SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remuda1

What's up Doc????

remuda1
17 years ago

Welllll, Pepe (my yorkie) was out helping me cut back the Turk's Cap bed the other day and got bored, so he was doing some sniffing around and came upon these little boogers:

This is in my backyard that is enclosed by a 3 foot picket fence (1 1/2 inch spaces between the pickets). And not a WORD about the weeds in the picture from ANY of you, LOL.

Well, I shut Pepe in the house and got out an old bird cage and took the bottom off of it and put it over the bunny nest to protect them from the vicious Pepe who would, no doubt have "loved" them to death. Every night, before bed, I lock up the doggie door and go out and remove the bird cage from over the nest so that Momma can come and feed them. Then first thing in the morning, I go out and cover them up again so that I can open the doggie door. I've been doing this for about 10 days now and am hoping that tonight will be the last night of it. They were out of the hole but still in the cage when I got home from Houston this afternoon, so hopefully, Momma will find them a new home now :). Oh yeah, there's actually 4 of them in that tiny hole.

Kristi

Comments (9)