SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceresone

Changing my name to 'Murphy'!!

15 years ago

One of those--if anything can go wrong, it will, days.

Finally got my fruit trees trimmed, best I can, after the heavy crop breaking limbs last year, and ice this year.

On to spraying. My biggest nemesis is "Brown Rot". So, after reading, and studying, I bought Dormant Oil, and Lime Sulphur. One bottle said, they can be mixed in same sprayer, other said No-No. Contacted Mo. Fruit Experiment Station. Find the books on spraying, both from there--and the person in charge have different answers. And--the recommended spray had changed chemicals! Still confused, but its supposed to be beautiful today, may rain tomorrow.

Arming myself with a little knowledge, and two sprayers, one big new from last year, one little, old one, I set off for the orchard, and both Dormant Oil, and Lime Sulphur.

First of all, I find the Peaches and Plums are budding already!! and several other trees are swelling buds. But, I can decide, tree by tree, right?

I pump up the big new Hudson sprayer, with the dormant oil--The brass line is split top to bottom! and I did rinse it out, and hang upside down in the garage last fall. So, the little sprayer, with L.S spray, and teeny-tiny spray pattern did the best it could.

I'll go back next week after the rains Thursday, and try again.

Murphys Law? Or a Comedy of Errors?

Comments (3)