SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayberrygardener

I think an apology is in order...

9 years ago

I'm laughing as I post this, and I hope others are too, but I think that (no, I KNOW that) I messed up and mixed my Cherokee Purple tomato seeds with my Champagne cherry seeds when I planted them this year! I know several folks were promised one or the other at the swap this year, and hopefully you aren't throwing darts at me right now.
I discovered this because I intentionally planted what I thought was the champagne cherry where it would be right by the path, a favorite quick snack while watering the garden. Imagine my surprise when those little green guys started getting HUGE. and PURPLE! Where were my precious little pale champagnes? Oh, there they are, in the back row, kind of hidden, you know: the ones with the Cherokee tag on them...
Anyway, if you're one of the unlucky few, please accept my humblest apologies, with the reminder that from my garden to yours, hopefully the mistake can still be seen as a blessing! Both are heirloom varieties and excellent for saving seed (which is actually where the mistake happened last fall!), although their flavors are quite different!

Comment (1)