SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

Lopsided Garden-ultimate lumpiness (Part III)

serenasyh
14 years ago

O.K. here are my crazy musings about why in the HECK my garden is always lumpyÂ

Here are my 2 Lincolns after I stopped hacking themÂtheir puny flowers are gradually getting largerÂbut they still look like pom-poms! JeffAurora, heeeeelp! I need your magic touch with Mr. Lincoln.

Why do my Lincolns look like a floribunda???? Or a cabbage pouff-ball???

O.K. here is an example of cabbage flowers in the making!

Here is the first phase from the same Lincoln blossom-the ultimate! In lumpiness:

and here is its final form:

Here is Gemini. Oddly, it keeps trading places with Fragrant Cloud. Now FC is asleep, with multiple closed buds, and here is Gemini wanting to pretend itÂs a continual bloomer instead of an ordinary repeat bloomer.

Here are just two transitional blooms between the 2nd and 3rd flush.

Here is the early middle part of the 3rd flush. At first, I couldn't take photos because the earliest blooms were smooshed by relentless winds and thunderstoms. These following blooms are all different from each other but they look so much alike in their spiraling petals! my favorite hybrid tea form! Gemini always does great in the heat and with scattered rains, so long as itÂs not unrelenting thunderstorms. Its blooms do decrease a little in size during cooler weather/fall conditions.

I call my Penny Lane climbing rose my little Gardenia. Its scent is unique to me, like gardenias. ItÂs too young to have any of the classical shape of its maturity blooms. Both Penny Lane and Special Occasion roses are prolific bloomers and their blooms are very consistent in style and shape.

Special Occasion:

Here is TiffanyÂs first bloom on its 3rd flush.

Comments (32)