SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalzone7_gw

Late August 2011 (Pre Irene) pics of my yard

tropicalzone7
12 years ago

Usually my yard is at its fullest and greatest in Late September to mid October, but with Hurricane Irene, I have a good feeling that most of my plants will be damaged so this is the best my yard might look this summer.

I saw a hummingbird last night and I had my camera in hand for once so I was able to get a few blurry images of the hummingbird getting some food from my cardinal vine's flowers.

I wish I could have snapped better pictures, but the lighting wasnt great and I took it from a big distance.

Heres a pic of the cardinal vine

Staghorn fern

From left to right... Foxtail palm, fern, Trachy, Papaya, Desert Rose, Elephant ear, Thai Black banana, Scott Pratt Plumeria, Canna, butterfly ginger, variegated Umbrella plant, and Blue Java Banana.

Papaya flowers!

And some azalea blooms too!

All the pool plants

My Philodendron got pretty buried by plants and hasnt been in a lot of pics because of it, so here is a pic of it!

Orchid thats about to bloom and will be going inside for the hurricane

Plumeria Divine cutting is also going inside for the hurricane

A look at the mess I have to clean up every evening thanks to the mexican petunias. The blooms are worth it though because they attract tons of pollinators though!

Mandevilleas and Coconut palm

Croton

This giant plumeria is going inside for the hurricane also

My bouganvillea was getting sick about a month ago (stopped blooming and some leaves fell off). I fertilized it like crazy and watered it a ton and now its blooming again!

Mediterranean fan palm

Spiral ginger and Musa Saba

Spiral ginger

Brugmansia

My new Kramer Supreme Camellia and one of my Trachys

This pindo palm has grown pretty fast (3 fronds this year). Its in full sun. The Frostproof gardenia below it is blooming pretty well right now!

Frostproof Gardenia

My Fern

Silver Saw Palmetto

Queen palm and Crape Myrtle

Crape Myrtle Zuni

Sabal minor

My Musa Velutina and some paparus

My cacti succulent collection (some of them anyways)

My weather station

My best brugmansia flower pic yet!

My younger coconut palm

Pool plants at night

Queen palm in front yard

Brugmansia and Bananas from above.

Thanks for looking! I'll be posting some damage pics on here too!

-Alex

Comments (15)