SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mangodog_gw

Palm Springs MangoDog Yard update July 2011

mangodog
12 years ago

Hey folks. Things are growing, Manny is fruiting and disappointment still hangs around....

First up Rosigold - showing growth, but had zero mangos:

next up - the Timotayo - not a new leaf in over 2 months - I don't know what's going on with this one

The Lancetilla is dying. Only a couple sprouts from the graft joint. I think dog pee is to blame but can't be sure. I've been watering heavily to try and dilute the nitrogen. Only one dog but with favorite spots....

Edward is the one I have under full umbrella coverage. It is on a west facing wall/hedge so gets very hot, and until it outgrows the umbrella, so it will stay...

Chocanon is doing fine. In our intense summer heat there is some growth...

The Nam Doc Mai is doing fine, too.

..the Glenn also....

The pickering shot out some new growth after I pick the 3 little mangos that were developing.

The 3-n-1 (Nam Doc Mai/Haden/Valencia Pride) doing well.

The Maha Chinook, after I cut the top of, had these 4 branches that sprouted (tough to see):

The picture of the Manila isn't so good - too much shade - but's there's about 25 on the tree - some nice and chunky! Will ripen in another couple weeks...

The Keitt has a couple mangos on it but I have no pic at the moment, nor do I have one of the Alphonso - having probably the best measurable growth of the bunch. I'll see if I can get a couple pictures soon - MangoDog

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting