SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juspeachy_gw

UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies 5900... going....going....

juspeachy
18 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Well, I will try this again,

Hi Everyone,

Got to start one and maybe I can see this one through to the end,

Tana,

I am so glad you liked what I sent. I made the favorite daylily marker just for you, for this swap. But, I may decide to make more to sell next year. But, I will make sure they are a bit different from yours. For those of you who want to know, The marker said "My Favorite Daylily" (today). I hand sculpted it and put it on a large metal pick.

I think it is wonderful you have taken in folks, even if they are friends, and relatives, it makes you a very special person.

(((Anita))),

I am SOOOOOOO sorry. I really thought you were gonna be able to work things out. But, don't let her get away with it.

As a grandparent, you have every right to have visitation, so go get'em girl. Make 'em understand you are not gonna take this sitting down. Big hugs!!!!!

Possible frost tonight, I have dragged all my brugs into the greenhouse, as well as all my other tender plants. WHEW, what a job! I am keeping fingers crossed it doesn't though. My brugs are LOADED with buds. I have aited all summer for them to bloom, and they wait till now, go figure.

Well, time to do some serious relaxing, worked all day, and work again tomorrow.

Everyone take care and have a great night.

hugs all around,

Jo

Comments (100)

• tanarae
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hello Cody, I am so sorry for your dissappointment with your moms reaction. My mom lives in California and everytime I visit I re-do one of her beds or build retaining walls for her or something of the gardening nature and she is so appreciative. I would surely feel like you do if she acted that way. Find your own space and give hers up. Maybe when she sees them next year after you have not helped her she will see and understand how thoughtful and helpful you have been in the past. Create your own beautiful space and let her drool over it. LOL Hope you get more appreciation of your efforts next time. It is awful to not be appreciated.

Marea, I am soo glad the box got there and you are happy with it all. Since this was my first swap here I really wasn't sure about what to include and since I don't really know but a couple people here yet it was difficult so I just put in a variety. Hope you enjoy the plants and stuff for many seasons to come.

Tanarae

• gloriab3
    18 years ago

WELL.... iLL DO A DEAR cOTY IN A SECOND.... MIGHT AS WELL,NOW1
    i AM A MOM... i HAVE TOW SONS, BOTH WHO i ADORE... ALL I HAVE GOT TO SAY IS COTY CHECK YOUR MOMS MEDICINE AND SEE IF SHE IS OUT OF IT... AS THERE IS NO WAY... NO WAY THAT SHE WANTS YOU OUT BECUASE YOU HELPED HER WITH THE FLOWER BEDS.. THATS INSANE... INSANE... THEY IS AN UNDER LIEING ISSUE HERE, SHE HAS SOMETHING ELSE TO SAY AND CANT OR WONT ADDRESS IT... TRY SITTING HER DONW AND sweety SAYING MOM... CAN WE TALK....

LOW KEY COTY...
    CONCERNING, COMPASSIONATE... ECT. BE LIKE YOU KNOW THERE IS A PUZZLE AND SHE IS THE KEY...

YOUR RELATIONSHIP AS A MOM AND CHILD CAN NOT BE BROKE OVER A FLOWERBED...( EAING HER CHOCOLATE YES, FLOWER BED , NO)
    please TALK TO HER AND LET ME KNOW OK? ITS IMPORTANT...

WELL CINDY WE ARE REALLY IN A PICKLE HUH! THAT BOX TO MARIA WAS COOL TOO.....
    WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO NARROW THIS DOWN.... IM STILL THINKING _________ FOR NUMBER ONE CHOICE FOR THE ________ __________ BOX!
    YOUR DOING GREAT WORK cINDY.... LOVE THE LISTS...

i AM A LIST PERSON! LOVE LISTS WHOEVER MAKES THEM...

GOT TO RUN... ILL BE EXPECTING YOUR BOX CANNA...

TALK TO HER COTY! ok???
    HUGS ALL GLORIA

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 11,200 Traveling Daylilies

Q

Comments (102)
    Good Morning all! I see it has changed some since I was last here! Hurray! Come on out the rest of you! It doesn't have to be a big box, just a little token of friendship and celebrating coming spring, which I think everyone is so ready for!! Sorry, I haven't been on much. My grandson is down with the flu! Not sure if it is a 48 hr. thing or if he should start getting better today! Just in time for me to get, as we are suppose to go to Springdale for my granddaughter's 13th birthday party Saturday! And I certainly don't want to miss it! She's my only girl and she is a girly girl!! Oh Lord! Mareas-so glad things are going better for you! I would love to see where you live! I bet it is very gorgeous there! Welcome to the little swap! Please stop in and post whenever you can! And everyone else also! Sharon-wonderful for you to join! (and everyone else also!) I know what you mean about peeking at your seeds every morning! I have broccoli, brussel sprouts, peppers, tomatoes, ornamental peppers, and other items, besides my flowers are waiting to pop up. I now have 6 lemon meyer seedlings about an inch tall! I peek at them several times daily!! For those of you who would join if was a little later-just send a little yard ornament or trinket and nice note with an IOU for a plant when they come up! It's not about what we get, just the fun in knowing someone is thinking of you and cares enough to send a little something! Soemthing to pick up everyone's spirits in the lousy economy everyone is having these days! Shirley-I hope things are going better with your Mom. Please keep us posted! I will continue to keep you and her in my prayers. Ok so now we are at: Melinda Gloria Nancy Paul Debbie Marea Sharon Looking good! Would love to see others coming out and posting to say hello even if don't want to swap! Love to get to know more of you better! Have a great day! Melinda
    ...See More

