SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newsview

My favorite rose ever but I don't know the name!

newsview
17 years ago

Good afternoon,

This is my first post and what inspired me to join Garden Web. Back in November 2000, I had just purchased my first digital camera  all of 1.3MP  with which I captured the following rose while visiting family members in Hemet, CA. This beauty was in the landscaping outside an assisted living facility. The bush itself wasn't too big, and still quite low to the ground (as I recall). The bloom was average in size (not a mini or tea rose type). It was freestanding and not against a wall or fence. Other than that, I don't remember many details aside from what the camera captured. I'm hoping someone here can help me ID this rose because I am hoping to locate this variety to plant in memory of my departed relative. I thought it would be simple to ID the rose but in the years since I've asked local rose enthusiasts, among others, and can't seem to come up with a name. Most recently, I visited the Heritage Rose Website and the closest color match I could come up with was "Night Light"  except the petal configuration is quite different.

I would be most grateful for postings that contain links that depict or sell whatever type of rose this is. Thanks!

Image link:

Comments (14)