SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabethsarah_gw

new grower looking for organix fix for PM and BS

elizabethsarah
10 years ago

I bought 3 hybrid teas a couple of weeks ago. I first noticed the black spots and removed all the infected leaves. That was the only action I took. Now I am noticing the powdery mildew. I am ALSO noticing spots on my hydrangeas. Not sure if it's connected to the roses or just coincidental. I only just started inspecting so I don't know whose came first.

I am looking for an organic recipe to treat each disease separately or even better if there is one recipe that will treat both diseases on both plants.

I found this one:
3 teaspoons of baking soda per gallon of water, combined with Sunspray at 2 tablespoons per gallon of water.

Also have read to use a couple drops of dish soap in place of the sunspray. Which is better? Is the dish soap really organic? If so, which dishsoap? I currently have palmolive in my kitchen.

I've read so much of people getting sick of the diseases and getting hybrids that are disease resistant. I am considering calling the store where I bought the roses to see if I can return them and start fresh with better species.

Can't wait to get help on this, it is literally causing me to lose sleep---and I am SOOOO tired!!

Thanks so much!
e

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting