SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rocky55_gw

Starling and Bluebirds

rocky55
14 years ago

Hi everyone. I am new to posting here, but not to the forums. Everyone is so knowledgeable here, and always have great suggestions. Maybe you can help me.

My bluebirds have arrived and they have been guarding their house for sometime now. But it seems Mr. Blue has to constantly fight off a starling that is trying to take over the bluebird house!! I have never seen anything like this before. That darn starling can even squeeze into the house!! I'm so furious at that starling, LOL!

My bluebird couple look to be young bluebirds this year. Mr. Blue tries to fight off the starling as long as he can, but sometimes he just gives up and lets the starling take over. Then there is me running out of the house like a crazy person, clapping my hands trying to help my blues and I end up chasing the starling and my blues off. Mrs. Blue started to build her nest 2 days ago, but hasn't been back yet that I have been able to tell, because that blasted starling (and it's just one starling) is still hanging around trying to get in the house. I'm afraid the starling will run my blues away. What can I do?? Will the sparrow spooker get rid of starlings too? We usually wait until the first bluebird egg is laid before we put it up so we don't scare off the blues.

Comments (4)