SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Double Larkspur and other interesting things ...

Part of the fun of gardening is discovering new things right in your own back yard.

I happened to notice this one clump of very dark blue larkspur ...

Looking closely I saw that the flowers were double making it look more like its relative Delphinium ...

Here is the my usual 'bunny eared' larkspur ...

Kathy remarked recently that she found a mutation among her larkspurs too. I'll ask her to will tell us about it on this thread.

When Linda M. offered to let me dig up one of her mock oranges that had spread around from the mama plant I almost said "No thanks", but am glad I didn't ...

It was just a few sticks at the time and I had no idea it would bloom this year especially since I cut it way back when planting, but it blooms on new wood and rewarded me with weeks of pure white flowers ...

I guess David Austin's St. Cecilia rose is the closest thing we can get to a cabbage rose in the south. It has an intense myrrh fragrance. This plant does especially well because it is on Fortuniana root stock. I'll try to get a full bush picture tomorrow ...

{{gwi:234245}}

It always amazes me how such a little cactus can produce such large flowers. And it has four more buds waiting in line! Must be due to the rain ...

Look at the number of bloom stalks on the Manfreda in the foreground! They are really going to be something else when they bloom. Is it because of the magic of rain? I can't wait until mine makes clumps this large. This was taken at ARE ...

And now for the bizarre. These contorted bloom stalks on the Red yucca at ARE have got to be due to excess moisture from the rain. Ya' think? ...

Hope you enjoyed the pictures -- from beauty to the beast!

Comments (20)