SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbga

been a long time

GreenThumbGA
18 years ago

Hello everyone!

None of you probably remember me but I was glued to this forum a few years ago as my hunger about this subject took over all of my ambtions for a peroid of time. My screen name was Sergeant dirt or something like that. I did not post much because I was so busy taking it all in.

Unfortunatly, our country was attacked and I was sent to fight for our country(if you could make that statement concerning this conflict)I would try to find ways of composting while I was in the different parts of Iraq but I never was able to due to the extreme heat, dryness and need to conserve what little water we were rationed.

Some sad things have happened since then but also joyful

I found out today that the "worm lady" died today wich was sad because I was in love with her down to earth personallity and passion for this subject.

I my little boy was born while I was in Iraq. I came home and my wife and I have bought a house.

I have a big yard in the city. I am so excited to start my composting area back up. My piles of awaitng ingredients, smoking pile, trash can full of brown sweet smelling liquid gold with a aqurium bubbler hanging off the edge, worm boxes and everything that accompanies such an area.

One thing that has really been discouraging is that a lady up the road from me that owned a rabbit farm lost her husband. She decided to get rid of all of the animals on the farm wich included th rabbits.

The rabbits used to be suspended over urine soak beds wich contained billions of manure worms. I would go and clean there beds for them (little did they know the joy I had)

But now they are gone and I am bummed. I guess I am going to have to break down buy some.

For those of you who have plugged through this post I thank you........

Comments (6)