SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Watch for People Taking Advantage of Generous Gardeners

sylviatexas1
15 years ago

Since someone took advantage of several of us at the FW Swap the other day, I wanted to remind everyone to think before you offer, especially since there are so many swaps going on this time of year.

A "newbie" posted on the Swap thread asking for free stuff, & I responded that she needed to bring *something*, at least a token, in exchange.

She didn't post again but emailed me...& I learned later that she emailed another trader...saying what a good idea it was to bring cookies.

I've since learned that she also posted on craigslist asking for plants & offering irises & bulbs.

so she knew that she should bring something, & she had offered to bring several different things.

She came to the swap with *nothing* but a big container for carrying home plants, & I gave her several, not realizing until later that she was the one who had posted acknowledging that she should bring something to offer.

It isn't the giving away of the plants that rubs me the wrong way, I think we're all very generous in that respect...

but I don't like to be used, & I don't think anyone else does, either.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21