SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

NEW: 'Pick a Seed, any Seed & Pay it Forward' Robin

17 years ago

I'd like to organize a simple round robin which would simply be like a big honkin SASBE going around.

How it will work:

I'll start with 20 packs of seeds or more.

I'll send it to person #1, who takes out what they like, and replaces with the same # of packets or more that they'd like to share in the Robin.

They send it to person #2, who does the same thing.

I'd like to have a good number of folks for this one.

My plan will be to send the Robin around 1 and a half times so that the first people will also have a chance to pick from the offerings at the end, which would likely be a bigger selection than they got to choose from initially (follow that?).

Post here if you'd like to participate; all are welcome to post until the end of the month, and I'll start it on October 1st.

Comments (85)

• 17 years ago

Ok, next group; email is sent.
    Zabecc- I sent yours via a 'reply' to a recent email correspondence from our trade. Hopefully you'll get that one.

Maryanne, are you using aol or yahoo? Double-check that it didn't end up in your junk folder, as I use yahoo, and occasionally, GW emails end up in there.

Jeanie74- Your email here at GW is blocked. Would you kindly email me privately through 'My Page' here, or double-check your profile here at GW if you don't want your email blocked. Thanks!

• 17 years ago

Wait!!!!!!!! Is there room for one more?

And can I put in more than I take out? I have a lot of seeds to give away.

• Related Discussions

HAVE: Paying it Forward--Pick Ten

Q

Comments (21)
    Posted by seedmoney 8A (seedmoney@embarqmail.com) on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 15:45 This offer is now closed. Tip...when responding to any seed trade or 'offer' it is a good idea to scan through the posts in the thread to see if the OP (Original Poster) has updated, changed, or closed the offer...as in this case.
    ...See More

An invite to a Seed Robin

Q

Comments (5)
    I totally didn't mean to hone in on any already-pending swaps! I hope I'm not intruding :( Anyway, if you can, you can, if you can't, no biggie. That's why there's a miriad of swaps going all over these boards! To everyone: If you haven't joined any swaps yet, do check them all out; there's one sure to fit your 'style!' Have a great fall "SWAP SEASON" everyone! ~mmq
    ...See More

NEW: Everyone welcome Seed Round Robin

Q

Comments (120)
    I've posted the seed pics on 3 different forums but still havent gotten an ID yet. I've tried searching seed ID web sites also but no luck. I'm really really curious! Help anyone, anyone ??? There was only one seed of each type. Think I'll plant the white one and see what i get....such anticipation! hope it grows something wonderful :)
    ...See More

NEW: seed robin exchange!

Q

Comments (58)
    Sunshine 123: It has been 3 weeks since you said you were going to send out my seeds, and they still have not arrived. You don't have an email address listed so I can't notify you privately. By any chance did you forget to send them? I know that life happens; but it is extremely disheartening to be waiting for something and it never arrives. Sherri : (
    ...See More
  • 17 years ago

i use neither aol nor yahoo. my address is on my page clear as can be :)

• 17 years ago

I haven't received an email either.

• 17 years ago

Squanzon- You already got it and replied back to me ;)

Maryanne- I just sent another email direct from here, and from my mail service. I hope one of them reaches you! (3rd time lucky, right?)

• 17 years ago

I'll try to send this notice out individually to everyone, but here's a couple of points on this Robin: There will only be one envie going around. One BIG envie, hopefully!
    You may certainly put in more than you take out!
    Also, you may put in duplicates if you have them, because there may be someone out there planting 'en masse' or more than one of us that likes what you put in!
    Cost shouldn't run us more than $3 postage, at best, but no guarantees if we're all super-generous in our replacements!
    Delivery Confirmation is a must.

We'll get into more details later, but those are the basics. Actually, that's pretty much most of the details- LOL!
    The list is getting nice and long; please feel free to join- there's PLENTY of time left! Train doesn't leave the station until October 1st!

• 17 years ago

I'd like to join too!
    Barbi

• 17 years ago

still NO...certainly don't understand it. not one of three that you sent.

i'll pass on this, thanks.

maryanne

• 17 years ago

I would love to join!

Ginger

• 17 years ago

Maryanne- Let's try using the link on MY page. Try emailing me from here, and I'm sure we can get you on this train in short order.

• 17 years ago

I posted earlier but have not recievec an e-mail yet. Am I in?

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• 17 years ago

simplylisa- I just sent you an email from my regular mail. Please post if you still don't get it.

Ginger & Barbi- Watch for email in a minute.

• 17 years ago

The following bodies are confirmed for participation thus far (We've got 2 full weeks to sign up more, so post here if you'd like to participate!)

Sandra R
    Stephanie M
    Lauri McL
    Julie S
    Wendey R
    Sara K
    Kimberly I
    Elizabeth G
    Jeanene B
    Deb A
    Lisa M
    Nancy T
    Tina B
    Candy S
    Jen B
    Ordella K
    Daphne H
    Brenda J
    Joyce J
    Michelle R
    Debbie C
    Susan P

If you don't see your name on this list, please reply to the email you received from me to confirm your participation. If you did NOT receive the email, please post here, or email me through 'my page' and we'll get you set up that way.

Onward with signups!!!

• 17 years ago

...Sorry Sue G- you were on 'Page 2' of my yahoo mail listing!

Confirmed: Sue G.

:)

• 17 years ago

yay... i'm getting so excited... and i LOVE the idea of sending it around twice!!!

• 17 years ago

Hi,
    sorry about that I reset my preferences so I should be able to recieve email now

Jeanie

• 17 years ago

Jeanie- you've got mail.
    jselwa & dorothy- I haven't heard back from you yet; did the email come through?

• 17 years ago

Hi, you said you sent me the email and that I responded but I don't see my name on the list.

Waaaaaahhhhhhh - I'm confused.

• 17 years ago

cut/paste from above:

...and Sue

Posted by mmqchdygg Z5NH (My Page) on Mon, Sep 18, 06 at 11:43

...Sorry Sue G- you were on 'Page 2' of my yahoo mail listing!
    Confirmed: Sue G.

:)

• 17 years ago

Count me in too!

Dorothy

• 17 years ago

Hi Dorothy- Welcome to the Robin! Love to have you! I need to send you an email with a couple details. Your email here at GW is blocked. Would you either email me directly through my page, or check your profile if you didn't realize your email is blocked. Thanks!

• 17 years ago

Ok, all smiles now

• 17 years ago

tina, you e-mailed me from your work and i did in fact answer. did you get that?

maryanne

• 17 years ago

Maryanne-
    We have REALLY good firewalls, but it should have come through. I didn't see it in my junk folder nor in my quarantine box. I just changed my settings and added your email addy so it should come through. Please resend.
    (Did you maybe have an 'S' on the end of my name? Sometimes people put an S on there. There isn't one.)

• 17 years ago

I would love to join the Robin.

dem_pa

• 17 years ago

HelloIwould like to join.skyblue52
    SBentz@webtv.net

• 17 years ago

no t, i just hit reply to yours. i am definitely going to pass on this one. i've never seen so much of a hassle with e-mail. maybe another time. thanks for trying again though, i do appreciate that.

maryanne

• 17 years ago

Maryanne- I feel really lousy about this; I'm not sure where the problem might be. I hope we can hook up again on another Robin sometime. :(

dem_pa and skyblue52- you've got mail

Dorothy 1 and Dorothy 2 (I feel like I'm in the movie Twister...LOL!)
    I haven't heard back from either of you on your participation. D1- I sent you email; D2- Your email here at GW is still blocked.
    Please email me from my page here and we'll get you set up.

Still taking sign-ups til Sept 30th!

• 17 years ago

Count me in! Thanks!

• 17 years ago

Please count me in.This is my first robin.sounds like fun.
    moonphase

• 17 years ago

Hi,
    Would LOVE to join the Robin -- will be my first one too!
    I am excited about it!
    Mildred
    millybug ----- mandwpolk@aol.com

• 17 years ago

I sent you an email attached to yours as well as this one to make sure we communicate. You have a Brenda J on your list but not Brenda S. Let me know if I am not on the list, please. Thanks.

• 17 years ago

Please add me to the fun!
    etravia@hotmail.com
    Thank you!

• 17 years ago

May I play as well?
    I'd love to get in on this!
    Have a few extras to put in myself.
    Emailing my info to you....
    Susann

Here is a link that might be useful: DizzyDaffodil trade list

• 17 years ago

Me too. Sounds super. Alice, aka Michiganalice

• 17 years ago

Michiganalice, dizzydaffodil, etravia, millybug, moonphase and schmily- You've got mail.

