SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

emotional gardening?

pjtexgirl
17 years ago

I can design the interior of a house fairly well with balance,color,style and all that from one end of the house to the other. The rooms will have continuity and all that. I usually fairly consistant about the whole thing.

I can think out and design a garden with all the same characteristics but ONLY ON PAPER!!! I "plunk" something awful. I was wondering why.

I think I figured it out. My mother was an exceptional gardener in a harsh climate.Her gardens were really beautiful just for the sheer number of gorgeous flowers and trees. However, she gardened back in the days of herbacides,pestacides and fertilizers. Her water bill in the early 80's was over 400.00 dollars a month. (I don't even KNOW how much it would be for that garden I grew up with now! ) Almost all of her plants were bright and shiny hybrids with no drought tolerance or pest resistance to speak of. I grew up with those plants. I admired them and spent time with them before conservation became a part of my life. I want the fancy-pants plants of my childhood and the conservation plants of my future. So I can't decide on anything! Hence, I "plunk" instead of plan. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. PJ

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting