SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
proudgm_03

re: new mnf dog days of summer

proudgm_03
14 years ago

OK, yall! It is time for the MNF Dog Days of Summer Swap. Since the cats have had theirs, it is time for the dogs to have their day. You donÂt have to have a dog to participate but for those of us who do have one of manÂs best friends and garden buddies letÂs not forget to include them.

My co-host for the month is Abby. She is spoiled rotten

(worse than my grandkids) and is found wherever I am, either at my feet or in my lap. She likes to keep me company in the garden. Abby will be very sad shortly because school is starting and I have to go back to work. (She will not be as sad as me when that happens!) However, I did get her a kitten to keep her company and they have a great time tormenting, I mean entertaining, each other.

"Dog Days is the name for the most sultry period of summer, from about July 3 to Aug. 11. Named in early times by observers in countries bordering the Mediterranean, the period was reckoned as extending from 20 days before to 20 days after the conjunction of Sirius (the dog star) and the sun.

In the latitude of the Mediterranean region this period coincided with hot days that were plagued with disease and discomfort."

Source: Columbia Encyclopedia

Well, I can certainly relate to the sultry and discomfort part of the description as anything over 70 is too hot for this momma. Hot weather is hard for us all and tends to make people a tad cranky and uptight. So letÂs just make this a fun, take your mind off the heat, help your swap partner stay cool and relaxed kind of swap. Maybe Dan can send us all some of his special brownies to help us unwind!

Rules for the swap:

1. There really arenÂt any. LetÂs just relax and have some fun!

2. If you have a dog(s), please tell us about him/her/them, and share some pics.

3. If your partner has a dog, please send something for him/her.

4. Include some kind of garden item: seeds, bulbs, gardening tool, decoration, etc.

5. Sign ups will be until midnight Sunday, August 2nd.

6. Partners will be picked by Abby on Monday, August 3rd.

7. Boxes need to be sent out no later than Saturday, August 22nd.

Comments (70)