SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srburk

Have two problem areas and need ideas...

srburk
16 years ago

The plants part I can figure out...it's the construction of the beds I have trouble with.

If I can figure out how to post a pic when I get back, I will. Spot #1 is a dry barren cracked strip of dirt that has never filled in with grass next to the driveway. It just gets too much traffic. Plus, it slopes downward to the street--and it has to stay that way. I can't build raised beds there because it need to be level with the driveway in order to be level with the adjoining flowerbed in front of the house (can't plant next to or above foundation). It's just an ugly spot...if it won't grown lawn turf, then I figure it's the perfect opportunity, lol.

Spot #2 is two narrow straight strips on either side of stepping stones down the side of the house, between the house and a six foot fence. It gets really intense afternoon sun from about 11am to 5pm or so. One strip is next to the house, about 10 inches wide, and the other strip next to the fence is about two and a half feet wide. The stepping stones will have to remain, as I am required to leave a space the lawn mower can pass through. I can't figure out the construction of the bed if I can't mound up dirt against the fence (and I really can't).

If you have ideas, or pictures of your own project (even better), share away! (My next project should be the strip next to the street, but I hear it is technically city right of way, so we'll see.)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022