn't be able to sell them, knowing where they were going.
    And I am so glad the kid and momma are doing good. It was a great story.
    And i want to thank you for trying to keep me in the loop with my e-mail addy. I haven't been getting very many from the group, so I am sure it must be wrong in their address books.

Gloria,
    So very sorry to hear you are sick. I do hope you are doing much better now. Come on, we need our mamabear.
    hugs

Anita,
    You tell Dave I said "no more softees" if he doesn't listen to the doc. =)
    Sorry about Sat.too. I really do not know when Jacinta will get another Sat. off. She had to specially request this one. I will check and see what we can do. hugs

Nancy,
    Glad you are back with us, and that your surgery went well, even though the tape gave you troubles. Hugs

Marea,
    Where are you? Miss you. Please let us know You are ok.

Karen,
    Gorgeous painting. Sorry I missed out on it.

Angie,
    I had a girl and 2 boys.Our DD was wonderful, but "the boys", What one didn't think of the other did. And "wow" could they manage to get into all kinds of things. Sometimes you just stand there and scratch your head and wonder. =)

Annie,
    Glad things are looking up for your family too.

Canna,
    Big congrats on getting that painting. It sure is beeeeeeeutiful. (grins)

Carol,
    I haven't forgotten you. As soon as my DH is getting a steady paycheck, I will get the trophy out to you. I am so sorry I have not gotten it there sooner.

Jean,
    How is your DH doing?

MaryB,
    Where are you? Is everything ok with you?

Dianne,
    How is everything with you? Are you taking your valium? or was it Prozac? (big grins)

OK,
    got the results back from my MRI. Not too bad actually.
    I have degenerative disc disease, but it is in the early stages.Several of the discs in the neck are showing signs, but not terribly so. So, for Right now I can go for physical therapy (start that on Monday)and I should be fine. I also have quite severe arthritis in my neck, but with meds and the PT, I should be able to keep it in check.
    I will take each day, and cross my bridges as I come to them.
    Things are finally getting more normal. So, hopefully i can "see" you all here more often. I have missed you all so much, but it was so crazy, didn't seem like enough hours in the day. I am sure you all know what i mean, it has probably happened to all of us one time or another.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

big hugs to all,
    Jo

• marozeckinj
    17 years ago

I was just on ebay and saw this...99 cents...I know there are a bunch of you spider lovers in here!!

Says today only...go ladies, and gentleman, go!

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How many are interested in an Easter Swap?

Shirley

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Shirley,
    I might be interested if it won't cost too much. =)
    I can't do any swap where I will have to purchase specific things. If the things needed are in my totes of past store bought goodies, then I am good to go.
    I have missed doing the swaps. But, I will be limited on how many I can do for a while, till we are on our feet again. Let me know what will be required, and I will know if I can participate. Thanks. =)

Hugs to all,
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day,
    Jo

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

I wanna play Shirley! By the way when do you start putting stuff for iris borers on your plants, and what do you use?

Your cross stitch is still on the road to you, and I hope they don't lose it. How could I forget the post office did lose one package of yours with a plant and money order in it last year. Of course I got my money back for the money order, but the package was never found, that is so crazy. I'm experimenting with UPS. I sent a package to a lady last Thursday, they said it was 2 day ground, but I really think they meant 2-4 days, because on the UPS site it has scheduled delivery date for Monday, but it comes with a insurance included on it, and she won't have to be there to sign for it.(I think) I mailed a card to my sister in Iowa the same time I maild the other packages Thursday which is about 100 miles away and wouldn't you know it she still has not received it.

My next question is has anyone ever filed a claim, and if so how long did it take for you to get results with UPS? With the price of shipping going up, I sure don't want any lost packages, and if it means paying a bit more for going another route so-be-it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Does anyone press flowers? I bought this book, and wouldn't you know it I have not used it. YOU KNOW I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT. I was thinking if anyone of you guys press flowers give me a yell, I will put your name in a bowl and let DH pull it out. This is what it looks like

{{gwi:1250861}}

Melissa, I think we have traded in the past because when you mentioned above that you had a daughter named "Shelby" I thought we had. Wow, we have 3 children with the name "Shelby" in our group. I think when getting chemo it can go either way. Son lost 80 lbs when going through it. I do hope you are doing better, and please do what they tell you do do!

Jo, so nice to see you post.

Marea, I bet you are busy unpacking, but take a break and give us an update.

MaryB where are you, I hope you and your family are ok.

I better get busy, I've had wayyyyyyyyyyy too much coffee this morning. I hope I didn't miss anyone if so just send me to the corner, I'm used to getting my hands slapped. You wouldn't believe the trouble I can get myslef into with out even trying.......... that is another story.

I will take names until next Friday on the book.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• marozeckinj
    17 years ago

Hello ladies and gentleman

Annie until I came on here we knew no one named Shelby and there are three in this group! It is becoming a more popular name. People here in the east who hear her name say it is a boys name in the South, oh well, I like it and it fits her very well, she is quite unique!

Marea, I am so glad to hear you have moved and I hope you get settled in smoothly.

We have 4 inches of ice on everything but bright sunshine so hopefully some will melt today. I have spring fever sooooo soooo bad.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Melissa

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Good morning,

Just wanted to stop by and update you all on the latest calamity....

Early yesterday a.m. DH & I were cleaning one of our birdies houses when I had this little suspicion of something being not quite right. I ended up calling my doctor and was told to head to the hospital. DH was already freaking out at this point and I was doing my best to keep him calm (shouldn't it be the other way around??).
    I was admitted to Labor & Delivery around 9:30am and got all hooked up to the monitors. My doctor was in shortly thereafter and did an exam. By about 10:30 I got the news that I was having contractions....very regular ones at that. The good news was that I wasn't dilated at all. But I was starting to thin out. They hooked me up to the IV and said they were going to keep an eye on things. Some of the contractions were pretty strong and at one point only 3 mins. apart! I was given an injection of Terbutaline along with 20mg. of Procardia. At first it seemed to be slowing things down a bit, but the contractions started intensifying again. I received another bag of IV fluid and 10 more mg. of Procardia. It was looking like I was going to have to stay the night. A few hours later my doc decided that the meds. had helped slow them down enough to allow me to go home for the night. I am due back at the office first thing this morning to see if there has been any change in my cervix. Please keep your fingers crossed that it is still closed!!

I'm on Procardia every 4 hours, including at nighttime. I also got the wonderful news that I will be spending the duration of my pregnancy on bedrest. That's a tough one to swallow, but I will follow doctor's orders. DH is going to have to take over around the house. I am allowed to move from bed to chair to bathroom and back to bed again. That's about it. At least I will still be able to work at my desk a bit. Doc said no babysitting, so i'm pretty sad about that. My neice is just so precious and I hate not being able to take care of her. It's really tough because everyone works and my poor Sis Jenna is going to have to scramble to work something out by Wednesday. I'm also sad that I won't get to see a whole lot of the action over at the new house for a while. But, the baby is the most important thing right now and that is what i'm focused on.

Baby Talon is doing wonderfully and was just perfect yesterday. His hearbeat and movements were monitored all day and he got an A+. : ) That made me feel much better.

So anyhoo, i'll try my best to keep you updated on what's going on. Today is 32 weeks and we really need the baby to stay in there a while longer.

Shirley, I LOVE that bunnies & chicks pic and really wish I could join in the Easter swap. It looks like i'll have to sit out of the swaps until probably June or so. : (

Jo, i'm so glad you are back. Take it easy and don't work too hard outside. Take lots of breaks....just sit & enjoy.

Marea, still waiting for ya'! Hope you are happy in the new house.

Melissa, Spring Fever has got a hold of me too. It's going to be hard to sit & watch the weeds grow for the next couple months.

Annie, I did a double take when I saw the pic of your book. I have the same one! My Mom got it for me for Christmas and it's really a beautiful book and just wonderful to show off your pressed blooms. So sweet of you to give it away.

I need to catch up a bit more, but I have to get ready to go. Sure hope this appointment goes well.

