UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring August

yayagreen2000
18 years ago

Howdy

Comments (100)

• Poochella
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow Alicia that is a great great trip you have ahead of you. I was musing that you were knee deep in a new romance ;) but a safari is even better, let alone serving others. Have a safe trip and never turn your back on a rhino.

Theresa 24 rolling out the big birthday cake that never, ever gets stale and is topped with everlasting candles!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    color>

I am knee deep in dahlias after a very slow start to the season. Guess I won't complain about that anymore as I now can't seem to keep up with them. From dawn to dark I am either watering, disbudding, tying, restaking, cutting or just hovering going "Oh, My Little Pretty!"
    Earthly, the beauty of dahlias is the more you cut the more they bloom, so keep cutting.

Counting down to the five day mark before DD leaves for college. There is much to do so off I go.
    Happy Dog Days all.

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear TERESA24, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (even a day late)
    & many moooorrreee cha cha cha

Great to hear you are going on such a great trip ABC. We went up to my home town to listen to my nephew (17) give his presentation on his month long mission trip to Africa (Botswana). Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear/see it after all... Adam (our 3 yo) said his tummy hurt and right when I carried him into the church he lost it (he got more on my clothes than he did on him). So, I had to take him over to my moms, give him a shower, wash myself up and look for some of moms old clothes that might fit me while our clothes were in the washer. We got back to the church just in time to have people start walking out : ( But it was a good day anyway as we got to visit with family and friends, including my niece who came up from Florida. This is my favorite niece (only one too LOL), and I just learned that she was urged to go to some modeling thing. It had 120 young ladies participating and she was in the top 20 who were selected to come back. She doesn't want to get too worked up or expect anything from it so no hopes will be dashed much. Her brother is going to take some photos of her to start a porfolio I guess. He took some awesome pict in Africa of people, birds, flowers, sunsets, Victoria Falls (Alicia you gotta go there if you ever get a chance!!). He's even had several people wanting him to take picts at weddings now. He's a senior and he's looking into going back to Africa for 5 months right after he graduates next May : ) ; : : ( ? lots of mixed feelings there. Well, I gotta go and eat/play with the guys.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring - May

Q

Comments (19)
    Hi ladies! Yes I have been planting, watering and weeding :) My daughter and I got her teepee put up and sweetpeas & pole beans planted around it. She also planted about 50+ different annual flowers for the 'yard' and put in a pink butterfly bush on the 'deck' with some cute stepping stones. In the back of it she has maxamillian and chocolate sunflowers! Can't wait till they are all in bloom - she did a great job! My iris are just about done blooming but my Peonies are just starting. My callas are just coming up, also my hibiscus (don't know what colors as they were a mixed gift), my dahlia aren't even trying to peek threw though... We have had quite a bit of rain this week and some pretty chilly temps, I hope they are okay. Pastvast - Prague? sounds interesting. Hope you had fun and glad to hear you are home safely. The last day of school here was yesterday, my daughter is going up by Jackson Hole to help some friends on their ranch for a month, then to Denver to help my sister ~ she is having shoulder surgery and isn't allowed to move it for 3 month! I am glad that Meg will be busy this summer but I will miss her and she thinks its a great idea that I make sure her 'garden' is weed free LOL Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Marie
    ...See More

UPDATE: July - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

Q

Comments (75)
    Hi all! It's been much too long since I have popped in. I want to thank Suzanne (gardeningmomof3) for the cutest new addition to my gardens! This little bunny has found a home for now right beside some telestar picotee dianthus in bloom. :))) Thank you sooooo much, Suzanne!!! She is just adorable! Hope everyone is keeping cool and safe this summer. The high humidity and extreme temps have certainly been a challenge here. There has been a bit of relief here in the last few days and we are in desperate need of rain. The crops are beginning to show early signs of heat stress. Watering the gardens has become an almost daily chore after work. :( And I just finished a month's worth of meds for a tick bite that was suspected as a lyme disease carrier. For me, I had the telltale "bull's eye" look around the bite area. This isn't always a sure sign of lyme disease infection as DH was bitten a number of years ago while on vacation in Arkansas and had no such sign. But we both had flu-like symptoms and for me I had a dull headache and loss of stamina as well. I hope everyone is using proper precautions to protect yourself and family with a bug spray product with DEET when out and about! I will try to post a few pics of my garden blooms later. happy gardening and stay cool! Dee
    ...See More

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring - June

Q

Comments (25)
    Hi Kelli and all, Sorry to be so late in posting but vacation, illness and just plain catching up has kept me from being online as much. Kelli I want to say thank you so much for this months box!!! And every months box for that matter. You have been the best! I put the plants in the ground this weekend. DH is pretty excited about the daylily..Fires of Fuji. He likes anything thats bright red/orange. I think its a beauty as well. The salvia and hosta are much appreciated as well. Can you tell me the name of the hosta again please? Like an idiot I threw out the tag. I know it had a cute name but for the life of me I can't pull it out of my head. The seed starting kit is so cute. I love the galvanized tin. I have been flipping around in those cute 4th of July shoes. :-) Have my twirly patriotic flag hanging as well just in time for the holiday! Took a nice long bath after gardening yesterday in that nice smelling bath salt. Felt wonderful. I have to say may favorite in the box was the lovely silver grape pendant. I love anything to do with grapes for some reason!!! It will look nice for work. I'm sure I'm forgetting something it was so jam packed. I also want to thank you so much for being a great organizer for the group. Will definitely look for future swaps that you hold. Norma thanks for being so patient. Your package went out today. Hope your summer is going well! Deb, thanks for offering to continue the trade. Although I have greatly enjoyed the whole experience my life has gotten excessively busy mainly due to increasing demands at work. I just don't think I will be able to give it as much as I'd like to over the next few months. I will probably be looking for another swap in the fall. See y'all around!!!!
    ...See More