UPDATE: 4700 Send a named daylily-get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Anita, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers will be said for your family to have strength and God's help dealing with your pain. Gloria, sounds like you've had my kind of luck. We're glad you're back in the Land of Daylilies. You know it's kind of like the Land of Oz only better. My internet wouldn't come on last night and when I called tech they said it sounds like spyware but wasn't. This morning I called back and he said it's on his end so I got him to help me set up a dial-up connection. It always goes out on the weekend when I have more time to use it. Does it happen that way with ya'll? Lucky me, I got the sweetest Mother's day card from my DS and DIL that says Love is knowing the one you care about most is also your BEST FRIEND. WOW! Nothing could be a nicer compliment than that especially since it's my DH's son although he couldn't be closer to me if he were my own blood. He's been mine for 23 years and I'm very proud of that! Angie, I wish I could help with the puter but geeky I'm not. If you don't get any help here go to the Computer Help forum. Those people are great and answer so fast. Good luck with getting it fixed. Sharon, love your yard sale finds, especially the pig. Here's my pig from Good Will I bought a couple of months ago. Great minds think alike since I'm going to put a semp in it too. It's small but I think a little one will work. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Jo, I took a picture of my lemon lily bloom but I'll wait to post it when my DSL is back on. Everytime I get ready to copy the photos to photobucket this *#$ dial-up connection goes off. Gotta go to town with DH. He's buying me a yellow rose bush for Mother's Day but he said I'll have to pick it out. OKAY! Nancy
    ...See More

UPDATE: 8200 Traveling Daylilies!

Q

Comments (100)
    good lord the general plant trade forum is getting soooo frustrating!! i've made a few posts in which i'm very specific about what i want, but do people read them or check my pages? absolutely not!! it's the same gripe i've had for a while, but it's driving me crazy again!! there really isn't anywhere else for me to go for plant trading and i HATE ordering out of catalogues, it's always such a dissappointment. ok...i was going to continue with my rant, but i appear to have run out of steam!! paul do you have any named epi cuttings you want to trade? well since no ones actually said anything about a june swap and i can't find anything, i'll take point on this one too. july will be the food swap. sign up needs to be by 10 pm est, sunday, june 11. it'll be called the make your partner smile box. there are no rules, except that it must contain at least five plants. one of these must be a plant that you love, but they don't have listed as either a have or a want. tell them why you love it. the deadline for mailing will be june 28. i was just saying daylilly, hosta, iris, sedum, heuchera trade since we all seem to collect those. partners will be posted sunday night, after 10 pm. thanks yall cody
    ...See More

UPDATE: 5800 wow traveling daylies 5800 and growing

Q

Comments (100)
    Oh HAPPY DAY..JOY JOY Mailman brought a box today from Dawn/Mamabirrd and What a Box :-) Two Named Daylilies she sent Tuscawilla Tigress and Double Grapette.(thanks to both Marea and Mary S too.) Clump Spiritual Corridor One unknown daylily and it's a double..to kewl :-) One Allium Gladiator..Love alliums Pulmonaria Mrs Moon..Thank you...lost this one a few years back. Sedum John Creech Sedum Weinstephaner Gold both zoned for 4..Ya Baby!!Oh and ladies small sedums make great ground cover. Icicle Pansy,Purlpe..my oldest always picked out pansy's for his plants for garden,when he was younger.So you couldn't have picked a better plant to send. Echeveria Harmsii...have to look this one up..have no idea about this one..houseplant I know. Bag of Miracle Gro for feeding the dayliles,with a measuring spoon too. Cute anything was a Stained Glass Pot Hanger,a flower pot with a yellow daisy.So pretty Daylily marker...oh man how did you know?? PAINT PEN I needed a new one so bad..to kewl..I can mark all kinds of dayliles..without swearing...LOL Bag of Candy..Boy oh boy..she sent a BAG with all kinds of candy..a big bag of Peanut M&M's(my fav)MamaG don't look I really don't like pain M&M's.a bag of Jelly Bellys a bag of penny candy and Sarris Candy bar..now this one is made local in her area..can't wait to try it.. and then,and then she sent Birdbird a treat too..How sweet is that..Fresh walnuts..He ate every last piece of the one I gave him today.. Very pretty stationery(bird,go figure) with note and list of all she sent...BIG HUGS..OH BIG BIG HUGS TO YOU DAWN.. Planted most of it today with get the rest in the ground tomorow. And if that wasn't enough UPS brought me a box too..Peony's for Klehm's Song..nice roots too :-) Coral N Gold Cuckoos Nest...will be praying that they bloom next year..I know..most doesn't that soon..I don't wait well :-( ??? for ya all...does anyone else have trouble finding daylilies..I mean..oh I don't know..I plant and then I play search and destroy..LOL..I'm looking for one and I can't find the darn thing..and yes Cody its for you..LOL..and whats hostas..I don't have any hostas...evil,evil grin. Anita Mr Man is just so cute..sending more kisses to him..So happy for you. Sharon your garden is Beautifull..Love the spring picture and the now picture.. Dianne I really like your Garden window..What a wonderful idea..ground cover,Dead Nettle.White Nancy and others are good.I have them all over..The purple one can get alittle tall,but is still very pretty. Canna,Loving all your pictures..yes the frogs too..LOL Wow Shirley..that story has been out for years..The first time I saw it was in Ann Leaders,many many years ago..LOL Anyone that doesn't read thier credit card receipt before they sign it,is just NUTS..Great cookie recipe tho.. It's supost to get down to 40's tonigth..NO NO I'm not ready to the cold..not yet!!! THANK YOU DAWN..YOU ARE WONDERFULL. Nite all sweet dreams,Jean
    ...See More
  • cannahavana
    18 years ago

Huh? Box? What box?

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Jo, thanks for the advice on how to take care of the cast iron.

Cindy O. - Gossamer Lingerie and Sturm Und Drang are to die for! My fountain has a pump and I hope since it is running water it won't turn green. Also, I have to add water every couple days in the summer because of evaporation. I read on one of the forums that putting in a water lily stops the algae. They were talking about bird baths.

