SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Garden Makeover Progress ...

Thanks to the wonderful weather with spring like days there's been some progress in the garden makeover. As most of you know the goal is to have more drought friendly plants while keeping color, garden art, and hopefully an interesting and lively garden design.

The tower bed has been planted with a recently divided Macho Mocha manfreda, agaves, yuccas, barrel cactus, grasses. It was more work than it looks like because decomposed granite was incorporated deep into the soil before planting. A cream colored form of the evergreen native red honeysuckle is planted in the tower ...

Three varieties of ornamental grasses are planted in the bed by the deck. Purple cone flowers will be added as well as Blackfoot daisies. It looks bare now, but may end up being too crowded. We'll see, which is part of the fun of trying new plants ...

St. Francis seems to cast a surprised and inquiring glance toward the resting woman. Maybe her placement there is less than ideal. What do you think? Oh well, she can be moved. Maybe I'll place a little fawn there. One nice thing about a makeover is when you move items around it seems as if they are new.

I know things look a little busy now, but I think it will look less so when the plants fill in.

Be happy gardening! I am ... :-)

Comments (21)