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring August - continued

Q

Comments (11)
    Hey people! It's nice to see more of us posting again. Sorry I haven't been around as much but for some reason I've been feeling the need to spend some time in the evenings with my DH. I can't imagine that, can you? lol I hope Katrina was kind to all of you who live in her path. I've experienced the wrath of Carla in my time and it was very mild compared to most I'm thinking. God bless you all who have lost or been harmed in any way. Beth, I got your email and will answer it as soon as I have time. I have to make a cake tonight to take to work tomorrow so I'm trying to hurry now. Be on the lookout for the mail carrier. ;-) YaYa, I am still planning to send you another card. I guess I'm just being lazy these days. I'm going to MS this weekend to my grandmother's birthday party. We're celebrating her 99th. Tonight I am going to try and get everything ready. The pictures are all beautiful as usual. I love your babies Stephanie. Teresa, I hope you and baby Gabbie are doing well now. Shirley, your orchid is gorgeous! Ruth, have fun with your crew/family on your trek through the vast waters. I wish you beginners luck with the Regatta! I live on a huge lake and just saw a fantastic Regatta a couple of weeks ago when out on the lake swimming. I've only been in a tiny sail boat once and it capsized and we lost the sail and pole! lol Nobody I was with knew what they were doing and the boat was borrowed so we replaced what we lost. It was fun until that happened and that was really funny in retrospect. I hope someday to get aboard a large one and see how it really is to sail the deep waters. Pooch, I'm happy to hear that DD doesn't plan to spend every moment studying and can spare some for the beach! Now that is my kind of fun or at least in my younger days. Ahhh, to be young and slim again. lol I took a trip to Little Rock to the Rheumatologist today and had a pretty good checkup so all in all I am in good shape for the shape I'm in. Wishing you all the best there is, Nancy
    ...See More
  • Aprils_Garden
    18 years ago

Hello Garden Circlers!

I just have to say I have the greatest pal! I came home to find a huge box on the porch- which is always such a great source of excitement for all of us. We (4 kids, DH and I) brought it in and opened it up to find it filled with a Luah party!! There were bags of goodies marked for the boys, little ones and ladies filled with leis, glow in the dark bracelets, candy and magic towels that grow in water. There were fancy pens, giant punch balls, cute floating candles and an actual "party in a box" containing balloons, a noisemaker, confetti, streamers and party game ideas, as well as a great big Party banner and door poster to decorate with for our party.

There was also a very nice card and tucked carefully within the box... a Hawaiian Plumaria plant!! Hmmm, who could my Pal be? We will keep the secret LOL, but to whoever it is- Thank you so much for such a fun and thoughtful box! Now, to keep such a precious plant alive- if anyone would like to provide any tips or techniques that would be great. I potted it up a couple of inches (deep enough, too deep?) and put it on the porch where it looks so exotic here in Michigan!

Thanks again Pal!

It has finally rained here, so I have been out in a weed pulling frenzy. I had to pull out a couple of (we call them pig weed or lambs quarters I think) that were taller than me! How do they sneak by and get so big?

I have also been trying to cram lots of reading, writing and arithmatic back into the kids heads before school starts up. LOL

April

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Earlier I received a big envelope from someone in our group... As I was opening it I typed the following and am now able to paste/post it here...

A big envelope was in our mailbox ...drum roll please... Hey, it has an interesting looking Special Issue of Crafter's Porch and Garden magazine : ) I don't think I've read any of these before, so this should be good. There's also a big bag of Skittles (how in the world was I able to open this package and take out candy without DSs noticing ??!! Oh, they are totally focused on an Adventures in Odyssey video. If I put this back in the envelope quick enough I might get to munch on them later as I peruse the magazine. Oh, Goodie, Goodie : ) I'll share with them tomorrow ; ) There's a card too, I guess I have a new secret pal... so HI, New Pal! Boy, I just figure out who my pal is (not too long ago) and now it's back to ??? who could it be : ) I'm pleased to "meet" you. Thanks for thinking of me : ) I still hope that Dusty will stop by and post on occasion as she can, I'll miss ya.

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

April,
    You got a plumeria?!? That's awesome. I wonder who could be your pal :). Did the inflo survive... er... I mean does it have an inflo (flower stem) and is it going to flower soon? I'm just guessing, but it might look like this:
    {{gwi:1296715}}

You might want to stake it in the pot since they are naturally top heavy and can tip over in the wind.
    I'm including a link for caring for them. Good luck.

BTW, my daliahs are going nuts, especially this one called "Fire and Ice" I keep cutting and they keep producing. It's a full time job just to keep them upright :-).
    {{gwi:1296716}}

Happy Birthday to TERESA24.

{{gwi:1238356}}

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Pooch... I feel for you. My youngest started kindergarten today. Our nest is empty now... I need to stay away from the wife... she may want to fill up her nest again... LOL.

I'm doing okay, everyone. I seem to be in kind of a dreary funk right now, but I'm trying to ride it out. I hope everyone else is okay. I'm thinking about you all (especially you, Dusty).

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Paul - I have the fire and ice dahlia also. Is that little fellow not gorgeous. I have really fallen in love with my dahlias this year. Glad to see you post that picture.

Gina - You be sure and share those skittles with the boys and don't wait to open them when its nap time. LOL
    How are your flowers doing? Hope you have been getting lots of rain to perk them up.

I'm not sure what happened to my secret pal, she posted she was leaving the group but ya ya did not e-mail me about getting a new one. Will wait and see.

Shirley

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK a couple updates....

First....we had a killer storm out here this past weekend, hurricane strength winds up to 80mph.....this is in St. Louis. My part of town was hit the hardest and we were without power from Saturday until today...Wednesday!! What a drag! Luckily we didn't have any damage, but I'll tell you, there were trees down EVERYWHERE!!! I did a non scientific survey and found that most were silver maples and bradford pears....no surprises there. A few were black locust, other maples, and diseased trees, you can tell because they were hollow stumps or whatever. Saw quite a few white pines with the tops blown completely out, some unlucky people had the tops sticking out of their house. Saw several trees on houses and cars. What a mess to clean up!

In other news, my husband had his test to see how well his chemo worked....to make a long story short, it was nothing short of miraculous!!!

This is his second round of treatment for lymphome, the first was about 5 years ago. The treatment regimen was the same as last time, and only 4 treatments instead of 8, but the results were incredible. They were not expecting that because usually the 2nd time around it doesn't work as well. The first time (5 years ago) the numbers went from 50% to 20% and this time he started at 70% and the test came back this week at 1%-2%!!!!!!!! Yes you read that right 1% or 2%. The doctors couldn't explain it, but without them knowing about it, Dan was following another regimen for about a month using Vitamin K and Vitamin C....Which must have done the trick, so if you know anyone with Cancer have them read the book...."The end of Cancer" (I think that is the name of it)

OK, I have stuff to catch up on now that the power is on.....emails, laundry, Oprah (no just kidding)

YaYa

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Beautiful flowers, Paul! To give you a little lift, please, go and watch some America's Funniest Home Videos or some old comedies. Laughing (even/especially when you don't want to) helps you to look up and get a new perspective and it actually really does great things for our minds/moods as shown in various studies.

April, you are blessed.

Shirley, yes, I do share ; ) I think the daylilies and canna will make it, especially with the rain we've had last week(end), some have even started what looks like some new little shoots. Unfortunately, to my surprise, it looks like the 2 beebalms aren't going to make it : ( (drip drip of little purple puddles). Thank you again for your kindness and sharing with me, not only these plants, but also a nice time with you and 'tour' of your gardens (oh, and let's not forget the 'bearnboar' LOL knee slap, lot more laughs and grins ).
    Hey, can you please email me Kerry's address? I was going to send her a card and then didn't know whether it should go to her in care of you or somewhere else. I meant to ask a long time ago, but as usual time goes so quickly.

Take care all. Gina

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh, I just read through all the posts I missed and wanted to respond to Shirley.

You know what? I didn't think about telling the people who's pal sends TO them that their pal was changed, so if you are sending to a new person you might want to tell them that you are a NEW sender to them.

Sorry about that.

also, here is an updated list of the current memebers

llsonshine
    plantlady jan
    mellen
    pastvast
    aprils garden
    lunamoon
    yaya
    daisy me
    abcgirltx
    brittneysgran
    sandlapper rose
    euphoia
    earthly delights
    beckster
    jaceysgranny
    bath b kodiak
    pchanggeo
    poochella
    lilylouise
    twinkle
    veeja
    rhonda m

I hope I didn't forget anyone

YaYa

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Well here's a hint on Pals: My plumeria from the airport in Honolulu fell off the deck where I was sunning it and trying to nuture into a Paul Production; forgot it, and it now lies in state in the compost pile boo hoo! There is no latex sap, there are no little green spikey leaf things. It is toasted Plumeria, alas.

I do have a daylily from Shirley however to save me from total miserable failure:

"Doubledecker"- and a lovely one at that!

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

now that's one gorgeous daylily. they have become my latest passion or should i say obsession.

yaya, what absolutely wonderful news. your husband must be thrilled to have had such a phenomenal outcome. continued blessings and well wishes.

happy (belated) birthday teresa. hope it was a great one.

pooch, did your daughter get off to school yet? how are you doing? i know people talk about that empty nest syndrome and all that, but sometimes i welcome the idea of my son moving out. (so i don't sound like the biggest ogre and, in all fairness, sometimes i don't welcome that idea).

paul, as usual, beautiful flowers, beautiful pictures.

beth, the hibiscus is not a tropical one, the leaves are not shiny, but flat. however, i just noticed the ancient gardener down the street has them and she hasn't planted anything new in all the years that i have been here. she weeds like crazy, and her garden is 4 seasons, but nothing ever moves or changes. hers are a deep red and i'd have to sneak a seed because she's not a friendly or sharing kind of person.

lil, still waiting to hear how the reunion went. was it a great success?

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

PRAISE GOD!! {{gwi:1296719}} THANK YOU JESUS! That is wonderful news, YaYa, that your husband is doing so much better!! So many of us have been praying for you guys and others in the group, I knew it was just a matter of time before we'd hear something to give PRAISE about.

That is also sad about the power and all the damage you had. We live about 1.5 hrs east of the Arch and didn't have that bad of storm at all. But an hour north of us, a small tree by my mom's house was blown over, and another just outside my brother's flower shop split in 2 and part of it fell between his building and my nephew's Hawaiian Ice Stand and his soda machine. I haven't heard how much actual damage there was yet.

Let All the world PRAISE THE LORD!!

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Beautiful Daylily, Annie (Poochella) & Shirley (Brittneysgran) ! Maybe some of mine will look that pretty next year (since they're from Shirley aka SuperDaylilyShirley). : )

Wow, I just realized that I started typing the last post right after YaYa posted about DH, but didn't finish it until almost an hour later ... (2 boys in tub, rub a dub dub, 1 mom at the puter listenin' to their chatter, 1 mom back and forth she goes to stop the boys -oh nobody knows, why can't they get along for just a little bit- back to the puter she goes, but wait... back to the bath before it's too late... alas when they do get along, they sit laughin' and grinnin' with water all over the floor, and they look as onery as 2 brothers can be, who together sunk all the boats so that none of them floats, oh, nobody knows when that 1 mom will get them to bed or just finish the email instead...) rub-a-dub-dub 8D

• ronda_m
    18 years ago

Have loved looking at the flower pics that are posted..I guess I need to talk to mine more..My Dahlias didn't do diddly this year.. Mother Nature was not to free with the rain this year but she sure did give us lots of heat.. I have been babying my Brugs so hopefully I will get a fall showing out of them.. everything else is just looking sad..Looking forward to fall when everything will liven back up..
    I have a new pal to send to so I am really looking forward to getting to know him better..

To my pal who sent another wonderful package..
    My kids thank you for the Persimmon cake..lol..They tell me it was really good. The tablecloth holders will come in handy for the Holidays I will think of you when I use them. Thats the only time I pull out a "set" table..
    I also got some lovely coasters,a set of note pads, some stirsticks..now I just need a margarita and I will be good to go..
    Thanks Bunches you always are the highlight of my day..

Hope everyone in the group is doing well and enjoys the last days of summer..
    Ronda M

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

Hi all,

Yaya-that is wonderful news about your DH!!!! How is he feeling? What a wonderful experience to realize his life now spreads before him with brand new chapters-an unwritten uplifted future.
    Pal my package will go out Monday I found an extra goodie at the last minute that shouldn't sit the post office over a weekend.
    Earthly, the reunion was a resounding success. The weather was perfect(the first low humidity day in weeks)and the food plentiful and delicious. My energetic DIL planned fun and games for my stodgy old family and who knew they would jump right into the fun with gusto.

watermelon carving contest:

My garden's are suffering as I recover from yet another fall. This time as I was stepping off the back of the boat, the dock zigged and the boat zagged and I ended up in the bay; scraping myself against the dock on the way down. I am more colorful now than some of my flowers.

Here's a pic of the sedona coleus that took over a corner of the patio. Must have been the steroids.

Here's today's Haiku:

Watch! two easy steps
    slip, trip, plunge into the bay
    Lil wet, then technicolor

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Yaya you are just full of news first about the storm and then the super good news about DH. What a blessing as well as a surprise. Tell him to keep on doing whatever he is doing and take time to enjoy life.
    My kids live in Stockton MO in the winter and try to not pay too much attention to the weather down there while they are here. The tornadoes sometimes just won't be ignored. They have a way of getting you attention. LOL
    Pooch that is a gorgeous daylilly. Hope it prospers and multiplies. Still no buds on the dahlias so I guess if they do bloom I'll have to be content with pictures. I have less than two weeks left to be here.
    Ruth, your Good News/Bad news technique works well. I oohed and aahed about the great pictures and watermelon carving contest...... then Oh NO'ed about the fall. We may need to wrap you up in a big bubble for a while. Most boat docks here have barnacles and they sure do amazing things to human skin. Hope you did not meet Barnacle Bill on your way into the water. Love your spirit and the Haiku
    Take care all.

• abcgirltx
    18 years ago

YaYa, great news about your husband! Lilylouise, I love the haiku, sorry about your fall though. I can relate, I'm a big klutz, and have sported several colorful bruises and many scrapes this year.

Love the pictures of flowers y'all keep posting, wish I had some to share as well. I do have some things in bloom despite my neglect this year, especially my salvias, but haven't taken any pictures.

Rhonda, I'm not sure how far from me you are, but if you ever have little brugs to share, I'd be up for a drive! I received some cuttings for Charles Grimaldi earlier this year, but they didn't make it. That's the one I really want, but every one I see is beautiful.

Paul, I'm sorry you're still feeling down, hope you're back to yourself soon. I've been on an emotional roller coaster this year since my divorce, and I know it's hard sometimes to pull up out of the funk. I'll keep you in my prayers, I've had many friends praying for me and I truly believe it has helped. I generally can't keep up with the various trials and tribulations posted by our group here, and so I always send out a general prayer for all the members of our group who need God's healing.

Welcome to our new members!

• pastvast
    18 years ago

I thought I'd share a couple photos from my flowers this year. I guess we'll see if I followed the instructions properly!

Firstly, this is one of the dahlias that my SP sent me early this spring.
    {{gwi:1296724}}

This is one of my cosmos (a dwarf variety). I love the hot pink. I wintersowed my cosmos this past winter, and this is one of the few flowers that did well. I think that's a weed behind it... but wasn't sure so I haven't pulled it.
    {{gwi:1296725}}

It looks like the glads that my SP sent me earlier will flower this year. I'll have to post a pic if they do bloom!

-Stephanie

• daisy_me
    18 years ago

World's worst secret pal here. After multiple household catastrophes I am finally able to sit down and post about what I received this month....actually, I'm at work so I'm kinda cutting into their time.....oops.

My absolutely wonderful secret pal sent me 3 more daylilies for my rapidly growing collection. They are 'Siloam June Bug', 'Holiday Delight', and 'Ruth Griffin'. I looked all of them up on Google and they are gorgeous! My pal certainly has good taste! My pal also sent me a Canna 'Firebird', which is very cool since I kinda have a thing for old muscle cars. One of these days....when everything's paid off....and I'm hopefully not 95....

My secret pal sent me some goodies this month also. I received a lovely plaque (not sure what else to call it) that states "Two Shall Become One" to congratulate me on my marriage, as well as a very pretty card (where do you find those?). My pal also sent me a floral stationary set, which is perfect because I was just thinking about writing a friend of mine in GA that I haven't seen in years and couldn't remember if I even HAD any stationary anywhere! I also received a really cute garden-themed picture frame that has things like ladybugs and watering cans on it. Adorable!

In other news, my gardens are finally starting to rebound from the drought we had this summer. I was watering all I could and just couldn't keep up with it. And I think the Plumerias I brought back from Hawaii are beginning to rot....they're starting to go a little downhill and not look so happy. The good news is that the one Paul sent me is doing great and is putting out quite a few new leaves!

Best wishes to those in need of them, and I hope things begin to look brighter for all of you. :-)

• ronda_m
    18 years ago

Lil I had to do a double take on the Honda watermelon..First glance I thought it said Ronda..lol..
    ABCgirl, I had Dr. Suess and Charles Grimaldi both looked great until around June then they just shriveled up and died.. My others look good so far..Will be glad to share some with you..I cut mine down around the middle of Nov.. Just let me know which ones you'd like that I have. I'll root you some. Is your part of the state as hot and dry as ours?? I am in SE Texas on the Texas side of Toledo Bend..Middle of Nowhere..lol
    Ronda

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

Great news about your husband, YaYa. We will need to continue keeping him in our prayers. Love the "Doubledecker" daylily. It's a beauty. Thanks to those who posted the other pictures as well. It has been pretty busy here lately and we sure have had a rainy summer. However, that sure beats having everything dry up in the heat.
    Enjoy the weekend that is coming up!
    Sandlapper Rose

• yayagreen2000
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi,

We harvested our first watermelon today! It was a yellow flesh and it is fabulous!

YaYa

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Enjoy your trip Alicia and take lots of pics, great dh news ya ya, I got a wonderfull pkg from my pal, I posted that I wanted something homemade from their garden, and I got everything to make something myself, jars, salsa seasoning, pectin lids, grilling chickens rubber plant ties, her usual wonderfull card, fruit magnets, jar decals, I wanted already made, but am happy, thankyou pal.all pups but mellen are eating from the bowl now, still gotta bottle feed mellen, sister in law decided I should have a family barbq at my house sunday. darn I don't need more work.happy heat all

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

YaYa - So glad to hear the good news about your husband.
    God does answer prayers

Gina - Got your e-mail and looked hurriedly at the pictures (at work). I will try and identify the daylilies and dahlias in your pictures. The dahlias will be easy but alot of daylilies look alike except for one small difference. I LOVEDDDDDDDDDD the picture of the boys looking in the pond trying to see the fish. You know I did not want them to get on the bridge, wellllll it collapsed with Eddie on it (after he told me not to get on it). He got good and wet but not hurt.

A very busy week-end ahead, got to go to Atlanta, Ga. to my girlfriends daughters shower. She's getting married.

Shirley

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Yaya - terrific news on your hubby and the watermelon harvest as well.

Pastvast! What IS the name of that delectible orange dahlia? Gorgeous.

Lil/Ruth, you must have one of the most creative melon carvin' families on Earth! They really turned out some fruitful labor. LOL- sorry.

Earthly, down to less than 24 hours for college girl takeoff. She has been saying goodbye to all her friends and taking care of final business here. Tomorrow will be fairly hard and I'll be glad to take my thoughts and keep occupied with, what else, watering.

Pal, look what your Seattle tuber produces!

And how well it fits in with other flowers- ooh.

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Nice job Pooch. I used to make pretty vases like that... back when it wasn't so hot and dry. It seems like I don't have much blooming. Well there are a few zinnias, verbena, Lantana, milkweed, and black & blue salvia, but I'd like to leave what there is of those as they are attracting the hummers and a few butterflies. Oh, there are achimenes (monkey faced pansy/widows tears) as well as impatiens and petunias in front of the house. So I guess I do have some color around here. I've wanted to send several people some items from the garden, but things seem pretty puny, or they already have them. Shirley, I sure wish the bee balm would have made it through as your colors were so bright and pretty.

We have a Hot Air Balloon Fest going on in the area this weekend. We want to go but it is so hot. My DH is helping with security there and he's been out about 4 hrs and said that it's even miserable in the shade. Tomorrow there's a chance for rain which will also hopefully cool us off into the 80s. I am soooo Thankful for Air Conditioning!! I grew up without it when others had it, but now wonder how we'd do with these temps without some A/C relief.

Take Care, ilsonshine/Gina
    {{gwi:1296728}}

• teresa_ohio
    18 years ago

Hi everyone! I just popped in to say hello! Couldn't sleep tonight, so I decided to catch up on my computer time. lol.
    I had my surgery last week and it was a lot more than I bargained for. I have an open wound that my husband has to pack twice a day and it is absolutely miserable. It is supposed to take 5 or 6 weeks to heal and I'm already sick of it. I never expected it to be this painful. I can't get comfortable no matter what I do. It's driving me crazy. My Mom and sister have been here helping this week. I am so grateful that I have them. I don't know what I would have done. I hate not being able to take care of Gabby and I miss holding her so much.

Oh well, enough of my sob story! lol. Yaya, that is so wonderful about your husband! I'm so thrilled for you both! I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.
    Beautiful pictures everyone! I tried growing dahlias this year, but they haven't done well. Not even one bloom. Maybe it's the lack of rain, or the fact that I've never grown them before. I've probably taken care of them wrong. Lily, the watermelon carvings are so cool. I've never seen anything like that. Too cute!

Ok, well I couldn't pop in without posting a picture of Gabby. She is growing so fast. And she is just jabbering away all the time. It's so cute! When she wakes up and sees us, she gets this big grin on her face. I just love seeing her face in the mornings! What a perfect way to start the day. :)
    {{gwi:1296729}}
    {{gwi:1296730}}
    This picture was hard to get! She kept wanting to stick the flower in her mouth. lol. She's going through that stage where she thinks everything goes in her mouth I guess. :) She's such a sweetie!

Hope everyone is doing ok! I'm still thinking of you all, just can't get here very much to say hi! I pop in again soon though. Take care! Teresa

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

Gabby is such a cutie!

Everyone's pictures are fabulous! Such beautiful flowers!

I received my package from my Secret Pal yesterday. Thanks so much! I got gardening gloves, a set with writing paper, envelopes, picture frame, notebook, & pen, Altoids, 2 nail brushes, a potted polka dot plant, and sparkly pencil for DD. Thanks again for your thoughtful gifts!

Jenell

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

YaYa, I'm very excited for your DH's great results! What wonderful news for you both. I hope you celebrated with something special. Send me a peice of that watermelon and I'll taste test it for you. lol just joking, please don't send rotten watermelon in the mail. It would be wine by the time it got here.

Teresa Ohio, love the new pics of Gabby, you must be doing something good because she's sure healthy and happy looking. I'm sorry that you have to have time to recoup from your surgery but you'll have the rest of your life with her and you can still cuddle her up next to you. It's great that your family is there to help.

Dusty, I hope things are looking up for you, your family and extended family. Did you get the problem worked out so you can finish up on your building and get up and going? I hope you have or will be able too really soon.

Shirley, how is Sherri? I've been thinking of her and wishing her well. It sounds like you stay busy all the time. Find something fantastic at the yard sales and have fun at your friend's shower.

Paul, are you feeling the empty nest syndrome since your youngest is starting school or is it a relief? lol Probably a mixture of both.

Lil, great watermelons! Tell me when do you put those out with the candles in them? Maybe July 4th? Ya'll are going to start a new tradition if you arn't careful. ;-)

The pictures of all the flowers are lovely. I had seattle last year and it was gorgeous. I planted it again this year but you know... I agree with Teresa Ohio I think it was the lack of rain. Maybe next year I'll have better luck with them.

My balloon flowers grew tall and then the stems just all fell over so I didn't know what to do with them so I divided them and didn't have much expectation but planted 3 different peices thinking they would just die and one of them is already blooming and the other two are sending up new growth. ;-) Now that's a happy surprise. Today is supposed to be in the 100's again. Yesterday was 100 with heat index of 103! UGH and that was by 10AM. Monday's supposed to be in the 80's. I'm praying the weather man is right this time.

Gina, the hot air balloons look like fun but I'd want to be the one up in it to catch the breeze.

Have a wonderful weekend folks and all that are going places travel safely and have fun.

Nancy

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Nancy I was about to send out the spinning globe on your behalf! How are you doing?

Love those hot air balloons- like floating giant flowers.

Teresa I hope you heal steadily and soon. that doll Gabby is growing up way too fast. Nothing like a gummy little smile on a beautiful face. The other thing I adore about babies are their so-so delicate little eyebrows- She is an absolute doll!

ABC I thought I posted, maybe I typed but didn't hit submit, but I wanted to say what a marvelous trip your upcoming adventurous mission sounds to be. Be careful and enjoy the wilds- but not too wild!

Barnacle Lil, I hope your wharf war wounds also heal full steam ahead. Love the haiku!

Earthly, thanks for asking and Pal thanks for the email hug. Yes, the DD got away this a.m. bound for college, driving alone to California. She asked how often we wanted her to call and I said every 5 minutes. LOL So we'll see how it goes. I am not crushed yet, but know I will miss her not checking in in person at least every few days. She's really been a terrific kid. So cross your fingers and pray your prayers for a safe trip.

