SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolann_z8

Does anyone watch Grey's Anatomy , Lost or Prison Break?

carolann_z8
18 years ago

I can't wait till Sunday night for the new Gray's Anatomy.

I also look forward to Lost every Weds. and Prison Break when it returns in March. Is anyone else watching these shows. If you arn't then you're really missing something.

Comments (89)

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

The bomb squad guy was killed? Oh, no. Not him. I was hoping that he would be added to the cast. He would have been a great rival to McDreamy. Incidentally, that bomb squad guy, I believe, was the guy in that old show, First Edition, about the man that got the newspaper a day ahead of time, and went around trying to save the day. He sure has improved with age.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

Oh yeah, you're right, he is dreamy. They didn't exactly say he was dead but he wasn't there after and it exploded in the hospital corridor, so I think, they left you thinking that's what happened. He wouls have been a great edition. It is television, they could still bring him back now or during sweeps week,hehehe

• Related Discussions

Our Story Using TV Shows....The Entire Story Line

Q

Comments (2)
    Thanks for all your hard work Karen! Can't wait to read it in its entirety. Jodi-
    ...See More

Do you binge-watch anything??

Q

Comments (91)
    Binge watching Gilmore Girls right now. I had seen some episodes before because they were reruns on tbs or tnt in the morning before my classes back in college. Apparently I had watched more than I thought because most of the earlier seasons had stuff I remembered watching before. I'm on Season 6 and it seems like Rory makes really horrible judgement calls on guys, as do Lorelai for the most part (except Max). I'm just finishing so I can watch the revival once it's out in November.
    ...See More

Are you watching/going to watch any JB Ramsey documentaries?

Q

Comments (54)
    I watched the CBS shows and I've watched the Dateline and some of the Dr. Phil. I don't know what to think, other than believing an intruder is the least-likely scenario. Not impossible, but very unlikely, due to the way the note was written, the way the body was discovered, and Burke's interviews shortly after the crime and 18 months after the crime. Burke said he heard his mother come into his room and then go out of it looking for JonBenet, and then he heard her in hysterics (as he said in the interview afterward "going psycho") and just stayed in bed pretending to sleep or trying to sleep, rather than go try to find out what had happened. Picture your own kids. You burst into your 9 year old's room and then just as suddenly depart. You are frantically crying and screaming, alerting your spouse and then placing a 911 call. Your 9 year old doesn't freeze with fear. They don't hide. They also don't come ask you what's wrong. They don't go find dad and ask what's wrong. They just stay in bed and wait. The only reason I can think of for him to do this is either that he was used to the sound of adults "going psycho" in other parts of the house and did not find that unusual/alarming--or he knew what the problem was and was waiting to find out how his parents were going to handle it.
    ...See More

What are we watching in August?

Q

Comments (131)
    Yep - you're getting very close to what I'm talking about. The ship decorated with the ... things ... OMG, so EWWWWW! You really do witness some scenes in this series that you cannot UNsee! I confessed to DH (he and I watch together - part of our nightly ritual) that I read ahead online (might have been IMDB) and knew of one particular plot twist that I wasn't too keen on. I didn't spoil it for him, although when it finally happened it was easy to see it coming all along.
    ...See More
  • carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I was so shocked when the bomb blew up. I never dreamed it would blow. That did make it a lot more dramatic though.

Sally, this was the best episode ever. Sex, violence and lots of drama. lol

I set my VCR in case my DH was flipping through channels like he does but luckily I watched it. It'll probably re-run soon.

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

This isn't the first time the VCR has let us down. Both DH and I double checked the time it was set to record, and I'm thinking it quit after just 39 minutes. It wasn't even the end of the tape, cause what we recorded over was still there and going on. Oh, well. I'll look for it in the re-runs.

Who's ex showed up?

Sally

• User
    18 years ago

Okay, now I HATE Sawyer!! I can't believe he murdered that poor little tree frog, he is scum!!! I hope "the others" catch him and he gets what he deserves!!

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Last night, when he did that, I turned to DH and said, "He really IS evil." Up till now, there was that little bit of hope that he had at least some good in him. Nope, uh-uh. Not one little ounce of good is in that guy.

Oh, yeah, yippeee, they're repeating Grey's Anatomy tonight. I get to see it afterall. Of course, now I know what's going to happen, but it'll be fun to watch, anyway.

Sally

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Okay, I got to see the whole episode this time. Did anybody not care that the bomb squad guy got blown to pieces? They could have added at least one line into the show to honor him for sacrificing his life to save theirs. It also really bugged me when Meredith started visualizing McDreamy instead of the bomb squad guy. I guess they're just not going to let her wise up and move on with her life. Other than those little complaints, it was one of the best episodes ever.

Sally

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I taped Lost and haven't had a chance to watch it yet so I can't look at the previous posts just in case you guys say anything that'll give stuff away.

I hope the tape worked. My Grandaughter spent the night and brought a movie along. SHEEEEESH

Doesn't her Mom know better than to send her over on Lost night, or Grey's Anatomy night, or Survivor night.
    I could probably keep going. hehehe

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

I am so P*%%#*, I thought I heard them say, last week it would be an all new Lost episode

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Me, too. It took a while to realize it wasn't a flashback, but a rerun of the first episode. I watched it a while just because watching people go around in circles on the Olympics was boring, but finally I just stayed with the Olympics when they went to the skying. At least that wasn't a repeat. I don't know how those women could see where they were going in the fog.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

I recorded it and stayed up late to watch it without being bothered,lol
    Then I was bothered more because it was a rerun,lol

I missed Grey's Anatomy completely,lol

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jolana, I can't believe you missed Grey's Anatomy.

It's really getting good.
    The best thing that happened is that George finally told Merideth how much he loved her and that he'd always be there for her and right before it ended she was pulling off both of their clothes.

Looks like George might get lucky.

I like George but I hope he doesn't get hurt.

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

WHAT??????
    Is that how they really ended it??

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Yep. I'm afraid he is going to get hurt, and he's really the best man there.

Sally

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It does kind of sound like something I would've made up but this time it's true.

Sally will back me up.

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

I believed you, I just can't believe it
    Dang, that is a hurt waiting to happen

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Lost sure was good last time.
    I guess that French woman is nice after all.

It's such a mystery.

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

It was excellent. DS had to work late that night and called to make sure we were recording it.
    Yeah, turns out she's nice and her daughter is still alive

Locke made me mad letting that little guy play him like that.
    What do y'all think is up with the *others*
    and why are they getting kids and why do they kill some and not all?

• User
    18 years ago

Maybe it's "Deliverance Island", we'll know for sure if Burt R. pops up. :o)

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Now that would really be scarey!

Lost is so good and imaginative. I applaud that they had the nerve to do something different, and I'm glad they're doing it well.

And George on Grey's Anatomy did get hurt. Of course. But maybe it'll turn out for the better, anyway, the way it's looking.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

It looks like George is fixin to get involved with someone that will appreciate him. Yea

I can't wait for Lost this week. It is supposed to be new, right?

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

They FINALLY had a new episode of Lost this week. Did anybody watch it? What do you think of the prisoner they have? I think he's a good addition to the plot. It's sure hard to tell if he's telling the truth or not. Have they walked into a trap? Even before the prisoner suggested it might be a trap, I thought of that. I figured that "The Others" just might be waiting to ambush them when they got there, or that it was a map to their territory. We'll see. Even if they find the balloon, it doesn't necessarily prove that he's telling the truth. He could have seen the balloon and made up a story to go with it.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

I don't trust that guy and that's probaly how he got the part, lol He looks weasely, lol
    It was in the previews, I think that they saw the balloon, in the trees.
    That is a perfect ambush area, with that clearing.
    So is Sun telling the truth about not being *with* anyone else? She kind of had a guilty look

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ditto Sally and Jolana.

He probably just saw the balloon and made the whole story up.

I don't know about Sun. She does seem to be hiding something.
    I'm glad her DH planted the plants back. I would've been so mad if he'd done that to me.
    Did you see the previews for the next episode? It really looks good.

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

It does look good. I thought tonight was Wed. and I was thinking I missed it, lol

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

I don't know about Sun. I have heard of couples that have conceived even after both having their respective surgeries to prevent babies. Her husband is a piece of work, though. Isn't he showing the abusive husband pattern, of being abusive, then apologetic, then abusive, then apologetic, etc.?

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. It does look like lots will happen.

Sally

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Well, did anybody watch the last episode of Lost? They just keep adding mysteries upon mysteries. I was totally confused by Jack walking up to the parachute like it was in between the beach and the hatch, while the tough lady, Charlie and Sahid had to walk for a full day to get to it. Huh? What am I missing? And that mystery guy just keeps on getting more mysterious. I can't wait till the next episode.

Sally

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sally, that was a different parachute. The one they wallked to was the smiley face parachute.

I know what you mean about Mr Weasel.
    About the time I started to think he was a good guy, he turned out to be one of the Others.

What the heck were all those symbols that lit up on the hatch door. That looked sort of alien looking.

DoDo DoDo DoDo DoDo....

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

A different parachute. Hmm. I wonder where it came from...well, I know the sky, but, when did it get there? Hmmm... Those symbols looked kind of astrological, but we didn't get a real good look. Interestinger and interestinger.

Sally

• courtskey83
    18 years ago

I dont know where it would have come from, but its the first time the wall came down in the hatch, and the first time a parachut of food was dropped. I think the two are connected.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

"I dont know where it would have come from, but its the first time the wall came down in the hatch, and the first time a parachut of food was dropped. I think the two are connected."

Good thinking...

Maybe the alarm sets things in motion and it all took place when some emergency equipment went off.

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

I forgot the parachute was loaded with food. The alarm has gone off before, without that other stuff happening. In fact, the alarm didn't go off until after the wall had been down a while. I think you're onto something, though, about the wall coming down and the parachute.

Sally

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It's really a mystery.
    Who dropped the chute and why did Harley stay fat even before they found all that food.

