SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Show off your Red Roses, Part I

dublinbay z6 (KS)
12 years ago

Hope you have some good reds and red blends ready to post. Unfortunately, my camera bleds red a lot and often brings out too much pink in the red--but I promise you that in real life, all the roses I post here are really and truly red, no matter what my (lying) camera says!

Gypsy Carnival (HT)-- was a wimpish rose its first few years, but finally has found some energy and is beginning to do itself proud. I just love the yellow reverses on the red petals.

Dublin Bay--obviously, my namesake. Very nice (and red) climber. See what I mean about my reds bleeding? That's Eutin down in the bottom right corner (see my next entry).

{{gwi:304872}}

Eutin (Kordes floribunda)-- solid, dependable, floriferous, disease-resistant. I've grown at least one Eutin in every garden I've ever planted. Has some hybrid musk in its background and kinda blooms in large clusters like a hybrid musk.

Eutin again--nearly at the end of its bloom cycle.

Braveheart--Clements shrub, and one of my favorite roses. Here is a close-up.

{{gwi:345474}}

Braveheart--the whole bush. Darn, wish my reds didn't run!

{{gwi:205465}}

Mother's Day (polyantha)-- little cutie. New this year and only bloomed once. Hope it picks up steam this coming season cuz I really like it.

{{gwi:215444}}

Home Run--an indestructible relative of the Knock Out series. I don't have a close-up, but you can see how nicely it marks the property line between my neighbor's and my front yards.

{{gwi:300146}}

Cherry Parfait--grandiflora or floribunda? Not sure. Solid dependable bloomer, but not the best photo of it. Must take some better ones this coming season.

{{gwi:288162}}

Can't believe it. I have no pictures of my Double Delight nor of my Chrysler Imperial. Help me out someone--surely you have some pics of them.

And please do add your other reds to this thread. We are going gawdy here!

Kate

Comments (42)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals