SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

MTPS: Are you as tired as I am?

conniemcghee
13 years ago

Wow, that really whipped me! I am such a wimp. I didn't really *do* anything, but I ended up taking a two-hour nap when I got home. Meanwhile, my mom went to Ellington and worked and walked around five more hours over there.

My sister and I often wish we had inherited her endurance.

Anyway, great swap! As always it was lots of fun. Not a huge crowd, but I think I have a better time actually when the crowd is smaller. Seems like you get to talk to people more, rather than just running around like crazy.

I'm so happy with all my plants! They've all been watered and tucked away until tomorrow when I can plant them.

Heather, the special surprise you brought for me is so great! It was the first thing I showed Kevin when he got home. :) I don't know how you could have known, but I have really been wanting a yellow canna, and this one sounds like it will be so gorgeous with the peach and pink. And of course I just love all the other plants you swapped with me.

Rhonda, thank you so much for trading one of your super-cool garden markers with me! That was the one thing I did address when I got home. I took it to the area near the Homestead Verbena where the butterflies have been swarming all summer and placed it there. It looks very cool. :)

Thanks to everyone else who traded with me. I was very happy to get lots of Solomon's Seal (which is this season's aggravated monkey grass) and lots of great cuttings to try from Velvet and Heather. Thanks to Glenda for the Wild Ginger too, another thing I've always admired and wanted to try.

Tomorrow I need to get last year's plants out of the nursery and into the yard to make room for the new nursery inhabitants.

I think now it's time for a hot bath. See you guys in the spring!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting