SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boyz_gw

What am I doing wrong?

17 years ago

Hello everyone! I am glad I found this forum. I am a beginner gardener and have started my first garden this year! I decided to do the square foot garden using Mel's mix. I followed his directions exactly (5 different composts/vermiculite/peat moss).

Here is my problem. My plants are not doing well! I planted my peas (Burpee Super Sugar Snap) on St. Patty's day and currently they are about 12 inches tall and a pale green color. They are no way close to bearing peas. They are growing so slow. I planted lettuce/spinach over a month ago and they too are not growing fast at all. I planted my tomatoes about 4-5 weeks ago and put the walls of water around them. They are yellow as can be and not growing either. the only things that are doing well are my broccoli plants and my radishes.

So I am trying to figure out what is wrong. Do they need fertilizer? Am I watering too much (I water daily)? I can see them turning yellow if I water too much but I don't understand the stunted growth. Can anyone help? I was soo excited to have peas and now I know I won't get them this spring. :(

Comments (11)

Sponsored