I can't wait till the next episode.

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

I think Harley might have lost some weight. We watched part of a re-run of the first episode, and he looked even larger than he does now.

Sally

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Does anyone else feel cheated by last night's episode of Grey's Anatomy? It was billed as a new episode, but it was a repeat in disguise. I hate it when they do that kind of thing. For those who missed it, you didn't miss anything. They just had Joe, from the bar, recapping all that's happened since the beginning of the show. They showed clips from all the episodes, ending with the hunky vet coming up to meet Meredith. What a disappointment. If they are going to show a repeat, then tell us it's a repeat. I channel surfed instead of watching it as soon as I realized what they were up to.

Sally

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ditto Sally.

I was really looking forward to it too.

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

We were cheated!!!! How 'bout Lost last week was it not on at all? I have the VCR set to record it every week and it didn't but it's still set. Was it on? If so, what happened?

• courtskey83
    18 years ago

All new episode this week right?!?! hope so... The lost people keep stringing me on... they'll show new episodes for like 2 weeks, then reruns or none at all. Bad Wobots.

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

They had Alias on instead of Lost. They've reprised Alias just long enough to tie it up and cancel it. I liked Alias when it was first on, and still find it somewhat amusing in a comic book sense, but definately won't be heartbroken when it's no longer on. I had actually forgotten about it until they brought it back.

I don't know if Lost is going to be new or not. It looks like they might be doing the same thing with it that they did with Grey's Anatomy. Either that, or they're doing a separate show recapping what's happened so far. I just know I saw an ad that basically said they were recapping what's happened, but they're calling the show something else.

ABC is going to start loosing viewers the way they're doing things.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

Sally, you're right if they advertise a new episode and then it's a rerun or NOTHING, people will start turning the channel for some sort of entertainment.
    I'll get out of the habit of watching it if I miss it enough, especially with Daylight Savings Time,lol I can be outside

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

This daylight savings time has me forgetting to watch some of my favorite shows. I stay outside thinking it's early and before you know it, I've missed it.

Too bad you arn't watching Prison Break. It's getting really good and that Michael is so HOT!!! sigh...

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Well, did anyone watch Lost this week? It looks like major changes are being made. I won't be happy if they kill off Hurley's girlfriend. Anna Lucia is interesting, but I don't really care about her. I care about Hurley.

Shoulda known that Michael would have been converted. When he told them it would be easy to take the "others" I didn't believe it. I'm surprised they fell for it.

Sally

• User
    18 years ago

Kinda shocking how they offed Ana L, that surprised me. I too hope Libby will pull through. And I will add that I never did like Michael, hehe.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Did any of you notice any hidden clues? There was something on the bottom of the screen about hidden clues.

This show always has be gasping from shock. I really wasn't looking for any of the things that happened.

• Dena Walters
    18 years ago

hmmm???? carolann????..
    WHO IS BE???? I have to admit..I dont watch...but if it has BE "gasping" from shock...sheshh it must be good??..I GOTTA WATCH...LOL!!!
    :~P
    Dena
    P.S...Sorry..ALL..had way to many Bulldogs tonite .. DH got laid off Monday...no job YET..sighh..and I really wanted to see BE "GASP"!!!...lol
    Thanks All
    Dena

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

Dena, This is Texas, girl you need to drink a Texas drink and quit the Colorado Bulldogs, hehehehe
    Why did you not tell me about DH getting laid off? Good luck with that.
    That episode was a complete shocker but like I told Petra, Ana Lucia was too mean but I didn't want anything to happen to Libby, besides I wanted to find out how she got out of the hospital and why she was on the same airplane as Hurley.
    Was Ana Lucia involved with the death of Jack's father???
    I didn't see any clues what were they?

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Dena, my nose was stopped up when I typed that.

Working around the dusty leaf blower.
    ...don't you feel sorry for be?
    (sniff sniff)

I'm sorry your DH was laid off. I hope this is a short lay off.

It's so weird that a lot of them knew each other before the crash. Did you see who Ana Lucia opened the car door into at the bar?

Also don't you think the Lady at the door Jack's Dad knocked on might be the Claire's mother.

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

Yeah, remember Sawyer and Jack's Dad talking in the bar and then later on the island Sawyer telling Jack.
    We all would remember more if they hadn't jumped around without new shows

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Dena, I remember when my DH was laid off. Even though he hated the job he was laid off from, it was very difficult for both of us, anyway. I hope your DH ends up with a better job, and things go well for you. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. BTW, my DH found a job he liked much better, but paid a fraction of what he was making before. In the end, the happiness in the job is much more important than the money.

I forgot about Libby being in the hospital with Hurley. I'm sure this is all leading up to a big season finale cliffhanger, but what can they do to top what they've done so far?

I didn't pay any attention to that clue thing. It's a gimmick for the local news station and their sweeps. I don't watch that channel much any more for news since they've gotten a lot more trashy than they used to, and I like Kristine Kahanek's (sp?) weather reports the best.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    18 years ago

I forgot Kristine Kahanek moved up there, she used to be our weatherperson. She is good