SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

UPDATE: #2 Our Bloomin Friends: "Storybooks"

canyonwind
9 years ago

Mary,

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory departed Southern California yesterday afternoon. Delivery should be Thursday.........................

Tracking # 9114 9012 3080 3969 0923 45

I carried the following over from Jeannes update yesterday.

Swap to be sent by Jeanne SENT
** Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland chosen by Erica

Swap to be sent by Nicole RECEIVED BY SHERI
** Big Red Barn chosen by Sheri

Swap to be sent by Annie SENT
** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chosen by Mary

Swap to be sent by Margo
**If You Give a Mouse a Cookie chosen by Susan

Swap to be sent by Shirley
** Jake Hatches a Plan chosen by NonnaG

Swap to be sent by Mary
** Linnea in Monet’s Garden chosen by Shirley

Swap to be sent by Susan
** Magic Locket chosen by by Jayeanne

Swap to be sent by Jayeanne - SENT
** Pinkalicious chosen by Margo

Swap to be sent by Sheri RECEIVED BY JEANNE
** Pinocchio chosen by Jeanne

Swap to be sent by Erica RECEIVED BY NICOLE
** Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs chosen by Nicole

Swap to be sent by NonnaG SENT
** The Hungry Caterpiller chosen by Promise

Swap to be sent by Promise
** The Wizard of Oz chosen by Annie

Happy Wednesday!!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Wed, Sep 24, 14 at 10:49

Comments (70)

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Promise, when I sent yours, and the guy asked if it was fragile, he rolled his eyes when I said "don't make it a target" and he stamped it fragile.

Wow, here is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory:
    Two "Golden Tickets" -- California instant lottery tickets LOL
    Coloring pages for my nonexistent grandchildren LOL (giving to children next door) Again, I just asked librarian for coloring pages for the Linnea box, great minds think alike.
    An ergonomic paring knife, just what I needed for slicing tomatoes!
    Enchanting lip balm
    Lavender/witch hazel skin toner
    Mike and Ike fruit candy
    Rainbow of Starburst candy
    Packages of almonds and cashews
    Fleur de Sel sea salt -- I have never had this
    Blueberry Sugar -- wow, looking forward to this, too
    Heath chocolate bars
    Hershey chocolate bars
    Almond roca
    Toothpaste -- its in the story, guys
    Fourteen packs of seeds, including and not limited to: beans, beets, herbs, lettuce, peas, perilla, radishes, red perilla and tomatoes. So many seeds! Wonderful!

All beautifully wrapped and somehow fit in the envelope. All of it was labeled with clever tie-ins to CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY. Annie thank you so much!

Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 12:40

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Post Office/Package Anxiety! The lady here at my local post office helped me repack my Wizard of Oz package because I didn't originally have it in a Priority Box. Lesson learned! She was very nice about it. She asked me to say something nice about our post office :)

But... After seeing the damage to other packages, my anxiety is extremely high. Ugh. Dear God, please let my packages get to there destinations in one piece!

Annie - I'll get you my pretty... and your little dog too!

Mary - Your package sounds wonderfully delicious. Hopefully you win the lottery!

Jayeanne - Your package looked lovely. We love homemade bread. I'm seeing a trend with toothpaste :)

TGIF!
    Promise

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Our Bloomin' Friends - Jan. Seed Swap

Q

Comments (94)
    Margaret - I am the hostess for March. I will not post anything until the very end of February. For some of us, being able to send a bit later at this time of the year will allow us to send plants, cuttings, etc. so I am trying to time it so the sign up will be early in the month and the mail out deadline will be nearer to the end of March. There will be non-plant options for people who can't send and receive plants in March. Jeanne
    ...See More

UPDATE: We have a name, All My bloomin friends

Q

Comments (47)
    Anita, Thank you. Nobody is to blame. : ) Carol, some rat-tail radish and Centaura 'Black Ball' seeds went out to you today. It's really great to meet internet friends. Grannymarsh and I have seen eachother several times. The first time was to get some "black gold" from us, since we have cows. I saw that she was from the UP too. I've met several of my online garden friends. It's really great! Treasa
    ...See More

update: our bloomin friends new hostesses /2007

Q

Comments (42)
    Deb, please don't sit it out, I don't even like fruitcake, but I have the most scrumptous (sp?) receipe for fruitcake cookies you'll ever eat in your life! I have to bake them EVERY Thanksgiving & Christmas! or I'm just a terrible person! lol Will be glad to give it to anyone that wants it. My ex-husbands mother gave me that receipe 25 years ago, and I still to this day sware that Julie & that receipe are the only good things that came from that misery of a marriage! lol Thank God I got me a good one the 2nd go round! Let me know dear, I'll be happy to email it or post it here. But I guess we do need some options, you could send fruity pebbles!?! lol Just so it is fruity!?! Come on now, Deb.....
    ...See More

UPDATE: Our Bloomin Friends December/Christmas Swap, Part Four

Q

Comments (93)
    Oh my goodness girl, are you crazy? I was only the hostess, not your swap partner. WHAT A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy oh boy, did you jam pack this box and spoil me rotten! I received gold candy coins; an assortment of cocoa mixes; jelly belly Christmas mix; chocolate nut fudge; some mini candy canes and a Christmas pencil. There was also a package of pet greens - wheat seed and a dearly depotted (for the serial plant killer), this is too cool, I have never seen anything like this at all. Okay, this should have been enough, but theres more. A wall calendar; a set of Christmas tile coasters in a holder (these are excellent); a snowman candle and the cutest little bear that counts off the days until Christmas (there are 370 days until Christmas -- ARE YOU READY LOL); and the neatest candy stirrers another something I have never seen before; a magnetic santa notepad; two heresy chocolate bars and a set of candy cane lip gloss (which will feed my chapstick addiction). A wonderful keychain with a beautiful biblical verse on the reverse; a little mini game called "lot to love" (and its NOT a weight thang!); a charm bracelet; an issue of birds and blooms magazine; and the most magnificient smelling mason jar candle in the honeysuckle scent. I love it, its burning now - its smell is just so excellent. Im sitting upstairs and its lit sitting on the dining room table and the scent is just permeating the house. Honeysuckle takes me back to my youth and when I opened the jar, I had some fond, fond memories! I also appreciate the mini swiss army type knife that can go on a keychain. I had something very similar to this that broke off maybe not even a month ago and Im lost without it. This is GREAT!!!!! Wow Susann, you outdid yourself. The rules were "a little token to the host". You really put that over the top. This certainly qualifies as a swap box. I must say each and every one of my bloomin friends has been so kind, generous and giving to me as hostess. I feel so blessed and thank God for each of you. I enjoy our conversations and friendships, whether it is online, through mail or by telephone; and I certainly enjoy getting to know each and everyone of you a little more each and every day. You are all very special ladies, with such loving personalities and traits that rank very high in my book, with hearts of gold and green thumbs. It has certainly been my pleasure hosting this months swap but more so for the love, support and friendship you bring to this group. Ive been spoiled rotten by all the wonderful hostess goodies that I have already enjoyed or will enjoy soon or will treasure for a long time to come. Since everyone has received their swap box from their respective partner, THIS SWAP IS OFFICIAL CLOSED. Onward to fruitier things.take it away klick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with gratitude, maryanne
    ...See More
  • cottonwood468
    9 years ago

LOL I have to enter the 2nd chance lottery on-line!

Erica, remember the vine climbing between the windows of the dining room, in the photo contest? Shortly after that, tendrils started showing up between the blinds, indoors ... now I wake up to the sunshine hitting the red blooms up on the dining room blinds. It is taking over the house.

Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 11:13

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mary,

Did you find the hershey bars???

Did you find the Wild Blueberry Sugar????

I am a big Sea Salt user....Sea Salt is a very nice finishing salt....use just prior to serving. I have many varieties! Veruca Salt from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory would have wanted you to have this Fleur De Sel Sea Salt. Enjoy!

Oh Promise.....
    “Going so soon? I wouldn't hear of it. Why my little party's just beginning." .....says the wicked witch of the west

Annie

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Mary and Erica - My Lionstail has left babies all over my main flower garden.It really is trying to take over the world!!!

Mary - Midway and O'Hare are a mess today.

Annie - Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

Promise

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Annie
    Yes, the Hershey bars ... but there will only be one in the photo, (-; Edited the post above.

AHA, BINGO ... found it found it found it. I found the Blueberry Sugar! Wrapped and IDK how I missed it, playing with the Lavender toner. Almond cookies with Blueberry Sugar anyone? I didn't know there was such a thing.
    (hugs) to Annie

Promise, yeah I woke up a half hour later ... no plane noise. Regional radar center in Aurora shut down. Until at least 7pm. Lead story here.

Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 12:51

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mary,

Great you found the stuff!! Hope the lottery tickets are winners!!

Promise,

Am I a good witch or a bad witch....I suppose it depends on who you are talking too!

Annie

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

Margo I recieved your package and had the best time following along with the gifts. I had a computer virus Trogan that just kept letting things in so I stayed off till all threats are gone. Am disappointed by the loss of items in Jayeannes. I think I.ll eat a twix oh they are all gone :] Susan

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Susan... Just read your email....

Wow this is a mess. Did you get the 3 lockets I made to go with the book dustpan , shopping bag, cookies, and a homegrown Black mountain yellow tomato. Wow I made a mistake on such a light box. The lady at the post office pressed the sides when weighting. Darn. I did not insure it. Well on to next month. Susan

I guess I lost some items along the way?? No...I didnt see any of the items you mentioned (above) in the box...it did have a big tear/hole in it and I see they tried to tape it back shut but I see it didn't work out so well.

I was just reading your post about your storybook...too cute...I was thinking maybe that mouse found its way into my box somewhere along the route and gobbled up the cookies =)

Enjoy your weekend ladies....

Jayeanne

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jeanne, I received my BINGO prize. Cute...cute....post it notes x 2. They are black and red and white and have cherries too.....I always enjoy the prizes you send. Thank you so much!!

Well, I am a very Happy witch right now. The storybook I chose, "The Wizard Of Oz" arrived today.....from Promise! I have a lovely glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc that I will enjoy as I tell you what the nice witch from "Promise" land sent me. It might take me two glasses of vino to get through it, as there is quite a bit of surprise in the box. Here we go......................

*The outside of the box...I was greeted by Glinda, the Good Witch and the Lion...then I opened the box up and each flap welcomed me with pictures and quotes..Somewhere Over The Rainbow....I'll Get You My Pretty.....There's No place Like Home....Follow The Yellow Brick Road......too cute!!

*A Wizard Of Oz 2015 calender...every main character in the book has their own month....even Toto!! Toto deserves his own month as the wicked witch of the west put him through hell.

*Scarecrow on a stick....I just put this in one of my succulent plants in the house....cute...cute!!!!!!!

*A basket with big red poppy flowers. The wicked witch left her mark with her hat buried in the poppies. It should go on the bike that I do not have...so it will go on my treadmill!

*Two blue and white gingham with glittery red ribbon planter pots...darling!!

* Luminessense candle....Apple pie...NICE!

* A box Of SKITTLES....skittles have a rainbow of colors....shall I sing to you, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"....No I shant. Dorothy sings it much better!

*Tornado Twisters (very clever) twist ties.

*Seed bags....I am guessing these are in honor of the old bag of a witch...hehehe.

*A "Journey" photograph book.....a journey always tells a story!

*Sweet Dreams" Herbal Tea bags.......You do all remember Dorothy had a dream??????

*A Magnet of Dorothy and Toto.....this is darling!

*A RED sequin heart applique...would go great with Ruby Red Slippers.......

*Rainbow stickers....Shall I sing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".....No I shant.....Dorothy can sing it over and over and I will never get tired of it!

*A Yellow Rose cutting.....she has been misted and is safe from any bad witches that might be lurking. She will have the name "Promise"...........thank you!!

*A lovely plaque with hanging red sequin ribbon....that says, "There's No Place Like Home"......and if that is not enough.....there are also painted ruby red slippers. Did you make this? Or one of your daughters? I love this!!
    And there is no place like home.......so true!

And then there are Seeds of plenty.....

Crystal Palace Lobelia
    Bean Contender
    Basil Lettuce Leaf
    Beet Tall Top Early Wonder
    Papaver rhoes "Shirley's Double Mix"
    Bells Of Ireland
    CA poppy Carmine King
    Burpee Oriental Poppy Mix
    Lions Tail Wild Dagga
    Cilantro
    Euphorbia Marginata Snow on the Mountain
    Coreopsis Mahogney Midget
    Coleus Rainbow Mix

Promise, absoloutley lovely and fun .........The Wizard Of Oz never goes out of style. Thank you for bringing it to life in my home tonight.

Annie

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Annie - Glad you enjoyed it. I could have just kept packing that box. I love the Wizard of Oz so much. My girls have the cutest pop up book of the story. I would have loved to send you a book but I couldn't find it!

Yes, I painted the plaque. It was fun!

My interpretation of the seeds.
    Poppies - Put Dorothy to sleep
    Lions Tail- Cowardly Lion
    Corepsis tictoria 'Mahogany Midget'- MUNCHKINS
    Bells of Ireland - Emerald City
    Coleus Rainbow Mix -Somewhere over the rainbow
    Euphorbia marginata (Snow on the Mountain) -Snow that wakes up Dorothy

The other seeds were on you want list :)
    Promise

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Really fun, excellent package, Promise! So much fun to see everyone's packages and we still have Mary's and Shirley's to see. Fun!!!

Shirley is doing fine. She's not looking forward to foot surgery. We'll send prayers your way, Shirley. :)

Jeanne, I just can't believe September is wrapping-up! This was a super-fun swap. I hope we can have this theme again sometime. Thank you so much!

Sheri

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Two steps forward, one step back. I'm getting there Shirley.

Mary E.

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

What a great morning seeing all these wondeful packages. All of you are just the best at coming up with ideas. That Wizard of Oz package seems to have the whole story. LOL I need to watch the movie again!

Swap to be sent by Jeanne RECEIVED BY ERICA

Swap to be sent by Annie RECEIVED BY MARY

Swap to be sent by Margo - RECEIVED BY SUSAN

Swap to be sent by Shirley

Swap to be sent by Mary

Swap to be sent by Susan - RECEIVED BY JAYEANNE

Swap to be sent by Jayeanne - RECEIVED BY MARGO

Swap to be sent by NonnaG - RECEIVED BY PROMISE

Swap to be sent by Promise - RECEIVED BY ANNIE

Shirley, are you okay? We haven't heard from you for awhile. When is your surgery?

Everyone have a good weekend. There is Gamecock football today and the sun is out for a change so it sounds like a good day.

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I was wondering where Miss Shirley was.......I remember reading that she was having surgery in October. Prayers for you.......................

I am going to try and post the new OBF swap for October today. I am headed out of town for a few days....let me try and get my act together!!

Thank you again Jeanne for hosting OBF "Storybooks" ..............Wonderful!

Happy Weekend to all!!

Annie

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

I heard from Shirley yesterday, I think she is just busy with all the things she wants to accomplish before Oct.
    Here is the Cardinal Climber vine, found a space between the windows, climbed through the blinds in a very decorative way, blooming in the DR sun.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Annie's awesome CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
    Some chocolate is missing from the picture, LOL.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Mary,

That's a great picture of your cardinal vine! It looks pretty happy snaking its way through your blinds.

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

I see we still have new photos appearing. Love them!
    Jeanne

This post was edited by sandlapper_rose on Sat, Sep 27, 14 at 15:50

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Goodness ladies I am getting so far behind I can't believe September is coming to an end. As you all know I am having foot surgery on Oct. 7th so I am trying to beat that date and get everything done outside. In comes two tulip orders and two daylily orders. I will have all those planted by tomorrow (only like a few tulips left to plant). I promise Nonnag your storybook package will go out on Monday. My Doctor has told me I can not be on my foot at all for 6-8 weeks. I bought some crutches but can't use the hateful things. I hope I get better at using them but doubtful. I am going to borrow a wheelchair from my Aunt and hope I can use it a lot.

Mary E - I will have to look up the Doberman Tulips...have you seen the Ice Cream Tulips? I ordered some and can't wait to see them bloom.

Promise-Your Daughters are darling. I bet you have all kinds of good times with the both of them.

Annie-Nice box representing the Wizard Of Oz Storybook..good job Promise. Everyone has done such a wonderful job with these storybooks.

My Niece had a Going-Away-Dinner for her Son this evening. He is leaving this Tuesday for the Army. Made his mind up 4-5 years ago he was joining after graduation.
    She said she cried all day and I was so sorry for her. I have been there and done that myself.

Shirley

• smitties
    9 years ago

Susan, did you find the seeds at the bottom of the box. I sent a large ziplock with 15+ packages of seeds. I thought if there was anything you couldn't use, you could trade for something you can. I hope they didn't get tossed out with the box.

I am not getting follow up posts again. I am getting frustrated with GW.

Margo

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

Oh Margo I am sorry I did not mention the large amount of seeds and poem for Margos seeds you sent. I loved everything and I wil use alot of the seeds u sent. I wish I could start them now. :) I was so distracted by the loss of the 3 lockets I made for the book for Jayeanne. I can not figure out the 3 large items[ Cracker barrel shopping bag and dust pan and brush and home grown tomato] being gone also. Breathe deep. Life is good. .

• smitties
    9 years ago

Thanks Susan for letting me know. I was afraid they got tossed out.

I wonder if someone decided to help themselves to the things in the box since it was damaged. You would think if those things were found, they could have figured out where it came from.

Shirley, good luck on your surgery and be sure to drop by and give us updates.

Margo

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Susan...from the sounds of this I think someone did just help themselves to things in the box....the right side of the box was torn the whole way open and was re taped. I could tell it was not the tape you had used either. Please do not worry so much- this is not your fault. I am very happy with the things that were in the box and it is the thought that counts =)
    Hugs!
    Jayeanne

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Nonnag-Your storybook package was mailed today, delivery confirmation #9114 9012 3080 1149 8895 87.
    Should be there on Thursday.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

Waiting for one more to be mailed and then both to be received. It has been a fun month!
    Jeanne

Swap to be sent by Jeanne RECEIVED BY ERICA

Swap to be sent by Annie RECEIVED BY MARY

Swap to be sent by Margo - RECEIVED BY SUSAN

Swap to be sent by Shirley - MAILED

Swap to be sent by Mary

Swap to be sent by Susan - RECEIVED BY JAYEANNE

Swap to be sent by Jayeanne - RECEIVED BY MARGO

Swap to be sent by NonnaG - RECEIVED BY PROMISE

Swap to be sent by Promise - RECEIVED BY ANNIE

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Shirley has the tracking number for LINNEA IN MONET'S GARDEN.

Jeanne, thanks for hosting. I loved this theme.

Mary E.

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

NonnaG yours should arrive tomorrow.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Not sure why NonnaG hasn't posted that she received hers.
    I received my storybook swap from MaryE and this is what she sent.
    Mounds Candy bars
    Lincoln penny
    Garden Cress Seeds
    Green Tea
    Bookmark
    Two seed droppers
    Beautiful card
    Bird Napkins
    Beaded necklace
    Amaretto pecans
    almond toffee
    Coconut candies
    pin with lily pads
    silk water lily

Thank you so much Mary E, great theme items for your storybook.

Shirley

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Cute stuff U got Shirley. How do we send chocolate without it melting?

Happy Friday everyone!!'

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

If you read the book, it all comes together. Plus when I joined GW in May, OBF was celebrating Shirley's half-birthday with Shirley related bingo.

Mary E.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Great Monet's Garden box, Mary! Coconut... yum!

Nicole, I just send chocolate and hope for the best. It can always be refrigerated when it arrives. :)

Shirley, I'll drop Nonna a line, too. Hope she's ok.

Loved this swap. Thanks Jeanne!

Sheri

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

Swap to be sent by Shirley - MAILED
    (Waiting to hear from NonnaG)

Swap to be sent by Mary RECEIVED BY SHIRLEY

That's a great swap package you received, Shirley.
    I have thoroughly enjoyed this swap.

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shirley....great package!!! Melted chocolate is still chocolate......................some chocolate candy like snickers is almost better melted....sounds good right now!!

Thanks Jeanne for a fantastic September month of storybooks! So much fun and so much creativity!!

Happy weekend!

Annie

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Here is a photo, shot just before sending the box. One thing is missing, Shirley will soon know what it is. Mary E.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

LOVELY package, Mary! Thank you for the photo!

I did hear from NonnaG and she says she is going to post a photo of her package. I emailed her directly, rather than through GW. I think those emails don't go through sometimes. Where art thou, Miss Nonna? :)

Loving prayers for your surgery, Shirley. It got here fast!

Sheri

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

There is one more separate cover thing, Shirley will have to tell us if received.
    Mary E.

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

NonnaG - waiting to hear from you so we can wrap up this swap. Thanks so much.
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Sheri-Thanks for e-mailing NonnaG, I checked the tracking number and it was received on Oct. 1st...so glad I got the address right. Yes I cannot believe the surgery date is upon me. I have been plagued with a headache all week-end and know it is stress. Will be so glad when this is behind me.

MaryE-I know what the missing things were (lip balm), two of them. My precious GD Brittney confiscated one of them. I love the Bert Bees lip balms. She saw them on the kitchen counter and after choosing hers she gave me the other one and it got separated from all the other things when I posted. LOL

Shirley

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Shirley No, no not lip balm, something flat in the mail, mailed a day later.

Thinking of you, and praying for you this morning.

Nonna, tell us about your storybook package, what was the theme and what fun things were in it.

Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Tue, Oct 7, 14 at 7:28

• NonnaG
    9 years ago

Hi ladies. I will have my Daughter teach me to post photos but for now I'll tell you about my package of treats. Inside I found a Jake Hatches A Plan storybook with highlighted references to each of the following gifts.

white balloon flower seeds
    calla lily seeds (my sister is jealous)
    journey's end canna seeds
    Hale's Best cantaloupe seeds
    cosmic purple carrot seeds (I can't wait to see these)
    meringue coneflower seeds
    sundown coneflower seeds
    datura seeds
    daylily seeds
    Atlanta Big Time X daylily seeds
    Dutchman's pipevine seeds
    gold columbine seeds
    pumpkin tree seeds (I love these!)

coconut extract
    cleaning clothes
    pirate patch daylily
    Carribean double coral daylily
    desert moon daylily
    sunrise gold daylily
    Jake velvet coloring sheet
    a really cute pen made from cushi balls that reminds me of a parrot (I love collecting pens)
    Lance crackers

I'm so excited about this package. Thank you Shirley.

NonnaG

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Wow! Another great package from sweet Shirley. Thank so very much for posting, Connie! :) I'm going to have to look-up some of those daylilies. They sound beautiful.

Sheri

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Fantastic package NonnaG......................Shirley is the daylily queen!!!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

That's a great package, NonnaG. Thanks for posting.
    The swap is now completed.

Shirley, will keep you in my prayers that everything goes well and you heal quickly.

Thanks, everyone, for a great month with Storybooks!
    Jeanne

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Thanks for hosting. Thanks for picking "Charlie", Annie.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Tue, Oct 7, 14 at 21:34

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

I would love to hear from OBF members about other books they thought of using, before settling on their choice.

Mary E.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Mary,

I was going to use "The Secret Garden."

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

LOL I was very surprised not to see that on the final list !!
    I read a 2014 book The Night Gardener, a middle school book
    ...that was one of my backup choices. I had Spooktacular on the brain maybe.

I just read your updated trade list, it really is a model of how to organize a trade list. Hand pollinating, yet.

Mary E.

• NonnaG
    9 years ago

I seriously considered Horton Hears A Who. I love that book. I'm a big Dr. Seuss fan. When I was a cake decorator I would make the cakes for the library during Dr. Seuss week. So much fun!

NonnaG

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

I considered Owl Moon, too, but couldn't see getting a package out of it. It's about a father and daughter going out in deep winter, late at night to look for owls. The father calls to the owls. Mary E.