SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mgood4u

NEW: 'A seed by any other name'..............Swap

mgood4u
18 years ago

I would like to host a NAMED seed swap. I will have plenty of time over Thanksgiving break to get the seeds in order and send them out, so I would like to shoot for a date in Mid-November as a send in cut off date. If there is enough of a responce I will post all the dates.

What I would like to do is have all involved post a want list for NAMED seeds only. For example, if you plan to send in 10 varieties of named seeds then post the ten seeds you are "wishing" for in exchange. All seeds will be sent to me by the due date (will post)and I will then divie up the seeds, hopefully I will be able to fulfill some wishes or close to them, and mail them back to you after the Thanksgiving holiday. In time for winter sewing.

I will post a reminder but I would also like if you could include in your SASBE .49 cents postage for the return of your seeds, the seeds you are swapping (with legible names and any info you have on them), a copy of your wish list, and your address (labels would be great if you have them).

Please send your seeds in CLEAR BAGGIES if at all possible.

I WILL ALSO REUSE THESE TO SEND YOUR SEEDS BACK. So, if you sent seeds in clear baggies you will get your baggies back. I think it would be hard to open up all kinds of paper bags to make sure there are seeds enclosed and the # in order to send someone a fair trade.

All types (perennials, annuals, biennials, etc-flowers and veggies-if there is a demand for them) can be included AS LONG AS THEY ARE NAMED.

Please check everyones want lists that they post here to see if you have any seeds to fill any wants. Also, you can check have lists to get ideas for possible items for your list--but this doesn't garantee that seeds will be sent to me. If it is I will try to match the wants as close as possible.

I'm excited! Who would be interested??? Dawn - mgood4u

Comments (8)