SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalzone7_gw

Mid Fall 2011 outdoor pics of my yard!

tropicalzone7
12 years ago

Heres whats going on in my yard now! The forecast looks miserable so I did start preparing to get some plants inside and Im hoping to bring in most of the tender plants between tomorrow and Tuesday of Next week.

Spiral Ginger at night

Spiral ginger and Musa Saba during the day time

Spiral ginger and Musa saba at night

My european fan palm and part of my oleander is in this pic. They are both going into their second winter.

Some tropical potted plants on the deck (notice the low sun angle this time of the year)

Heres what it looks like after the plants got pruned a bit. I cut the plumerias for winter and I got rid of all the majesty palms damaged looking fronds

This is not even half of all the things that got pruned off

One of my 2 large livistonias

Spindle palm is bigger than ever, Plumeria divine is semi-dormant

A plumeria inflo that will probably never bloom

The Butterfly gingers are about to flower, that is if they can beat the cold weather!

I love this vine. The flowers remind me of orchids and the size of the flowers are completely unaffected by cooler and shorter days.

All the pool plants!

I dug up my papaya about 2 weeks ago and it did not do well. All the leaves are now gone, but I think it might actually live! Im going to take very good care of this one indoors this winter.

Heres a reminder of what it looked like (the plant is actually about the same height as I am (just a few inches short of 6 feet)..

Thanksgiving cactus is budding early this year which is probably a good thing

Bromelaids

The mandevillas are staying strong

All this will probably be dig up by next week. Its going to be very hard to do not just because of all the actual work involved in shoveling the soil around here, but also because of how good they look right now.

Some more budding Thansgiving Cactus

Azalea is in bloom!

Closer look at one of the mandevillea blooms

This area came out great this year and it would look even nicer if the oleanders bloomed longer

This is what happens to all my tree ferns every time. Luckily my Dicksonia looks like it will survive, but I almost lost it!

Healthy fronds slowly growing.

Ball moss from Florida

Another look at the sky vine

Variegated sea hibiscus

A pretty nice annual flower because its a strong bloomer even in the Fall months

And a few more palm pics. This Trachy is going into its 3rd winter and the Livistonia is going into its second.

I had to cut the leaves off of my plumerias today. They will be inside tomorrow

Philodendron leaf with another reliable bloomer that blooms from spring to frost

Majesty palm and Lantana

Pups on my Ice cream banana!

An example of all white Variegation on my Sweet Potato Vine

Im probably not protecting this pindo palm this winter because it only grew one frond this summer and thats after 3 summers in the ground. I have another pindo palm on the other side of my house that has already grown more fronds in one summer than this pindo palm did in 3!

Thanks for looking! Good luck with the cooler weather everyone! I already cant wait until Summer.

-Alex

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting