SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigoledude

Here's what I think of Texans!

bigoledude
15 years ago

I had several encounters with Texans in the past week. They just reinforced my opinion of Texans.

They were the kindest and most pleasant folks to deal with!

Every-once-in-a-while I come here to thank ya'll for being typical Texans. If you've read my posts before, please allow me to share with those who haven't.

As hurricane Katrina bore down toward us, we fled to Texas. Our group included me, my wife, my 4 sons and daughters-in-law and 6 grandchildren.

The folks in that tiny Texas town discovered that we were refugees and, that we all had about 13 feet of water in our houses. Within 2 days they had gathered clothes, food, medicine, diapers and everything you can imagine a family might need.

The church gymnasium, where the stuff was being brought, had enough goods to fill several 18-wheelers! As it turned out, there were many folks who benefited form that gym-full of treasure. Not the least of which was US!

My entire family loves everything Texas now. Don't even say anything about Texas or Texans around my boys!

Our family took the opportunity to gather funds and goods to send to the hurricane victims in the Galveston area. That was a joy for us all.

We love you guys in a way I hope ya'll never have to experience to truly understand. Still, after all this time we pray for ya'll. That God would bless you wonderful people and sustain you. That not only would HE supply what ya'll NEED, but that He would give ya'll the desires of your hearts!

Ray

Comments (4)