Marea, Yuck on the cactus!!!! I have two in a mirrored planter that used to be used for a terrarium (got it at a garge sale). They absolutely love it in this thing. I don't have to worry about holes in the bottom since I rarely water them - maybe once a month. I've tried to get rid of them multiple times, but my son and daughter refuse. I told my DD she is taking them to college when she goes!!!! I get spikes in me every time I go near them. @%^*##@@ Your cactus reminds me of something. lol

Gloria, what a wonderful time you had!! I'm green with jealousy.

Anita, my fountain has a pump and so the water is self contained. You will love the Purple Paw Print. I love my Purple Paw Print Daylily! I know it isn't a tet. and isn't 6 inches (what I always look for), but it was sent to me as a bonus. It blooms it's little heart out and is the perfect size for the place I have it. It is one of those I will keep for a long time!!! The color is so pleasing too, even my husband has commented on this one.

STOP ALL THIS TALK OF CANNAS!!!!! I've begun looking at the unique cannas, the red or striped leaves. I got the white and green varigated one this summer (forgot it's name for the moment). I'm thinking of putting a line of cannas at the back of one of my gardens next year. Would love to trade next spring with some of you Canna Collectors.

Carol, I want him, the little guy in the picture, send him to me!!! Were all of your babies that cute? ;o)

I went to Lowes looking for Mums, they had some planted in bushel baskets and they were so cute. So I just had to stop at a .... Garage Sale, and found an old broken picnic basket for 50 cents. Here is the finished product under my newly pruned Birch tree. Hubby wouldn't let me prune this tree, ever. It must be a weeping form of Birch, the branches hung down to the ground, those of us that cut the grass hated it!! I love it now, and you can see the beautiful bark.

{{gwi:1301471}}

A wonder Fall day today, high in the low 60's. Baking weather ... going to bake a pear pie.

Sharon/tma

• skohler
    18 years ago

Anyone into tropical ???? "HELP "
    I have about 6 left to trade
    off . I started them from seeds this last spring
    but didn't know the name of the seeds , findly after
    sending one to deni in her sept box she wrote back
    to let me know it was a candle plant :))
    So I have to find warm homes for them this winter .
    I'd be willing to trade for 2-3 2 fan matured daylilies
    not on my :)) list .
    Here are the young plants for trade .
    {{gwi:1301472}}

Please email if we have a trade :)))

susie

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Did someone say CANNAS? :) I don't have any of those.

~Canna

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Marea, you should name that cacti Rodney, cause he gets no respect! (Did you notice I said "he" *giggle* :) I am not a huge fan of cacti, but when they bloom...WOW!

Ok the reason I am here is to ask if anyone grow Abutilon (flowering maple). I am growing two this summer for the first time and I have fallen in love with them. I am looking for 'Souvenir de Bonn'. If someone has any, I would love to trade!

Ok, I want Tana to be my partner for the next swap! Wowee! I think she should be in the top running for the ______ ______ box! That is an adorable * FROG * feeder.

Veeja, I WANT THAT PUPPY!

~Canna

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

I have these cannas to give away.
    Let me know if you are interested.
    I posted them on the last thread but did not hear from anyone.
    AUSTRALIA
    BRANDYWINE(LIMITED)
    CHERRY RED
    CITY OF PORTLAND
    CLEOPATRA (LIMITED)
    CONESTOGA (LIMITED)
    FIREBIRD (LIMITED)
    FLORENCE VAUGHN (LOTS)
    INDICA PURPUREA
    MUSAFOLIA
    ORANGE BEAUTY

Shirley

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Shirley, do you have Canna Dawn Pink? I had it last year and borers got ahold of it.

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

shirley
    i'd like any of these cannas
    brandywine
    city of portland
    conestoga
    firebird
    florence vaughn
    orange beauty

thanks for making this offer!
    cody

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I also would like any of your cannas, no one else speaks for, let me know what you would like in trade
    thankyou carol

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Shirley, how did I miss that last post? Must have been sleeping.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    If you still have them, I would like a couple of each of the following with direction on how to keep them over the winter. I've tried before in a paperbag with peat and most died.

AUSTRALIA
    Brandywine
    CLEOPATRA
    INDICA PURPUREA
    MUSAFOLIA

Thanks,
    Sharon, tma

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Shirley, I went back and found the post where you offered them. I must have skipped over it b/c it looked as if you were offering it to MaryB and Cody.

"""""MaryB and Cody-Cannas available:"""""" (then you listed the cannas)

You had these 2 listed on the last post:
    scarlets rib and shining pink
    If you still have them I would love them. (Please don't be affended I asked). But if you are no longer offering them, then maybe next spring a trade???? I know I have some DL's you must be interested in. :o)

Time for bed is long past . . .
    Sharon/tma

• mareas
    18 years ago

Canna Lovers Unite!
    I apologize, you guys - I was trying to get ya'll to take some cannas, too, but was obviously too mumbled-mouthed about it! I would have shared these all along! I didn't think any of you liked them!
    I lost several rhizomes overwintering last year and don't want to lose more again this year, so would love to share these with those of you who can keep 'em alive this Winter: Red King Humbert, Cherry Red, Pink Sunburst, Tyrol, Amazon Butterfly, Topaz,Wyoming, Pink Beauty, Red Futurity, Tropical Sunrise, Tropicanna, Tropicanna Gold, John Wallace, and several other KEEPERS not on Shirley's list that I'll share with you guys, too.
    I can't do the postage right now, tho. ~ marea

• juspeachy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

A great Good Morning to everyone

Marea,
    Good grief girl, don't you sleep? I aam glad you don't in this case. I would LOVE some of these. I have no pinks right now and would love some. If they are good size I don't have too much difficulty in keeping them over the winter. If they are small, then I usually lose a few. That is why I am so worried about my seedlings I raised from the seeds I got from Shirley. Anyhoo, I would love these;
    Pink Sunburst
    Pink Beauty
    Tyrol
    Amazon Butterfly
    Wyoming
    Tropical sunrise
    Let me know what you might like in trade. It is getting mighty chilly here, but I am pretty sure I have time to do a trade. I can send you a list of what I have available, I am sad to say my GW list is not up to date now.

