SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrslick

Need help with tomato selection, Funny Story!

Despite surviving a weeks worth of freezing over night temps, I lost two tomato plants. However, not from freezing weather. Today it was 75 and after work the girls (6,4, and 2) were outside playing and watering. Well I went to shut off the water and came back to my two year old sitting on a very small (thank goodness it wasn't a big one) tomato plant and her little shovel on top of the other! She was just smiling so big. She loves helping daddy and being outside. I just laughed and said " Looks like we are going shopping"! She said "Ca" "Ca" (car)

Well, she did a great job of breaking them both off. They might grow back, but I am not going to wait and see. I currently have 34 plants in the hoop building. BHN 640's, Celebrity, Big Beef, and Lemon Boy (4 year old loves yellow). I need to replace the two killed ones.

Any suggestions for the hoop building? They need to be determinate. I planted the indeterminates in the middle and these were on the sides. I have a bunch of plants to plant outside of the hoop house, I was just wanting to test another variety inside. I will be dealing with what I can find at stores and nurserys.

I was thinking, if I can find two, Florlina, Amelia, Bush Early Girl, Merced, Florida 91, Heartland (small indeterminate), Mountain Spring, Rutgers, or any other ideas?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner