I'm redoing my front yard again. Need advice

msrose
16 years ago

Here is how it originally looked

{{gwi:39712}}

Here's how it looks now

{{gwi:39717}}

{{gwi:39713}}

We took the railroad ties out and had the stone put in. Also, the trees on the top middle level had termite and carpenter ant damage, so it was recommended that we take them out. I replaced them with Knock Out roses and planted yellow Coreopsis in front of them. I recently decided the Coreopsis was getting taller than I had wanted, plus I felt like there was too much yellow in the yard with the golden eunomys and Stella D'Oro daylilies planted around the house (behind the truck). I recently took the Coreopsis out and planted some white daylilies in front of the Knock Out roses. Now my dilemma is what to do on the bottom level, in the circle of golden eunomys. I currently have roses there, but the one on the right isn't doing good and needs to go.

{{gwi:39715}}

The one on the left is doing much better, but I'm not sure if the color of the blooms goes very well with the color of the Knock Out blooms.

{{gwi:39716}}

If I replaced it with roses, what color should I use. There's a Magnolia in the middle of the bottom tier and I thought the white daylilies would tie in nicely with that, but if I put white roses, then everything on the bottom would be white and I'm not sure I would like that. Is there anything else besides roses that I could put there? Would it look best to just put more Knock Outs or something different?

Laurie

Comments (9)