Shirley,
    I would like:
    City of Portland, and Musafolia, if you still have enough.If you haven't sent out my box yet, maybe you could stuff them in there. If you have, then maybe we can wait till spring. I am fast running out of time to get things in the ground.It is an extremely cool 39* right now. Brrrrr!

Has anyone heard from Cindylu? Is she still one of our group? I know she lives in Louisiana, and I was wondering if anyone knew if she was OK?

I need to eat,
    Be back later,

Jo

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Morning All,
    NO, it is not a good one, It is only 35 here now & I am freezing my butt off, I am not ready for the cold yet, DH has a fit if we start a fire before Oct 15th, but I think I might have to.
    Yesterday was even worse than freezing, we had a bad rain storm & high winds that proceeded to destroy all of my hard work digging & potting, Needless to say I have many Daylilies I have no clue of the names now... I could not even imagine living any place that gets bad storms a lot..OK I am done ranting!!!!

Carol,
    Very sweet looking puppy, but that is not Angel, are you going to keep Angel? I see form the dog days you are down to only 1, also caught up on the Queen for month, such a shame to get caught up with low life people that scammed you all, Jo & I talked a bit about that swap when it started, I brought it to her attention 2 of the original ones lived about side by side & had the same member page & about identical exchange list, That was a heads up for me, Wish I would have spoke up, then you all would have noticed it also. Sorry:(

Susie,
    Love that Candle Plant, I have never heard of them before, Does it flower?

Shirley,
    I would LOVE some more of your Cannas, most of the ones you sent last year for postage did not make it over the winter in my basement, I need to remove them from my have list, I know I would LOVE Cleopatra if you have any left.

Marea,
    I would love to trade for some of your Cannas as well, but as cold as it is I don't dare touch a shovel:(

:)Anita off to watch HGTV with a blanket

• mamabirrd
    18 years ago

I'm so sorry you guys! I was supposed to come back and do some thanking days ago, but it has just been one thing after another.

I had a big calamity that started the week off on the wrong foot. Monday night I heard crashing/breaking sounds in my back yard and went to investigate. I turned on the spotlight and saw that something large was in my garden. All of a sudden, the neighbor's dog appears. A Husky. It starts to run and I can hear that it is dragging it's very long, heavy duty chain (20ft). I yelled for it, but it ran off and was heading straight for my big pond. OH NO! The chain was tearing through the gardens, knocking things over and, well, you get the not-so-pretty picture. Sure enough, the dog went right into my netted pond. I was in a panic. It was pitch black and I was trying to find the chain. I could hear it on the ground as the dog "swam". I finally found it and grabbed it, hoping to pull the dog out before it drown, or clawed a hole in my liner. Just as I wrapped it around my wrist, the dog climbed out and started sprinting. OUCH!!!! The dog was way stronger than I imagined and it pulled me so hard that I fell. Fortunately the chain slipped off my hand, but not before pulling my shoulder out.
    The story only gets worse, basically 'cause my neighbor is a mental midget and she came over with this attitude like she always has. Guess she forgot that it was HER dog in MY pond ripping MY arm off and wrecking MY gardens and tearing MY pond net.
    I think at that point I should have grabbed her and threw her in the pond too, LOL.
    This is the same lady that allowed her puppies to "live" in my yard and got offended when, after weeks and weeks of dealing with them, I finally said I didn't want them over here anymore. Her solution was screaming, "WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO WITH THEM???? SHOOT THEM????"
    Huh?
    So you see, that is the type of looney woman we are dealing with here. Too bad, her husband is very, very nice.
    I won't bore you with anymore of the details other than to say the dog was found, my pond doesn't seem to be leaking, and my shoulder still hurts.

Remember my T-shirt???? I know Carol does!

It has prompted us to speed up the process of our eventual move. We always knew that we would move out of this ratty little town and planned to do it before having school age children. I would never raise kids in this place.
    Well, we've got a few prospects and we got the ball rolling. We are just trying to decide whether or not we want to build or not. We have been offered a beautiful home/property right across the road from my mom & dad and we are considering that as well. It's not exactly what we want (as far as the house), but we'll see how things play out.
    I need to be able to move s-l-o-w-l-y. I've got billions of plants to move, LOL.

Sorry to go on and on. I'm so glad it's Friday. It is my sisters birthday and i'm taking her out for a fun-filled day.

Jo, I can't thank you enough for the fabulous package and i'm in the process of getting a box finished up for you. I will either send it tomorrow or Monday. I know it's getting cold quick, so I will do my best to hurry. : )
    Thank you soooooooo much for all the Iris. I'm in Iris heaven. Oh and the Maple seedling and the Hibiscus seedling, and etc.!!!

Speaking of Abutilon, yes Canna, I grow them. Actually, other than my new baby from Jo, I only have one at the moment. I used to have others before my greenhouse days and they just didn't overwinter in the house very well. Oh, and the one I have is *I think* 'Souvenier De Bonn'. I will take a pic of it later and show you.
    Oh, and the Hibiscus list........I only have 5 or 6 but darn it if I can remember the names. I am going to be moving them into the GH later and will write them down. I just took cuttings and fingers are crossed.

Carol, I need to thank you over on the SPOTM thread for the fabulous box you sent to me. So awesome!!! I will detail all the goodies over there as soon as I get a minute. Sorry for the delay. Love my flamingo pen!!!!

Suzie, I hope I thanked you for our trade. I think I did, but I can't remember. : )

Marea, I can't figure out why nobody likes cactus?? I can understand the prickly thing, but they are just sooooo beautiful. I picked up a new succulent that is totally cool but had no ID (of course). I'll show you after I get it potted up.
    Oh, and 'Tropicanna' is one i'd love to grow. What can I send you?

Cody, I have a list of things that I need to email to you. I thought I already emailed it, but as hectic as the week has been, maybe not. Did I tell you about the grass I have??
    Sorry about your mom's reaction to all your work. Maybe she was just having a bad day. Hopefully she has since realized that without you there wouldn't be these fabulous gardens and wonderful plant collections.
    We all appreciate you & your work Cody. : )

Shirley, you know I need 'Firebird'. What can I send you?

I still have so much catching up to do and thanking and etc. I really have to go get ready for my sister's big day, but as soon as I get a break in the action i'll be back.

Happy Friday!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Dawn, what a terrible neighbor!!! I know sometimes people turn a blind eye when your garden gets damaged. They think it is not worth any $$. But YOU GOT HURT!! That is absolutely the worst thing!!! How could even someone who is unkind not feel bad and apologetic about that? I just can't say how bad I feel about this happening to you and I wasn't envolved. LOL
    I hope you do move soon. Sounds nice to live next to your parents. We moved back to raise our kids next to grandparents and my siblings. Never regretted that.

I know they say that since the 2 big hurricanes that building prices have gone up alot. Maybe buying a house now and adding on later when the prices stabilize would be something to think about. (financhial advice from the news).

I don't think I mentioned that I had one of my Brugs bloom that I started from seed. It is white and big! My family was amazed.

Also, yesterday I had my first bearded iris bloom for the season. Don't know its name - white (came labeled as superstition -LOL) Very bad iris year for me. :o(

sharon/tma

• skohler
    18 years ago

anita
    here is what I have found of this plant when it matures
    starting to get cold here & if anyone wants the plant for postage let me know .
    {{gwi:1301473}}

Dawn : yes you thanked me & your welcome .
    ty also
    susie

ps :
    any idea of when the next swap is going to be ?

• marybz5ny
    18 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    A brisk morning here, but sun is out and it is warming up quickly. Chin up Jo and Anita - chilly now but it's supposed to be in the mid 70's this weekend and close to 80 for some days next week. Fall is definitely in the air here though.

Shirley, I emailed you about the cannas right after you posted the list before. Are you still having email trouble? I was wondering why I didn't hear back from you - thought maybe you were just busy! I was interested in these if you still have them:
    *Scarlet's Rib
    *Angel Pink
    *Australia
    *Conestoga

Marea, I'd love some from you as well if you have extras of any of these:
    *Pink Sunburst
    *Tyrol
    *Amazon Butterfly
    *Topaz
    Let me know what you might like in trade or postage. Thanks so much!

Dawn, what a terrible ordeal! I can't imagine that poor dogs panic to find himself in a pond in the darkness all tangled in a net. And oh, your poor arm! Then to have your neighbor have attitude with you... Some people in life are just not worth listening to when they talk.

Jo, would LOVE the yellow hibiscus if you still have it! Let me know what you'd like.

Awesome trade boxes coming in from everyone!

Better get a move on. We're heading out for camping this weekend and want to be on the road by around 2:00. Still lots to do!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    MaryB

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

marea
    i'd love tirol/tyrol, amazon butterfly, topaz, tropical sunrise, tropicanna gold!!

dawn
    i never got a list from you!!

• juspeachy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

HI Everyone,

A quick post.

Sue,
    Anita, and I would both like one of your candle plants. She posted earlier, and it never came through, so she asked me to post for her. Maybe you could throw them both in my box, and I can take Anita's over to her on Tuesday. We live just 40 min. from each other, and spend a lot of our free time together. It will save you and us on postage.

I got a most awesome box from Cathy, today.
    She sent:
    A HUGE clump of Darius DL
    A HUGE clump of an unknown DL
    A cute little birdhouse plant pick
    A marker made out of tin and chicken wire to hold a seed packet or name tag
    An adorable little pumpkin
    A very pretty autumn leaf garland
    2 linen napkins in autumn colors
    A large bag of hershey kisses
    A bag of most delicious pumpkin pie fudge-YUMMIE
    A bag of Lindor Truffles-white chocolate-DLB. YUMMIE(I am guarding these from my DD, and DH)
    A large bag of plant food

Thank you so much Cathy, I loved everything (Esp. the Truffles)

Well, back to work,

Jo

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Just popped in to say hi and congratulate everyone on the awesome boxes they are getting and sending. Looks like those judges are going to have their work cut out for them.

Anita, my brugs finally decided to bloom for me. They are awesome. Had a frost warning last night and just cringed. ONe of the cutting that you sent last year is bigger than me and has tons of buds on it. Another one is no bigger than the day it arrived but has been setting buds for over a month. Go figure.

Debbie, you will love that corkscrew vine....mine just bloomed the other day and it is neat looking. From the looks of things you already love your spacecoast. LOL

Are we doing a halloween swap this year???????

Cindy, I don't know how I managed to miss some of these while I was there....is there a bed I don't know about? :) Just teasing....I love every one I got. Gonna get Johns box together sunday. Canned some more stuff this morning and made some HOT just for him. HOpe they turn out to be yummy.

Have to say that bouquet is awesome. Can't imagine being able to cut that and put it together so pretty. Besides the fact, it kills me to cut anything. :) Sherri

• mareas
    18 years ago

Sherri, YES! Let's do a Traveling Daylilies Holloween Swap again! Do you want to organize it or help with that?

I have so much to comment about all ya'll said - but gotta run fast tonight. Must tell you all, tho, that my favorite daylily seller showed me a photo of his ruffled purple/red seedling that is TWELVE INCHES ACROSS! I've already asked him to send it to me to propagate for him. LOL! ~m'

• mareas
    18 years ago

OOps - my favorite daylily seller is actually flowersforme123

but pjinpa who is now pjinsc has foot wide flowers. ~m'

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Yes, It is me back again, What will our next swap be???Yes I did post a big long one to Dawn. But I see it did not go, I have ben up since 3:30am, I will try again in the morning,

Yes, Susie, Jo is correct, I would LOVE 1-2 for postage....

Have to fall asleep.:)Anita

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

OHHH Marea you are going to be sent to the corner, glad you corrected.

Sharon-I first posted that I had some cannas if anyone was interested and MaryB and Cody are the only two that said yes they were. So that was why I then posted the list addressed with their names. I would love to have some daylilies and If you are interested I will trade you Eskimo Kisses for Century House. I will check on everyones cannas tomorrow may even get some mailed.

I am baby sitting my little punkin tomorrow. Dawson's Mom and Dad are taking 20 teens to Six Flags. Pity them.

MaryB-No I did not get your e-mail but I did receive one from Debbie on the cannas.

Jo-I have sent your box already but can still send the cannas if you want. LMK

Anita-Cleopatra is my husbands favorite canna. He loves the way the bloom is different. Sometimes it will all be red, then half red/half yellow. It is kinda cool. Should have that one for you.

Honestly I have better luck leaving the cannas in the ground. I cannot overwinter them. They just dry up.

Night All I'm going to need my rest running a 16 month old tomorrow.

Shirley

• User
    18 years ago

First, I have to thank Deni in a HUGE way for the wonderful package of daylilies I received in the mail yesterday. Holy Cow, what a selection! And, don't apologize for tiny fans ever again, Deni, they're healthy and just perfectly sized to fit right into the beds. Thank you!

Now for my other news--I've been promoted to the position of Director of Nursing at one of my corporations facilities. I just completed my first week, which has been a whirlwind of activity. So much to do, but such a great population and caring staff. I'm cautiously optimistic about things.

My BIGGEST news yet (possibly ever, up to this point in my life): I'm going to be a GRANDMOTHER at the end of May!!!!
    Danny and Alicia told us on Wednesday and I've just been floating on air since.

Now, a question to all you experienced grandmothers, what does your grandchild call you? Our family already has a Grandma, Belita and Nana so I need something different. I do have a bit of time to decide, no hurry.

• namso
    18 years ago

Good morning all,

Dianne, a big congrat's to you!

Sharon, loved that basket & mums. beautiful pic. thanks for the water lily tip...i will try that next year. :).

Carol - that puppy is adorable!

Dawn - ouch! i hope your arm is feeling better and you find what you are looking for in a new property.

Marea/Tana - love Becky Lynn. Always beaufiful and outdid itself this year even in the drought. might have even done better.

Cody - hope things have worked out with mom. Oh and congrats on the Shore of Time win. thats a deal!

Sherri - gotta hide a few from you to keep you coming back:). and im sure John will love his HOT box. Thanks.

Box update (final for me) - G sending you email with my top 3 pics for the _______ _________award box. Work is going to be really busy for me for the next 2 weeks or so...heading off there now.

Shirley picked Canna - REC'D - oooh la la score of _____!
    MaryB picked Debbie - REC'D - outstanding score of _____!
    Canna picked Cody - REC'D -impressive score of _____!
    Jean picked Dawn - REC'D - awesome score of ________!
    Dawn picked marea - REC'D - wow score of _______!
    Marea picked Tanarae - REC'd -were in a pickle now _______!
    Debbie picked Shirley - REC'D - scrambled score of ______!
    Cody picked Jean - REC'D- amazing score of ______!
    Jo picked Cathy - REC'S - mighy and delicous score of ____!
    Anita picked MaryB - REC'D - terrific score of ____!
    MaryS picked Anita - REC'D - wonderful score of _____!
    Deni picked Sue
    Sue picked Ellen
    Ellen picked Deni
    Tanarae picked Jo - REC'D - super duper score of ____!
    Cathy picked MaryS

Catalina - new here but really liked

Cindy O/namso

• TakingRoot
    18 years ago

Morning All,

Trying to post a bit more often.....

Been waiting for the sun to come up to do some mulching and create 2 new beds, then off to pick up a few flats of pansies and mums, and one of the local nursery's is having a Fall Festival I want to check out.

Then it's off to pick up my granddaughter's birthday gift, today is her 4th birthday. She loves Dora the Explorer, so needless to say everything is with that theme in mind, the cake, etc.

I'm a proud new "Auntie", she's only 2 lbs...10 weeks early but doing good.

Diane, CONGRATS on being a new grandmother! I love being a "Nana"!

I have plenty of Florence Vaughn Canna's if anyone is interested and a few banana pups.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and productive day!

Remember: "All things grow with love!"

Jaye

• skohler
    18 years ago

Good Morning
    Cindy How can you do a final 3 pick :(( when some of us
    haven't recieved our boxes :)))
    I sent deni's box out to her & as she cannot post
    what I sent to her can not be posted .
    lookes as if my emails are getting
    lot in the suffle ,for no one is putting a rec by deni's
    name since she cannot post.
    Please Not that She did rec Her box from me ok :)))
    well very busy day today . looks as everyone is
    getting some really great boxes .
    happy gardening
    susie

• onesherri
    18 years ago

congrats to all the new aunts and grandmas. :) Nothing like a new baby to bring the family together and make everyone smile.

Mereas, I wouldn't mind helping with it. I am not sure that I am organized enough to do it alone though. :) Anyone interested in signing up for it?