Everyone have a good weekend. I'm going to go sling about half a ton of barn stuff into the compost and muse about my empty nest.

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Oh! Gabriella is just adorable! Don't ya just want ta squeeze and kiss those sweet cheeks?!

After our trip I was going to post picts of some of Shirley's beautiful flowers. Well, I finally got them onto Photobucket. Our boys enjoyed running all over the place and seeing the fish in Shirley's pond : ) Here is just 1 of Shirley's beauties:

If you'd like to see the rest:
    1. Click on the link below
    2. Type "Gina" in the Password box
    3. Click on "Flowers Shirley"
    4. Look at the Picts
    5. Click "Log Out" at the top right when you're done

Thanks again, Shirley, for the tour, your time, patience with the boys and sharing some of your beauties with us.
    In HIS palm,
    Gina

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Greeting from California.
    I received a box of goodies from my new pal. She sent me a notepad set, a memo set, cute rubber stamps and a stamp pad, a little heart shaped hanging piece that say "Friedship Grows Forever", and a refridgerator magnet shaped like Texas (hmmm... I wonder where she lives lol). They are all beautifully decorated with floral stuff on them.
    Thank you very much for all the goodies. I'm sure I'll make good use of them if I can keep them away from the kids.
    Yaya, what great news about your husband. Keep your faith and keep us updated.
    Gabby is just too precious. What a priceless smile. Keep the photos coming.
    Pooch, that bouquet is great. I wish I could do stuff like that. Had thoughts of studying ikebana (Japanese flower arranging), but never found the time. I hope your daughter has a safe journey down.
    Love the carved watermelons. That's some creative group of people there.
    All the flower pictures are gorgeous. I really like the dahlias, but boy those daylilies are something else. I may have to investigate further. I'm starting to like the blues and purples... there must be some daylilies in that color, no?

Thank you all.

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

Ilsonshine, I looked at the flower pictures and they are all so pretty. Teresa, I hope you heal quickly and thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures of Gabby with us. Shirley, Kerry was so sweet and sent me a little note to thank me for the card that I mailed to her. I hope she is doing better now. Once she feels up to it, you will have to get her interested in gardening. LOL
    For those with children off to school/college - here's wishing them a safe and successful year.
    Talk with all of you soon,
    Sandlapper Rose

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Gina/Shirley, I looked at all of them too and must say there are some marvelous kids and flowers growing at Shirley's! Is that wood bridge by the duck pond and boys the one that collapsed? That would be a shame to lose it.

PChang, Fair warning: the DD called from Cal tonight and is heading for Santa Clarita!!! I'm not kidding, I burst out laughing and told her to sniff the air there for the wafting perfume of plumeria. So if you see a blonde in a Honda- get the heck over to the side of the road and leave her wide berth.

She is making excellent time and having a grand adventure on her trek south.

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

Poochella - Your Daughter has such a bright future ahead of her. I think it is wonderful to leave home and live on your own before settling down to marriage. I never had that and wish I had. I went from parents to a husband (not good). My DS has seen places I only get to see pictures of. He has lived his dreams. Yes the wooden bridge in the picture is the one that collapsed. Steve helped his Dad build it before he went in the Marine Corps. Then he filled the pond with all the fish.

Sandlapper Rose - Kerry is a precious soul, I can just see that sweet intense face addressing your card. She is not getting any better has 1 or 2 black-outs a week. Whats wierd she stays out around 2 hours each time. I swear I would be paranoid if that was happening to me. Steve is going to buy her a helmet to wear. At least it would protect her head from the falls.

Teresa - Glad your ordeal is over and wish you a speedy recovery. Gabby is just a little doll. It won't be long before you can take care of Miss Gabby again.

Gina - You did an excellent job on the pictures. I still love the one where the boys are bent down looking so intensely for a glimpse of the fish. I would love to send that one to Country Magazine, I bet they would publish it.
    If you get pictures of that one send it to me and I will send it in. My granddaughter and nephew was published in a magazine where they were sledding in the wintertime.

Nancy - Glad to see you post again. We miss you guys when you are away for awhile. Yes I did my duty and went to hot Atlanta, Georgia for one of my best friends daughters bridal shower. Wow I forgot how hot Atlanta gets. It was terrible down there. I can not attend the wedding which will be in Louisiana so I had to make it to the shower.

Shirley

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Greeting to all
    I hope everyone is doing well at this time.
    I have been so busy.....construction projects!! I am disabled and noticed every winter my health got worse. I had a carbon monoxide detector installed and it showed everything was ok. Well to make a long story short it wasn't ok it is a big problem I had a special test done and they found it was there in high doses. I am in the process of getting a new heating system and getting the house vented. The inspector said he has never seen a house sealed so tight!! I am sure this will make a big difference this winter.
    I wanted to thank my special pal for the long nice letter and the cute floral stickers.
    Wow women you are remarkable being able to train a puppy for a year and a half and be able to give it up to someome in need. I admire you for doing that!! Have you gotten a new puppy yet? I am glad your co workers had a going away party!! I hope it brings you great joy and peace to know you have made such a difference in someone's life!
    Thanks again for thinking of me...I truly appreciate it!! Take care!

• jaceysgranny
    18 years ago

Hi all, I'm doing fine. I never got any results from my stress test so I guess it was ok. I called and he was supposed to call me back but never did. I just don't understand how doctors can just leave you hanging like that. My PCP even said that he doesn't get results from any of my tests unless he requests the tests himself. How can you have several doctors that don't correspond and share information? Sorry, didn't mean to get on a tangent just trying to understand.

Gina, I looked at the pics too and really enjoyed them. I know you must have had a wonderful time at Shirley's. Your boys are adorable!

Paul, there are lots of purple daylilies and some are called blue but there are no true blues. I have been hooked on daylilies for several years now and just can't get enough of them.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and are ready to hit the old grindstone tomorrow. Those who don't have to work for a living :P lucky people. ;-)

Nancy

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

I received a package from my Garden Excahnge Pal - she (he?) is always so good to me! I may not remember all of it, but lots focused on sunflowers as a theme. I received coasters, one of those nice tall pads of notepaper, a copper mini-bucket that is decorated, a bath fizzy, a candle holder and tea lights, a sunflower magnet, birdseed, a little box of chocolates, lemon cookies, and an absolute hit with my dog - a squeeky skunk toy - she thinks the big floppy tail is just great! Thanks so much. There was also a nice note from my pal. You sure have spoiled me.
    Sandlapper Rose

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Hi all, how the heck does one make tomato gravy?what keeps it from being tomato soup?my seattle dahlia is missing white on most of the flowers, but doing well, I am tying them to the fence with my new chicken plant ties. dh is off on vacation this week but he is going to the opera, the ring with his two brothers every night, so I get out of cooking supper this week, and he takes me out to dennys for breakfast every morning. not real good for my weight. enjoy the empty nest poochey. time to rest and enjoy the flowers.

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Why would one make tomato gravy? What do you put it on?

Veeja, what are chicken plant ties? I'm using cut up T shirts and had to dismantle hubby's favorite RAGGED, HOLEY, SHOULD-NOT-BE-WORN-IN-PUBLIC-OR-PRIVATE Mariners T shirt while company was here so he wouldn't cry LOL! he has gotten over it quick.
    How are the little puppies and your new one? I must get down to see them before too long.

Sandlapper my dog is in her season of heaven: apple trees are dropping fruit and the plum as well, so all day she guards and eventually will eat her little fruit treasures. Woe be to any visiting dog or even our own cats who approach while she's guarding her fruit. I've never met a weirder dog. Be glad yours likes a squeaky toy!

Jan I hope you get some holes poked in that airtight house. Have heard that is a common problem with recent years' construction- too energy efficient. Don't work too hard. Or don't let the construction crew hurt your plants!

Nancy, I was spittin' fire when I read your post. They should call it "Health Non Care" the way some practices are carried out. You deserve to at least get a cursory letter with your test results, or a phone call. My doctor at least says "No news is good news" meaning all is well, they aren't going to bother calling. I'd get on the phone and give them your opinion, or you can give them mine LOL! And tell them to get off their duffs and keep the patient in the loop, while you're at it! We pay so much for health care, we deserve better. now leaving soapbox...

On a happy note, the DD and hubby are orienting to her new school. Shirley, she IS having a grand adventure. I don't know if I should be worried but she asked me to send her her 5 ft canary yellow inflatable otter floaty toy. (it's really cute!) This doesn't sound like mandatory or even helpful college supply material does it? It sounds alot like " I'm going to the beach" material. hmmm

Well I'm off to rest- those of you in the SE- beware Katrina. I heard predictions of tremendous rainfall in FLA, so take care. I would give a thing of mighty value for an inch of rain- I think we've had 1/4 inch since the second week of July, or maybe even the 4th of July. pssst Katrina.... this way, this way!

• lunamoon
    18 years ago

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has never heard of tomato gravy. How do you use it? Anyone care to share a recipe? I have a garden full of green tomatoes and if they ever ripen I'll need some new recipes....

• pastvast
    18 years ago

I just wanted to let my SP know that yesterday I received the box she sent. It was full of all sorts of fun goodies... DH liked the crazy straws. I really liked the windchime... it's definitely garden themed with waterpots and so forth as part of the metal bell. I can't wait for a storm to come through so I can hear it in action. There was also some cool colored paper plates and napkins suitable to throw a party. I actually had a bunch of neighbors over last Saturday for a backyard barbeque. So... I'll have to wait to use them until the next time my bible study group meets at my place. Oh... the candle smells so pretty!

Hey Poochella... do dahlias come in shorter sizes. I'd love to put them in a spot... but they'd have to be between 2-3' to fit. I suppose zinnias might fit the bill too... but last year they were full of powdery mildew >yuck<. i haven had any problems with the dahlias except that started staking them too late.>Take care all,
    -Stephanie

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

FYI - tomato gravy -- what you all probably call sauce (spaghetti sauce). i have already made two very large pots that i put up.

tuesday night i made the most delicious "summer harvest" soup. after cleaning up some of the bruised and really ripe tomatoes, i started cooking them down. i harvested several zucchini, some peppers, the very last of the beans, some of the strangest looking carrots i have ever laid eyes on and the last of the onions. a few additions of other ingredients already in my pantry and i had a hearty pot of soup. hmmm, hmmm delicious. wish you were all close by, you could stop in for a bowl. i love making soup, it's another "therapy" and i only make certain ones at specific times of the year. friends and family come to expect it and know how to time their visits :)

i'm still waiting to hear if my pal received this month.

baby gabby is just so precious.

the weather has been so nice the last couple of nights. sleeping has been a dream with a nice breeze blowing and the nip in the morning waking up. my kind of weather for sure.

katrina's on her way - i won't mind the rain because we need it, but my heart and prayers are with those in florida who have the potential to be hammered.

if ya all say animal prayers, my baby needs them. she has some type of mouth/jaw thing going on. i thought she had an absess from something caught under or in between a tooth because she had some major discomfort on the right side of her mouth. the furthest i took it was thinking she would need to have a tooth extracted. now i'm waiting on a biopsy because of some growth on her jaw. she has a history of cancer, so there's always some concern as to its spreading to another area. it's so sad too, because she's still so groggy and out of sorts from the anesthesia they gave her today.

my son gets his cast of tomorrow. hopefully once they pull out all the pins and x-ray it, it would have healed properly. crush injuries, ouch!

when it rains it pours ~~ i sliced the tip of my pinky finger. repaired it with stirry strips and bandaids. not stitches or pins or needles or any of that stuff for me. i didn't have 7 hours to sit in a waiting room of an ER since i wouldn't have been classified an actual emergency.

carol, what do you mean by your husband going to the "ring", the boxing ring? the ring shop? thelaundromat to clean the ring around the collar?

stay well everyone

regards,
    earthly

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

I had the same ? about "the ring."

Thanks, Earthly, for giving us more info on the tomato gravy. It sounds like you've been blessed with some good harvesting.
    {{gwi:1296732}}{{gwi:1296733}}
    LunaMoon, you could use some of your green tomatoes to make some interesting cuisine.
    I did some Googling and found an interesting site about In Season items that I need to check out (even though I don't have much vegies except for the few tomato plants. If you want to take a peak... But, beware... if you are hungry when you look at this, you may have the sudden urge to start throwing some of the recipes together. The section that tells just about tomatoes even gives tips on growing, picking, storing, tomato techniques (oven dry, grill, roast, braise) plus recipes. There's even a Green Tomato & Raspberry Cobbler!?!

