SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pasadena77502

when you were a newb....

pasadena77502
14 years ago

So I was reading back on the forums, trying to get an idea about personalities, problems, weeds/vs "what the heck is that", and I thought I would ask a question. Or, I guess several. A general sort of several.

I've always enjoyed gardening, but I've only just recently(within the last two years) acquired enough space to really "dig" into it, har har. I've planted the requisite bulbs, and I bought my first rose bush about a month ago. I've bought several magazines, and I've started going to Lowe's, Home Depot, and the Houston Garden Center after work to see what's going on with the plants carried right now. Now I have two spaces, one large, one small, and several planters with plants. So my general sort of question is: How did you start gardening- was it gradual, how did you learn? Was it mostly mistakes at first, or did you always have a green thumb? Did you have a plan when you first started? Do you have a plan now? All of this interests me, since I'm still so new to all of this. I feel like carrying a little notebook of gardening stuff around, just in case, lol.

I hope this doesn't seem nosy- but I like learning, and I like knowing how other people learn.

Comments (19)