SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohiojay

Supplements/additives usage?

ohiojay
18 years ago

What's everyone using for their tropical fruit trees out there? Anybody experiment with some of the millions of products out there? Anyone try something unusual to get a plant out of a stubborn growth freeze? What foliar applications do you use?

This can be organic or non, foliar and/or soil. Please share your experiences...good and bad. What worked and what failed to work...and what just plain failed!? What did you use that you SWORE you read the directions properly only to find out that...well..."I missed that step!"?

I'm growing only tropical fruit trees. I do the normal fertilizers and such. I've added liquid "soil acidifier with iron". I had a couple of potted plants that looked a little chlorodic. I can't say that I've seen any benefits with this. On the down side... when it says that you must water first before applying the mixed product...they weren't kidding. In my defense...that part of the instructions were a little smudged. You buying that? Didn't think so. Well, I killed one 2 year old seedling and severely injured another.

I just finished adding earthworm castings to all my trees, all in containers of course. If it works as good as it looks...I'm in business. I also purchased Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed for soil application and Earthjuice Microblast for foliar applications. All this is new so the jury is still out.

Oh yeah...I also purchased Organicide. Hopefully it will help rid my Carambola of spidermites. Let me tell you something...this product better work because it is the most vile smelling crap I've come across! It's mostly fish oils so you can only imagine. Again, Ohiojay, Ohio... my plants are inside. The entire upstairs of the house smelled like a fish market in the heat of the day! Man was my wife not happy with that! Not a good move on my part.

So let's hear about your efforts. Thanks! Jay

Comments (6)