SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

Who's afraid of Virginia Creeper?

digit
16 years ago

I've always kind of admired this vine from afar and even deliberately started a creeper on the wire fence behind the neighbor's garbage cans. Thought that I'd prefer looking at the Virginia Creeper rather than the garbage cans. Not surprisingly, I was pulling the vines out of the lilac tree before we moved from that home.

Twelve years later, I've got the creeper in this yard. It's real pretty growing around a little sparrow house on my board fence. And, on the other side, it's on those neighbors' wire fence. They would object if I pulled it off probably, because they've just put in a swimming pool (almost wrote "swilling pool" ;o). I wish the vine would deaden their very public arguments fueled by alcohol but that can't happen.

Finally, it is climbing a tree in the backyard . . . so what should I do with this stuff? I like green . . . Is creeper too evil to tolerate even before it gets to the point of prying up shingles and crushing fences? So, WhoÂs Afraid of Virginia Creeper?

digitS'

You are cordially invited to George and Martha's for an evening of fun and games.

Martha: I looked at you tonight and you weren't there . . . And I'm gonna howl it out, and I'm not gonna give a d__n what I do and I'm gonna make the biggest g_d__n explosion you've ever heard.

George: Try and I'll beat you at your own game.

Martha: Is that a threat George, huh?

George: It's a threat, Martha.

Martha: You're gonna get it, baby.

George: Be careful Martha. I'll rip you to pieces.

Martha: You're not man enough. You haven't the guts.

George: Total war.

Martha: Total.

Comments (32)