SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pjintheozarks

Pls help me identify this vine?

pjintheozarks
16 years ago

I did not garden last year, and the garden was left as-is from the 2006 year when my (now ex) husband had taken it over. It's a ton of work to clean up, good thing I have a few months! After removing massive quantities of weed-clouds (like the tumbleweed from hell, sort of!) I found these vines, growing from several stalks, in a ground-bed in front of my trellis arches.

Now these could be the 'thornless blackberry' I bought many of, that he said he planted, but I've never seen.

They could be from the one 'raspberry' we got by accident with the others and allegedly planted.

They could be poison ivy. They do have 3-leaf clusters.

On the other hand, they are alive, if purple and dormant seeming, after some of the worst freezes ever, and the poison ivy normally doesn't do well at all even in chilly weather. Also, the 3-leaf clusters, usually poison ivy, I can't remember if one or two are a different 'size' than the third leaf, these are all the same size.

I have a picture of the vines, and more of a closeup on the leaves. My celfon doesn't take very good pics and there wasn't much sun, sorry about the quality.

If someone with knowledge of fruit vines could look at this and tell if it's the berries I've been waiting for so long, that would be great. I don't want to cut all this down in my cleanup if it's a 3-4 year berry vine finally! But if it's poison ivy I definitely want to. :-) Thanks.

Comments (3)