SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

Lopsided-Lumpy-Limping! Garden (preview part I)

serenasyh
14 years ago

EEEEKS! my photos are not worth posting except to lift up the spirits of anyone who is down-and-out in zone 3-5 who is just waiting and waiting for their roses to still come up from the bare ground after being killed off in the wintertime, lol! Or for anyone else who has a hard time with their camera or a hard time with their garden, haha! O.K. my confession-I have a super nice wonderful Canon XT Rebel and shame on me, I'm too lazy and lumpy to take out the manual and follow directions, but someday, someday I will, lol! In the meantime, have a chuckle--we have Lopsided Limping-Along from me!

The one tulip out of 3 planted in very awkward places that managed to bloom (planted by the previous home owner)in root infested soil and full shade (last 2 years nothing bloomed).

My rhododendron that I got last June. I need my dog to help hide the "nightmare", hehe!

This is before my rhodoendron started blooming. I took this photo on Easter Sunday. They bloomed the day after Easter, by the way. Here you can see tiny Penny Lane which was overwintered in my garage (to the far right). Since then it is filling up very nicely with 3 new basal canes but it still has a long way to go in terms of actually being ready to bloom.

Here are two initial blooms from blind growth stems that later turned green and produced blossom buds. These just opened today and are only 3". But!!! it's great to know that blind growth can still produce blooms and beat the outdoors Knockouts in Kansas City. The Knockouts I noticed are budding but haven't opened yet-usually outdoor blooms for us don't start until late May except for Knockouts. I have a few more blind growth F.C. blossom buds that will probably open in a day or two. On the 2nd photo, you can see what a crappy job I do at keeping my hand steady. I could not replicate this same nice angle of the bloom with it in focus, so this is the best I can do, lol!

My other outside roses look like trimmed poodles. If anyone wants more consolation about their garden, I will happily demonstrate my yucky garden, but for the rest of you with your Gorgeous roses, you can close your eyes and run for your life, hahahaha! Cheers and hugs to everyone!

Comments (14)