SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david52_gw

Guaranteed way to bring a late frost

david52 Zone 6
16 years ago

So, I know better than to plant anything frost sensitive before June. But I forget that I know that. So, this year like all the years before, I start looking twice a day at the NOAA web sites for the area, and see that nighty-night temperatures are only down in the low 40's, and I get that old urge to quit tripping over stuff in the greenhouse and start moving things out.

For the last few days, they (you know, THEM) had that a cold front was due next week, and lows down to 38ºF. "Ah Ha" I said to myself. "That means Ol' Mr. Frosty will be paying us a visit" and I didn't do anything rash. However this morning, I checks again, and the lows forecast are in the mid-40's, and I figure, well, we're good to go. So today, I moved out 20 hanging petunia baskets, 15 big containers of eggplant, 12 huge containers of geraniums, planted 30 geraniums in window boxes, and moved the gy-normous, really heavy, 3 foot high, fake-o ceramic (its really plastic) tub o' pepper plant all out to their summer locations.

And just now, I check NOAA again, and see that they forecast lows of 33ºF.

I mean, you can see those weather guys high-fiving each other. And thats pretty definite proof that they use those weather satellites for spying on me, too.

Comments (30)