SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rembetika

just a thank you for all the help-- success! :)

rembetika
18 years ago

i just want to say THANKS to all the folks on here for all your helpful information. i harvested my first bin a couple months ago (bought another rubbermaid bin, drilled holes, filled it with fresh bedding & food, and put it under the first bin... although i did have to help them along & separate by hand)... anyway they have already devoured the new bin in twice the time (and they've multiplied like crazy).. i love the sound of them working when i open the bin to check on them!

and also,, the feel of the finished castings.... ooooooooh! at first i wasn't sure how to tell if it was ready, or if i was pulling the worms out too soon, or leaving them in too long, etc.. but luckily the worms are very forgiving & seem to not be too picky! but once you see first-hand what the "stuff" is supposed to feel like, it makes sense... wonderfully spongy and almost like fluffy cookie dough, easy to mold. i used some of it (just mixing it in w/ water & pouring on plants) but it's too soon to tell how much it's made a difference. i'm stretching the "stuff" out, and still have some left... and just today even pulled a handful of new worms out from that (don't want to waste any!) & put 'em back in the working bin.

also, every time we finish a roll of paper towels, i pull apart the cardboard roll & put it in there. it's so cool how low-maintenence they are...!!!

pretty soon it'll be time to give some of these guys away & help someone else start a bin of their own.

thanks again!

Comment (1)