And girl we need the inside scoop for this guy growing 12 inch daylilies. :) I have seen pics of a few but never seen any over probably 9 inches actually in bloom. Sherri

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Morning all!

Diane, CONGRATS! I predict your new joy will be born on May 10th, my b-day! LOL!

I have a seedling that I am getting rid of. This one was the only one I have pulled this year. I need room and this one just doesn't strike my fancy so, if no one wants it, to the compost it goes! There are about 12-14 fans.

Siloam Regan Ratcliff X Hampton Hocus Pocus

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I want that daylilly seedling how could she not strike your fancy?
    Cindy where did you get catalina? that is my daughters name so would love to buy one. I got three darling days from Deni, a ding dong bonus. thankyou Deni I love them. got one puppy left, letting it out of the pen to run around house with my new puppy no one should have 2 puppies. I buy mine a toy every week but they still eat my shoes. I am barefoot and wanna be in the haloween swap.

• juspeachy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Morning,

(((Diane)))
    HUGE congrats!!! How about "Grandi" or "Nandi"? (keep the "DI" in there to help identify you to the little one.
    Grandkids are soooo much fun. Some of the things they ask you are just hysterical, even more so than the things our kids used to ask.

Jaye,
    Congrats to you too, many prayers for the little one to keep on doing well, and to grow into a strong healthy baby.

Mary B,
    The little yellow guy is yours. I will see if I have anything else I have you might want, and send you the list.

Marea,
    I have not forgotten you, I will get you a list too. I am off to work in just a bit, will send you both a list tomorrow morning.

Have a great day everyone,

Jo/juspeachy

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

dddaaaawwwwwwnnnnn
    you NEED to email me very soon or we'll end up having to wait. it's supposed to start freezing anytime now!!!

marea
    is there anything else from my list that you would want for those cannas mentioned above?

shirley
    do you want postage or a trade for the cannas you offered?

oriental opulence
    prairie moonlight
    red baron
    black eye
    prairie blue eyes
    late summer
    simply pretty
    full moon magic
    joylene nichole
    beloved ballerina
    small wonder
    miami heat
    salmon sunrise
    bonanza
    matt
    spacecoast sunshine
    gentle shepherd
    siloam double classic
    siloam ethel smith
    karen sue
    annie welch
    corryton pink
    dolly vardon
    lavender dew

these need to go! i'd be willing to trade for named epis, harder to find brugs, named orchids (i'd send multiples of course), nepenthes. i need to restock the greenhouse!

• namso
    18 years ago

Carol, Catalina -what a beautiful name for your daughter. I got through my club as a sf, but googled for you. Several vendors ive heard of, but only one ive bought from -the shooters. hopefully link below. not pricey - $8. i thought it was really lovely.
    do have shoes for trade though....mostly garden ones...or those that have become such..size 9.....comfortable ones are special trade only. would trade for Jelly Maker if you order that one while shopping at Marietta lol. :)

Susie - help. do not see post or email. i missed you somewhere. And ..g did call this weekend as closing for prize earlier in the week..
    ..also i am only a judgette :)...the Judge Major, Big Kahuna, Leader amoung Leaders is G - it is her box to score.

Cindy O/namso

Here is a link that might be useful: marietta gardens

• msbernard
    18 years ago

It has been a wonderful Saturday. I woke up this morning to a steady rain. My DH is working at his 'job' at the Wild Angel. It is an antique store on Main Street which makes him smile. Our grandaughter Megan turned 14 today and she chose to spend the day at the Ochoco (oh-cha-coe)Humane Society as a volunteer. You have to be 14 to be able to sign up as a volunteer. I dropped her off drove down off the high rimrocks surrounding Ochoco Valley to home. When I walked into the back porch the phone was ringing. It was her. I needed to bring a pair of jeans up to her as she had been "urinated on". Those were her own words. Megan lives with us from September to June for school. Then she goes home to Bend for the summer.

I am still in a flower fever. This time it is peonies. The past 3 years I have been fortunate enough to get some really nice peonies from a really nice man who is active in the Peony Society and has a 'propagation' bed. His prices are Santa-like This year when I emailed him about his 2005 sale he replied he was not going to have a sale this year BUT because we are fellow Central Oregonians he was going to send me some of his roots for postage only. I almost fell off my Birkenstocks. He's sending Bartzella; Mackinac Grand, Old Faithful, Raspberry Charm; Salmon Dream; Walter Mains, Coral Sunset and Mary Jo Legare. I haven't slept hardly a wink in 2 days. What a generous man he is. Oh my goodness - I am in a state. Where oh where am I going to put them. That is a story that is not news.

My next door neighbor Dee Dee just had her 84th birthday and her daughter Judy made her a concrete rubarb leaf which is just awesome. I understand somewhere on GardenWeb is a forum on hypertufa which I need to find. It all sounds very creative which I am not but if that forum's members are as great as all my new friends here maybe they'll have lots of hands-on experience to share come next April or May.

I have been also thinking about trying some 'hybidizing' of my own. You all post pictures of some of the prettiest babies I've seen and you make it sound pretty easy. So Megan and I are going to spend some of our winter down time studying up on that too.

And! And most important today is me needing clarification from Sharon/tma about her iris blooming. I have been wowing at the idea of being somewhere in this great nation of ours with a blooming iris. I was really jazzed when I read that post.

I am on cruise control here until spring. Winter - well if we didn't have a winter... I can't think. Winter is not something I enjoy at all. Cold causes much pain. Our house will be a hundred years old soon. We have a wood stove in our living room for heat. Our neighbors giggle when they see the front door open when it is 20 below.

Cannas are only in my dreams. I enjoy hearing about them and which ones you have and which ones you want and which ones you're trading. I look them all up just for practice. I cannot grow anything the least bit tropical here. But dreaming is nice too.

Then there is the issue of a Halloween trade. What do you folks do now (maybe not 'now' for the majority of my 'tropical friends) that the season for plant trades is over???
    SherryB/ msbernard

• ellenh
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!

Jo, glad you like the box! That's not creeping phlox that the pink creeping baby's breath you wanted. Loved your box. Everything's already planted and in the ground.

Shirley - got any Australia and musafolia left???? I'd love some.

Anita - hang in there. I'm sure things will work out in the end.

Suzie - your box is going to go out Monday. Hope you like it. I went to a plant swap today and got some cool things to include.

Sherry - glad to see that you're back and liked my box from the last swap - (alright I'm a little behind)

Dianne - congrats!

Gotta run - exhausted from my plant swap today. I have a TON of planting to do tomorrow.

Ellen

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Jo, I think they are asking the questions earlier....makes it harder to explain and since they have no understanding of it, it is funnier. :) Seems kids are smarter these days....maturing way to fast.

Sherry, I think for the halloween swap, at least for what I had in mind is things like seeds, bulbs, candy, recipes, anything fallish and of course something halloweenish. :) If you like halloween, it can be fun to put together a spooky box to ship out. :)Sherri

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Morning all!

Carol, you got 'em! Thank you for adopting my seedling. I'll send them out tomorrow. I live on a small city lot and have to really be careful with space. I have to leave a little grass for my kidos to play :).

Dawn, you just need to move down to Tennessee! There is a house about 1/2 a block from me that is for sale. I think it has 3 acres and horses for neighbors. Plenty of golf courses to mow! Lots of Steeler fans! LOL!

SherryB, sounds like a great Saturday and a wonderful granddaughter! I wish more teens were like her. I have done a few hypertufa leaves and I am even thinking of doing a few today. It has cooled off and my Elephant ears will be toast soon when frost comes. It is really easy to do and lots of fun. I have pictures somewhere of one I did last year.

We had demolition Saturday here. The house looks terrible! But, I have new windows! Siding will be going on next weekend.

• mareas
    18 years ago

Happy Sunday every one!
    Got a note from our own Momma G (who is fighting high blood pressure & killer headaches again) that she was thinking a Container Contents swap would be fun this month: sending the bulbs and seeds to do like three layers and plant sticks etc to plant one nice container for your porch or patio - of course along with Holloween goodies.
    Good idea??? Sounds like great minds think alike, Sherri!!

SherryB - Your grand daughter got peed on by a humane society rescue for her birthday? What a wonderful world! I hope your Mom is all settled in now and you can breath again. Next summer you are growing cannas.

Canna - Your DS with DS size demolition hammer is so cute! Congratulations on fancy new windows!

About my cannas: I will mail you interested parties boxes when I get some money again. I don't want to trade these - just share them & get a piece back when I'm ready - hopefully that equals at long last moved! marea

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

what about expanding it a bit to any container plant, not just bulbs? i don't have room for forcing and no good places for over wintering, everything is either too hot or too cold. if yall'd rather stick with the original, thats fine with me too.

dawn
    i'll email you tonight!

marea
    i'll send your stuff out on tuesday. sorry about the delay!

carol
    i got your money. your seeds will most likely go out tomorrow.

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Good Morning Everyone.

I would like to offer DAYLILY SEEDS to everyone. I know several others have already offered these, but mine have finally finished maturing. Still have one pod on Darla Anita. Please let me know soon, I will be dividing and mailing them out early Friday morning.

Gloria, hope you feel better soon.

Canna, ohhh, new windows and siding. You will feel like you are living in a new house.

SherryB, I thought the iris bud was a late gladiola till it bloomed. The only iris I had bloom this year were siberian. Not one of my bearded Iris bloomed?! Till now that is. We had one cool day in the 60's and now we are in the 80's again for a couple more days. This is August weather! I would post a pic. of the iris, but it is totally boring, just a white iris amongst my dieing fall garden. YOur GD sounds like a wonderful teenager. It must be nice to have her around for the school year.

12 INCH DAYLILIES - I want in on that one too! LOL

Dianne, Congrats on becoming a Grandma. I know this isn't too exciting but my family calls the Grandparents by their last names .. ie. Grandma & Grandpa Cook and Grandma & Grandpa Mac (short for MacEachran). My kids did the same thing. Someday I hope to be called Grandma Dolan. (I hope that day is a long way off!)
    Also, congrats on the new job.

I would love to be in the Halloween swap. I will be out shopping today for it. Halloween is my favorite Holiday.

Sharon/tma

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Sounds to me like we are all on the same page just different wording?????? Maybe.....maybe not. :) I know I don't have any extra room indoors this winter with these humungous brugs that Anita sent me last year. :) Then the trays of daylily seeds will be planted and so this old computer room will be full. :) Hopefully not of bugs. :(
    Anyone have any good preparation ideas for me for bringing this stuff in so I don't have critters all winter?

Have signed up for the swap?
    Merea
    Carol
    me...of course
    Sharon
    Gloria????
    Codi????
    Cindy.....not sure if you had time or not.....come out, come out wherever you are. :)
    Anyone else???????Sherri

• onesherri
    18 years ago

Ooooooooops forgot.....Sharon are all your seeds tagged? If they are I would love to have some of them. Last year was my first year with the seed, had fun. Sherri

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

Most of the Daylily seeds I'm offering have both parents named. A few only have the mama parent with unknown pollen parent.
    Sharon

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

ooooh sharon, are you offering anything with zephyrs song as one of the parents?? i would love some of those!!

i'll sign up for the halloween swap too!

cody

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Please sign me up for the halloween swap also.

Sharon I want some daylily seeds also. Did you see my post about your daylily Century House? Will trade a single fan of eskimo kisses for a single fan of it.
    WIll be sending out some cannas today.

Shirley

• nyvoices99
    18 years ago

Done