SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wana_ro

Expert Gardener All Purpose plant food 15-30-15

wana-ro
12 years ago

Hi!

First I want to tell you that this is my first year of growing tomatoes, and because it's the first time I decided to plant them in pots (next year we'll probably do it in the ground). And of course I am anxious to see them setting lots of fruits as soon as possible... :)

I planted 4 Celebrity tomato plants. They did well until a month ago when leaves started to darken (getting dark spots like a mold). I don't know what I was waiting for... it was obvious it was a disease and intsead of spraying the plants right away, I did it 2 weeks ago. :( Hope they will do better soon!

They started to bloom a lot but some of the flowers dryed... and I assume is from the disease but I have a few tomatoes too.

I use to water them everyday in the morning the hot days but now I do it every other day... and last Sunday I sprayed the leaves with the disease control liquid I bought, put some Black Kow Manure at every plant (I heard they love it) and water my plants with MG All Purpose plant food..... 1 TBSP/gallon and tryed to devided equal parts between plants. After I water them, I read the label: 24-8-16 :(

I read online the 15-30-15 it is better for tomato plants and I want to make sure it is before I apply. I bought Expert Gardner at Walmart because it was the only one 15-30-15. I've seen MG Tomato Plant Food 18-18-21 but decided to get the firt one because of the phosphat being 30%. Should I wait a week from last time I fed with MG and use the new one or wait 2 weeks? It says on the instruction to water the leaves and stem too and do this every 14 days. I was thinking to mix 1/2 TBSP per gallon and use it this week and then every 14 days 1tbsp/gal.

I have new plants to plant and I was thinking to do half Kow Manure and half gardening soil.

Every advice is very welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot and sorry for the long message! :)

Comments (11)