SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cnetter2

Lilacs, please post your veggie pics here

cnetter
16 years ago

Lilacs,

Please post the pics you have over in the veggie forum here. You're getting advice from folks east of the Mississippi, where soil is naturally black and the growing season is totally different. Here, healthy soil can be naturally grey like yours. I find myself almost totally dissagreeing with the folks there, but since I'm an unknown there, I don't feel confidant posting there, even though I'm a very experienced gardener who gets darn good crops from her garden.

I think you'll get very different advice here - for instance I don't think your plants look stunted or nutritionally deficient - just suffering from our incredible heat and lack of humidity. But I'd really like others that live here to give their opinions.

Gardening here is just so very very different from back east where I originally came from.

About the only thing I'm agreeing with over there is on the use of mulch to keep the soil cool and moist.

cn

For other folks reading this, please go over to the veggie forum and see the posts. Maybe my brain is fried and I'm all wet.

Comments (10)