I'm looking for a way to make some healthy recipes that my picky guys will eat that has good things "hidden" in it (None of them like tomato but they are soo good for us, if I make anything that calls for tomatoes I have to puree it down so there are no noticable chunks--DH even takes them out of the spaghetti sauce at Fazoli's or where ever-- salsa doesn't need to be chunky for us!) If any of you have some good tasting and healthy recipes you like that work for you with your picky eaters, please send them my way. Thanks in advance for your help.

Do a Google search for Tomato Gravy or Green Tomato Gravy and you should come up with some interesting recipes to try. The easiest I ran across was for: Green Tomato Gravy: Dip thick slices of green tomatoes in bread crumbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute in butter until light brown. Pour cream over the top and simmer a few minutes. The cream makes the gravy. (If my guys won't eat eggplant or zuccinni fried, I don't think they'll do the tomato recipe any better)lol :~(
    Gina

• Poochella
    18 years ago

The Ring is an opera, I think, not wanting to speak for Carol. But my question was going to be, why see it several times in a row? Must be a great show. I don't know Opera at all. If it means shoes that hurt my feet, I'm not going.

Earthly I love your dog from photos I've seen and hope it's just a passing minor malady. Pet her and love her up lots and be assured that she's in our thoughts.
    Same goes for your son and his arm- the Summer of Pain- for him in a cast. I broke my collarbone when I was about 8 and couldn't swim all summer, it was such a bummer. Hope it has healed well and he can cry FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM soon.

Earthly, wouldja mind being reeeeeeeeeal careful cutting up all those delicious sounding vegetables from your garden. (You sound like Kay Scarpetta from the books by Patricia Cornewell, whipping up some wonderful adlib italian sauce in her kitchen.) You only get ten fingers to type with you know, and we'd miss you terribly if you couldn't post due to kitchen amputations. Enough of that talk....

So, to be clear, you would serve tomato gravy on pasta, or with meat and pasta? We'd call that marinara sauce.

Stephanie, by all means dahlias come in shorter sizes 1-3 feet is easy. Here are a couple of my 'shorties' equally delightful as the taller ones.
    Aurwen's Violet, bright purple little pompon ( round) only 2.5- 3 ft tall
    {{gwi:1296734}}

A favorite from Lowes! Impression Fantastico- blooms its fool head off all season long, the more you cut, the more it sprouts:
    {{gwi:628221}}

Pearson's Michelle- a prolific little medium orange pompon that would look absolutely marvelous with your posted orangish dahlia. Mine is slow this year and I sure miss its many blooms.

Jack O Lantern 3 ft tall, variable orange/yellow collarette- so cute!

{{gwi:628535}}

And one of my current favorites: Kari Dancer- pink/yellow cactus on 3 ft bush

Natal- a really dark red, almost black in the center:

Karras 150 a lovely white cactus on 3 foot plant:

Brookside J Cooley a real champ in the top Fabulous Fifty of dahlias of all time: I finally didn't kill it this year!

{{gwi:1296740}}

Foxy Lady, Kind of maroon and yellow, fades to more medium pink- lots of blooms on 3 foot plant.
    {{gwi:628611}}

Just one more, I swear! check out the coloration on these petals. It looks just like the deep pink is painted on a canvas of white. This one rotted in our cold wet spring, much to my dismay.
    Fascination:
    {{gwi:634160}}

Are you sorry you asked yet? LOL! There are probably 5,000 more to choose from in the short height range; I just don't have them- yet. There are plenty of what are called "bedding dahlias" too: kind of like mums, many many blooms on a 18-24 inch bush; not so good for cutting, but great to line a path or sidewalk.

Oh I can hardly wait til dawn to get out to the gardens!
    Everybody have a great weekend and think good thoughts for Earthly's poochy, Shirley's son's Kerry, and Dusty in absentia (come back and check in Dusty!), and all those healing from one ailment or another.

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

It's 2AM and I'm at "work" but I wanted to say....NO tomatoe gravy is not the same as tomatoe sauce OR tomatoe soup. I don't know if I have any rrelatives still alive who remember how to do it but I'll ask.

• brittneysgran
    18 years ago

POOCHELLA - WOW Put my name on Dahlias Impression Fantastico, Jack O Lantern, Brookside J. Cooley, and Fasciantion. My Jack O Lantern didn't do anything this year. Must have rotted. Love those Dahlias. My DS is coming home this week-end and bringing me a new (new to me)
    computer so maybe I can download pictures again. I want you to see the dahlia I have that has burgundy leaves and looks like a bush. I did not even have to cut it back it bushed out on its own.

Gina - You visited too early for me to give you jellies. I have just made strawberry, blackberry and grape. I still have blueberry and apple to make. My DH actually likes to help make jelly.

Earthly - Glad your son is getting rid of that cast. I know he is to. Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope you find out the problem he is having.

Shirley

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Annie, your Dahlias are lovely : ) WOW, especially to Aurwen's Violet, Impression Fantastico, Jack O Lantern it is cute, Kari Dancer (makes me think of some hispanic dancer for some reason), Natal-I love dark reds/burg., Brookside J Cooley (1 st over from us is Brookside), Fascination (it does look painted : ) ) Thanks for sharing.

Shirley, the jellies sound yummmy. Good job, pat on the back to both of you for making them. Hey, if you want me to post any of the picts I had onto this forum, just let me know. I didn't put them on here as there were like 32 picts I think. But I'd be glad to put some of your favorites here.

Earthly, hope your pal feels better soon. Ours is back to chewing/licking his the area by the pads of his paws, it makes it all look pink and sore. I thought he had a food allergy as when I started feeding one he basically totally quit. I even drove an hour to get several bags as the stores here quit carrying it. Then after he's on it again (we'd run out for a few days while I was tracking some down) he still continued licking. : ( I can't figure out what the allergy would be to, could be seasonal, but he had it during the winter also ?? But I hope your pal is all well right away.

• pchanggeo
    18 years ago

Wow, Pooch. Those are gorgeous. I like the colors and shapes of Impression Fantastico, Jack O Lantern, and Facination. What do you call that type? I'm going to have to investigate further... seems like I always say that when y'all post photos of your flowers... LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Paul