Hugs to all,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Wow,

(((DAWN)))
    I am so glad everything slowed down and you are home.
    Take it from me, I know "exactly" where you are coming from with the bedrest thing. With our last one, I spent 3 months doing absolutely "NOTHING". Like you, bed, bathroom, chair, bed.I only got to leave the house for doc appts. and we lived waaaaaaaaaay out in the sticks then, so I saw just my immediate family. I decided I would work on babyclothes to keep myself sane. =) I crochet, so I made a beautiful christening gown of my own design. It never got used though, I had a boy, so we got him an adorable little boy outfit for the christening. I had no problems with labor and delivery, and I am sure you will do the same. Hang in there girl. Pick something to do, that is large enough and important enought to you to keep you occupied for quite a bit. It will help the time pass quickly.
    I will be thinking of you.Gotta run, late for work.
    warm hugs,
    Jo

• marozeckinj
    17 years ago

Dawn I am glad you and baby are okay. Just follow doctor orders and keep your legs crossed! We will all keep our fingers crossed and our prayers often. Jo is right, find something to keep your mind off the fact that you have to stay off your feet. You could design your new flower beds, catalog your seeds etc. I will be praying for you and baby and DH. Keep us updated when you can!

Outta town for the next three days for training
    Melissa

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Hi!

Welcome back, Melissa! That's quite a story! Sounds like things are quieting down some for you now - good thing! Life sure has its ups and downs, doesn't it?

Only 4 more weeks, Dawn, and Talon's good to go. Take them 1 at a time, there's only four til your at a very safe point, isn't that right? 36 still the magic number? We had to slow down Eve's arrival too. Doing nothing on doctor's orders is pretty boring, but there are lots of useful things you can do lying down - just ask me, I do lots of days flat out. Wow, that house is going to be something! What a spring for you! I think we're all jealous...

Braved the mud and slop and went out to check on plants. It looked all dead and awful last week. But yesterday we found Snowdrops all in bloom, Daffs up a good 4", loads of Foxglove crowns taking off, and birds, birds! Best of all, all the baby Hostas from last year's seeds that I overwintered in the cellar are coming up! Every one! I was sure they had died. The potted Witch Hazel babies from last year are leafing out too!

We have a brave little line of yellow crocus blooming beside the Foxgloves. Dayllies that grow just under the edge of the shed have taken advantage of the shelter and are up. Or maybe it's just the heat of sleeping groundhogs. The owl babies are out and about. You already know about our skunk! Flocks of blackbirds arrived while we were out, and filled an entire tree, making so much noise Luther had to bark at them. We got sunburned! Ah, life is beautiful.

Luther and Tiger took off yesterday - we had Possum on lead because usually the boys are so sure she is having fun, they have to check closely at all times. DH went off thru the woods after them and found them way at the end of the lane, Luther in his orange and brown plaid wool overcoat and Tiger so overgrown he looks like a Skye Terrier - such a funny pair!
    {{gwi:1250862}}Sunshiny Nap
    Like his buggy chartreuse underwear?

Congrats Canna on your new watercolor! That's a lovely thing.

Cody, don't take it so hard. You're supposed to feel uprooted and lonely at first in a new place! You'll make some friends and it'll seem like a new adventure before long. You sure landed in some pretty country!

Lots of good medical news, beautiful new calves, a few new members. I'm not keeping up.

With only dial-up out here in the sticks, these threads full of pictures take me forever to load. I'll post more when we are running a shorter thread.

Seeds up so far: Filipendula, Rodochiton, Moyesii Rose, Agapanthus, Hosta, Allegheny Serviceberry, Early Lilac and Hepatica. Lots will be coming out of cold strat this week.

You guys are all so busy - I'm like the granny figure who watches all the youngsters work and play.

Our Shelby is almost 1, Melissa. She's my neice out in CA.

Marie is talking, too, and walking. She looks so cute in little dresses, I'm making her one for Easter. It's all covered with bunnies gardening - very cute. They're growing carrots, mainly.

Love to everybody

Barb

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Barb,
    That sounds so wonderful. =)
    Birds are coming back here too. The red wing blackbirds are back. And they are usually the very last to arrive here in the spring, so I am hoping they know something we don't. We have several of our spring birds singing outside the windows in the mornings now. I just love it.
    I have daffs just peaking up, and the same with the crocus, and hyacinths. And "MUD", mud everywhere!!!
    We had all thew snowmelt, and then we had rain for a day and a half, so it is not a pretty sight right now. =(
    But, I plan on starting my daylily seeds this weekend, so am pretty excited about that. I am hopeful that all the ones I got started last year make it through and come back up. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe we can do another trade this year. I believe I owe you a jack or 2. =)

Well, off to work.=)
    Have a fantastic day everyone,
    hugs to all,
    Jo

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Hello all...

A quick update...

I am still having contractions, but the Procardia seems to have them fairly under control. My doc. appt. yesterday went well and my cervix is still closed. I have to go in tomorrow a.m. for an ultrasound and back again Friday for another exam.
    I'm on bedrest but allowed up for 15 min. at a time a few times a day. I'm allowed to do some very light duty things and I can drive myself to the doctor's office or post office, but that's about it.

Thank you for all the great suggestions for while i'm all cozied up in my nest. So far i've pretty much just been sleeping because the meds. make me drowsy.

I'm feeling some stronger contractions now so i'm going to lay back down. I'll be back to catch up a.s.a.p.

But I do have to mention how adorable that sweet Luther looks in his buggy undies!!

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Melissa-Sure glad your life is back on track and you are back with us. Hope DH's trial turns out ok. The crazy things we do sometimes. I guess he wishes he had just left and to heck with it all. The company I work for layed off 12 people last month and one girl erased everything on her computer before she left. Needless to say they were not happy about it. Alot of us have spreadsheets set up in Excel that nobody else has.

Sharon-So sorry to hear about your friend...Sweet and gentle hugs from me to you. I can hear the frogs at night now and I just love that sound. Can't wait to hear the first whippoorwill.

Jo-I was hoping we could do some plants for the Easter swap along with some candy, eggs or whatever. But maybe it will be to early for some of you. I have tons of stuff coming up.

Annie-Oh my, I received the cross-stitch piece that I won. It has to be the most beautiful one ever. I can't quit looking at it. It will definetely be a treasured gift forever. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are so very special. Now is the time to use Bayer Advanced Lawn Season (Long Grub Control) on your irises for the borers. I try to keep mine as clean as possible so they don't have the leaves and things to live in during the winter. They will be making their journey to the leaves soon if not all ready.

Dawn-You listen to your Doctor and let little Talon grow and grow. I know ladies that had to spend the whole 9 months in bed.....whew I don't see how they did it.

Shirley

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

Melissa, I'm in the south and my neighbor has a little girl named Shelby and there was an author Shelby Foote who was from my hometown in Mississippi. I'm glad to hear that your life has become more normal and you're both feeling better. I had to laugh when you said your DH wiped out the passwords until I read that they were taking him to court. BTW, did he take off more than 12 weeks? If not and his company is a larger one he should be covered by FMLA for up to 12 weeks and they can't fire him unless they can prove it created a hardship. Here's a link to see if he was qualified. I hope it works for you. http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Title_29/Part_825/toc.htm

Barb, your baby looks so well cared for in the cold weather. ;-) I've got lots of things coming up too. I can't wait for spring.

Dawn, I'm praying really hard that you go ahead and carry baby Talon until he's healthy enough to arrive. Yes, please do what the doctor says.

Jo, it's good to see you posting more and sounding more rested from worries.

Shirley, if you can, please post the requirements of the trade. I'd love to participate too but have to know if I'm going to be able to.

Marea, looking forward to hearing more from you when you get settled and up and running. I wish I could be there to help you plant all those beauties. My DH said he'd of had to leave them there! lol I think you should give your DH an extra hug and whatever comes to mind for being such a darling.

Angie, hopefully your friend will heal soon and you can get started on that garage. I know you're looking forward to it. We'll be wishing him well in a hurry.

To everyone I missed, I hope you have a wonderful night and hugs to you all.

Nancy

• User
    17 years ago

Dawn, I just got the news about your bedrest order. Young lady, you listen to that smart doctor and do everything he tells you. We all want to see little Talon arrive safe and sound.

There are lots of things to do from bed to keep you busy. I like Melissa's idea of planning your garden beds. Ask Jason to get you lots of graph paper and pencils and have fun!

Keep in touch and keep rested. We're all pulling for you.
    Dianne