SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Every Picture Tells a Story Don't It ?

boxofrox
12 years ago

So much about why we create and why we garden is "Necessity is a Mutha" and I wanted to tell this simple pathetic story with pictures because it is an unfortunate consequence of what we have become and why we are in such disgusting national disarray as a result. Many of you here know that I built everything my garden is from scratch and out of pocket. I started solving a structural issue by building a rock garden and pond and then proceeded to design and build what would become my "Little Eden". Right as I was finishing my extensive investment in time, hard labor, and finances the economy tanked and my neighborhood started to descend into various forms of Section 8 and rentals. The house next to me was rented to an extended family of 13 who over the span of a year have proceeded to run the place into the ground. I gave them a lawn mower so they could at least mow the front lawn once a month, I've offered to loan them any tool they need to clean up their disgusting mess so I won't have to look at it and on and on and on. My cedar and copper fences

were initially designed to screen the unsightliness of the owner's (who now rents to them) side yard because my house cocks and looks at their disgusting mess. The plan was to grow a combo of alternating shrub and climbing roses and clematis along with the attractive fence so the eye would not look through to the mess behind. So these are the pics I have been sharing with you over the last several years. Pics like this taken over the last several days.....

{{gwi:1254542}}

From the day they moved in over a year ago, the 8 adults have acted like they are allergic to work or the outdoors or both and we have had some serious disagreements over their responsibilities to their neighbors. About 3 months ago a huge disgusting arborvitae in their front yard suffered a lot of damage in the wind and was cut down and instead of being removed from the premises, it was hauled back guess where ?????? Behind the aforementioned fence where it is now a house fire in the making just waiting for a wayward pop bottle rocket on the 4th of July. I am going to be out of town that whole week and was extremely concerned because I've been getting insulted by lame excuses for a long time on why it hasn't been removed. So I had a very heated meet and greet with the neighbors where it all descended into a they be too poor for tools, I be too rich because of what I slaved to create. They have 5 babies in the house that will go up like a dead pine in a forest fire and it's somehow my fault even though they sit with their a$$ in front of a flat screen while I slave in my garden. And people wonder what happened to this country we used to be proud of................:-(

My rave is over, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. This is what lies behind my fence.......:-( The picture is deceiving because the pile is actually almost 6' high and 20' long.

Comments (16)