SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliecat_gw

my weird rose bush. Anyone know the name?

AlieCat
18 years ago

Hello all!

I have been wanting to post this for awhile now but waited until the roses bloomes again. I want to see if anyone can identify it. I bought it and planted it last October but didn't know much about roses so I planted it to close to other things. Anyway.. I am learning alot about roses now and I'm planning to move it a foot over in the late fall.

Anyway I have lots of pictures of the growing process. I think this rose is very weird cause it looks like teo diffrent roses growing on the same bush.

Ok first I will give all the info..

I bought this bush and another one (not shown) at Wal-Mart when they were trying to get rid of them. I already had 2 rose bushes in my garden and thought I would add some more with them.

These roses were on clearence for $5 so I dug through all of them and grabbed two that had roses on them so I knew what color they were. This one showed pink roses.

I am pretty sure that it is a Jackson & Perkins rose cause all of them were. The two I bought didn't have tags. Thats why I need your help.

I am only posting ID on one bush because the other one doesn't bloom much so there is only like one pic of it. And it's not a good one.

I planted this last October so this was the first spring and summer I had with it.

Here is the first pic from April 21st

I thought it was weird looking because all the new growth had bigger leaves then the rest of the bush. And the rose is RED! So I thought this was even more weird.

{{gwi:1228189}}

Here is a close up

{{gwi:1228190}}
Ok here is a pic 8 days after. It looks like the rose that was on there turned into a completly diffrent type of rose.

{{gwi:1228192}}
The roses that were on there turned orange and then the older ones turned pink.

Ok here is a picture from June 22.

See they are pink here.

{{gwi:1228194}}

At this time I was confused and was waiting for new buds to come up.

Here it is yesterday. Note that the buds are red. Now I do know that some rose change in color but I don't understand about the first pics in April how it looks like a completly different rose.

Here is yesterdays bud

{{gwi:1228195}}
This is the rose from yesterdays bud. It looks like it skiped that red hybrid tea look it had in april.
Unless that's what it looks like when it's opening up.
{{gwi:1228196}}

And this is this afternoon. I did have to mess with the coloring because it was raining and dark when I took this. So the rose looks like a weird color but it was the same as this mornings.

{{gwi:1228197}}

So if anyone has any info that would help identify this rose I would so appreciate it!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus