SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wfike

Bucket System question from years ago?

wfike
17 years ago

About 20 years ago I was at a hotel on vacation and saw where they were having a siminar on how to raise some kind of nightcrawler (they called it). It consisted of a bunch of buckets where you placed a certain amount of their secret feed along with a few pounds of this type of worm. nothing else went into the bucket. The worm was a type that was not bothered by warmer temps. and was about the size of a pencil when full grown. At a certain time (month or so)you would take the big worms out of the bucket and place them into another bucket and let the original bucket hatch out and grow. I did not attend the siminar but picked up a brochure and lost it. I seem remember that the secret feed was in pellet form and when you seperated the worms you just sifted them through a sieve on top of another bucket. I can see problems with the system now but they were the only people that I ever saw having a siminar at a hotel on worm raising! I never saw anything elso about this system and wondered if anyone ever heard of it? What kind of nightcrawler likes warm temps? Thanks for any help, WFike

Comments (6)