SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

The Weirdest Flower in my Garden ...

These are the weirdest flowers in my yard with a name to match :-) Voodoo lilies, but I love them and also love the exotic foliage which follows. I've never had three of them bloom at once before ...

More traditional are columbines shown here with some old pots with a fish design that I recently painted yellow and then antiqued by going over them with coarse sand paper. They never showed up much before, but now they they set off the columbines, yellow four nerve daisys, Grandma's yellow rose, and later yellow day lilies ..

Coral honey suckle starts early and blooms all summer. I need to replace the one on the other side that didn't make it. On the right is one of my favorite evergreen shrubs, Winter honeysuckle. It blooms in January/February with a strong wafting fragrance. I'll be bringing several nice size youngsters to the S. A. plant swap on April 2 ...

I just finished putting together this hanging basket last week. Instead of buying a liner I first put black plastic deer net which disappeared once the shredded tree mulch was added. On top of the mulch is landscape fabric which holds in the soil, but lets water through to drain. Planted are various members of the cacti and succulent family, epis, rickrack plant, grape veld, donkey ears, starfish flower, etc., all, including the basket, were received as gifts and trades. Thank you! ...

It's hanging over the potted cacti and succulent garden in the front yard. They make long wrought iron hangers now to loop up in the branches of trees. They cost $18 to $24 depending on the length, but Bob made this one by bending the ends of conduit. I painted it. Cost? Less than $2.00 ...

Oh, and the roses are starting! Here's one of the earliest; Archduke Charles ...

So what's going on in your gardens? We want to see and hear all about it!

Comments (23)