SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

My new pet 'Murphy'

pjtexgirl
14 years ago

I'm putting in a pond where an above ground pool used to be partially buried. I'm in the process of deciding exactly how I want it done (ie stalling) Putting in the bottom drain is going to be a lot of work. :P

Meanwhile, the hole has filled with water due to all the rain we've had recently. I put in a couple water plants in pots and enjoy the polywogs and such. If we had enough rainfall I'd keep it this way, but alas, we don't.

This morning my son found a Blotched water snake. They do sort of look like Water Moccasins if you don't know to look for the pits,vents, and the bulkier head that houses the sacs. I'm only on 1/4 acre in the suburbs with my wee 3,000 gallon pond. I want to keep "Murphy" but I'm afraid the neighbors will kill him thinking he's venoumous if he wanders out of my garden. He flattens his head and makes it look like it's diamond shaped. He's also fairly aggressive. Should I be selfish and keep him in my yard or should I relocate him out to the retainer pond out in the field? PJ

Comments (13)