SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

NEW: Holiday Seed Cocktails

13 years ago

Here's the plan. In this swap, players will send in their various seeds, such as zinnias, cosmos, foxglove, etc. Once I've received them all, I'll combine all the seeds of each type, give them a good stir, then repackage them and send them back, giving you a seed "cocktail". The fun will be in not knowing what variety of seed you're planting until it comes up, giving you a big SURPRISE!!! Not only will this provide new varieties for you, but also provide a wider gene pool for your upcoming seeds, making for bigger, brighter blooms!

For example, say three people send in cosmos, seashells, picotee, and bright lights. Those three people would receive back a mixture of seashells, picotee, and bright lights cosmos. At the same time, ten people send in ten varieties of coneflowers... hot papaya, purple, double decker, etc. I'd mix up all of those coneflower seeds, and those ten people would receive back a sampling of all those different coneflowers.

If you'd like to participate, e-mail me for my address. Once you have it, send your seeds, with return postage and address label, to me. It would be great if they could all be here by November 12th. Seeds should be in their own packets, no more than 3 varieties per species, and no older than 2007. The number of packages of seeds you send in is completely up to you, whether it be 1 or 50, or somewhere in between. Just remember to put in each packet a fair number of seeds. I know that's a judgement call on your part, but there's no way I'm going to ask anyone to count out 100 foxglove seeds! Lol, that would drive anyone insane!

I think it would probably be a good idea to hold this to between 25-30 people, but we'll see what kind of response this gets and go from there.

So, cocktails anyone???

-Dan

Comments (95)