Brenda S- You're good to go

Confirmations to this post:

Alice McG
    Amy B
    Barbi C
    Brenda J
    Brenda S
    Candy S
    Daphne H
    Deb A
    Debbie C
    Donald M
    Elizabeth G
    Ginger W
    Jeanene B
    Jeanie L
    Jen B
    Joyce J
    Julie S
    Kate W
    Kimberly I
    Lauri McL
    Lisa L
    Lisa M
    Lonetta A
    Michelle R
    Nancy T
    Ordella K
    Sandra R
    Sara K
    Stephanie M
    Sue G
    Susan B
    Susan P
    Susann H
    Tina B
    Wendey R

I have not heard back from:
    jselwa
    dorothy_2006
    drevalvo
    etravia
    moonphase
    millybug
    schmily

Still a few days left to sign up!
    (FYI- I'd like to have all confirmations back by the 30th. Ie: You may certainly sign up right up til the 30th. I just need to hear back from you by the end of the day so I can get the Robin ready for flight on Sunday...)

Thanks everyone!

• 17 years ago

Not yet confirmed for participation:

jselwa
    dorothy_2006
    drevalvo
    etravia
    moonphase
    millybug face>color>
    schmily- Ann G, you're now on the 'Confirmed' list

• 17 years ago

I'm in as well! This sounds like alot of fun! Thanks for the idea!

• 17 years ago

Hi,
    I cannot find an e mail but very much want to be included.
    millybug
    mandwpolk@aol.com

• 17 years ago

Update Tuesday 9/26 @ 11:46am:

jselwa
    dorothy_2006
    drevalvo
    millybug
    prairiewinds

etravia
    moonphase
    schmily- Ann, Annette, and Maggie, you're now on the 'Confirmed' list

• 17 years ago

There is still time to sign up! Please post here, and I'll send you the intro mailing. Robin takes flight on October 1st!

ANNOUNCEMENT:
    For those confirmed for participation:

I am currently working on "THE MAP." I will be sending to the farthest reaches of the US first, so that no one is stuck sending it cross-country. We'll work our way back to New England from there. You will all get a .pdf file of the map just for fun to track our progress. Stay tuned!

• 17 years ago

If you have an AOL or AIM address, and are not yet confirmed for participation, please use the link on "My Page" (mine, not yours) to send me a direct email. It appears that GW mailings are being blocked by AOL for whatever reason.

dorothy_2006 and Millybug, I have added you to my AIM "buddy list" for the moment so maybe we can hook up that way.
    drevalvo- Your profile still has your email blocked here at GW. If you would like to participate, please email me through "My Page," or unblock your email so I can reach you.
    I don't want anyone to be left out!

• 17 years ago

Oh, I'm getting excited. My closest co-worker is slowly downsizing her garden, & here I have all these grand plans to start a bazillion seeds! She thinks I'm crazy LOL. I scored a bunch of different coneflowers from her though! Yahoo!

• 17 years ago

A map to follow the package progress?! What a neat idea!
    This is going to be SO MUCH fun!!!

• 17 years ago

I'm excited!

• 17 years ago

I'm on board...I may be the caboose...but I'm on board!

• 17 years ago

Thursday morning 9/28 9am:

jselwa
    dorothy_2006
    drevalvo
    prairiewinds color>size>

Prairiewinds- Check your bulk mail folder in Yahoo in case the mailing landed there. I use yahoo, too, and sometimes GW messages land in that folder.

• 17 years ago

drevalvo- you're confirmed.

Jen, dorothy_2006, and prairiewinds: I still haven't heard back from you. Please use "My page" (mine) to contact me directly so we can get you confirmed for participation.

• 17 years ago

Hi mmqchdygg,

I e-mailed you on Sept 28 through your "My Page" E-mail expressing my interest...did you receive it?

I would love to jump on board if there is still room. Can you let me know if I'm in time to play?

Thanks!

Kristen (KayEmEll)

• 17 years ago

Kristen- You're all set.

This Robin is now closed. As I have not heard back from Jselwa, Dorothy_2006, and prairiewinds, I will have to send the Robin on its way. If Jselwa, D_2006 and prairie would still like to participate for the second round, you may certainly do so; just get in touch with me, and I'll get you included for Round 2.

Otherwise, thank you all for your participation, this Robin is now closed, and watch your email & snail mails for more fun stuff!